Page 322 of 332 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Feb 2014

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    This makes sense to me, updating the sheet.
    You also have DD against me, but I think you're WD. OTP you go for 2 2/2 and I can't beat that.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    You also have DD against me, but I think you're WD. OTP you go for 2 2/2 and I can't beat that.
    That makes sense to me, I got hung up on blowing up your swamp but I can just go land, pass, (discard Raze if you make me), 2nd land, 2/2s.

Updated in the sheet

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    9. FTW: Tundra, An Offer You Can't Refuse, Path to Exile, Recruit the Worthy

6. alphastryk: You must sacrifice 1 land to Raze to force out my counter, then you Devastating Summons for 2 1/1s trading with my last 2 cards. DD 2-2
    Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    FTW has DD, and I think that's right. Raze forces out the counter, and then the two 1/1s trade with Path and Recruit. If FTW doesn't expose the land to Raze, you just make the two 1/1s instead.
    I get that this is actually in favor of alphastryk:
    OTP, alphastryk Summons two ​ 1/1 s ​ before FTW can counter. ​ ​ ​ After that, FTW must do something to avoid losing to
    those tokens, but that leaves FTW tapped out and unable to counter Raze. ​ ​ ​ After Raze, FTW loses to 2 vs 1 or 1 vs 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    OTP, alphastryk Summons two ​ 1/1 s ​ before FTW can counter. ​ ​ ​ After that, FTW must do something to avoid losing to
    those tokens, but that leaves FTW tapped out and unable to counter Raze. ​ ​ ​ After Raze, FTW loses to 2 vs 1 or 1 vs 0.
    Ah, I saw scores of DD and DL, and I could see that alphastryk didn't lose, but forgot to check whether alphastryk actually wins instead. This look right to me. WD for alphastryk.

In this situation, can't FTW hold up Offer to counter Raze each turn, then on alphasryk's end step play Recruit the Worthy and PtE over the next two turns to draw?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    In this situation, can't FTW hold up Offer to counter Raze each turn, then on alphasryk's end step play Recruit the Worthy and PtE over the next two turns to draw?
    Yes, that's what I had happening. FTW's threat being an instant makes all the difference

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Yes, that's what I had happening. FTW's threat being an instant makes all the difference

Good point, so DD.

(though, I think FTW would still draw both even if _either_
    Path to Exile ​ or ​ Recruit the Worthy
    was a sorcery, rather than the _threat specifically_ needing to be an instant.)

Feb 2014

2. dte: Okiba Reckoner Raid, swamp, funeral charm, vicious rumors
    ME, playing a not very imaginative deck.

1. Asthereal (TO): Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    4-1.

3. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Okiba reckoner raid, Snuff Out, Swamp
    6-0. I am good in the mirror.

4. jfb1337: Academy Ruins, Simic Growth Chamber, Powder Keg, Courier's Briefcase
    0-6. Recursion>discard.

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    6-0. Discard>field. I make you discard EoT, then at mine.

6. alphastryk: Mountain, Hammerheim, Raze, Devastating Summons
    1-4. OTD, you discard Raze and beat me with 2 2-2.

7. RoosterCocoa: Island, Mistvault Bridge, Rise and Shine, Forget
    3-3

8. Phasmoid: Razortide Bridge, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace
    4-1

9. FTW: Tundra, An Offer You Can't Refuse, Path to Exile, Recruit the Worthy
    2-2

10. maxx!: Mistvault Bridge, Island, Forget, Resculpt
    4-1

11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid
    4-1. I hesitated to play the exact same cards, particularly because it beats titans. but it was losing to some 2 lands, 2 threats decks. It seems choosing either did not matter so much ;)

Sep 2011

I'm late to reply, but yes, it should be DD 2-2 vs alphastryk.

I never have to tap lands before opponent's end step, so I can always hold up Offer for sorcery speed cards.

My threat had to be an instant to avoid draws in other matchups, so I can deploy a threat without tapping out of my counter. However instant speed threats (Pact) can wait for me to tap out for Recruit, so I can only draw those.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Good point, so DD.

(though, I think FTW would still draw both even if _either_
    Path to Exile ​ or ​ Recruit the Worthy
    was a sorcery, rather than the _threat specifically_ needing to be an instant.)
    Yes, technically at least one of those spells needs to be an instant and it doesn't mater which. In my mind, answers are more commonly instants than threats are which is why that was my mental shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    2. dte: Okiba Reckoner Raid, swamp, funeral charm, vicious rumors
    ME, playing a not very imaginative deck.

11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid
    4-1. I hesitated to play the exact same cards, particularly because it beats titans. but it was losing to some 2 lands, 2 threats decks. It seems choosing either did not matter so much ;)
    When I saw that I was losing to your deck, I wondered if I had just chosen the worse version of discard. After Gut Shot + Drill Bit did well enough, I hoped this would too, though I know that a weaker card pool often means less combo, so single discard might be worse. I'm amused to see how close our results are.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Apologies for the slow response from my end. I was at a festival this weekend.
    I took a brief look at my scores, and they seem to align with what was reported, so here's standings for round 11:

1. jfb1337: 42 - 4,2
    2. RoosterCocoa: 37 - 3,7
    3. dte: 34 - 3,4
    4. silkster: 33 - 3,3
    5. FTW: 30 - 3
    6. Reeplcheep: 29 - 2,9
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: 24 - 2,4
    8. maxx!: 20 - 2
    9. alphastryk: 19 - 1,9
    10. Asthereal (TO): 17 - 1,7
    10. Phasmoid: 17 - 1,7

Which leads to these bannings:
    Academy Ruins
    An Offer You Can't Refuse
    Blackcleave Cliffs
    Courier's Briefcase
    Devour Intellect
    Forget
    Funeral Charm
    Mistvault Bridge
    Okiba Reckoner Raid
    Path to Exile
    Powder Keg
    Recruit the Worthy
    Rise and Shine
    Simic Growth Chamber
    Strike It Rich
    Tundra
    Vicious Rumors

In the season standings not much changes, but jfb1337's impressive debut is notable. Well done!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 12 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 12, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 22nd of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R12 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and by the looks of it, I'm only missing FTW's entry.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Deadline has passed, and by the looks of it, I'm only missing FTW's entry.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.
    Sorry, forgot the day, submitting something now.
    I kept checking the thread earlier but the round was never posted. Forgot to check yesterday.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I was at a festival, so no time to post earlier. But we're complete now, so let's go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 12 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    2. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Illness in the ranks, Forbidden Orchard, Warlock Class
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Resculpt
    4. silkster: Cave of the Frost Dragon, Fountain of Cho, March of Otherworldly Light, Feldon's Cane
    5. dte: Plains, Khalni garden, Colossus hammer, Sigarda's aid
    6. alphastryk: Leyline of Singularity, Keldon Megaliths, Izzet Boilerworks, Maze of Ith
    7. jfb1337: Mercadian Bazaar, Forest, Reclaim, Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes
    8. Phasmoid: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Martial Coup, Finale of Glory
    9. RoosterCocoa: Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Peat Bog, Engineered Explosives, Words of Wilding
    10. maxx!: Copperline Gorge, Dunes of the Dead, Chatter of the Squirrel, Tremble
    11. FTW: Breeding Pool, Piracy Charm, Dismember, Sprout

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sep 2011

With little time I just submitted a variation of my last deck. Again, I metagamed against the deck I wanted to play instead of playing it. I also picked Piracy Charm over a counter for AngelPact, which didn't even show up!

1. Asthereal (TO): If you play Energy Field first, Piracy Charm discards Luminarch (killing Field). If you play Luminarch first, Piracy Charm discards Energy Field and Sprout keeps counters off. WW 6-0
    2. Reeplcheep: Neat combo. Piracy Charm alone can't disrupt this. LL 0-6
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: If you play Energy Field, Piracy Charm discards Resculpt (killing Field). If you Resculpt first... I think your deck doesn't even work without Khalni Garden, but I can Dismember it. WW 6-0

4. silkster: Piracy Charm makes you discard March, then I beat down slowly with Sprout. If you crack Feldon's Cane to get back March, I can draw with Dismember on Cave, so you need to wait. By turn 7 you can block with Cave. I keep attacking, waiting for you to activate and block, then Dismember. Then you can crack Feldon, March the token before I've dealt much damage, then win with Cave. LL 0-6

5. dte: You need all 4 cards so Piracy Charm disrupts this. WW 6-0
    6. alphastryk: You can discard Maze and beat me with Megaliths. LL 0-6
    7. jfb1337: You can discard Reclaim and ignore my other cards. LL 0-6
    8. Phasmoid: You can discard one spell and still race with the other. LL 0-6
    9. RoosterCocoa: You can discard EE and win. LL 0-6
    10. maxx!: I'm hilariously bad at interacting with this. DL 1-4

19 points (6 wins, 13 loss, 1 draw)

Ironically the deck I metagamed against would have scored 41 points here. Should have just played that.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-29-2022 at 03:08 AM.

Feb 2014

1. Asthereal (TO): Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    3-3. OTP I kill you before you land energy field.

2. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Illness in the ranks, Forbidden Orchard, Warlock Class
    0-6, die of illness.

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Resculpt
    4-1

4. silkster: Cave of the Frost Dragon, Fountain of Cho, March of Otherworldly Light, Feldon's Cane
    0-6. march kills me!

Me, thinking pact and raze were the 2 DtB. Being quite wrong about it. Here I kill T3 and do not care about LD.

6. alphastryk: Leyline of Singularity, Keldon Megaliths, Izzet Boilerworks, Maze of Ith
    0-6. Maze alone beats me. Interesting the leyline vs multiple tokens, an elegant way to handle pact combo, were it played.

6-0, being fast.

6-0, being fast.

9. RoosterCocoa: Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Peat Bog, Engineered Explosives, Words of Wilding
    0-6, EE

10. maxx!: Copperline Gorge, Dunes of the Dead, Chatter of the Squirrel, Tremble
    6-0. I also had a quite similar deck I hesitated with. I should have taken it rather than hammer!

0-6, piracy charm.

Ouch ;)

My first deck idea ended up being illegal; so I went back to an older idea I had without having a lot of time to test it. Lets see how it goes:

Can't beat energy field; LL
    Nice deck; can't stick my 1/1; LL
    When you play your rescult it goes to the grave and you lose your energy field. Doesn't look like this deck works the way you want. If you play resculpt then my walker beats your 4/4, but if I don't then I can't get through the energy field. DD.
    You can't exile my walker and can't attack it often enough to pressure it. Attacking me is too slow. WW.
    Way faster clock than anything I can deal with. LL.
    Megaliths kills boo every turn. DD.
    Maths below. I think it's WL
    Maths below. I think it's LL
    OTP I reclaim my forest when you tremble, I still get my walker down on t5 which beats your board. OTD I play the forest first and get my walker down by t6 which still beats your board. WW.
    I discard reclaim to charm, then my walker wins. WW

vs Phasmoid:
    OTP:
    t1: bazar0, fountain0
    t2: baz1, forest ; fount1, fount0
    t3: baz2; fount2, fount1
    t4: baz3; fount3, fount2
    t5: baz0, minsc4, boo4, atk4 to 16; fount4, fount3 [if finale for 3, i can hold back to block for a turn and you can't kill minsc]
    t6: baz1, minsc5, boo7, atk7 to 9; fount0, fount0, finale for 5 [if coup, can't pressure minsc; if nothing then lose immediately]
    t7: baz2, minsc6, boo10, atk10. However you block you die in at most 2 turns. [0: die now. 1-2: go to 4, can't block next atk. 3-4: can't kill minsc, sacs boo for 10dmg next turn. 5: trades all with boo but leaves minsc around; next 2 turns are atk4 and atk7]
    OTD:
    t1: fount0; baz0
    t2: fount1 fount0; baz1 forest
    t3: fount2 fount1; baz2
    t4: fount3 fount2; baz3
    t5: fount0 fount0 finale for 3; baz 0, minsc4 boo4
    t6: fount1 fount1 atk minsc to death, block with boo; baz 1 reclaim minsc
    t7: fount2 fount2; baz2
    t8: fount3 fount3; baz3
    t9: fount4 fount4; baz0 minsc4 boo7
    t10: atk minsc to 2, coup for 8; minsc3 boo4
    t11: atk minsc to 0 and me to 15 (one blocked 7 left); if i atk i lose the race so i block
    t12: atk to 9 (one blocked 6 left); pass
    t13: atk to 4 (one blocked 5 left); I can't beat that
    There are a few tricky combat decision points so I'm not 100% certain but I think this is WL

vs RoosterCocoa:
    OTP:
    t1: baz0; bog, EE0
    t2: baz1, forest; words
    t3: baz2; token
    t4: baz3; 2 tokens, atk2 to 18
    t5: baz0, minsc4, boo4; 3 tokens
    t6: baz1, minsc5, boo7, atk 13; atk minsc to 0, use EE
    t7: baz2, reclaim minsc; 1 token
    t9: baz3; 2 tokens, atk2 to 18
    t10: minsc4, boo4; 3 tokens
    t11: minsc5, boo7, atk to 6; 4 tokens, atk minsc to 0 [otherwise sac boo kills]
    t12: atk7, must block with 1 token and go to 1; 4 tokens, enough to block boo forever and generate the tokens to atk around it
    OTD i'm slower.

7W4D = 25 points overall.

Edit: Fix alphastryk matchup; missed that megaliths hits creatures.
    Edit2: Fix GoblinSmashmaster matchup; forgot they can just sit behind field forever
    Last edited by jfb1337; 06-23-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Since we really scraped the bottom of the barrel discard spells last round, I hope people didn’t see this coming. I make you discard a card t1 and then t2 when the spirit dies. If that won’t work I can just jam illness t1 and hope you can’t beat that in a creature less format.

I make you discard 2x before you can cast ascension. WW 6-0

I make you discard 2x before you can cast resculpt. WW 6-0

Non token creatures and discard hate. I lose hard. LL 0-6

You can’t beat illness. WW 6-0

21 turn clock vs 24? turn clock. I win the (snail’s) race. WW 6-0

I make you discard two before you can cast reclaim. Also you can’t beat illness. WW 6-0

I make you discard 2 before you can do anything. WW 6-0
    you can win with 2 cards. LL 0-6

Either of your spells are really bad for me. OTP I make you discard 2. OTD words beats me with 1/1s. WL 3-3
    Edit: you can draw with only 2 cards DL 1-4

OTP I can make you discard 2 before you cast tremble. OTD I can wait until you cast chatter and then I can force you to discard one of tremble or dunes for the win. So you can’t act first. WD 4-1
    WL per below.

You can’t beat illness. I keep cry for your piracy charm and just play illness warlock for the 21 turn clock. WW 6-0

My best performance. 13 W 1D 6 L 48/60 40/60
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 06-29-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Thread Information