Page 237 of 332 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Modern horizons 2, which releases on mtgo tomorrow.
    Ah sorry, no. Official release date is June 18th, so that's quite a way off.
    Every new set becomes legal in 4CB on the official release date, which is usually a week after prerelease.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

And we're complete at the deadline, so let's go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 3 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Mythic Mayhem: All cards in your deck must be Mythic Rare, and have only been printed as Mythic Rare. Note: basic lands are not legal. Zendikar Rising mythic modal lands take their place in the rulings for illegal cards. Zendikar Rising mythic modal lands are exempted from the bannathon before this round.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms
    2. dte: Hexdrinker, Wrenn and six, Turntimber Symbiosis, Shatterskull Smashing
    3. Wrath of Pie: Turntimber Symbiosis, Emeria's Call, Hexdrinker, Mikaeus, the Lunarch
    4. RoosterCocoa: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Valki, God of Lies
    5. H: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Scourge of the Skyclaves
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Emeria's Call, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker
    7. silkster: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran
    8. Serguei: Turntimber, Serpentine Wood; Hexdrinker; Scourge of the Skyclaves; Agadeem's Awakening
    9. Reeplcheep: Turntimber Symbiosis , Shatterskull Smashing, Hexdrinker , Wrenn and Six
    10. PJim: Mox Tantalite, Mox Tantalite, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Rankle, Master of Pranks
    11. alphastryk: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Wrenn and Six
    12. maxx!: Agadeem's Awakening, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves
    13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker
    14. mattamort: Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Agadeem, the Undercrypt, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood
    15. Tylert: Agadeem's awakening, Turntimber symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the skyclaves
    16. FTW: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Kargan Dragonlord, Subterranean Tremors

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

idem as Reeplcheep, alphastryk.

1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms
    6-0, W&6 wins the hexdrinker mirror.

3. Wrath of Pie: Turntimber Symbiosis, Emeria's Call, Hexdrinker, Mikaeus, the Lunarch
    6-0, W&6 wins the hexdrinker mirror.

4. RoosterCocoa: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Valki, God of Lies
    Looks like 3-3. OTD, I can only go up to 7 counters on drinker before you kill me.

5. H: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Scourge of the Skyclaves
    6-0. Looks like a deck that will get a lot of 0-6?

6. GoblinSmashmaster: Emeria's Call, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker
    6-0, W&6.

7. silkster: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran
    0-6. Nice deck! Should do crazy good in this meta...

8. Serguei: Turntimber, Serpentine Wood; Hexdrinker; Scourge of the Skyclaves; Agadeem's Awakening
    3-3. Hexdrinker loses the counter race OTD even worse than against Valki.

9. Reeplcheep: Turntimber Symbiosis , Shatterskull Smashing, Hexdrinker , Wrenn and Six
    3-3. I thought I would see more of these mirrors.

10. PJim: Mox Tantalite, Mox Tantalite, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Rankle, Master of Pranks
    0-6, very beautiful deck, well thought!

11. alphastryk: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Wrenn and Six
    3-3.

12. maxx!: Agadeem's Awakening, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves
    3-3

13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker
    6-0

14. mattamort: Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Agadeem, the Undercrypt, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood
    3-3

15. Tylert: Agadeem's awakening, Turntimber symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the skyclaves
    3-3

16. FTW: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Kargan Dragonlord, Subterranean Tremors
    0-6. Also a very nice deck

At least this round was easy to count. After having a glance at the cards, I thought there was nothing to think about, that it was a very small meta, and that the big decision was dragonlord or hexdrinker. I was very wrong and I expect the three very original decks (Silkster, PJim and FTW) to do very well!
    Big congrats to you three for finding decks that were both very originals and effective in the meta, from a very limited card pool. I thought this round was not very interesting, I stand corrected.

Sep 2011

My deck starts at 17 life and goes T2 Kargan T4 4/4 T6 8/8 flying T7 can pump to 10
    Tremors X=1 kills all X/1s

1. Asthereal (TO): Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan wins. WW 6-0
    2. dte: Almost played a different W6 deck until I found this. Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan beats past W6. WW 6-0
    3. Wrath of Pie: Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan races Mikaeus. (Edit: OTD I think dte is right, I have to trade and take the draw). WD 4-1
    4. RoosterCocoa: OTP I play my lands tapped. T2 Valki takes Kargan, but Tremors X=1 kills Valki to get Kargan back. Scourge is 0/0 while Kargan wins.
    OTD T2 Valki forces me to play the 2nd land untapped to Tremors it before you copy Kargan and attack. 3/3 Scourge attacks and grows to 6/6 before Kargan reaches 4/4, then kills me before Kargan reaches 8/8. WL 3-3
    5. H: I play tapped lands to make Scourge 0/0. WW 6-0
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Same as Wrath. WD 4-1
    7. silkster: This was the W6 deck I almost played. OTP I attack W6 as an 8/8 the turn before you kill me, forcing a chump. OTD you would kill me first, so I trade as a 4/4 and lose to W6. WL 3-3.
    8. Serguei: Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    9. Reeplcheep: Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan beats through W6. WW 6-0
    10. PJim: This is good tech around Scourge! I can't kill you before T5 Rankle, but the dragon can block you forever. DD 2-2
    11. alphastryk: Tremors kills Hexdriker. Kargan beats through W6. WW 6-0
    12. maxx!: Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    13. jhhdk: Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan wins. WW 6-0
    14. mattamort:Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    15. Tylert: Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6

52 points (16 wins, 4 draws, 10 loss)

My other decks were:
    Turntimber Symbiosis, Shatterskull Smashing, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran (same as silk... being able to crew on both attack & defense seemed big here)
    Mirrorpool, Sea Gate Restoration, Sea Gate Restoration, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer (2 4/4 flyings is pretty effective, beats Heart of Kiran, but this goes DL to Kargan)
    Mirrorpool, Emeria's Call, Emeria's Call, Transcendent Master (the lifelink is big in races and lifelink + indestructible eventually forces a draw vs Progenitus)

Edit: dte pointed out you can play the lands tapped to not lose 3 life. I forgot about that.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-03-2021 at 10:26 AM.

If I am copying DTE I can’t be too wrong.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

3. Wrath of Pie: Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan races Mikaeus (OTD if you curve T1 Hex into T2 Mikaeus that's even worse for you, so you have to waste a turn and cast Mikaeus after). WW 6-0
    ---
    5. H: I play 0 lands to make Scourge 0/0. DD 2-2
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Same as Wrath. WW 6-0
    Vs H, play your lands tapped to win 6-0 ;)

Vs WoP and Gob, shouldn't it be 4-1 if they play Mikaeus first OTP?
    T1 land
    land
    T2 Mika (17)
    terror (17)
    T3 Hex 1
    Kargan
    Hex 3, attack --> block is draw, otherwise 15
    Kargan 2, attack (15)
    Hex 5, 11
    K 4, 11
    Hex 7, 5
    K 6, 7

--> so WD?

Would not change your total though..

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post

If I am copying DTE I can’t be too wrong.
    That's exactly how I felt!

I missed Heart of Kiran, but otherwise these decks look a lot like the ones I had on my list. Its a relatively small cardpool which made the metagame analysis easier I think.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Vs H, play your lands tapped to win 6-0 ;)
    Hmm I missed that as a viable option. That helps a lot in other matchups. I thought I started at 14 life. I actually start at 17 life (T1 tapped land) and can choose to start at 20 by skipping turn 2.

Vs WoP and Gob, shouldn't it be 4-1 if they play Mikaeus first OTP?
    T1 land
    land
    T2 Mika (17)
    terror (17)
    T3 Hex 1
    Kargan
    Hex 3, attack --> block is draw, otherwise 15
    Kargan 2, attack (15)
    Hex 5, 11
    K 4, 11
    Hex 7, 5
    K 6, 7

--> so WD?
    I don't use Terror on Mikaeus, only on Hexdrinker if it is ever played. Kargan races Mikaeaus because Mikaeus cannot both grow and attack while Kargan can.

Feb 2014

I don't use Terror on Mikaeus, only on Hexdrinker if it is ever played. Kargan races Mikaeaus because Mikaeus cannot both grow and attack while Kargan can.
    T2 Mika (17)
    T2 Kargan (17)
    T3 pass (the Mikaeus player could also play hexdrinker here, but anyway (s)he cannot do better than draw).
    T3 2 counters, pass (if you attack it is a draw). M 2/2
    T4 Hexdrinker, 1 counter.
    T4 if you tremor, Hex becomes 3/2 and it is a draw:
    T5 drinker 3 counters, attack --> F14 (cannot block or it is a draw)
    T5 4 counters, attack (13)
    T6 5 counters, attack --> F9
    T6 6 counters, att --> 9
    T7 7 counters, F4
    T7 8 counters, 1 ---> you have to take the draw

If you put counters 3-4 on Kargan T4, Hex becomes 3/2.
    T5 drinker 3 counters, attack --> F14 (cannot block or Mika pump and it is a draw)
    T5 Kargan attack (13), 6 counters. Mika becomes 2/2.
    T6 drinker 5 counters, attack with both F7 --> Mikaeus wins the race?

Sep 2011

T2 Mika (17)
    T2 Kargan (17)
    T3 pass (the Mikaeus player could also play hexdrinker here, but anyway (s)he cannot do better than draw).
    T3 2 counters, pass (if you attack it is a draw). M 2/2
    T4 Hexdrinker, 1 counter.
    T4 if you tremor, Hex becomes 3/2 and it is a draw:
    T5 drinker 3 counters, attack --> F14 (cannot block or it is a draw)
    T5 4 counters, attack (13)
    T6 5 counters, attack --> F9
    T6 6 counters, att --> 9
    T7 7 counters, F4
    T7 8 counters, 1 ---> you have to take the draw

If you put counters 3-4 on Kargan T4, Hex becomes 3/2.
    T5 drinker 3 counters, attack --> F14 (cannot block or Mika pump and it is a draw)
    T5 Kargan attack (13), 6 counters. Mika becomes 2/2.
    T6 drinker 5 counters, attack with both F7 --> Mikaeus wins the race?
    I keep thinking we start at 14, when they can start at 17 on this line. That forces me to make more attacks.

Still, if I can get opponent to 10 life or less, Kargan can play defense and then eventually 1-hit kill as a 10/8 flying dragon.
    If they play Hexdrinker slow to dodge Tremors, that gives Kargan time to get there.

T2 Mika / Kargan [17 v 17]
    T3 pass / T3 Level 2 pass (EOT 2/2 Mika)
    T4 Hex Level 1, Make 3/2 to protect from Tremors. Mika back to 1/1. / T4 Level 4 4/4 flying & attack [13 v 17]
    T5 Hex Level 3 5/5 attacks, Mika 2/2 / T4 Level 6 attack [9 v 12]
    T6 Hex Level 5, both attack for 7 / T5 8/8 flying. Hold back [9 v 5]
    T7 Hex Level 7. Hex & Mika can't attack profitably into 8/8 dragon. Pass / T6 Attack for 10 with firebreathing.
    Win?

[QUOTE=Asthereal;1094488]

1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms WW
    2. dte: Hexdrinker, Wrenn and six, Turntimber Symbiosis, Shatterskull Smashing LL
    4. RoosterCocoa: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Valki, God of Lies WL - FTW explained it.
    5. H: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Scourge of the Skyclaves WW - Pretty sure you get the LL sweep because you can never actually win.
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Emeria's Call, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker WL
    7. silkster: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran LL
    8. Serguei: Turntimber, Serpentine Wood; Hexdrinker; Scourge of the Skyclaves; Agadeem's Awakening LL
    9. Reeplcheep: Turntimber Symbiosis , Shatterskull Smashing, Hexdrinker , Wrenn and Six LL
    10. PJim: Mox Tantalite, Mox Tantalite, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Rankle, Master of Pranks DD?
    11. alphastryk: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Wrenn and Six LL
    12. maxx!: Agadeem's Awakening, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves LL
    13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker WW
    14. mattamort: Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Agadeem, the Undercrypt, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood LL
    15. Tylert: Agadeem's awakening, Turntimber symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the skyclaves LL
    16. FTW: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Kargan Dragonlord, Subterranean Tremors DL

8w3d = 27 points

Upgraded Chronomaton cannot compete in this round, it turns out.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 06-06-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Feb 2014

If I can get opponent to 10 life or less, Kargan can play defense and then 1-hit kill as a 10/8 flying dragon.
    If they play Hexdrinker slow to dodge Tremors, that gives Kargan enough time to get there.

T3 pass / T3 Level 2 pass (EOT 2/2 Mika)
    T4 Hex Level 1, Make 3/2 to protect from Tremors / T4 Level 4 4/4 flying & attack [13 v 17]
    T5 Hex Level 3 5/5 attacks, Mika 2/2 / T4 Level 6 attack [9 v 12]
    T6 Hex Level 5, both attack for 7 / T5 8/8 flying. Hold back [9 v 5]
    T7 Hex Level 7. 5/5 Hex & Mika can't attack profitably into 8/8 dragon. Pass / T6 Attack for 10 with firebreathing.
    Win?
    You missed that Hexdrinker can be played T3, it does not have to be pass:

T3 Hexdrinker 1 / Kargan 2 and Mika 2/2 or Tremor (below)
    T4 Hexdrinker 3, Mika grows it, attack [17 v 14] / Kargan 4 [13 v 14]
    T5 Hex 5, Mika 2/2, 13 vs 9 / Kargan 6. If attack, goes to 9, miss 2 attacks, so it loses the race. If it does not attack, Hexdrinker can still attack for free next turn.

T3 Hexdrinker 1 / Tremor, Mikaeus boost Hex.
    T4 Hex 3, attack (F14) / Kargan 2 (15)
    Hex 5 (F9), K 4 (11)
    Hex 7 (F4) ---> not so good.

Here is the analysis. We realize that OTP Hexdrinker was enabling T2 scourge no matter what (Either you play your land tapped, or you play your own hexdrinker). We are still unable to build a deck that beats our OTP.

WW, Sword is too slow compare to scourge.
    OTD, If you try to go through tapped land turn1 to shut scourge and try to trade Hexdrinker resulting in a draw, we dont attack and level up and scourge will be able to do his dirty work.

WL
    OTD, Taking no damage give you the win since we cant force you to take damage via creature and Wrenn prevents Hex to become a 4/4.

WW, Too slow again
    OTD
    T1 Tapped
    T2 Hex 17-20
    T3 Hex 17-20
    T4 levelup 2 14-20
    T5 level up loose so mikaeus
    T6 level up 4/4 attack 14-16
    T7 level up level 2 if you attack it will grow scourge next turn so dont think it is a good idea 14-16
    T8 Attack 14-12 and play scourge 6/6 and we win from there

WL
    OTP, Valki is just a 2/1, Hexdrinker wins since I can play my two threats
    OTD, Did not find drawing line yet but needs to confirm

WW, I am not alone anymore in this season. Hint : Remember tabernacle in indestructible round :D

WW
    See Wrath of Pie
    WL
    An other deck I plan to submit but losing to some deck I had in mind that did not get submitted in the hand, Good job

WL
    Mirror

WL
    See dte

WW
    A Sweet one, I found it late, but was losing to what we submitted and there were no 4 drop to beat it unfortuantely

WL
    See dte

WL
    Mirror

WW
    See Asthereal

WL
    Mirror

WW
    Too Slow, scourge lands at least as a 2/2 and will grow making it unblockable by khargan

22W-8L if I am not mistaken. Heart + wrenn was straight losing to some deck I had in mind while Hex + Scourge was almost guaranteed to win OTP. I took the safer choice but congrats for this submission silkster

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

we basically had 3 top decks (to be completed with the corresponding lands), because all others were really bad compared to this.

hexdrinker, scourge of skyclave
    heart of kiran, wrenn and six
    kargan dragonlord, Kargan dragonlord

Hex + scourge and Heart + wrenn and six had the same results and were a little bit better than double kargan dragonlord.
    The result was dependant on the meta, and the meta favored hearth of kiran :(

Not a really funny round. But i'm responsible because if I remember well I'm the one that submitted the idea. We probably should have allowed all mythic rares printed (even if they were printed in other rarities). yes there was fast mana, but mythics tend to be more expensive and it would have allowed more diversity in the format I guess.

A ban of hexdrinker could also have been an option. Kiran would have been weak to Kinnan.dek and dragonlord * 2, so it would have been kept in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    we basically had 3 top decks (to be completed with the corresponding lands), because all others were really bad compared to this.

hexdrinker, scourge of skyclave
    heart of kiran, wrenn and six
    kargan dragonlord, Kargan dragonlord

Hex + scourge and Heart + wrenn and six had the same results and were a little bit better than double kargan dragonlord.
    The result was dependant on the meta, and the meta favored hearth of kiran :(
    I came to the same conclusion with the same top 3 decks. W6 + Heart was a flashier deck, but it felt easier to beat if you target it. Hexdrinker + Scourge basically always enabled Scourge, and was really hard to race (and removal in this round is awful). I also expected triple Hexdrinker, and maybe some 3-drop decks with planeswalkers. I totally missed Sword of the Realms because after looking at the lands and moxen, I started restricting my search to "cmc<4" in scryfall, and Halvar, God of Battle doesn't show up in that search, haha.

If mattamort's results are right (22W8L) then same for me, 66 points.

edit: I almost sent in Warden of the First Tree over Hexdrinker, which seems like it could've turned WL into WW against Hex+W6. Hexdrinker felt safer against random unknown stuff though. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Not a really funny round. But i'm responsible because if I remember well I'm the one that submitted the idea. We probably should have allowed all mythic rares printed (even if they were printed in other rarities). yes there was fast mana, but mythics tend to be more expensive and it would have allowed more diversity in the format I guess.
    You could have even submitted Aether Vial tech!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    A ban of hexdrinker could also have been an option. Kiran would have been weak to Kinnan.dek and dragonlord * 2, so it would have been kept in check.
    Hexdrinker seemed easy enough to stop, but I underestimated how good it was at enabling Scourge. Without Scourge I think Hexdrinker was very beatable, so much so that I didn't even consider playing it. But the cards that beat Hexdrinker are not good vs Scourge.

Overall this round was more creative and diverse than I expected for such a small card pool!

OTP I can attack with Scourge before Hexdrinker is level 3, so if I put both of my lands into play untapped it becomes a 6/6. If you spend turn 2 playing the sword, then the extra damage from putting the land into play untapped means that I win before you can get Hexdrinker to level 3 and equip the sword. If you don't then Valki takes it and I win the race before you reach level 8. OTD you can put your second land into play tapped and still get Hexdrinker to level 3 before Scourge can attack. Scourge is a 3/3, so I play Valki to take your Sword and wait. I lose if you wait until Hexdrinker reaches level 8 before attacking. I'm not that certain about either of these, to be honest. tentatively WL

OTP I can attack with Scourge before Hexdrinker is level 3, so if I put both of my lands into play untapped it becomes a 6/6. If you focus on leveling up Hexdrinker with your turn 2 land tapped, Scourge wins before you get to level 8. If you do the same but with your turn 2 land untapped for an extra level, Scourge wins a turn faster. If you play Wrenn and Six on turn 2, it can't do anything about Scourge so I still win. OTD you get Hexdrinker to level 3 before Scourge can attack you, so it doesn't since it is a 3/3. If I play Valki you kill it with Wrenn and Six, and then you easily win. WL

OTP I can attack with Scourge before Hexdrinker is level 3, so if I put both of my lands into play untapped it becomes a 6/6. If you focus on leveling up Hexdrinker with your turn 2 land tapped, Scourge wins before you get to level 8. If you do the same but with your turn 2 land untapped for an extra level, Scourge wins a turn faster. If you play Mikaeus on turn 2, you are at 14 and Scourge attacks as a 6/6, so after you are at 8 and I play Valki. Next turn you can get Hexdrinker to level 2 and Mikaeus to a 2/2, so if I attack with both Scourge and Valki you have to block one of them and lose a creature, and then Scourge wins.

OTD you play Hexdrinker on turn 1, then Mikaeus on turn 2 so I can't get it with Valki. This leaves you at 14 life, and you don't attack because that would let my Scourge grow later. On my turn 2 I play a 6/6 Scourge. On your turn you level up Hexdrinker to level 2 and make Mikaeus a 2/2. On my turn I play Valki and attack with Scourge, taking you to 8. On your turn you level up Hexdrinker to level 4. From now on I can't attack with Scourge because you can block and use Mikaeus to let one of your creatures survive, which will then beat Valki. You then put a +1/+1 counter on Mikaeus each turn until it kills me in one hit and level Hexdrinker up to level 8 before attacking with only Mikaeus. I have to chump block and can't get past level 8 Hexdrinker, so I lose. WL

I put both lands into play tapped, WW

Same as Wrath of Pie, WL

Nice deck! I can't get you below 17 life, so Heart of Kiran always blocks my Scourge. I can't see a way to get Wrenn and Six to 0 loyalty, so LL

OTP I put my first land into play untapped, and you play Hexdrinker turn 1 since otherwise I could take it with Valki, stalemate our Scourges, and eventually win with Valki as a level 8 Hexdrinker. I play Valki turn 2 taking your Scourge, leaving me with 14 life and you with 17. You attack since I don't want to trade, leaving me at 12 and your Hexdrinker at level 1. I attack with Valki putting you at 15, then play my Scourge. You level up your Hexdrinker to level 3 but can't attack since my Scourge is a 5/5. I win by attacking with both creatures, since they are 5/5s and so the Hexdrinker will just die if it blocks, and you lose if you try to race. If you put your second land into play untapped to level up Hexdrinker and reach level 8 a turn earlier, you still lose the race and can't block soon enough. If you don't do the initial attack with Hexdrinker, after your turn 2 if you choose to put your land into play tapped you are at 17 life and I have 14, with the Hexdrinker at level 1. I attack with Valki and you can't block since I could transform it into Scourge at instant speed, putting you at 15. I then play Scourge, which is a 5/5. This is the same situation as before, so I still win. If you put your second land into play untapped I just win faster. I think this covers all of the cases.
    OTD you play Hexdrinker into Scourge, I play Scourge and then Valki, and then we stare at each other until Hexdrinker reaches level 8 and you kill me. WL

Same as dte, WL

Valki takes Kinnan, then you can't cast Rankle. WW

Same as dte, WL

Same as Serguei, WL

Same as Asthereal, WL

Same as Serguei, WL

Same as Serguei, WL

OTP I play Valki on turn 2, which forces you to play an untapped land for tremors, which lets me play a 3/3 scourge on turn 3. The scourge wins the race against your turn 3 dragonlord. OTD you play your lands tapped and kill Valki, so I lose. WL

16W14L = 48

Lots of WL, I underestimated how bad Valki is on the draw. I should have just gone with Hexdrinker, but I thought it was likely I missed an amazing 3 drop or a way to accelerate so I went with Valki to hedge for that.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 06-03-2021 at 06:53 PM.

GoblinWrathmaster is no GoblinMathMaster

See below

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms WW
    2. dte: Hexdrinker, Wrenn and six, Turntimber Symbiosis, Shatterskull Smashing LL
    4. RoosterCocoa: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Valki, God of Lies LL
    5. H: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Scourge of the Skyclaves WW - Pretty sure you get the LL sweep because you can never actually win.
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Emeria's Call, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker WL
    7. silkster: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran LL
    8. Serguei: Turntimber, Serpentine Wood; Hexdrinker; Scourge of the Skyclaves; Agadeem's Awakening LL
    9. Reeplcheep: Turntimber Symbiosis , Shatterskull Smashing, Hexdrinker , Wrenn and Six LL
    10. PJim: Mox Tantalite, Mox Tantalite, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Rankle, Master of Pranks DD?
    11. alphastryk: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Wrenn and Six LL
    12. maxx!: Agadeem's Awakening, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves LL
    13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker WW
    14. mattamort: Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Agadeem, the Undercrypt, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood LL
    15. Tylert: Agadeem's awakening, Turntimber symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the skyclaves LL
    16. FTW: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Kargan Dragonlord, Subterranean Tremors LL

7w2d = 23 points

Upgraded Chronomaton cannot compete in this round, it turns out.

Thread Information