Page 324 of 332 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Deck doesn't work"

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Resculpt
    That's me, playing something worse than Goblins!

9. RoosterCocoa: Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Peat Bog, Engineered Explosives, Words of Wilding
    EE 0-6
    Rooster doesn't have enough mana to play Words of Wilding, then play EE for 2 (cause it has to be 2 different colours) and then crack EE. So you just don't play Energy Field until Rooster has cast Words, and your Energy Field is safe, netting you a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    Has the next season been decided?
    I don't think it has. I think Asthereal is stepping down from hosting, but dte and I volunteered to alternate hosting seasons, but we haven't figured out what those seasons will be. Any suggestions?

The last few seasons have come from taking single rounds from a Deviant season and making them into banathons. Creatures-only was a fun found, and made for a great banathon, and the natural next thing to do was to do the opposite and do creatureless. If I had to choose one right now, without too much reflection, I think I would do a WURBG season: You start with WUBRG in your mana pool and this mana is not lost as steps and phases end.

Feb 2014

I have two ideas for a season, but thought maybe to wait until the last round of this one to discuss it?
    Or should we start now?

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I have two ideas for a season, but thought maybe to wait until the last round of this one to discuss it?
    Or should we start now?
    This is round 12: ​ Were more planned?

My personal preference is, I guess I would call it 1-card starting hand:

Instead of players starting with all 4 of their cards in hand, they start with 1 in hand
    and 3 in their library, with what-starts-where determined as part of deck submission.
    Specifically, decklists would be sent in the order
    card_in_hand , top_of_library , middle_of_library , bottom_of_library ​ .
    This way, being on-the-draw would be real, rather than just not being on-the-play.

Feb 2014

There are three rounds left, the plan was 15.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

There's quite a few disagreemens still, but by the looks of things they won't affect bannings, so here's bannings for next round:
    Cave of the Frost Dragon
    Cry of Contrition
    Engineered Explosives
    Feldon's Cane
    Finale of Glory
    Forbidden Orchard
    Fountain of Cho
    Illness in the Ranks
    Izzet Boilerworks
    Keldon Megaliths
    Leyline of Singularity
    March of Otherworldly Light
    Martial Coup
    Maze of Ith
    Peat Bog
    Warlock Class
    Words of Wilding
    Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth

I'll post standings when the disagreements are resolved, but first let me try to come up with a deck that's not a blatant steal.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I have a deck, and a somewhat original one at that, so let's open up round 13:

ROUND 13 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 13, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 29th of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R13 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

And please have a look at the disagreements for round 12, so we can close that one up soon.

I accepted the disagreements.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Looks like all but Rooster vs maxx! are resolved, which I arbite as DD as Peat Bog enters tapped and can be destroyed on sight by maxx!

This means standings for round 12 are as follows:
    1. Reeplcheep: 40 - 4
    2. RoosterCocoa: 38 - 3,8
    3. silkster: 37 - 3,7
    4. Phasmoid: 35 - 3,5
    5. alphastryk: 30 - 3
    6. maxx!: 27 - 2,7
    7. dte: 25 - 2,5
    8. jfb1337: 25 - 2,5
    9. Asthereal (TO): 21 - 2,1
    10. FTW: 19 -1,9
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 11 - 1,1

And the season looks as follows, with three more rounds to go:
    1. dte: 44,3
    2. silkster: 41,5
    3. RoosterCocoa: 38,4
    4. FTW: 38,3
    5. maxx!: 35,6
    6. Reeplcheep: 33,1
    7. Asthereal (TO): 32,8
    8. Phasmoid: 27,8
    9. alphastryk: 27,4
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: 27,3
    11. jfb1337: 6,7
    12. Nasst: 6,1

I think I have every deck for round 13, so I'll post them in a minute.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Feb 2014

1. Asthereal (TO): Azorius Chancery, Faerie Conclave, Energy Field, Detention Sphere
    0-6

2. dte: Irrigation ditch, Sandwurm convergence, Show and tell, Sheltered valley
    Me, playing combo again.

3. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Darkslick Shores, Lingering Souls, Windfall
    3-3.

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Island, Show and Tell, Cruel Reality
    6-0. Great minds think alike! But my threat is better in the mirror ;)

5. RoosterCocoa: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Remote Farm, Show and Tell, Form of the Dragon
    0-6. Great minds think alike! But my threat is worse in the mirror ;)
    Funnily enough we really played rock / paper / scissors on show and tell.

6. jfb1337: Forbidding Watchtower, The Wandering Emperor, Prismatic Ending, Saltcrusted Steppe
    6-0. Finally something combo can crush!

7. silkster: Ebon Stronghold, Vault of the Archangel, Agonizing Remorse, Black Market Connections
    3-3.

8. Phasmoid: Mercadian Bazaar, Mercadian Bazaar, Red Sun's Zenith, Crackle with Power
    6-0.

9. FTW: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Darksteel Citadel, Convincing Mirage, The Blackstaff of Waterdeep
    3-3

10. maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal
    3-3

11. Reeplcheep: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge
    6-0

I like that we really tried all versions of show and tell, and rock/paper/scissored it!
    A bit disappointed to not get free points from valley though. On the previous round it was stealing draws from most controls decks.

6. jfb1337: Forbidding Watchtower, The Wandering Emperor, Prismatic Ending, Saltcrusted Steppe
    Me trying to make another 4 mana planeswalker work.

1. Asthereal (TO): Azorius Chancery, Faerie Conclave, Energy Field, Detention Sphere
    Once I can leave up 4 mana (after my turn 5), you stop attacking (after having attacked at most 3 times), as otherwise my walker eats your land and I win. That leaves me free to keep putting counters on my land for as long as I like; until I have access to all the mana I'll need for the rest of the game to play my cards and animate my land every turn. Eventually, I'll play the walker in your end step, make a 2/2, then untap and make it a 3/3, atk for 4. You detention the 3/3 and attack emperor to 1, then I make a 2/2. I can then attack for 3 per turn which is a faster clock than you; and I can remove the field whenever you play it. WW.

I don't beat that. LL.

I don't beat that. LL.

I don't beat that. LL.

5. RoosterCocoa: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Remote Farm, Show and Tell, Form of the Dragon
    I don't beat that. LL.

7. silkster: Ebon Stronghold, Vault of the Archangel, Agonizing Remorse, Black Market Connections
    You discard my walker and I don't beat the black market. LL.

8. Phasmoid: Mercadian Bazaar, Mercadian Bazaar, Red Sun's Zenith, Crackle with Power
    You can crackle for 2 or 3 to clear out my walker + all my tokens shortly after I can make them. LL.

9. FTW: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Darksteel Citadel, Convincing Mirage, The Blackstaff of Waterdeep
    You mirage my storage land; I ending your staff. DD.

I can't beat the dark deal. LL.

11. Reeplcheep: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge
    I'm just a little too slow. LL.

2W2D = 8 points. Not the best this round.
    I realised show and tell was legal quite late, and considered submitting it but was worried about discard.
    Last edited by jfb1337; 06-29-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Me: 7. silkster: Ebon Stronghold, Vault of the Archangel, Agonizing Remorse, Black Market Connections

1. Asthereal (TO): Azorius Chancery, Faerie Conclave, Energy Field, Detention Sphere LL
    I thought this would be close, but I have to make two dudes to win the race, then you Sphere, then I have to make two more and it's not even close. I'm not sure if Sheltered Valley would have saved me, but I knew it was probably better. I just didn't expect to actually have to race.

2. dte: Irrigation ditch, Sandwurm Convergence, Show and tell, Sheltered Valley WL
    I almost played an equivalent version of this deck, but I couldn't decide between the various enchantment options.

3. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Darkslick Shores, Lingering Souls, Windfall WL
    I thought I just won this on the play by disrupting your stuff, but it's actually close. I play turn 2 BMC, you play Souls, then I make a treasure to Remorse the Souls from your graveyard. I make two mercenaries and win the race.

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Island, Show and Tell, Cruel Reality WL

5. RoosterCocoa: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Remote Farm, Show and Tell, Form of the Dragon WL
    Ah, this is more like what I almost played.

6. jfb1337: Forbidding Watchtower, The Wandering Emperor, Prismatic Ending, Saltcrusted Steppe WW

8. Phasmoid: Mercadian Bazaar, Mercadian Bazaar, Red Sun's Zenith, Crackle with Power WW*

9. FTW: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Darksteel Citadel, Convincing Mirage, The Blackstaff of Waterdeep ?L
    There are several lines here, but I think I'm too slow. Vault was definitely a bad choice, and I knew it, but I didn't think it would matter and I thought it was funny. I should have picked one of the better funny options.

10. maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal WL

11. Reeplcheep: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge WL

10W, 10L. I just noticed now that my match with alphastryk is not an auto WL, but I do think I clinch it in the end.

This was not at all the meta that I was expecting. Should I have predicted S&T/Windfall/Dark Deal? In hindsight it looks easy. Now that I look it over, the first deck that came to mind that I wished I'd played would have gotten 10W,2D, (by my quick and not reliable analysis). Tough meta. I have no idea who comes out on top today.

*On the draw:
    Bazaar tapped; Stronghold.
    B1, BT; Vault, BMC.
    B2, B1; 3/2, treasure, Remorse on Crackle (20-15).
    Kill mercenary, B0, B0; 3/2 (20-12).
    B1, B1; 2 mercenaries, 1 attacks (17-9).
    B2, B2; 2 mercenaries, 2 attack (1 treasure), (11-8). If you don't kill a mercenary, you can go B3,B3 and Zenith for 5, which isn't enough, so
    Kill mercenary, B1, B0; new mercenary, 1 attacks (8-5)
    B2,B1; new treasure, 2 attack (2-4).
    Kill one mercenary, and the other gets in. Or shoot me for 2 and I make a treasure and win on 1.

Me, playing combo again.

I might be reading the situation incorrectly, but Cruel Reality is not an optional sacrifice, so every turn you get a 5/5 on your end step and then lose it on your upkeep. Your life goes up, but you can never attack.

Sep 2011

Me, playing combo again.

I agree with silkster. The sacrifice is not optional. Cruel Reality appears to be the best in the mirrors. Should be
    DD 2-2 vs dte
    WW 6-0 vs Rooster

Sep 2011

I had this with Rise and Shine a few rounds ago, the same round Rise got banned. Mirage would have been good last round too, with everyone playing around other types of LD. When I finally play it, it's less good this round.

1. Asthereal (TO): Turn your Chancery into a Swamp. You can still play Energy Field to draw. DD 2-2
    2. dte: OTP I disrupt your Ditch. OTD you make too many 5/5s for a 4/4 indestructible to hold off. WL 3-3
    3. alphastryk: OTP I disrupt your Farm. OTD you Windfall before I have mana to use Staff. WL 3-3
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I disrupt your Needle. OTD I can't beat Cruel Reality. WL 3-3
    5. RoosterCocoa: OTP I disrupt your Farm. OTD I can't attack through Form. WL 3-3
    6. jfb1337: I turn your Steppe into a Swamp. You can't make a threat, but you can ending my Staff. DD 2-2
    7. silkster: OTP I turn your Stronghold into a Forest. OTD the staff always gets under your discard. You can power out T2 Connections, but 4/4 indestructible should race that. The life loss on the 3/2 tokens is what does it. I don't see a winning line for you. WW 6-0
    8. Phasmoid: I disrupt one land, then the 4/4 races your slow X spells. WW 6-0
    10. maxx!: OTP I turn Bridge into an Island. OTD you Dark Deal before I have 2 lands to activate my Staff. WL 3-3
    11. Reeplcheep: OTP I turn Bridge into an Island and you can't pay for Grace. OTD you can play Grace, but 4/4 indestructible can stay back to draw. WD 4-1

35 points (10 wins, 5 draw, 5 loss)

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I agree with silkster. The sacrifice is not optional. Cruel Reality appears to be the best in the mirrors. Should be
    DD 2-2 vs dte
    Agree as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Looks like all but Rooster vs maxx! are resolved, which I arbite as DD as Peat Bog enters tapped and can be destroyed on sight by maxx!
    Apologies for missing this. I forgot to look at this and resolve it. I think Rooster is right and it's WD for them, since OTD I'm too slow to destroy a land before Words resolves. I don't think it's gonna make a huge difference in the standings, but I feel bad cheating Rooster out of 2 extra points last round.

maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal

Dark Deal goes off before you can cast anything or keep 2 lands in play. 6-0

OTP you lose your hand. OTD the Sandwurms get me. 3-3

Wheel mirror. You can ALMOST cast Lingering Souls when OTD, but not quite. 3-3

Another T2 combo. 3-3

Ditto. 3-3

OTP you lose your hand without doing anything. OTD you still lose your hand, but I think you have a window to cast Prismatic Ending on my token. Since Dark Deal is a sorcery, I don't think there's any way I can get it on the stack on top of the Dunes trigger. Prismatic Ending is also a sorcery. 6-0

Turn 2 decks trade. 3-3

You're just barely too slow when OTP to be able to cast RSZ every turn for 0 to keep it in your library. 6-0

Mirage is good LD. 3-3

This is me :]

I remember the Titans, and the last time these decks faced off the player who went first always won. 3-3

6+3+3+3+3+6+3+6+3+3 = 39

I guess this meta is what happens when we run out of good turn 1 interaction but still have turn 2 gamewinner combos. I didn't have much time to brew this week, and I noticed last week that resubmitting Dark Deal would've scored better than what I actually cooked up, so I just sent it in again. Looks like it did fine.
    Last edited by maxx!; 06-29-2022 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal

OTP you lose your hand without doing anything. OTD you still lose your hand, but I think you have a window to cast Prismatic Ending on my token. Since Dark Deal is a sorcery, I don't think there's any way I can get it on the stack on top of the Dunes trigger. 4-1
    Prismatic ending is a sorcery; so I'm not able to interact with your token before I lose my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    Prismatic ending is a sorcery; so I'm not able to interact with your token before I lose my hand.
    You are correct! Updated

Thread Information