Page 291 of 291 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291
Results 5,801 to 5,816 of 5816

Thread: 4 Card Blind

  1. #5801
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    3,624

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier

    5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar
    Can't beat this at all. 0-6 I do nothing at all until you play a creature. You never do because giving up either ETB trigger kneecaps your ability to beat me. 2-2
    If you do nothing:
    2/2 Cathar / Land + suspend Keldon (4 counters)
    Cathar transforms. Plotter steals your land. 3/3 first strike attacks / 3 counters [M=17]
    attack for 4 / 2 counters [M=13]
    attack for 4 / 1 counter [M=9]
    attack for 4 / Keldon resolves but can't race [M=5]
    attack with 3/3 first strike, trades with 4/1 first strike
    Then my 1/1 wins
    WW

    Your other line is to play out creatures. On your play:
    suspend Keldon (4 counters) / tapped Farm
    3 counters, Student / Plotter, stealing your land
    2 counters / wait
    1 counter / wait
    Keldon resolves / Cathar exiles Keldon

    I can hold Cathar till Keldon resolves, exile it and win. 1/1 Plotter will trade with your creature (either 1/1 Student or Firebrand).

    WW for me?

  2. #5802

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I donít see how this works since you need to keep both DRS and ooze alive till your 3rd upkeep, which is after I threaten leathal.

    T1 dump hand 16, DRS 15
    T2 attack with vine & wall, no blocks 8 ooze 7
    T3 attack with vine and walla, you have to trade with walla to survive, leaving you with no 3/3.
    My math was off, you do indeed beat me.

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    See above.

    If you do nothing:
    I play Cathar first.
    You play any 1 creature (1/1 or 1/2).
    I play Plotter, stealing your land and giving you colorless Tendo Ice Bridge with 0 counters.
    My 3/3 first strike + 1/1 races your 1-drop.
    Deathrite Shaman can cast Bloodhall Ooze via exiling your depleted Remote Farm and I would win that race, so we still stare.

  3. #5803

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    If you do nothing:
    2/2 Cathar / Land + suspend Keldon (4 counters)
    Cathar transforms. Plotter steals your land. 3/3 first strike attacks / 3 counters [M=17]
    attack for 4 / 2 counters [M=13]
    attack for 4 / 1 counter [M=9]
    attack for 4 / Keldon resolves but can't race [M=5]
    attack with 3/3 first strike, trades with 4/1 first strike
    Then my 1/1 wins
    WW

    Your other line is to play out creatures. On your play:
    suspend Keldon (4 counters) / tapped Farm
    3 counters, Student / Plotter, stealing your land
    2 counters / wait
    1 counter / wait
    Keldon resolves / Cathar exiles Keldon

    I can hold Cathar till Keldon resolves, exile it and win. 1/1 Plotter will trade with your creature (either 1/1 Student or Firebrand).

    WW for me?
    Youíre right. I missed the 1/1 staying back and forcing me to trade Keldon for flipped Cathar. Will update soon

  4. #5804

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    I was about to submit my deck when I realised cabal therapist was banned (was a reason no one was playing such a strong card...). So I took welder combo.

    1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads
    0-6. frostling.

    2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau
    6-0.
    6

    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    That's me, smashing with goblins!
    3-3
    9

    4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse
    3-3. OTP, I kill you with a 1/1 gob. OTD, you kill me with a 1/1 pirate.
    12

    5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar
    3-3.
    15

    6. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Brutal Cathar
    0-6
    15

    7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    That's me again??

    8. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Thornscape Apprentice, Bloodhall Ooze, Deathrite Shaman
    6-0. I first thought it was the pinger apprentice.
    21

    9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan
    6-0. PJim made the detailed analysis last week.
    27

    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier
    0-6, fanatical

    11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare
    0-6, brain maggot.
    27
    Last edited by dte; 01-16-2022 at 11:40 AM.

  5. #5805
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,261

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I was about to submit my deck when I realised cabal therapist was banned (was a reason no one was playing such a strong card...). So I took welder combo, which seemed the highest raw power with T1 Grist.

    4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse
    3-3. OTP, I kill you with a 1/1 gob. OTD, you kill me with a 1/1 pirate.
    12

    7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    That's me again
    EDIT: Nope, what I had in mind doesn't work.

    So alpha's analysis is correct: with you OTP Cutpurse stays on the battlefield to trade with your 1/1, right?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  6. #5806
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,261

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Assuming my analysis of the disputed results is correct, and assuming everybody has their results against gobbo and silk correct, and assuming I calculated their head-to-head correctly...
    That's a lot of assuming, which is bad, according to a famous Sourcer. But anyway, here's preliminary standings for round 9:

    1. Asthereal (TO): 46 - 4,6
    2. FTW: 44 - 4,4
    3. PJim: 42 - 4,2
    4. maxx!: 41 - 4,1
    5. silkster: 33 - 3,3
    6. dte: 27 - 2,7
    6. RoosterCocoa: 27 - 2,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 22 - 2,2
    10. Reeplcheep: 18 - 1,8
    10. alphastryk: 18 - 1,8
    11. Wrath of Pie: 13 - 1,3

    Which would lead to these bannings:
    Brutal Cathar
    Copperline Gorge
    Frostling
    Hexdrinker
    Necrotic Sliver
    Old-Growth Dryads
    Orzhov Basilica
    Remote Farm
    Tendo Ice Bridge
    Vedalken Plotter
    Volrath's Stronghold

    And these standings in the season:
    1. PJim: 35,7
    2. dte: 33
    3. silkster: 32
    4. Asthereal (TO): 27,6
    5. RoosterCocoa: 24,4
    6. FTW: 23,4
    7. maxx!: 22,6
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 21,9
    9. Reeplcheep: 21,8
    10. Wrath of Pie: 21,7
    11. alphastryk: 20

    So PJim again runs away from the pack a bit. Other remarkable thing is maxx! storming up the chart.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  7. #5807
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,261

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    I'm locking in the above bannings, as I expect tomorrow to be a rather busy day, and I want to open the next round. So here we go.


    ROUND 10 OF SEASON 11: LEGACY CREATURES & LANDS BANNATHON has started.

    I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 10, so you can start sending me your decks.

    DEADLINE: Wednesday the 19th of January at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

    PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S11R10 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

    After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

    Happy deckbuilding!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  8. #5808

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    EDIT: Nope, what I had in mind doesn't work.

    So alpha's analysis is correct: with you OTP Cutpurse stays on the battlefield to trade with your 1/1, right?
    No, if he plays a 1/1, I pay the tax. Then I can play my combo and win. If he plays the second pirate, I sac welder after reanimating gearhulk.
    So 3-3 I think.

    I think gob probably scored 27 too :)
    3-3 vs the pirates, and 6-0 vs triplicate Welder (gearhulk wins the mirror)

    Also WoP should 2-2 FTW? His analysis to keep everything, then play DRS if cathar is played makes sense.
    Last edited by dte; 01-16-2022 at 04:30 PM.

  9. #5809
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    3,624

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Assuming my analysis of the disputed results is correct, and assuming everybody has their results against gobbo and silk correct, and assuming I calculated their head-to-head correctly...
    That's a lot of assuming, which is bad, according to a famous Sourcer. But anyway, here's preliminary standings for round 9:

    1. Asthereal (TO): 46 - 4,6
    2. FTW: 44 - 4,4
    3. PJim: 42 - 4,2
    4. maxx!: 41 - 4,1
    5. silkster: 33 - 3,3
    6. dte: 27 - 2,7
    6. RoosterCocoa: 27 - 2,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 22 - 2,2
    10. Reeplcheep: 18 - 1,8
    10. alphastryk: 18 - 1,8
    11. Wrath of Pie: 13 - 1,3

    Which would lead to these bannings:
    Brutal Cathar
    Copperline Gorge
    Frostling
    Hexdrinker
    Necrotic Sliver
    Old-Growth Dryads
    Orzhov Basilica
    Remote Farm
    Tendo Ice Bridge
    Vedalken Plotter
    Volrath's Stronghold
    How can dte and GoblinSmashmaster have different scores when they have identical decks? There must be an error. Although their deck did not get banned either way, it indicates someone gained extra points vs GoblinSmashmaster, and that could effect the bannings and standings.

    Also, I agree with dte: I should draw vs WoP. I missed the line where DRS could make red mana for Ooze using my Remote Farm.
    DD 2-2
    That could mean my deck dodges the ban.

    dte/Goblinsmashmaster vs Rooster should be WW for Noxious Gearhulk. This already came up a previous round. Gearhulk breaks the mirror.
    OTD Gearhulk kills opponent's Welder first (make Titan in response), then kills Triplicate Titan (+9 life) early enough to stay alive, and then slowly removes all the tokens.

  10. #5810
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,261

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    How can dte and GoblinSmashmaster have different scores when they have identical decks? There must be an error. Although their deck did not get banned either way, it indicates someone gained extra points vs GoblinSmashmaster, and that could effect the bannings and standings.
    I found the discrepancies and solved them. They now have the same amount of points.

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Also, I agree with dte: I should draw vs WoP. I missed the line where DRS could make red mana for Ooze using my Remote Farm.
    DD 2-2
    That could mean my deck dodges the ban.
    I put this in the doc as well, but I won't switch bannings anymore. The round has been opened and I don't have much time today.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  11. #5811

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Sorry, late correction

    Reeplcheep vs maxx

    Drop Everything, 20-16 | Firebrand
    Block VV, kill Rootwalla, 20-15 | Student
    20-10 | Level 1
    20-5 | Level 2

    Now Reeplcheep can't profitably attack, and there's plenty of time for Halberdier to land, which can attack freely.

    Should be 6-0 to maxx.

  12. #5812

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Sorry, late correction

    Reeplcheep vs maxx

    Drop Everything, 20-16 | Firebrand
    Block VV, kill Rootwalla, 20-15 | Student
    20-10 | Level 1
    20-5 | Level 2

    Now Reeplcheep can't profitably attack, and there's plenty of time for Halberdier to land, which can attack freely.

    Should be 6-0 to maxx.
    So between the FTW/WoP correction and this one, Maxx! deck is legal for next round but will automatically get banned afterwards, is that correctly understood?

  13. #5813
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,261

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    So between the FTW/WoP correction and this one, Maxx! deck is legal for next round but will automatically get banned afterwards, is that correctly understood?
    I locked in the bannings because yesterday and today I have no time to make adjustments and I don't want to delay a week.
    So the bannings as added to the banned list in the doc and the second post are final, regardless of changes in the results.
    (Of course the results will be entered in the doc so they count for the season standings.)

    The chances of maxx!'s deck getting banned next round are of course quite big, but the meta shift makes it uncertain.
    I don't think I should ban it after next round just because it should have been banned this round.
    That means I should also unban a deck, which turns the whole thing upside down.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  14. #5814

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I locked in the bannings because yesterday and today I have no time to make adjustments and I don't want to delay a week.
    So the bannings as added to the banned list in the doc and the second post are final, regardless of changes in the results.
    (Of course the results will be entered in the doc so they count for the season standings.)

    The chances of maxx!'s deck getting banned next round are of course quite big, but the meta shift makes it uncertain.
    I don't think I should ban it after next round just because it should have been banned this round.
    That means I should also unban a deck, which turns the whole thing upside down.
    Good that I asked, I thought that these bannings would be effective for the current round (round 10), but that afterwards we would play with maxx's deck banned, and FTW's deck unbanned instead.
    I understand that it would be logistically tough,while not helping much (after all the two decks were close and so almost as banworthy).
    So I'll never get to play with remote farm :/

  15. #5815

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Some cool decks this week. Necrotic Sliver was not on my radar at all. I've considered some lists with Brutal Cathar, but it never felt great. It's interesting that it came out of nowhere and got banned in two different strategies.

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Good that I asked, I thought that these bannings would be effective for the current round (round 10), but that afterwards we would play with maxx's deck banned, and FTW's deck unbanned instead.
    I understand that it would be logistically tough,while not helping much (after all the two decks were close and so almost as banworthy).
    So I'll never get to play with remote farm :/
    I know how you feel. I have so many Volrath's Stronghold lists, but I didn't think they were good enough yet.

    Last weekend was the MIT Mystery Hunt. One of the puzzles was Magic related. https://www.bookspace.world/puzzle/something-command/
    I get the final answer, you need some specific puzzle related knowledge, but the scenarios are solvable and might be of interest to people here.

  16. #5816
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,261

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Deadline has passed, and it looks like I'm missing just FTW.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff and eat lunch.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)