Page 231 of 332 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    B

Edit: I choose C if Solitaire is an option.
    Temporary Solitaire got the most votes against it in the main poll, so I don't think we should go there.

But B is at +1 now.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

I choose C if Solitaire is an option.
    Idem than FTW and Silkster.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    For the round, I'm missing an entry by maxx! I'll give you a bit more time to send your deck.
    If maxx! doesn't respond in time, based on his past deck choices and the round rule I think we could guess a good maxx! entry to use...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

If maxx! doesn't respond in time, based on his past deck choices and the round rule I think we could guess a good maxx! entry to use...
    That's actually quite hard, maxx! is rather versatile.

Sorry for the delay. Sending in something quick

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    Sorry for the delay. Sending in something quick
    Someone's ready for the haste round!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

There it is, so let's go!

DECKS FOR ROUND 1 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Pillow Fight: Creatures have indestructible and hexproof.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Invigorate
    2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    3. PJim: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Geth's Verdict, Gather the Townsfolk
    4. alphastryk: Forest, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Berserk
    5. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss
    7. H: Cavern of Souls, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf
    8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus
    9. silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood
    10. Reeplcheep: Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Beserk, Forest
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    12. dte: Lotus petal, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Empty the warrens
    13. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit
    14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict
    15. maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

EDIT:
    Since our vote about the Mythic round is now at just +1 for B, I'll allow voting to continue.

Reminder: here's what we're voting for:
    A: Swap Mythic Mayhem round for All Creatures have Haste round
    B: Move Mythic Mayhem up in the schedule so there's a ton of mythics still legal
    C: Both plans are bad, I want something else
    D: No opinion, TO should do what he thinks best

Currently we're at:
    5x B, 4x A and a few "Asthereal you figure it out" 's.
    Also 3 people want Temporary Solitaire instead of Mythic Mayhem, but a massive 7 people voted against Temp Sol in the pre-season poll, so I'm not doing that.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 1:

So I chose the idea of -1/-1 counters being able to kill indestructible threats. And I chose an in-between version of the fast and the triple threat versions that were possible. Looks pretty bad I must say.
    You can shuffle back and re-use Smallpox. Let's see if I'm fast enough OTP: elf / bog // 2nd elf, Invig for 5 poison / Pox, I keep one elf, you disc Kozi, shuffle back Pox, Bog, Koz // 6 poison / draw Koz // 7p / draw Pox // 8p / draw Bog, play Bog // 9p / Pox FTW. Crap. 0-6
    3. PJim: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Geth's Verdict, Gather the Townsfolk
    A Verdict a turn makes the butt burn. 0-6
    Quite big Elf blocks really big Elf, both die because of -1/-1 counters. I have a threat remaining to kill you. 6-0
    5. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    I don't know how to play bridge. 0-6
    6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss
    Moon is bad against me, but so is Warboss. I keep one Elf back, with Invig up. -1/-1 counters will kill your guys, while mine live. I can safely attack with one Elf and win. 6-0
    Three elves beats two elves, just like two beat one. Maybe I should have gone for this version. 0-6
    8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus
    I can pay for one Elf. My one elf is faster than your Nexus because of Invig. Blocking with the 0-3 just kills it in 3 turns because of -1/-1 counters. I think I win this whichever way you play it. 6-0
    OTD Balance is fast enough, OTP it's not, but Footfalls is also slow and I can draw it. Math in my post two pages forward. 1-4
    Quite big Elf blocks really big Elf, both die because of -1/-1 counters. I have a threat remaining to kill you. 6-0
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    I did some math and I think we have a staredown. I can do some damage, but you just only attack after I attack, and you're slightly faster than me. But if I keep back both elves, you can't win. 2-2 for now, but I'll check this some more tomorrow, when I have more time.
    Same as against Gobbo. 2-2
    I don't play anything until you Pox. If you do, I discard Elf and Invig. Then I play Forest, cast Elf. I can eternally block if I want, but I get the first attack in, which means I would win the race. So you don't play Pox and we end up not doing anything at all. 2-2
    A Verdict a turn makes the butt burn. 0-6
    Two removals. Ugh. 0-6

Total for now: 31 points. That's quite bad, but not as bad as I had feared.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-22-2021 at 08:25 AM.

I liked the idea of being able to go wide, or pushing the obvious sacrifice button. Fortunately not too many opponents are attacking my mana...

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Forest, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Invigorate // 6-0
    2. jhhdk: Peat Bog, Call the Bloodline, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth // 0-6
    4. alphastryk: Forest, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Berserk // 3-3
    5. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs // 3-3
    6. Serguei: City of traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Legion Warboss // 0-6
    7. H: Cavern of Souls, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf, Glistener Elf // 6-0
    8. mattamort: Vampire neonate, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Inkmoth nexus // 6-0
    9. silkster: Gemstone Mine, Crashing Footfalls, Restore Balance, Innocent Blood // 0-6
    10. Reeplcheep: Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Beserk, Forest // 3-3
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens // 0-6
    12. dte: Lotus petal, Rite of flame, Rite of flame, Empty the warrens // 0-6
    13. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit // 0-6
    14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict // 3-3 Gather outspeeds Verdict or Wail
    15. maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict // 6-0

36 Points
    Last edited by PJim; 05-23-2021 at 05:25 AM.

maxx!: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Innocent Blood, Diabolic Edict

2 edicts is enough to win this one. 6-0

Can't beat this at all. 0-6

Also can't beat this. 0-6

Innocent Blood takes this one. 6-0

Nice deck. Can't beat it. 0-6

I can beat Magus, but not the Warboss. Nice deck. 0-6

Well, I'm sure I can't lose this one. The question is can I win. I think I can. OTD you play Elf, then I play Blood. You play another Elf, then I play Edict. You play your last Elf, then I attack with Inkmoth. I win that race. 6-0

Welcome! Tabernacle seems not so good this round, since it (surprisingly) is a destroy effect and not a sacrifice. Regardless, I can't ever get past your Inkmoth with mine. Inkmoths stare. 2-2

Blegh. Restore Balance just crushes me. Nice deck. 0-6

Innocent Blood is enough. 6-0

I was prepared to lose this one. 0-6

I was less prepared to lose it a second time. Almost played it myself. Wish I had. 0-6

I think I can draw here? If I just hold all 4 cards until you Pox, then I keep my 2 lands and can block Nether Spirit forever. 2-2

The verdict is in: you win. 0-6

This is me :]

6+0+0+6+0+0+6+2+0+6+0+0+2+0 = 28

Not a good start to the season, but I forgot about 4CB until like 8 hours *past* the deadline, so I'm just lucky Asthereal waited for me to submit at all. Should have gone with EtW. Glad I didn't jam Glistener Elf.

Sep 2011

I expected Infect and went with T1 Pox over T2 Smallpox (too slow OTD vs Infect and Goblins). But I missed how easy it is to draw against Nether Spirit in this round, while Smallpox at least allows a proactive threat. Miscalculation.

1. Asthereal (TO): If you play Elf then Pox wins, but if I Pox first then your Elf holds off Spirit and we stare. You don't want to try to race because we start at 13 life so Spirit kills first, but you can just defend. DD 2-2
    2. jhhdk: You can always recover with Kozilek no matter when I Pox. LL 0-6
    3. PJim: Pox destroying your land or removing 2 cards from hand wins this. WW 6-0
    4. alphastryk: Same as Asthereal. DD 2-2
    5. Wrath of Pie: OTP Pox takes 2 cards. You can keep City and Tongs, but Spirit races that. OTD you can play T1 Bridge, which I can't beat, but Pox can take Tongs to draw. WD 4-1
    6. Serguei: OTP Pox takes 2 cards and you can't cast anything. OTD you play T1 Warboss. Pox kills only the token. Warboss lives and goes wide around Spirit. WL 3-3
    7. H: Same as Asthereal. DD 2-2
    8. mattamort: Tabernacle is awkward when all creatures are indestructible. OTP I Pox. You keep Urborg and Vampire, able to block Spirit but not win. OTD playing something is worse for you so you just wait for me to Pox. DD 2-2
    9. silkster: Ah, this is the proactive Pox deck I was looking for with an answer to T1 Elf. I Pox. You discard Balance and Blood, then suspend Footfalls. I need 7 attacks to win and Rhinos resolve before that. LL 0-6
    10. Reeplcheep: Same as Asthereal. DD 2-2
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP Pox takes out too many resources. OTD you make 8 goblins. I Pox, killing 3 goblins and bringing us to 13, then your 5 goblins smash around Nether Spirit. WL 3-3
    12. dte: OTP Pox takes out your hand. OTD 5 goblins are enough to smash. WL 3-3
    14. Tylert: OTP I Pox and you keep City + Wail, then make a 1/1 to stare down Nether Spirit. OTD if you play Scepter I Pox and kill your land, but you can hold up Warping Wail forever to counter Pox and we draw. DD 2-2
    15. maxx!: If you ever play a land, I Pox and win. If you do nothing, I could Pox but you keep Swamp and Inkmoth and can stare down Nether Spirit (but not race in the air). DD 2-2

33 points (6 wins, 15 draws, 7 loss)

@silkster: This is the Pox deck I was looking for, with a proactive threat that tramples through a blocker but also an answer to T1 Elf. Well done.

Edit: corrected matchup vs Tylert.
    Well, I was right that Pox would stop most decks from winning, but I forgot to win myself.
    Last edited by FTW; 05-20-2021 at 09:02 AM.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: OTP, I can geth verdict your two elves before you do anything. OTD, you'll be able to inflict 6 poison couter before dying. 6-0 --> 6
    2. jhhdk: OTP, I can play scepter on warp wail to counter pox and/or make a 1/1 at the end of each turn. I'll be able to make more tokens than you. If I play scepter, you use pox. If I hold warp wail, I can counter pox once and kill some 1/1 but pox will eventually come back to your hand. 3-3 --> 9
    3. PJim: Whoever goes first wins. 3-3 --> 12
    4. Alphastryk: OTP I can make you sac your elf. OTD you are 1 turn to fast. 3-3 --> 15
    5. Wrath of pie: whoever goes first win. 3-3 --> 18
    6. Serguei: you play war boss and you will allways have fodder for verdict. 0-6 --> 18
    7. H: Scepter sacrifices all your dudes. 6-0 --> 24
    8. mattamort: Geth's verdict kills all your win conditions. 6-0 --> 30
    9. silkster: I have all the time to set up geth's verdict on scepter and counter restore balance with wail. I'll take at max 12 damage from rhinos. 6-0 --> 36
    10. Reeplcheep: Whoever plays first wins. 3-3 --> 39
    11. Goblinsmash master: OTP, I can counter rite of flames number 1 and win, so you do nothing and we stare. OTD, you make 8 tokens and I die :) 1-4 --> 40
    12. dte: same as above. 1-4 --> 41
    13. FTW: OTP, I can leave mana up to counter pox. of course, you play nothing. otd, you can pox if you do I keep wail and make a token to draw. 2-2 --> 43
    14. Me.
    15. maxx!: Verdict on scepter kills your wincon and wins. 6-0 --> 49

Total 49.

FTW and PJim plz check my analysis.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    14. Tylert: City of traitors, Isochron scepter, Warping wail, Geth's verdict // 6-0, Gather outspeeds Verdict or Wail
    Gather the townfolks is unfortunately a sorcery.
    Same player shoot again.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

14. Tylert: OTP Pox leaves you with 2 cards, too little to do anything. OTD if you play Scepter I Pox and kill your land, but you can just hold up Warping Wail forever to counter Pox and we draw. WD 4-1
    If I keep wail and city in hand I can make a 1/1 that will block spirit forever... so we draw. 2-2

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Lets see how my zero effort poison deck does! (spoiler: not well, everyone thought of it).

More poison elves. LL

0-6

OTP I kill you before Peat Bog untaps, OTD Smallpox means I can't win. WL

3-3

OTP I kill you before you can use Scepter to Verdict. OTD Verdict does it. WL

3-3

This is me, on fast poison.

I cannot default the Bridge. EDIT: It turns out I can sneak under the bridge when I'm OTP. WL

3-3

OTP, you're forced to play out a blocker to not die, but I can Invigorate to kill it leaving me with a threat.W
    OTD your best plan is to play Warboss precombat to make two creatures, but its not enough because Warboss has to block and it plays out the same since my creature wins in combat and never dies. EDIT: I missed that an old token can be the blocker every turn, so the best I can do is Invigorate to kill the Warboss when it attacks, turning it into a staring contest. D

4-1

Even more poison elves. LL

0-6

OTP: You play Neonate to block, I Invigorate to kill it. After that, you're able to leave up Inkmoth to force a draw (I win the race if we attack) D
    OTD: You play out Neonate turn 1, I play my Elf. You play Inkmoth and are able to be the first one to attack this time, which along with blocking with Neonate is enough to put you 2 turns ahead in the race. (Berserk would catch me up only 1 turn so its not enough. I also can't Berserk your Inkmoth to kill it due to the indestructible rule). L

1-4

Innocent Blood. LL

0-6

Same number of elves. Stare. DD

2-2

Too many blockers. LL

0-6

Too many blockers. LL

0-6

I can hold my Elf to force a draw no matter who does first. DD

2-2

OTP I'm too fast for Scepter-Verdict, and you can't just sit on Wail forever (Invigorate counters it if you try to kill with either mode). W
    OTD I can't beat Scepter-Verdict. L

3-3

Innocent Blood. LL

0-6

21 points total. Ouch.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 05-20-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Feb 2014

A round for the gobbos!
    I hesitated with Liliana / nether spirit, fast dreadnough, and plague engineer.

2-2, I had factored in the 1-elf MU, not the 2 elfs one.

6-0, I am too fast

6-0, too fast. Also, gather does not work well with scepter..

6-0. I always keep 1 gob and attack with 7 (14), 6 (9), 5 (4), 5.

0-6. Gobs get to die of old age...

6-0, it's basically the same as infect for me. Winning the gob mirror!

0-6 I guess? was not expecting double elf, certainly not triple one. Engineer would have been good.. If I draw vs 2 elves, I lose to three.

6-0. Not the ideal round for tabernacle. Should do better next round ;)

6-0. That's slow?

6-0. The infect I expected.

2-2. I would like to say great minds think alike, if I hadn't just stolen your deck :)

me

3-3. Close to my first choice, except I would have run lili of the veil.

4-1. Wail works only if not imprinted.

6-0, gobs are fast.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    This is me, on fast poison.

I cannot default the Bridge. LL
    OTP you should go T2 win?
    Should be WL.

GoblinPillowMaster Results for Round "Pillow Fight"

Pillow Fight: Creatures have indestructible and hexproof.

2 blockers 2-2

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash! 6-0

I shall not pass 0-6

Goblin smash goblin! 6-0

edit: 2 blockers + 1 attacker :( 0-6

Indestructible goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash! 6-0

That's me smashing with Goblins!!

That's you smashing with Goblins :( 2-2

Pox 3-3

Wail 4-1

Goblin smash! 6-0

Total: 59 points

Wow, awkward first round.

I always thought tabernacle was a sac ability, but I never played legacy.

I thought much more Bridge deck would be played. I initially submitted a bridge.dek with neonate before making the swap :). Brillant since Bridge was a good deck!

0-6 : Can not deal with two infect menace
    0-6 : Can not deal with recursive Pox
    0-6 : Can not beat Recursive Verdict
    4-1 OTP, I block elf with nexus, -1-1 kills both of them. Neonate wins the race
    OTD Chump then chump and elf dies
    6-0 : Neonate drains you to death
    0-6 OTD, Moon I died. OTP, I lead with neonate. You have to play warboss since moon is blocked forever.
    Tr2 I play Nexus, Tr2 you attack with 2 2/2 and 1/1, I block with 2 among warboss (-1-1 counter) is 1/1 20-19
    Tr3 I play Tabernacle, Tr3 you can not attack with warboss so with 2 2/2 and a 1/1, I block 1/1 with nexus, 20-17 EOT drain you 1 life 19-18
    Repeat this turn until I die because we lose 1 life each turn and you start with higher total
    0-6 : Can not deal with three infect menace
    0-6 You combo me
    4-1 OTP, I block elf with nexus, -1-1 kills both of them. Neonate wins the race
    0-6 Tabernacle does nothing
    0-6 Tabernacle does nothing
    2-2 I do nothing, If you move, I discard
    0-6 : Can not beat Recursive Verdict
    2-2 : Nexus Mirror

24 Points \o/

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    OTP you should go T2 win?
    Should be WL.
    I assume alpha saw the Bridge comes down on T1 but missed that 1/1 Elf can still attack for 10 through Bridge while Tongs is in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    A round for the gobbos!
    I hesitated with Liliana / nether spirit, fast dreadnough, and plague engineer.

3-3. Close to my first choice, except I would have run lili of the veil.
    Good choice. Had I thought more about how much easier it is for Nether Spirit to stare in this format, I might have gone for Lili instead. It lets you be proactive while still being able to remove creatures after, while reactive Pox gets stuck drawing.

I thought the LD would be important vs decks like Energy Field, Isochron Scepter, or Bridge-Tongs but Lili is better vs Infect. I thought there would be more control to stop Empty and Infect, but people played to the spirit of the round instead.

Thread Information