Page 232 of 332 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Last edited by jhhdk; 05-20-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Re: 4 Card Blind

Me: silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood

1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Invigorate WD
    Well, I was expecting one Glistener Elf... On the play, RB->IB->CF is fast enough. On the draw, that plan is 1 turn too slow. But I can lead on Footfalls, IB one elf, and get my rhinos down after taking 4 hits. At that point, you can't push enough damage in without dying on the crack back.

2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth LL
    I was down on this match because I don't win in "The Long Haul", but I can clear your resources and make 8 trampling power on turn 7 and I get 3 free attacks while you draw your cards back in the wrong order ending with a tapland.

3. PJim: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Geth's Verdict, Gather the Townsfolk edit: WW
    You get either 6 or 7 turns and you deal 0+0+1+3+5+7+9 on those turns, which means play/draw is the breaker.
    Edit: Gather is a sorcery. You know, when read this deck, I was like "Geth's Verdict is a sorcery that costs BW. How are you going to cast it?" And I was so confused but by the time I figured it out, I just missed the Townsfolk part.

4. alphastryk: Forest, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Berserk WW
    I appreciate that Berserk has a shot at making it under a bridge, while Scale Up does not.

5. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs LL
    I considered this, and it seems like it would have been a much better choice.

6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss LL
    7. H: Cavern of Souls, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf WL
    You have exactsies on the play.

8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus DD
    10. Reeplcheep: Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Beserk, ForestWW
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the WarrensLL
    Somehow, I did not see this coming.

12. dte: Lotus petal, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Empty the warrens LL
    13. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit WW
    14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict LL
    It's like this was specifically designed to beat me.

15. maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict WW

12W, 3D, 13L for 39 points.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    @silkster: This is the Pox deck I was looking for, with a proactive threat that tramples through a blocker but also an answer to T1 Elf. Well done.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think our strategy was great here. I think Bridge is where I wanted to be. I was worried about T1 Elf, and I briefly considered playing two Glistener Elves, but somehow I didn't consider that other people might as well. I didn't play Bridge cause I thought Infect would be the fast version.

My gauntlet featured a bunch of other perennial decks that would have done better than this one. I was originally against the bannathon aspect of this season, but I'm glad to see stuff like Bridge go.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    4. alphastryk: Forest, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Berserk
    This is me, on fast poison.

5. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    I cannot default the Bridge. LL
    OTP you should go T2 win?
    Should be WL.
    Funny, cause I thought Berserk over Scale Up was a careful choice.
    Last edited by silkster; 05-20-2021 at 08:48 AM.

5. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs

1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Invigorate WW
    2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth WD
    3. PJim: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Geth's Verdict, Gather the Townsfolk WL
    4. alphastryk: Forest, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Berserk WL - Infect is good.
    6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss DL
    7. H: Cavern of Souls, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf WW
    8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus LL - Too bad Tabernacle is a blank this round.
    9. silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood WW
    10. Reeplcheep: Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Beserk, Forest WL
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens WW
    12. dte: Lotus petal, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Empty the warrens WW
    13. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit DL
    14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict WL
    15. maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict WW

17w3d = 54 points

I spent way too long trying to break Magus of the Tabernacle (which wasn't updated like Tabernacle was to capture original intent, fun fact!), then I realized that Ensnaring Bridge was just way better. (Also banning it round 1 is definite upside.)

My mental metagame for the next round is hilarious, but I won't say much more because I don't want to ruin it.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 05-23-2021 at 08:36 AM.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    Plz check my analysis.
    When i'm OTP, I can imprit wail and counter pox whenever you cast it and make more 1/1 than you because you will allways get peat bog last. WL.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict LL
    It's like this was specifically designed to beat me.
    :
    I had Pox/small pox in mind but yeah this wrecks you. I really thought we woukld see a little bit more of crashing footfalls.

6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss

1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Invigorate
    2glistener is one too much for me :)
    LL 0 pts

2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    Magus of the moon does everything
    WW 6pts-> 6pts

3. PJim: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Geth's Verdict, Gather the Townsfolk
    Magus of the moon does everything
    WW 6pts-> 12pts

OTD I have to chump with warboss and loose
    OTP I play war boss attack you for 1 with the token you go to 19
    At your turn you play glistener and pass

at my t2 I attack with warboss and the new token leaving back the previous token.
    You have to chump and invigorate to kill warboss you take 2 from the 2/2 tokenyou go to 17

Now if you attack I have not to block anymore and I can race you with my 1/1 and 2/2 so you rest in block and so do I

LD 1 pt -> 13 pts

Magus does everything
    WD 4 pts -> 17 pts

7. H: Cavern of Souls, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf
    OTP magus avoid any glistener to enter the battlefield
    OTD i cqnnot do anything
    WL 3 pts -> 20 pts

8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus
    WW 6pts -> 26 pts

9. silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood WW
    OTP magus avoid you to play any spell
    OTD warbos is quick enough to finish you beofre balance resolves
    WW 6pts -> 32 pts

10. Reeplcheep: Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Beserk, Forest
    OTD I have to chump with warboss and loose
    OTP I play war boss attack you for 1 with the token you go to 19
    At your turn you play glistener and pass

at my t2 I attack with warboss and the new token leaving back the previous token.
    You have to chump and invigorate to kill warboss you take 2 from the 2/2 tokenyou go to 17

Now if you attack I have not to block anymore and I can race you with my 1/1 and 2/2 so you rest in block and so do I

LD 1 pt -> 33 pts

11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    LL 0pts

12. dte: Lotus petal, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Empty the warrens
    LL 0pts

13. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit
    OTP Warboss does the job pow will take only the created token
    OTD you stole 2 cards from my hand and I cannot do anything
    WL 3 pts -> 36

14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict
    Either magus or waerboss would do the job here
    WW 6 pts -> 42 pts

15. maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict
    Warboss is enough to eat you alive

WW 6 pts -> 48 pts

Not too bad for this recyced deck

EDIT: with the draw vs infect
    Last edited by Serguei; 05-20-2021 at 05:49 AM.

2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth WW
    I was down on this match because I don't win in "The Long Haul", but I can clear your resources and make 8 trampling power on turn 7 and I get 3 free attacks while you draw your cards back in the wrong order ending with a tapland.
    Not entirely sure about this MU anymore.

OTP:
    J: Peat Bog
    S: Gemstone mine, Suspend crashing footfalls (4)
    J: Smallpox
    S: crashing footfalls (3)
    J: Draw Kozi
    S: crashing footfalls (2)
    J: Draw Smallpox
    S: crashing footfalls (1)
    J: Draw Peatbog, Play peatbog
    S: crashing footfalls (0), 2 x 4/4
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 16/20
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 12/20
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 8/20
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 4/20
    I win from here.
    Not sure what happens OTP, I think you just win race. Restore balance is sort of irrelevant since you will not be allowed to stack triggers to your advantage since smallpox takes your land if you try.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    Not entirely sure about this MU anymore.

OTP:
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 16/20
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 12/20
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 8/20
    S: Attack 1 x 4/4 4/20
    I win from here.
    Not sure what happens OTP, I think you just win race. Restore balance is sort of irrelevant since you will not be allowed to stack triggers to your advantage since smallpox takes your land if you try.
    You also win OTD, as you smallpox the turn after the rhinos get there both OTP and OTD.

j OTD:
    J: Call the bloodline
    J: wait
    J: wait
    J: Smallpox (19/19), shuffle top Kozi, smallpox, bottom Peat Bog
    S: attack 19/15
    S: attack 19/11
    S: attack 19/7
    S: attack 19/3
    J: Smallpox 18/2
    Win from there. Silkster cannot wait it out, as if he does not play anything and wait for you to lose peatbog to play a token, the token/shuffle of only 2 cards will make smallpox online before footfalls can resolve.

Silkster also cannot play restore balance first:
    S: balance (6)
    J: Peatbog
    S: balance (5) --> cannot play footfalls or would have to sac the rhinos, and next turn gemstone would be lost to smallpox.

if he does not play anything and wait for you to lose peatbog to play a token, the token/shuffle of only 2 cards will make smallpox online before footfalls can resolve.
    I had forgotten about the LD of Small Pox since I don't care about the discard. Then had hope that I there was a window. but the instant-speed aspect of Call is the clincher. Wrong "Activate this ability only..." sentence.

Sep 2011

A couple results need verifying.

silkster vs Asthereal
    silk has WD / Asthereal has LL

Me: silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood

1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Invigorate WD
    Well, I was expecting one Glistener Elf... On the play, RB->IB->CF is fast enough. On the draw, that plan is 1 turn too slow. But I can lead on Footfalls, IB one elf, and get my rhinos down after taking 4 hits. At that point, you can't push enough damage in without dying on the crack back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    9. silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood
    I don't get to keep cards. 0-6

jhhdk vs Tylert
    jhhdk has WW / Tylert has WL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    2. jhhdk: OTP, I can play scepter on warp wail to counter pox and/or make a 1/1 at the end of each turn. I'll be able to make more tokens than you. If I play scepter, you use pox. If I hold warp wail, I can counter pox once and kill some 1/1 but pox will eventually come back to your hand. 3-3 --> 9
    I think Tylert is right here. WL
    OTP T1 Warping Wail on Scepter is online fast enough. It can either counter Smallpox, exile a 1/1 token, or create an EOT token, so it can negate whatever jhhdk chooses to do. jhhdk can only Smallpox every 4 turns or make 2 tokens every 4 turns (library order is always the worse possible with Bog at the bottom), so Tylert will have tempo to create extra tokens and win.
    OTD Smallpox kills the land before Scepter-Wail is online.

Sergeui vs alphastryk (and Reeplcheep)
    Sergeui has DL / alphastryk has WW

Resolved: Serguei is right

Wrath of Pie vs mattamort
    Wrath has WW / matt has WW

Resolved: mattamort is right

silkster vs mattamort
    silkster has DD / mattamort has LL

Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    0-6 You combo me
    I think mattamort is right. Tabernacle doesn't stop the Rhinos (indestructible).

Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    Wow, awkward first round.

I thought much more Bridge deck would be played. I initially submitted a bridge.dek with neonate before making the swap :). Brillant since Bridge was a good deck!
    Welcome to our group! I also expected more control like Bridge and Energy Field and played to beat it. Should have just played Bridge.
    Last edited by FTW; 05-20-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

OTP you should go T2 win?
    Should be WL.
    I assume alpha saw the Bridge comes down on T1 but missed that 1/1 Elf can still attack for 10 through Bridge while Tongs is in hand.
    Yep, that's it exactly! Forgot both my pump spells are instants so I can sneak under the bridge. Will update.

Sergeui vs alphastryk (and Reeplcheep)
    Sergeui has DL / alphastryk has WW
    Serguei has this one right, I missed that an old token doesn't have to attack. Will update.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Lets see how my zero effort poison deck does! (spoiler: not well, everyone thought of it).

More poison elves. LL

0-6

2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    OTP I kill you before Peat Bog untaps, OTD Smallpox means I can't win. WL

3-3

3. PJim: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Geth's Verdict, Gather the Townsfolk
    OTP I kill you before you can use Scepter to Verdict. OTD Verdict does it. WL

3-3

This is me, on fast poison.

I cannot default the Bridge. LL

0-6

6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss
    OTP, you're forced to play out a blocker to not die, but I can Invigorate to kill it leaving me with a threat.W
    OTD your best plan is to play Warboss precombat to make two creatures, but its not enough because Warboss has to block and it plays out the same since my creature wins in combat and never dies. W

6-0

7. H: Cavern of Souls, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf
    Even more poison elves. LL

0-6

8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus
    OTP: You play Neonate to block, I Invigorate to kill it. After that, you're able to leave up Inkmoth to force a draw (I win the race if we attack) D
    OTD: You play out Neonate turn 1, I play my Elf. You play Inkmoth and are able to be the first one to attack this time, which along with blocking with Neonate is enough to put you 2 turns ahead in the race. (Berserk would catch me up only 1 turn so its not enough. I also can't Berserk your Inkmoth to kill it due to the indestructible rule). L

1-4

Innocent Blood. LL

0-6

10. Reeplcheep: Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Beserk, Forest
    Same number of elves. Stare. DD

2-2

11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    Too many blockers. LL

0-6

12. dte: Lotus petal, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Empty the warrens
    Too many blockers. LL

0-6

13. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit
    I can hold my Elf to force a draw no matter who does first. DD

2-2

14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict
    OTP I'm too fast for Scepter-Verdict, and you can't just sit on Wail forever (Invigorate counters it if you try to kill with either mode). W
    OTD I can't beat Scepter-Verdict. L

3-3

15. maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict
    Innocent Blood. LL

0-6

20 points total. Ouch.
    Cntl c cntl v my old deck gets that much points.

Some disagreements.
    5. We kill t2 OTP. WL 3-3

8. You don’t need to use invigorate to kill the blocker. Use the -1/-1 counters to kill it so you can threaten invigorate face, forcing the inkmoth to block. DD 2-2.

24 points.

Wrath of Pie vs mattamort
    Wrath has WW / matt has WW
    mattamort is definitely right, life drain gets around Bridge nicely. (Too bad Tabernacle was a blank though.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

A couple results need verifying.

silkster vs Asthereal
    silk has WD / Asthereal has LL
    I saw this.
    I overlooked the fact that Restore Balance is quite slow and I might be able to race OTP, forcing silk to try for a draw by resolving Crash and ommitting Balance altogether.

I'll check the math soon.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

2. jhhdk: OTP, I can play scepter on warp wail to counter pox and/or make a 1/1 at the end of each turn. I'll be able to make more tokens than you. If I play scepter, you use pox. If I hold warp wail, I can counter pox once and kill some 1/1 but pox will eventually come back to your hand. 3-3 --> 9
    Yeah somehow missed the counter mode of Warping Wail. will update my scoring post.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

For next round, do we agree that a cost for an ability or a keyword can be paid with life too?
    For example:
    auriok transfixer's ability can be paid with life? or not?

don't steal auriok transfixer, i'm the one who discovered this card that is busted for this round!!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

For next round, do we agree that a cost for an ability or a keyword can be paid with life too?
    For example:

don't steal auriok transfixer, i'm the one who discovered this card that is busted for this round!!
    My understanding is that we can pay any cost's colored mana by using 2 life instead, no matter what type of cost that is - ability, mana cost etc.

So yes, you could pay that with 2 life.

Sep 2011

For example:

Pay 2 life, T: Tap target Chronomaton. I see your tech.

No, it's pay 2 life, T: Try to tap down Aether Vial and fail miserably.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

The cost of chronomaton's ability is colorless. So no it doesn't work :)

Sep 2011

The cost of chronomaton's ability is colorless. So no it doesn't work :)
    Exactly, the opponent cannot tap their Chronomaton to grow it but you can tap it so it can't attack.

Thread Information