Page 225 of 332 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Feb 2014

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I can Sinkhole a land and this will put energy field in the graveyard. Inkmoth nexus will win this. It's more LL for asthereal I think.
    It was about alphastryx's MU ;)

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    It was about alphastryx's MU ;)
    Need to grab some coffee :)

1. Asthereal (TO): Sheltered Valley, Island, Energy Field, Energy Field
    2. dte: Pox, Swamp, Dark Ritual, Nether spirit
    3. PJim: City of Traitors, Steel Overseer, Phyrexian Revoker, Ratchet Bomb
    4. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Radiant Fountain, Mishra's Factory, Maze of Ith
    5. Reeplcheep: Peat Bog , Sheltered Valley, nether spirit , Nether spirit
    6. Wrath of Pie: Bayou, Crashing Footfalls, Evil Presence, Duress
    7. jhhdk: Karakas, Porcelain Legionnaire, Aether vial, Mangara of Corondor
    8. silkster: Gemstone Mine, Duress, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance
    9. Tylert: Sinkhole, The tabernacle at pendrell vale, Urborg, tomb of yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: Chancellor of the Dross, Unmask, Unmask, Force of Despair
    11. Serguei: Peat Bog, Sheltered Valley, Smallpox, Nether Spirit
    12. H: Swamp, Witch's Oven, Witch's Oven, Cauldron Familiar
    13. FTW: Radiant Fountain, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Dimir Aqueduct, Reality Acid
    14. maxx!: Peat Bog, Sheltered Valley, Smallpox, Firemane Angel

1. Asthereal: Sinkhole takes care of a land so that OTP you can't cast anything and OTD, field goes to the graveyard. after that, inkmoth ignores sheltered valley FTW. 6-0 --> 6
    2. dte: You can allways takes two cards from me so I can't sinkhole your land and have tabernacle to take care of spirit. 0-6 --> 6
    3. PJim: Sinkhole destroys city, then tabernacle takes care of creatures and inkmoth wins slowly. You can't damage me for 10 points of damage. 6-0 --> 12
    4. alphastryk: Radiant fountain let's you win everygame as inkmoth can't damage you. 0-6 --> 12
    5. Reeplcheep: OTP: I can sinkhole one of your lands and win. OTD, you have time to cast one nether spirit. 3-3 --> 15
    6. Wrath of Pie: Duress takes sinkhole 1 rhino will die, but I don't think I'm fast enough to kill you with inkmoth. 0-6 --> 15
    7. jhhdk: You can remove inkmoth with mangara. 0-6 --> 15
    8. Silkster: same as Wrath of Pie. 0-6 --> 15
    9. Me.
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: Inkmoth wins faster than chancellor + lifeloss. 6-0 --> 21
    11. Serguei: OTP, I can sinkhole Peatbog and win. OTD, you can cast nether spirit and win. 3-3 --> 24
    12. H: OTP, I can sinkhole your land and win. OTD, you have time to cast one Oven and cat to drain me ignoring karakas and it looks faster than inkmoth. 3-3 --> 27
    13. FTW: Stylus can negate sinkhole. At some point in time you will remove inkmoth with reality acid and i'll loose to radiant fountain. 0-6 --> 27
    14. Maxx!: OTP, I can sinkhole peat bog and win. OTD, you can cast smallpox, but i'll keep inkmoth and urborg to beat your lifegain. 6-0 --> 33

Total 33.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round uh now what?

That's me. I did not think this round through at all. Which will show in the results.
    Pox makes my cards go away. 0-6
    Luckily, Ratchet Bomb taking out Energy Field will also kill both your guys. So second Field wins it here. 6-0
    4. alphastryk: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Radiant Fountain, Mishra's Factory, Maze of Ith
    Valley over Fountain would have netted you draws here, but my perpetual life gain beats your one-shot. 6-0
    Spirits can't beat Field, but both of us having Valley means we actually draw in a round where the round rule should prevent draws. 2-2
    You Presence Valley as soon as I drop it, so I don't gain life. You only Duress after I cast my first Energy Field, which will take out both Fields. I didn't expect much discard, so I ran this risk consciously. 0-6
    Mangara takes my first, but also my second Field. Afterwards you just kill me. 0-6
    Balance kills Energy Field as well as my lands and hand. 0-6
    9. Tylert: Sinkhole, The tabernacle at pendrell vale, Urborg, tomb of yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus
    Sinkhole kills Field as well as Valley, and I can't cast second Field after. 0-6
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: Chancellor of the Dross, Unmask, Unmask, Force of Despair
    Valley wins it by itself. 6-0
    More Poxies. This is probably what I should have played over my own deck. 0-6
    Losing life beats Field. 0-6
    Acid slowly takes out my board, staring with Valley so you actually win the race. 0-6
    You gain more life, but Valley makes me not die to the round rule, and you don't have a wincon yourself, so we draw both? 2-2

Total: 22 points
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

SmallPox does all the work
    WW 6 pts - > 6 pts

Pox miror.
    You cannot go with Pox at any time otherwise we will discard both Nether Spirit and Valley will.
    On my side, I can go with neither spirit.
    WW 6pts -> 12pts

Smallpox does everything
    WW 6pts -> 18pts

Valley will win and I can block mishra
    WW 6pts -> 24pts

You cannot play a nether spirit. Otherwise I will play small pox and you will have both nether spirits in your graveyard preventing them to come back.
    On my side I can lead with nether spirit and beat you
    WW 6pts -> 30pts

I cannot do nothing
    LL 0pt -> 30pts

I will be able to eat your land and a creature by discarding it with smallpox. You will have vial in play and a creature but you will not beat spirit and Valley
    WW 6pts -> 36pts

I cannot do nothing, I am totally crushed
    LL 0pt -> 36pts

OTP I start with peat bog.
    At your turn, you can play a land. If you do, I will smallpox and you will loose the land in play and card in hand. You will not be able to manage both spirit and valley with your 2 remaining cards.
    If you do not, I will play vally t2 and beat you with the rule.

OTD you will be to sinkhole my peatbog before I play anything
    WL 3pts -> 39pts

Valley wins it by itself.
    WW 6pts -> 45pts

That 's me

OTD I will eat your land avoiding you to play the other part of the combo
    OTP once the combo I cannot win through it
    WL 3pts -> 48pts

Smallpox wins by itself here
    WW 6pts -> 54pts

You cannot go with smallPox here. Otherwise I discard neitherspirit and I will race you.
    I will play Neither spirit and beat you to death.
    WW 6pts -> 60pts

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Not possible to be DD with the round rule and no repeatable lifegain. You should WW given your analysis.
    Yeah, draws are not happening, whoops! Updating my results.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Asthereal's scores for round uh now what?
    Valley over Fountain would have netted you draws here, but my perpetual life gain beats your one-shot. 6-0
    Total: 22 points
    Unfortunately, Valley doesn't play the best in a 4 land deck, as it stops working if I need to play out all my lands.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Unfortunately, Valley doesn't play the best in a 4 land deck, as it stops working if I need to play out all my lands.
    True, but against my particular deck you wouldn't need to play all your lands. Two of them do absolutely nothing.
    Then again, why would you meta against my exact 4? My deck clearly sucks @55.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    True, but against my particular deck you wouldn't need to play all your lands. Two of them do absolutely nothing.
    Then again, why would you meta against my exact 4? My deck clearly sucks @55.
    Actually, the more I think about it its likely that Sheltered Valley would always gain at least the 2 life Radiant Fountain does even if it does stop working (and most of the time gaining 1 is enough anyway), so Valley was likely the right land to play, and would have gotten me at least 17 more points at a quick glance.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 04-22-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Reeplcheeps scores for round typo. Submitted 2 spirits instead of smallpox spirit like an idiot, but it changes things so lets see how this does. I felt this round was basically a rehash of the lifegain one, so just stole the best performing deck and changed the threats slightly. Don’t submit on your phone where you can’t see the whole text box kids.

Smallpox would have won this one. DD 2-2.

I decided beating Sphere and the mirror was more important than beating t2 combo. WW 6-0

This one too. LL 0-6

Radiant mirror. DD 2-2
    misread. WW 6-0

Evil presence. LL 0-6

Another one where Sergei reading his submission is OP. 0-6.

On the play don’t you lose to 4 islands???? LW 3-3, the rarest of scores.
    Misread again LL 0-6

Defer to Tylert 3-3
    Valley wins it by itself. 6-0
    No typos op. LL 0-6
    No pox means you can win the race. 0-6.
    Defer to FTW LL 0-6
    I win the race. WW 6-0

Grey ogre tribal scores a surprising 31/78, only 29 less points than serguei

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Radiant mirror. DD 2-2
    Alas, my choice of Radiant Fountain instead of Sheltered Valley costs me this match - I'm unable to draw.

Ok radiant not sheltered gives me wins vs alpha.

I have tried to make gemstone caverns work in so many brews I misread silksters entry.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I'm missing results for round 14 from maxx! and H, but the standings below should be correct, assuming their opponents calculated the matches correctly, and assuming my estimation of their head-to-head is good.
    (3-3, as OTD H doesn't get the combo going because of Smallpox, but OTP he can attack and combo once each turn, which adds up to 3 damage per turn against 2 life gain.)

Preliminary results for round 14:
    1. Serguei: 60 - 4,6
    2. Wrath of Pie: 57 - 4,4
    3. silkster: 51 - 3,9
    4. FTW: 47 - 3,6
    5. alphastryk: 39 - 3
    5. jhhdk: 39 - 3
    7. PJim: 36 - 2,8
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: 36 - 2,8
    9. dte: 33 - 2,5
    9. Tylert: 33 - 2,5
    9. H: 33 - 2,5
    12. Reeplcheep: 29 - 2,2
    13. maxx!: 25 - 1,9
    14. Asthereal (TO): 22 - 1,7

Which would lead to these standings in the season, with only the final round to go:
    1. dte: 56,3
    2. FTW: 50,2
    3. Tylert: 48,8
    4. Wrath of Pie: 46,6
    4. Serguei: 46,6
    6. maxx!: 42,5
    7. silkster: 40,6
    8. Asthereal (TO): 37,2
    9. Reeplcheep: 36,4
    10. H: 33,9
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 32,6
    12. jhhdk: 25
    13. alphastryk: 23,1
    14. PJim: 13,2

So normally, we would be congratulating dte on the win in the season, but this time not so, as there's 4 extra season points to be gained in the final round.
    Somewhow, after 14 rounds, Wrath and Serguei managed to be completely tied for 4th place in the season.
    PJim got the hang of this immediately. These results extrapolated to the full season would have gotten close to 4th place, so there's a force to be reckoned with for next season for sure.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Final round time!
    I'll give you guys a day extra, as I was gone for the weekend and I'm only now starting this up.

THE FINAL OF SEASON 9: DEVIANT LEGACY - PART 2 has started.

This round we play Unique: Each player gets 1 additional season point in this round for each card in their deck that no other player submitted this round.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 15, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Thursday the 29th of April at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Wednesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Snow-Covered Swamp, Terror, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S09R15 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

If you have two cards with the same name that are unplayed by others, do you get 2 points or 1?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

As long as a card you play is not played by others, you score 1 point. So if 2 of the same card could be worth two points!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I think we should definitely clarify whether multiples in your own deck each count. I had assumed they did not, as they would not be Unique

I think we should definitely clarify whether multiples in your own deck each count. I had assumed they did not, as they would not be Unique
    Round name does not actually match the round description depending on how unique is defined.

(Multiples should count.)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

It's especially written in the rules: a card is worth 1 point if it is not played in any other deck.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    As long as a card you play is not played by others, you score 1 point. So if 2 of the same card could be worth two points!
    If no other player submitted it, it's worth a point. Tylert is correct in the analysis.
    Yes, you can play multiples and gain a point for each.
    I didn't mean it as such originally, but the rule is worded as such, and the round is running, so we'll allow it.

Oh dang. I didn't realize we had an extra day this time. I wonder if I want to change anything? It usually goes badly for me when I do...

While we have a moment: are we going to take a week off, or jump right into the next deviant season? (Or interject some kind of bannathon? I vote creatures+lands for every card's legality to be super obvious.) I'm good for any of those.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Oh dang. I didn't realize we had an extra day this time. I wonder if I want to change anything? It usually goes badly for me when I do...

While we have a moment: are we going to take a week off, or jump right into the next deviant season? (Or interject some kind of bannathon? I vote creatures+lands for every card's legality to be super obvious.) I'm good for any of those.
    I usually do this... send something and send another deck a few minutes later because I thought it was a good idea to think about the round more deeply :)
    As long as decks haven't been posted...

Thread Information