Page 290 of 332 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

DECKS FOR ROUND 9 OF SEASON 11: Legacy Creatures & Lands Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads
    2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse
    5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar
    6. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Brutal Cathar
    7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    8. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Thornscape Apprentice, Bloodhall Ooze, Deathrite Shaman
    9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier
    11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Always feels risky not doing anything until turn 3. Very powerful answers though.

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads / 6-0, Plenty of time to stabilise, Hexdrinker won't get close to pro-everything.
    2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau / 3-3, Too fast OTD. OTP Cathar turn 3 stabilises.
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk / 6-0, OTD Turn 3 Cathar on Welder, followed by turn 4 Sliver, turn 5 activation wins.
    4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse / 0-6, turn 2 land hate.
    5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar / 0-6, turn 2 land hate.
    7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk / 6-0, as vs GSM.
    8. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Thornscape Apprentice, Bloodhall Ooze, Deathrite Shaman / 6-0, taking Ooze out should do it.
    9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan / 3-3, OTP Cathar takes Titan before it can do anything. OTD Welder can sac Titan again to make life difficult.
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier / 6-0, Lots of time to stabilise.
    11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare / 6-0, Whichever creature Maggot doesn't take can kill it or Student and win.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 9.

1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads <-me

2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau WW
    Dryads trade for Vine, Frosty for Walla and Hexdrinker either races or levels up until it becomes big enough to smash through Tribe.
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk WW
    Frosty kills Welder.
    4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse WW
    OTP I get three permanents out, allowing me to sac all but the 3/3, which wins against two 1/1s. EDIT-OTD I can open with Frosty and sac it. The turn after I play Dryads and sac that. I end up with Hex and a land to level it up for the win.
    5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar DD
    EDIT-EDIT: I don't play anything. If you drop Plotter, I kill it with Frosty. If you then make Cathar, I drop Hex and win. If you drop Cathar first, I drop Hex and win again. So you also have to do nothing and we draw.
    6. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Brutal Cathar LL
    I'm not fast enough to stop you from recurring necro to kill my team.
    7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk WW
    Frosty kills Welder.
    8. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Thornscape Apprentice, Bloodhall Ooze, Deathrite Shaman WW
    Frosty kills the Ooze before it becomes big. Apprentice can only tap one of my boys and both become too big for your team to handle.
    9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan WW
    Frosty kills Welder.
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier DD
    Firebrand kills my Hexdrinker, Frosty kills your Student and my 3/3 gets enough hits in that you can't race me anymore and have to keep the 4/1 first striker back on defence? I don't see a better line than that.
    11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare WW
    Maggot has to take my Frosty, or I trade you for it and get my card back. Hex and Dryads race the Student and the 1/1, see below.

Total: 46 points. Holy crap that's a lot better than I expected from 5 minutes of work! I must have made tons of mistakes in my analysis.. EDIT: yup, many mistakes.

Against silk:
    s1: Maggot, take Frosty
    A1: Dryads
    s2: Student
    A2: Hex, attack for 3 (17)
    s3: Student L1, no attacks, as you'll allow me to attack with the 2/1 Hex next turn, and you don't want to trade Hex for Student
    A3: Hex L1, attack for 3 (14)
    s4: Student L2, becomes 3/3 first strike, attack with just Student (17) / or keep Student back, see below.
    A4: Hex L2, attack for 3, (11)
    s5: Student L3, attack for 4 (as Hex will become 4/4 next turn anyway) (13)
    A5: Hex L3, becomes 4/4. Attack for 7 (4) and from here I win.

s4: keep Student back attack with Maggot (14 vs 19 now)
    A4: Hex L2, no attacks
    s5: Student L3, no attacks
    A5: Hex L3, becomes 4/4, attack for 4 (10)
    s6: Student L4, no attacks
    A6: Hex L4, attack for 4 (6)
    s7: Student L5
    A7: Hex L5, attack (2)
    So Student doesn't make it to 4/4 double strike in time and I win anyway.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 01-13-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Sep 2011

T1 tapped Farm
    T2 Tendo, remove counter for U, steal your best land and give you colorless Tendo
    T3 Cathar (using Farm + your land)
    I think I finally got this deck right.

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP you only get 1 play before I steal your land. You can't cast a 2nd threat, then I can remove your 1 creature with Cathar.
    OTD you get 2 creatures. You probably want Dryads and Hexdrinker (which you can level with colorless mana), but Cathar can still take Hexdrinker and flip into a 3/3 first strike. Too slow to race, but I can draw.
    Edit: If you do nothing, I can't play Cathar first because I'll lose to Hexdrinker ultimate (even after land swap), so I have to do nothing too. DD 2-2

2. Reeplcheep: T2 Cathar exiling Vengevine. OTP I'm at 16 life, OTD I'm at 8 life. Then I start attacking with 3/3 first strike and leave 1/1 to block Rootwalla, which lets me race. WW 6-0

3. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I steal your land after you play a 1/1, then exile the 1/1 with Cathar.
    OTD you have Welder + Neonate ready. I still play T2 Vedalken Plotter. You fizzle the trigger by Welding Great Furnace into Gearhulk, killing the Plotter. Then when I play Cathar, if I target Welder you ignore it, and if I target Gearhulk you can Weld it out. WL 3-3

4. alphastryk: OTP T2 Plotter takes your Farm and you can't play spells.
    OTD I play untapped Tendo Ice Bridge first, so I can pay for Cutpurse without losing lands. Brutal Cathar beats 2 1/1s. WW 6-0

6. PJim: T2 Plotter disrupts your mana. WW 6-0

7. dte: Same as GoblinSmashmaster. WL half-smash 3-3

8. Wrath of Pie: OTP you only get 1 creature, which easily loses to Cathar.
    OTD you can make 2 creatures (probably Bloodhall Ooze + DRS), but Cathar exiles Ooze and then wins. WW 6-0

9. RoosterCocoa: Same as GoblinSmashmaster. WL 3-3

10. maxx!: OTP you get only 1 creature, which loses to Cathar.
    OTD you can make 2 creatures (probably suspend Keldon + L1 Student). I still get your land before Student can be 3/3, so Plotter can trade with it. That means I can wait for Keldon to unsuspend before casting Cathar to win. (If you make Firebrand + Student instead, you can kill Plotter but then Cathar can exile Student freely). WW 6-0

11. silkster: OTD I lose to T1 Brain Maggot exiling Cathar into T2 Student (I can steal your land to stop level up, but your 2 1/1s beat my 1 1/1).
    OTP if Brain Maggot takes Cathar, Plotter steals your land to prevent Student, then Plotter would win the race (or trade and get back Cathar). If Maggot takes Plotter instead, Cathar can exile Maggot (get back Plotter), then I steal your land to stop Student from levelling up.
    WL 3-3

44 points (14 wins, 2 draw, 4 loss)
    Last edited by FTW; 01-15-2022 at 02:09 PM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads <-me

5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar WW
    I open with Dryads. If you trade lands, I win. If you do nothing I also win. So you have to Cathar it. Then I make Hex, which will turn into a 4/4 well before you can kill me, and then you can't attack anymore before it becomes 6/6 pro everything that should race you.
    You open with Dryads. I trade lands and you can't cast more threats. In this version of the deck, I can still play my threat after trading lands, so I can Cathar your Dryads and win.

If you have both Dryads and Hexdrinker before I take your land (on your play), that forces me to use Cathar on Hexdrinker. I've taken too much damage so my 3/3 first strike won't race, but it can hold you off.

WD 4-1 for me?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    You open with Dryads. I trade lands and you can't cast more threats. In this version of the deck, I can still play my threat after trading lands, so I can Cathar your Dryads and win.

If you have both Dryads and Hexdrinker before I take your land (on your play), that forces me to use Cathar on Hexdrinker. I've taken too much damage so my 3/3 first strike won't race, but it can hold you off.

WD 4-1 for me?
    Remote Farm does not make blue mana. Somehow my brain decided your land made blue mana instead of white, which means you wouldn't be able to trade lands before casting Cathar.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Finally trying the Pirate plan, might not be good enough anymore without Saprazzan Skerry though since I can't play Footpad or get a more useful land in there. It beats most of the slow storage or bounce land decks and does decently against Welder but doesn't do great against multiple threats especially if I'm forced to take the initiative.

If you lead with Frostling and dump that to the first Cutpurse, you're always able to get down either Dryads or Hexdrinker (with a land) and I can't beat either. LL

0-6

You're always able to sac your land to my first Cutpurse and Tribe to the second. I can't beat your 4/3. LL

0-6

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    I'm always able to force you to sacrifice one of Neonate, Welder or Furnace and your deck needs all 3 to combo. The best you can do is create 2 1/1s when you're OTP to force the draw. WD

4-1

This is me

Plotter taking my Farm is too strong. I probably shouldn't have played something that can't beat Plotter. LL

0-6

Bouncelands are what this is designed to beat. WW

6-0

I'm always able to force you to sacrifice one of Neonate, Welder or Furnace and your deck needs all 3 to combo. The best you can do is create 2 1/1s when you're OTP to force the draw. WD

4-1

8. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Thornscape Apprentice, Bloodhall Ooze, Deathrite Shaman
    OTP I'm able to blow things up turn 2 & 3, so the best you can do is play out Deathrite shaman, then lose your land to the first Cutpurse. On your turn 2 you use Deathrite and the land in your graveyard to play another creature (which will be sacrificed to the second Cutpurse), leaving you with a 1/2 I can't get past. D

OTD you're able to land 2 creatures (Ooze, then Deathrite), then sacrifice your land to the first Cutpurse and nothing to the second (using Deathrite for mana). Your Ooze keeps growing and my 1/1s are bad. L

1-4

9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan

4-1

10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier
    Suspend threat is really good against me. LL

0-6

11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare
    You're always able to play Maggot turn 1, taking one of my Cutpurses, then you sacrifice your land to the second. I can't even beat Maggot from there. LL

0-6

Total: 19 points. Blegh.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    If you lead with Frostling and dump that to the first Cutpurse, you're always able to get down either Dryads or Hexdrinker (with a land) and I can't beat either. LL

0-6
    Right. I can open with Frosty. That means I don't have to go for the draw and can win when on the draw as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post

4-1

4-1

4-1
    I don't think you're right on these when on the draw. You do win OTP by forcing the first creature or Furnace to sac. OTD:

Furnace, Welder | Farm
    Neonate | Island, Cutpurse

The Titan version wins here, activating Neonate and Welder, then sacrificing Titan to get 3 3/3s. If the Gearhulk version tries the same thing, it brings in Gearhulk (killing Cutpurse), then sacrifices it or Welder, whichever is kept dies to the second Cutpurse. If instead they stand still, they have to sacrifice Furnace, or a 1/1, making getting Gearhulk impossible. If they sac Furnace, there'll be no mana to save a 1/1 from the next Cutpurse, while if they sac a creature they can, but it'll be 2 1/1s vs 1 regardless.

So 6-0, 6-0, and 3-3, I think.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    I don't think you're right on these when on the draw. You do win OTP by forcing the first creature or Furnace to sac. OTD:

Furnace, Welder | Farm
    Neonate | Island, Cutpurse

The Titan version wins here, activating Neonate and Welder, then sacrificing Titan to get 3 3/3s. If the Gearhulk version tries the same thing, it brings in Gearhulk (killing Cutpurse), then sacrifices it or Welder, whichever is kept dies to the second Cutpurse. If instead they stand still, they have to sacrifice Furnace, or a 1/1, making getting Gearhulk impossible. If they sac Furnace, there'll be no mana to save a 1/1 from the next Cutpurse, while if they sac a creature they can, but it'll be 2 1/1s vs 1 regardless.

So 6-0, 6-0, and 3-3, I think.
    It is possible to pay for cutpurse:
    T1 Welder / land
    Attack / cutpurse, pay. Otherwise Welder attacks 20 times.
    Neonate, titan, kill cutpurse - - > win
    3-3?

GoblinDTEmaster results for Round "Goblins!"

That's me!

Total: 100 points

I thought with fury gone my aggro deck might be good again.

LL per above.

0-6

Me

Aggro < combo. LL 0-6

WW per above

6-0

Brutal cathar as the three drop of choice is wrecking me. LL
    0-6

6. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Brutal Cathar.
    WL per above
    3-3

Aggro < combo 0-6

The most important thing is getting counters on your ooze. Since that happens on your 3rd upkeep I believe it should be WL. 3-3?

Aggro < combo LL 0-6

This seems way too slow. WW 6-0.

You can’t use chancellor mana for Student, so it is too slow to matter OTD, and OTP maggot wins anyways.

WL 3-3

I did not expect this much exile removal and combo. Oof.

7W 0D 13 L for 21/60.

maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier

Our Fanatics trade with the level up guys, and Keldon beats Dryads but takes so long to land that I can't race. 2-2

OTP
    T1 Student / Everything (16 - 20)
    T2 Level Up / Attack (8 - 20)
    T3 Level Up, 3/3 First Strike / Attack, block Vengevine (4 - 20)
    T4 Firebrand, kill Rootwalla / No attack
    T5 Suspend Keldon, wait until it's safe to start attacking
    OTD I'm too slow. 3-3

Firebrand kills Welder and then Neonate can't race my other guys. 6-0

OTD
    T1 Farm / Student
    T2 Cutpurse, sac Student / suspend Keldon (4)
    T3 Cutpurse, sac land (20 - 19) / Keldon (3)
    T4 Attack (20 - 17) / Keldon (2)
    T5 Attack (20 - 15) / Keldon (1)
    T4 Attack (20 - 13) / Keldon, attack (16 - 13)
    I win this race easily. 6-0

Can't beat this at all. 0-6 I do nothing at all until you play a creature. You never do because giving up either ETB trigger kneecaps your ability to beat me. 2-2

This is very powerful and I'm not fast enough. 0-6

Thornscape can give DRS First Strike to trade with Keldon, but not while tapping Student on the same turn. This seems fairly tricky to map out but I think Firebrand always trades with Ooze, Student Levels Up to 7 eventually, and Thornscape is forced to tap Student pre-combat which lets Keldon attack freely. Might need to work out the math but I think there's enough time for all of that. 6-0?

This is me :]

OTP I stick Firebrand, Brain Maggot takes one of my bigger threats, and then I play/suspend the other. Whenever you play Student I kill it with Firebrand before it levels.
    OTD
    T1 Maggot (take Firebrand) / Suspend Keldon (4)
    T2 Student, attack (20 - 19) / Student (K3)
    T3 L1, no attack (trading Students is bad, trading Maggot lets me kill your Student) / L2 (K2)
    T4 L3, Student attack (20 - 16) / L3 (K1)
    T5 L4, no attack / L4, Keldon attack
    Keldon trades with Student even at max level. I should win this one. 6-0

2+3+6+6+2+0+6+6+6+6 = 43

I expected Welder, possibly Lackey, and other decks that rely on x/1s, so Firebrand was something I wanted to play. I had a hard time settling on the heavy hitters (I think Asthereal probably went in a better direction), but the general idea seems to have done well.

edit: updated results against FTW
    Last edited by maxx!; 01-14-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

T1 tapped Farm
    T2 Tendo, remove counter for U, steal your best land and give you colorless Tendo
    T3 Cathar (using Farm + your land)
    I think I finally got this deck right.

10. maxx!: OTP you get only 1 creature, which loses to Cathar.
    OTD you can make 2 creatures (probably suspend Keldon + L1 Student). I still get your land before Student can be 3/3, so Plotter can trade with it. That means I can wait for Keldon to unsuspend before casting Cathar to win. (If you make Firebrand + Student instead, you can kill Plotter but then Cathar can exile Student freely). WW 6-0
    I just had a thought: what if I just do nothing (hold my land) until you play a creature? If the first creature you play is Plotter, I can Firebrand it and then sit doing nothing again. If you play Cathar without exiling anything, I can suspend Keldon and you can't beat that. DD?

(I have a feeling this line could change a lot of your matchups, unless I'm missing something.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    I just had a thought: what if I just do nothing (hold my land) until you play a creature? If the first creature you play is Plotter, I can Firebrand it and then sit doing nothing again. If you play Cathar without exiling anything, I can suspend Keldon and you can't beat that. DD?

(I have a feeling this line could change a lot of your matchups, unless I'm missing something.)
    Yup, I can do that as well. Just sit there, and if FTW drops Plotter, I make Frosty and kill it. Then if he makes the 2/2 I get to drop the rest of the team and just win.
    If FTW drops the 2/2 first, I make the Hexdrinker, and that boy will just become 4/4 and then 6/6 prot ev. So FTW has to wait as well, and we end up drawing our games.

Frostling is too much for me. LL

You win on turn 3, while Triplicate Titan comes into play on my turn 2 and has vigilance, so I win. WW

OTP I get Triplicate Titan and even if you kill it with Noxious Gearhulk I win with the flying 3/3 while holding the other two 3/3s back to block. I missed that you can recur the Gearhulk every 2 turns. OTD you either destroy my Goblin Welder or beat me down with your Insolent Neonate, so I lose in either case. LL

OTP I get Triplicate Titan before you can play a Cutpurse, so I can just sacrifice it to your first Cutpurse and win with 3/3s. OTD I can't keep anything in play. WL

OTP I can get Triplicate Titan at the end of your second turn to avoid it being hit by Brutal Cathar, and if you play either Brutal Cathar on Goblin Welder or try to Vedalken Plotter my land I can use Welder in response. OTD you can take my land with Vedalken Plotter when I just have a 1/1, and then win with Brutal Cathar. WL

You can only play Brutal Cathar on turn 3 at the earliest. OTP I get Triplicate Titan on my second turn, then attack you to 11 on my third turn, holding up the Goblin Welder activation. Necrotic Sliver doesn't help you, if you try to target Triplicate Titan with Brutal Cathar I use Welder to kill it, and if you try to target Goblin Welder with Brutal Cathar I win too quickly for it to help. OTD I hold the Goblin Welder activation until the end of your third turn, so you either have to play Necrotic Sliver or use Brutal Cathar targeting Goblin Welder. If you play Necrotic Sliver, I attack you to 11 on my next turn. On your next turn if you try to use Cathar on Triplicate Titan I sacrifice it with Goblin Welder and Weld it back into play on my next turn, and you are too slow to kill everything. If you use Necrotic Sliver on my Goblin Welder on your turn 4 instead I sacrifice the Triplicate Titan to get the 3/3s. On my next turn I attack you to 2, after which you lose. If on your turn 3 you instead play Brutal Cathar targeting my Goblin Welder, I attack you to 11 on my next turn. You then play your Necrotic Sliver, then I attack you to 2. You can then kill the Triplicate Titan with the Necrotic Sliver, but I then win with the flying 3/3. WW

Same as GolbinSmashmaster. LL

OTP you can't disrupt my combo, and while you can tap my Triplicate Titan down it costs you 1 life each turn, so you lose. If you try to play the Bloodhall Ooze first, you take 9 damage and let me get 3 3/3s, which means I still win. OTD trying to stop my combo with Deathrite Shaman won't let you win, since then I win with Insolent Neonate while you hold up mana for Deathrite Shaman. I think this still ends up in the same situation as OTP so I win. WW

Fanatical Firebrand leaves me with a 1/1 with menace. LL

Turn 1 Brain Maggot always takes a part of my combo. LL

8W 0D 12L = 24
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 01-16-2022 at 01:44 PM.

1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads LL
    2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau WL
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk LL
    4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse WD - Hilarious that Deathrite Shaman actually did something other than enable Ooze to grow.
    5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar DD - We stare.
    6. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Brutal Cathar LL
    7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk LL
    9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan WL
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier LL
    11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare WL

4w3d = 15 points

Playing two 1/1s may not have been a good idea.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 01-15-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau WD - I should barely survive on the draw thanks to the power of blocking.
    I don’t see how this works since you need to keep both DRS and ooze alive till your 3rd upkeep, which is after I threaten leathal.

T1 dump hand 16, DRS 15
    T2 attack with vine & wall, no blocks 8 ooze 7
    T3 attack with vine and walla, you have to trade with walla to survive, leaving you with no 3/3.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post

Should have specified this in my post. If opponent does nothing, I play out my lands and eventually get to cast Cathar "Turn 1 OTP" (opponent has 0 permanents in play).

T1 Brutal Cathar / land + 1 drop
    T2 Vedalken Plotter, steal land & give opponent colorless Tendo Ice Bridge

That leaves me with a 3/3 first strike + 1/1 vs opponent's 1 drop. That's basically always a win for me.
    3/3 first strike + 1/1 races regular 3/3 Old-Growth Dryads
    3/3 first strike + 1/1 beats Mogg Fanatic effects
    3/3 first strike + 1/1 races suspend Keldon Halberdier (I get in a bunch of damage before it resolves, then 3/3 attacks into 4/1 from much higher life so they have to trade, then 1/1 wins)
    3/3 first strike + 1/1 races Student of Warfare without level mana

The 1 case I hadn't thought of is Hexdrinker. It can level up with my colorless mana. Hexdrinker could eventually go ultimate and win, so vs Hexdrinker I have to do nothing to hold back Cathar.

DD vs Asthereal. The rest are still wins for me.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    See above.

If you do nothing:
    I play Cathar first.
    You play any 1 creature (1/1 or 1/2).
    I play Plotter, stealing your land and giving you colorless Tendo Ice Bridge with 0 counters.
    My 3/3 first strike + 1/1 races your 1-drop.

If you play a land but no creature:
    I play Plotter first and steal your land. Win.

If you play out your creatures, the best you can do (on your play) is to make Ooze + DRS.
    I play Plotter first, stealing your land (preventing 3rd creature or activated abilities)
    Then I play Cathar exiling Ooze.
    3/3 first strike + 1/1 beats your 1/2

WW for me?

Thread Information