Page 291 of 332 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Sep 2011

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier

5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar
    Can't beat this at all. 0-6 I do nothing at all until you play a creature. You never do because giving up either ETB trigger kneecaps your ability to beat me. 2-2
    If you do nothing:
    2/2 Cathar / Land + suspend Keldon (4 counters)
    Cathar transforms. Plotter steals your land. 3/3 first strike attacks / 3 counters [M=17]
    attack for 4 / 2 counters [M=13]
    attack for 4 / 1 counter [M=9]
    attack for 4 / Keldon resolves but can't race [M=5]
    attack with 3/3 first strike, trades with 4/1 first strike
    Then my 1/1 wins
    WW

Your other line is to play out creatures. On your play:
    suspend Keldon (4 counters) / tapped Farm
    3 counters, Student / Plotter, stealing your land
    2 counters / wait
    1 counter / wait
    Keldon resolves / Cathar exiles Keldon

I can hold Cathar till Keldon resolves, exile it and win. 1/1 Plotter will trade with your creature (either 1/1 Student or Firebrand).

WW for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I don’t see how this works since you need to keep both DRS and ooze alive till your 3rd upkeep, which is after I threaten leathal.

T1 dump hand 16, DRS 15
    T2 attack with vine & wall, no blocks 8 ooze 7
    T3 attack with vine and walla, you have to trade with walla to survive, leaving you with no 3/3.
    My math was off, you do indeed beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    See above.

If you do nothing:
    I play Cathar first.
    You play any 1 creature (1/1 or 1/2).
    I play Plotter, stealing your land and giving you colorless Tendo Ice Bridge with 0 counters.
    My 3/3 first strike + 1/1 races your 1-drop.
    Deathrite Shaman can cast Bloodhall Ooze via exiling your depleted Remote Farm and I would win that race, so we still stare.

If you do nothing:
    2/2 Cathar / Land + suspend Keldon (4 counters)
    Cathar transforms. Plotter steals your land. 3/3 first strike attacks / 3 counters [M=17]
    attack for 4 / 2 counters [M=13]
    attack for 4 / 1 counter [M=9]
    attack for 4 / Keldon resolves but can't race [M=5]
    attack with 3/3 first strike, trades with 4/1 first strike
    Then my 1/1 wins
    WW

Your other line is to play out creatures. On your play:
    suspend Keldon (4 counters) / tapped Farm
    3 counters, Student / Plotter, stealing your land
    2 counters / wait
    1 counter / wait
    Keldon resolves / Cathar exiles Keldon

I can hold Cathar till Keldon resolves, exile it and win. 1/1 Plotter will trade with your creature (either 1/1 Student or Firebrand).

WW for me?
    You’re right. I missed the 1/1 staying back and forcing me to trade Keldon for flipped Cathar. Will update soon

Feb 2014

I was about to submit my deck when I realised cabal therapist was banned (was a reason no one was playing such a strong card...). So I took welder combo.

1. Asthereal (TO): Copperline Gorge, Frostling, Hexdrinker, Old-Growth Dryads
    0-6. frostling.

2. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau
    6-0.

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    That's me, smashing with goblins!
    3-3

4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse
    3-3. OTP, I kill you with a 1/1 gob. OTD, you kill me with a 1/1 pirate.

5. FTW: Remote Farm, Tendo Ice Bridge, Vedalken Plotter, Brutal Cathar
    3-3.

6. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Brutal Cathar
    0-6

7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    That's me again??

8. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Thornscape Apprentice, Bloodhall Ooze, Deathrite Shaman
    6-0. I first thought it was the pinger apprentice.

9. RoosterCocoa: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan
    6-0. PJim made the detailed analysis last week.

10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Keldon Halberdier
    0-6, fanatical

11. silkster: Scrubland, Brain Maggot, Chancellor of the Tangle, Student of Warfare
    0-6, brain maggot.
    Last edited by dte; 01-16-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I was about to submit my deck when I realised cabal therapist was banned (was a reason no one was playing such a strong card...). So I took welder combo, which seemed the highest raw power with T1 Grist.

4. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Island, Rishadan Cutpurse, Rishadan Cutpurse
    3-3. OTP, I kill you with a 1/1 gob. OTD, you kill me with a 1/1 pirate.

7. dte: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    That's me again
    EDIT: Nope, what I had in mind doesn't work.

So alpha's analysis is correct: with you OTP Cutpurse stays on the battlefield to trade with your 1/1, right?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Assuming my analysis of the disputed results is correct, and assuming everybody has their results against gobbo and silk correct, and assuming I calculated their head-to-head correctly...
    That's a lot of assuming, which is bad, according to a famous Sourcer. But anyway, here's preliminary standings for round 9:

1. Asthereal (TO): 46 - 4,6
    2. FTW: 44 - 4,4
    3. PJim: 42 - 4,2
    4. maxx!: 41 - 4,1
    5. silkster: 33 - 3,3
    6. dte: 27 - 2,7
    6. RoosterCocoa: 27 - 2,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 22 - 2,2
    10. Reeplcheep: 18 - 1,8
    10. alphastryk: 18 - 1,8
    11. Wrath of Pie: 13 - 1,3

Which would lead to these bannings:
    Brutal Cathar
    Copperline Gorge
    Frostling
    Hexdrinker
    Necrotic Sliver
    Old-Growth Dryads
    Orzhov Basilica
    Remote Farm
    Tendo Ice Bridge
    Vedalken Plotter
    Volrath's Stronghold

And these standings in the season:
    1. PJim: 35,7
    2. dte: 33
    3. silkster: 32
    4. Asthereal (TO): 27,6
    5. RoosterCocoa: 24,4
    6. FTW: 23,4
    7. maxx!: 22,6
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 21,9
    9. Reeplcheep: 21,8
    10. Wrath of Pie: 21,7
    11. alphastryk: 20

So PJim again runs away from the pack a bit. Other remarkable thing is maxx! storming up the chart.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I'm locking in the above bannings, as I expect tomorrow to be a rather busy day, and I want to open the next round. So here we go.

ROUND 10 OF SEASON 11: LEGACY CREATURES & LANDS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 10, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 19th of January at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S11R10 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    EDIT: Nope, what I had in mind doesn't work.

So alpha's analysis is correct: with you OTP Cutpurse stays on the battlefield to trade with your 1/1, right?
    No, if he plays a 1/1, I pay the tax. Then I can play my combo and win. If he plays the second pirate, I sac welder after reanimating gearhulk.
    So 3-3 I think.

I think gob probably scored 27 too :)
    3-3 vs the pirates, and 6-0 vs triplicate Welder (gearhulk wins the mirror)

Also WoP should 2-2 FTW? His analysis to keep everything, then play DRS if cathar is played makes sense.
    Last edited by dte; 01-16-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Sep 2011

Assuming my analysis of the disputed results is correct, and assuming everybody has their results against gobbo and silk correct, and assuming I calculated their head-to-head correctly...
    That's a lot of assuming, which is bad, according to a famous Sourcer. But anyway, here's preliminary standings for round 9:

1. Asthereal (TO): 46 - 4,6
    2. FTW: 44 - 4,4
    3. PJim: 42 - 4,2
    4. maxx!: 41 - 4,1
    5. silkster: 33 - 3,3
    6. dte: 27 - 2,7
    6. RoosterCocoa: 27 - 2,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 22 - 2,2
    10. Reeplcheep: 18 - 1,8
    10. alphastryk: 18 - 1,8
    11. Wrath of Pie: 13 - 1,3

Which would lead to these bannings:
    Brutal Cathar
    Copperline Gorge
    Frostling
    Hexdrinker
    Necrotic Sliver
    Old-Growth Dryads
    Orzhov Basilica
    Remote Farm
    Tendo Ice Bridge
    Vedalken Plotter
    Volrath's Stronghold
    How can dte and GoblinSmashmaster have different scores when they have identical decks? There must be an error. Although their deck did not get banned either way, it indicates someone gained extra points vs GoblinSmashmaster, and that could effect the bannings and standings.

Also, I agree with dte: I should draw vs WoP. I missed the line where DRS could make red mana for Ooze using my Remote Farm.
    DD 2-2
    That could mean my deck dodges the ban.

dte/Goblinsmashmaster vs Rooster should be WW for Noxious Gearhulk. This already came up a previous round. Gearhulk breaks the mirror.
    OTD Gearhulk kills opponent's Welder first (make Titan in response), then kills Triplicate Titan (+9 life) early enough to stay alive, and then slowly removes all the tokens.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

How can dte and GoblinSmashmaster have different scores when they have identical decks? There must be an error. Although their deck did not get banned either way, it indicates someone gained extra points vs GoblinSmashmaster, and that could effect the bannings and standings.
    I found the discrepancies and solved them. They now have the same amount of points.

Also, I agree with dte: I should draw vs WoP. I missed the line where DRS could make red mana for Ooze using my Remote Farm.
    DD 2-2
    That could mean my deck dodges the ban.
    I put this in the doc as well, but I won't switch bannings anymore. The round has been opened and I don't have much time today.

Sorry, late correction

Reeplcheep vs maxx

Drop Everything, 20-16 | Firebrand
    Block VV, kill Rootwalla, 20-15 | Student
    20-10 | Level 1
    20-5 | Level 2

Now Reeplcheep can't profitably attack, and there's plenty of time for Halberdier to land, which can attack freely.

Should be 6-0 to maxx.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Sorry, late correction

Reeplcheep vs maxx

Drop Everything, 20-16 | Firebrand
    Block VV, kill Rootwalla, 20-15 | Student
    20-10 | Level 1
    20-5 | Level 2

Now Reeplcheep can't profitably attack, and there's plenty of time for Halberdier to land, which can attack freely.

Should be 6-0 to maxx.
    So between the FTW/WoP correction and this one, Maxx! deck is legal for next round but will automatically get banned afterwards, is that correctly understood?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

So between the FTW/WoP correction and this one, Maxx! deck is legal for next round but will automatically get banned afterwards, is that correctly understood?
    I locked in the bannings because yesterday and today I have no time to make adjustments and I don't want to delay a week.
    So the bannings as added to the banned list in the doc and the second post are final, regardless of changes in the results.
    (Of course the results will be entered in the doc so they count for the season standings.)

The chances of maxx!'s deck getting banned next round are of course quite big, but the meta shift makes it uncertain.
    I don't think I should ban it after next round just because it should have been banned this round.
    That means I should also unban a deck, which turns the whole thing upside down.

Feb 2014

I locked in the bannings because yesterday and today I have no time to make adjustments and I don't want to delay a week.
    So the bannings as added to the banned list in the doc and the second post are final, regardless of changes in the results.
    (Of course the results will be entered in the doc so they count for the season standings.)

The chances of maxx!'s deck getting banned next round are of course quite big, but the meta shift makes it uncertain.
    I don't think I should ban it after next round just because it should have been banned this round.
    That means I should also unban a deck, which turns the whole thing upside down.
    Good that I asked, I thought that these bannings would be effective for the current round (round 10), but that afterwards we would play with maxx's deck banned, and FTW's deck unbanned instead.
    I understand that it would be logistically tough,while not helping much (after all the two decks were close and so almost as banworthy).
    So I'll never get to play with remote farm :/

Some cool decks this week. Necrotic Sliver was not on my radar at all. I've considered some lists with Brutal Cathar, but it never felt great. It's interesting that it came out of nowhere and got banned in two different strategies.

Good that I asked, I thought that these bannings would be effective for the current round (round 10), but that afterwards we would play with maxx's deck banned, and FTW's deck unbanned instead.
    I understand that it would be logistically tough,while not helping much (after all the two decks were close and so almost as banworthy).
    So I'll never get to play with remote farm :/
    I know how you feel. I have so many Volrath's Stronghold lists, but I didn't think they were good enough yet.

Last weekend was the MIT Mystery Hunt. One of the puzzles was Magic related. https://www.bookspace.world/puzzle/something-command/
    I get the final answer, you need some specific puzzle related knowledge, but the scenarios are solvable and might be of interest to people here.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and it looks like I'm missing just FTW.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff and eat lunch.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 10:

1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, The Hunger Tide <-me
    2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide WL
    Grist can kill Grist so whoever lands Grist+token first wins it.
    3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm DL
    OTP Grist+token / land-grazer-land-bounce land / 2nd token / Grist-sac grazer to kill grist / token attacks and kills Grist > now we have your 1/1 land dude against my 1/1 token for the draw. Nice anti-captainobvious.dec, I should have at least considered this version over the cast Grist asap version. Not sure if it will turn out to be better, but it still kills a guy on turn 2 but has the extra land guy as backup.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler WW
    I don't care about you destroying my land. Grist keeps making 1/1 tokens that can trade with yours, and you can't swarm Grist fast enough.
    5. PJim: Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide WL
    6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse WW
    T1 Grist, make tokens until you drop a guy, kill that guy, make tokens until you drop the next guy. Magus isn't an issue as I have Swamp to pay upkeep for a token.
    7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi WW
    Best line I see is: Sus Knight / Grist+token / K2, Stud / token2 / K1, Firebrand, kill a token / token2 (Grist=L6) / Knight resolves, attack, Grist=L4 / -2 sac 1 token, kill Knight, Grist=L2 > win from here.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand WW
    Waif / Grist+token G=4 / Firebrand kill token, attack Grost G=3 / token G=4 / Waif=3/2, attack, G=1, cast Stud / token, G=2 / Stud=1, attack with both, double block Waif, all die, G=1 / token, G=2 / Stud=2 so 3/3, attack, chump with token / token, G=3 / Stud=3, attack, chump / token, G=4 / Stud=4, attack, chump / token, G=5 / Stud=5, attack, chump / token, G=6 / Stud=6, attack, let through, G=3 / -2, sac token, kill Stud, G=1 and win from here. OTP I'm faster.
    9. silkster: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Mother of Runes, Mangara of Corondor WL
    OTP Grist+token, G=4 / Kar, Mother / -2 sac token, kill Mother, G=2 / Chancery, bounce Karakas / token, G=3 / Karakas, Mangara / -2, sac token, kill Mangara, G=1 win from here. OTD Mother rotects Mangara, and it kills Grist, after which you can slowly kill my tokens and take over.
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble WW
    OTP I'm way too fast. OTD: Noble / Grist+token / Firebrand kill a token, attack me, N=2/2 / token, G=5 / Stud, attack Grist, G=3 / 2nd token, G=4 / if Noble attacks I double-block, Student is too slow. Grist will take over from here.
    11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful WW
    I don't care about discarding my hand, as I drop every relevant card on T1. I just make Grist and keep +1ing him for tokens.

Total: 46 points

5. PJim (and Asthereal and dte): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, The Hunger Tide / 3-3, missed Grist killing Grist.
    2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide / 3-3, yep.
    3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm / 1-4.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler / 6-0, We don't care if Settler lands.
    6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse / 6-0, Easy for Grist to kill these guys when they land. Magus + Fountain seems dubious.
    7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi / 6-0, will come back.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand / 6-0, will come back.
    9. silkster: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Mother of Runes, Mangara of Corondor / 3-3, I've had 3/4s of this, but hadn't considered Mom, might be a good fit. Grist can kill her when we're OTP, and be up again in time for Mangara. OTD, she can protect herself and ensure Mangara can kill Grist.
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble / 6-0, will come back.
    11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful / 6-0, As with Lackey, we don't care if Shocker hits us.

I think we go 6-0 vs all the Firebrand/Student/Other decks, Firebrand only trades with a token or loyalty, and if we can kill one of the others and maintain a blocker we'll win. I'm going to come back and make sure of lines though.

Feb 2014

Asthereal's scores for round 10:

1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, The Hunger Tide <-me
    2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide WL
    3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm DL
    OTP Grist+token / land-grazer-land-bounce land / 2nd token / Grist-sac grazer to kill grist / token attacks and kills Grist > now we have your 1/1 land dude against my 1/1 token for the draw. Nice anti-captainobvious.dec, I should have at least considered this version over the cast Grist asap version. Not sure if it will turn out to be better, but it still kills a guy on turn 2 but has the extra land guy as backup.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler WW
    I don't cane about you destroying my land. Grist keeps making 1/1 tokens that can trade with yours, and you can't swarm Grist fast enough.
    5. PJim: Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide WL
    6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse WW
    T1 Grist, make tokens until you drop a guy, kill that guy, make tokens until you drop the next guy. Magus isn't an issue as I have Swamp to pay upkeep for a token.
    7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi WW
    Best line I see is: Sus Knight / Grist+token / K2, Stud / token2 / K1, Firebrand, kill a token / token2 (Grist=L6) / Knight resolves, attack, Grist=L4 / -2 sac 1 token, kill Knight, Grist=L2 > win from here.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand WW
    Waif / Grist+token G=4 / Firebrand kill token, attack Grost G=3 / token G=4 / Waif=3/2, attack, G=1, cast Stud / token, G=2 / Stud=1, attack with both, double block Waif, all die, G=1 / token, G=2 / Stud=2 so 3/3, attack, chump with token / token, G=3 / Stud=3, attack, chump / token, G=4 / Stud=4, attack, chump / token, G=5 / Stud=5, attack, chump / token, G=6 / Stud=6, attack, ket go, G=3 / -2, sac token, kill Stud, G=1 and win from here. OTP I'm faster.
    9. silkster: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Mother of Runes, Mangara of Corondor WL
    OTP Grist+token, G=4 / Kar, Mother / -2 sac token, kill Mother, G=2 / Chancery, bounce Karakas / token, G=3 / Karakas, Mangara / -2, sac token, kill Mangara, G=1 win from here. OTD Mother rotects Mangara, and it kills Grist, after which you can slowly kill my tokens and take over.
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble WW
    OTP I'm way too fast. OTD: Noble / Grist+token / Firebrand kill a token, attack me, N=2/2 / token, G=5 / Stud, attack Grist, G=3 / 2nd token, G=4 / if Noble attacks I double-block, Student is too slow. Grist will take over from here.
    11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful WW
    I don't care about discarding my hand, as I drop every relevant card on T1. I just make Grist and keep +1ing him for tokens.

Total: 46 points
    Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    5. PJim (and Asthereal and dte): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, The Hunger Tide / 3-3, missed Grist killing Grist.
    2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide / 3-3, yep.
    3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm / 1-4.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler / 6-0, We don't care if Settler lands.
    6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse / 6-0, Easy for Grist to kill these guys when they land. Magus + Fountain seems dubious.
    7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi / 6-0, will come back.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand / 6-0, will come back.
    9. silkster: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Mother of Runes, Mangara of Corondor / 3-3, I've had 3/4s of this, but hadn't considered Mom, might be a good fit. Grist can kill her when we're OTP, and be up again in time for Mangara. OTD, she can protect herself and ensure Mangara can kill Grist.
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble / 6-0, will come back.
    11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful / 6-0, As with Lackey, we don't care if Shocker hits us.

I think we go 6-0 vs all the Firebrand/Student/Other decks, Firebrand only trades with a token or loyalty, and if we can kill one of the others and maintain a blocker we'll win. I'm going to come back and make sure of lines though.
    Easiest calculation ever :)

46 for me it seems. Good points, but do not help catching up to PJim ;)

Thread Information