Page 260 of 332 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Last night no more decks came in, so I guess this is it. Let's start the round.

DECKS FOR ROUND 10 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Peacekeeper: Creatures can't attack.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory
    3. dte: Daze, Underground Sea, Shrieking Affliction, Sleeper Agent
    4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich
    5. alphastryk: Phyrexian Tower, Shield Sphere, Sleeper Agent, Sleeper Agent
    6. silkster: Swamp, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of Sanctity, Specter's Shriek
    7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun
    8. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Swamp, Raze, Sleeper Agent
    9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within
    10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Go Blank, Shrieking Affliction , Dark Ritual
    12. Wrath of Pie: Scoured Barrens, Karakas, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tyrant's Choice
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage
    14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round "Don't play Energy Field. Oops...":

1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field <-me
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory LL
    3. dte: Daze, Underground Sea, Shrieking Affliction, Sleeper Agent LL
    4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich LL
    EDIT: Misunderstood the mechanics. You get to infinitely complete good dungeons as long as you don't complete the bad one.
    5. alphastryk: Phyrexian Tower, Shield Sphere, Sleeper Agent, Sleeper Agent LL
    6. silkster: Swamp, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of Sanctity, Specter's Shriek LL
    7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun LL
    8. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Swamp, Raze, Sleeper Agent LL
    9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within LL (nice deck)
    10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction LL
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Go Blank, Shrieking Affliction , Dark Ritual DD
    EDIT: I don't play any cards. Go Blank makes me discard two, but the other two remain in hand and Affliction can't hurt me. Of course I can't try for a win, but this should be enough for two draws.
    12. Wrath of Pie: Scoured Barrens, Karakas, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tyrant's Choice LL
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage DD
    I play Valley and Volc, keep Field and Megaliths in hand. You can only win by making me discard a card. If you do, I discard Megaliths and then cast Energy Field for the draws.
    14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity LL

Total: 4 points. I really need to stop playing Energy Field.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-04-2021 at 04:33 AM.

Preliminary analysis:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field WW
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory LL ?? Not sure whether i get to cast smallpox twice before Blooms unsuspend. See below.
    3. dte: Daze, Underground Sea, Shrieking Affliction, Sleeper Agent LL, Daze on Smallpox and I am screwed it seems.
    4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich WL I guess
    5. alphastryk: Phyrexian Tower, Shield Sphere, Sleeper Agent, Sleeper Agent WW
    6. silkster: Swamp, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of Sanctity, Specter's Shriek DD LL it seems, you snatch smallpox before i can cast it., but shrieking affliction races agent. So you have to settle for draw.
    7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun WW
    8. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Swamp, Raze, Sleeper Agent WL it seems. LL
    9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within WW, maybe
    10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction ME
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Go Blank, Shrieking Affliction , Dark Ritual LL DD WL, it appears you've discovered anti eldrazi recycling tech, but OTP discard Kozilek and smallpox to Go Blank and just cast Shrieking Affliction which will hit you first.
    12. Wrath of Pie: Scoured Barrens, Karakas, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tyrant's Choice WL OTP i resolve smallpox before you can wheel
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Ursurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage WW i think
    14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity LL, I lose smallpox before I can cast it. DD

Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction
    Vs
    Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory

OTP:
    J: Stronghold
    G: Suspend Bloom x 2
    J: Smallpox -> Noxious Revival
    G: Blooms (2)
    J: Draw Kozi
    G: Blooms (1)
    J: Draw Smallpox
    G: Blooms (0), Barren Glory
    J: Draw Stronghold
    G: Win
    Last edited by jhhdk; 09-07-2021 at 01:43 AM.

I didn't think this would do well, but I lacked time to really dig into anything, so I decided to go fast and stupid.

My combo wins on turn 2 when not disrupted. Aluren allows me to play Acererak for free, he gives me a venture and bounces himself. I go through Lost Mine of Phandelver infinite times, hitting Dark Pool enough times to win (non-targeting and life loss). On the downside, I'm pretty disruptable.

1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field // 6-0, no disruption.
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory // 6-0, I'm faster.
    3. dte: Daze, Underground Sea, Shrieking Affliction, Sleeper Agent // 0-6, I really thought Daze was gone.
    5. alphastryk: Phyrexian Tower, Shield Sphere, Sleeper Agent, Sleeper Agent // 6-0, no disruption.
    6. silkster: Swamp, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of Sanctity, Specter's Shriek // 0-6, bad vs discard.
    7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun // 6-0, no disruption.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Swamp, Raze, Sleeper Agent // 0-6, need my land.
    9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within // 6-0, won't have mana fast enough to disrupt.
    10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction // 3-3, Smallpox disrupts, but only on turn 2.
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Go Blank, Shrieking Affliction , Dark Ritual // 2-2, hold my cards
    12. Wrath of Pie: Scoured Barrens, Karakas, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tyrant's Choice // 6-0, no disruption.
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage // 3-3, either walker disrupts, but only on turn 2.
    14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity // 0-6, bad vs discard.

44 points. Not as bad as I anticipated.
    Last edited by PJim; 09-02-2021 at 09:57 AM.

I would like to apologize to Asthereal for the late minute submission and the format of my entry but it is difficult with a phone.

So creatures cannot attack. so we will have strict win conditions like Approach of the Second Sun.
    We will have direct damages like Keldon Megaliths.
    So it appears very quickly thqt LL of sanctity will be greaat.
    Sleeper agent does not win over LL but as creatures will not be abble to attack I assumed that people will not go with removals, and with a 1ccm it is very effective.

1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field
    I discard your energy field. You cannot target me with keldon because of LL.
    Agent will deal 2 damage by turn whereas valley earn you only 1 life. you will die slowly
    WW 6 pts -> 6pts

Sadly for you you will have a sleeper agent on the battlefield
    WW 6 pts -> 12 pts

OTP I play swamp and sleeper and keeping LL in hand not to take damage from shrieking afflcition. then you will die first
    OTD I cannot win. so i just land LL and then we stare
    WD 4 pts -> 16 pts

I duress your aluren
    WW 6 pts -> 22 pts

I cannot win because of phyrexian tower.
    But LL prevent you to give me your sleeper agents

DD 2 pts -> 24 pts

We stare with our LL
    DD 2 pts -> 26 pts

7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun
    I cannot do anything
    LL

LL avoid you give me a sleeper
    I give you mine and win
    WW 6 pts -> 32 pts

9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within
    I discard your beast within, then you cannot do anything
    WW 6 pts -> 38 pts

10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction
    Affliction is faster than sleper agent and I cannot beat small pox so i go for the draw.
    I do not play either LL and agent not to take damage from affliction. and I duress your small pox

DD 2 pts -> 40 pts

OTP I duress your affliction and win
    OTD I cannot win so i go for the draw by doing nothing
    WD 4 pts -> 44 pts

12. Wrath of Pie: Scoured Barrens, Karakas, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tyrant's Choice
    Duress your wheel and win

WW 6 pts ->50 pts

13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage
    OTP
    T1 agent
    T1 FTW18, remote farm
    T2 duress kaya
    T2 FTW16, davriel FTW 17 and you will loose the race but it is close

OTD you will be faster so I just land LL and we stare

WD 4 pts -> 54 pts

15W 9D 2L
    Not so bad for my first idea

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich WW
    Had to read all these. But creatures can't attack so I don't die and you do because of Megaliths?
    I think you die to him going infinite into dungeons.
    Lost mine of Phandelver

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post

4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich WW
    Had to read all these. But creatures can't attack so I don't die and you do because of Megaliths?
    Sadly for you you will loose t2. He will be able to play infinite numbers of time Acererak as he will bounceback in hand if he as not completed the dungeon of the tomb of anihilation.
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...MygAegUIARCoAQ

so for each time acererak will enter the battlefield he we be able to enter a dungeon (the one he wants) and venture a step.
    He we be able to execute infinite number of time each steps of the lost mine of phandelver for example.
    With this particualr stepEach opponent looses 1life and you gain 1life.

Sohe will infinite damage you t2 even with field in play

Feb 2014

6-0, I am way faster.

6-0. I thought of this deck as it would beat LLoS and duress (which I thought would be the two major players), before thinking orchard and generous gift were great and would also be played this round. Turns out all four were played, but not to a large extent at all.

me, thinking of aggressive tempo would be good, likely drawing vs LLoS and not bad vs the rest of the field.

6-0, Daze FTW

0-6. Phyrexian tower, smart choice!

2-2. You just play LLoS

0-6. Cannot do anything against this deck.

3-3. First agent wins, as you do not have to commit more cards.

6-0. I am faster, and 2 threats > 1 answer.

6-0. OTD, I start with agent. If you cast smallpox, I daze, you have no lands and will lose to agent. So you can only cast affliction. If you cast it, it resolves. You still have to make a move not to die to agent. I daze smallpox if you cast it, and resolve affliction.

6-0. I daze go blank if you try to cast it.

6-0, daze wheel.

0-6. Davriel makes sure to eat the daze for resolving Kaya, and Kaya wins.

1-4, OTP you play LLoS and nothing else. OTD you win the agent race.

I did not get the field right, but did fine.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I think you die to him going infinite into dungeons.
    Lost mine of Phandelver
    Oooh I misunderstood the card completely. I thought he could only complete that dumb dungeon, but he gets to complete all the other ones as much as he wants, as long as he doesn't complete the dumb one.
    Right. I guess I just die then.

I expected a bunch of recursive grindy decks, so I wanted gy hate. It also turns out to be decent vs combo.

DECKS FOR ROUND 10 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Peacekeeper: Creatures can't attack.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field WW 6-0

You can’t do anything if I exile 2 cards WW 6-0

You can’t do anything with 2 cards WW 6-0

You can’t do anything with 2 cards. WL 3-3

Leyline :( DL 1-4

Leyline LL 0-6

Mountain and raze trade with dark ritual/Go Blank/swamp no matter who goes first. And my clock is a few turns faster. WW 6-0.

You can’t do anything with only 2 cards WW 6-0

Graveyard hate coming in clutch. WL 3-3

You can’t do anything with only 2 cards WW 6-0

You can’t do anything with only 2 cards. WW 6-0

14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity Leyline DL 1-4

Wow I did much better than expected.
    Edit: affliction is not just a black rack.
    16D + 2D 8L for 18/78.
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 09-02-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post

I expected a bunch of recursive grindy decks, so I wanted gy hate. It also turns out to be decent vs combo.
    Wow I did much better than expected.

16W 2D 8L for 50/78.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I do not think your deck can win against any 4CB deck.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I do not think your deck can win against any 4CB deck.
    Oh no. I think you're right. If we just sit there and play no cards, Reep can only make us discard two of them, and Affliction can't kill us.
    Adjusting my scores...

1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field WW
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory LL
    4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich LL
    5. alphastryk: Phyrexian Tower, Shield Sphere, Sleeper Agent, Sleeper Agent LL
    6. silkster: Swamp, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of Sanctity, Specter's Shriek LL
    7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun WW - I'm guessing that you get all your points because of Leyline of Sanctity.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Swamp, Raze, Sleeper Agent LL
    9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within LL
    10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction WL
    11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Go Blank, Shrieking Affliction , Dark Ritual DD - I get points for doing nothing. If only actual Magic were that easy.
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage WL
    14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity LL

6w2d = 20 points

Thalia would have been way better, but I couldn't figure out a way to make it work with what we have legal.

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): You hold back Energy Field to protect it, so I can't win, but I can discard the 3rd land to stop your wincon. DD 2-2
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Davriel discards 2 before your turn 4, and Kaya can exile Barren Glory from graveyard. WW 6-0
    3. dte: Davriel trades with Daze, then Kaya can exile your other cards and win. WW 6-0
    4. PJim: OTP I get T2 Davriel to discard a combo piece or T2 Kaya to exile Lumberjack. OTD you win on turn 2. WL 3-3
    5. alphastryk: I take a lot of early damage, but Kaya eventually kills both Agents. WW 6-0
    6. silkster: You reveal Leyline. OTD you discard Kaya so I can't answer Sleeper Agent. OTP Davriel races Sleeper Agent if you discard Kaya, but I can't make you discard, so you do nothing and we draw. DL 1-4
    7. maxx!: I can't beat Leyline. LL 0-6
    8. RoosterCocoa: Raze kills Remote Farm before I can do anything. LL 0-6
    9. mattamort: You can't cast Beast Within until your turn 4. By my turn 3, I've already cast both walkers, discarded 2 cards and exiled them. WW 6-0
    10. jhhdk: You have this down as WW, probably because of Smallpox. But I don't see how you can actually win. If I just do nothing, Affliction can't do anything, so you have to aggro-Smallpox vs my empty board (I discard Davriel). Then it takes you 4 turns to Smallpox again (Library = Smallpox, Kozilek, Stronghold) which gives me time to play out Kaya to remove Affliction and then gain life. Interplanar Beacon also gains me 1 life to break the Smallpox symmetry. If I do nothing, I think you have to just hold Smallpox to answer my Remote Farm, so we both stare. DD 2-2
    11. Reeplcheep: Dark Ritual and discard 2s are still unbanned? Interesting. Your Rack deck is faster than mine, but it also can't win. I do nothing. DD 2-2
    12. Wrath of Pie: OTP T2 Davriel discards one of the two combo pieces. From there you can't win. OTD you play Wheel first, so I can't interact with your wincon and yours is faster. WL 3-3
    14. Serguei: You reveal Leyline. OTD you discard Kaya so I can't answer Sleeper Agent. OTP Davriel races Sleeper Agent if you discard Kaya, but I can't make you discard, so you do nothing and we draw. DL 1-4

38 points (10 wins, 8 draws, 8 loss)

My other deck was dte's fav: Sunscorched Desert, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Dimir Aqueduct, Reality Acid

I expected that to see more play. I thought Kaya + Davriel would be good against Stylus, and that Kaya's -1 would also be good against Shrieking Affliction and Sleeper Agent (which did end up seeing a lot of play). I also expected slower combos like Barren Glory, but missed that Aluren combo was possible on turn 2.

I get wrecked by Leyline, Energy Field, and LD. In this meta Stylus would have done a lot better. (43+ pts?)
    Last edited by FTW; 09-02-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

6. silkster: You reveal Leyline and T1 discard my Kaya. Then I can't answer Sleeper Agent or damage you with Davriel, so you win. LL 0-6
    14. Serguei: Like silkster, you can Duress Kaya and then I can't interact with Sleeper Agent. LL 0-6
    For me we cannot win the race against davriel when we are OTD
    T1 remote
    T1 swamp duress like taking kaya
    T2 interplanar Davriel you go to 21. Discard if LL is not in play, nothing otherwise but we have only sleeper agent in hand
    T2 we are going to 18 because only 1 card in hand Davriel does not target. so you will win the race even if we play agent

So we have to only land LL and do not play anything else to force the draw

I agree.
    At best you can force the draw.

Feb 2014

FTW vs Asthereal, isn't it 4-1 for Asthereal?
    OTP A can play its three lands and win from there, discarding field (yes, bad card).

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Let's see how this went, Sleeper Agent seemed like the meta call to me as a creature that's better when creatures can't attack but it might have been too obvious. Tower beats the Sleeper Agent mirror as well as letting me double up on Agents turn 1, but no disruption is a risk.

Sleeper Agent > Energy Field. WW

6-0

Sleeper Agent turns off Barren Glory. WW

6-0

I really thought Affliction was already banned. OTP I can double Agent and Tower beats your Agent, so I win the race. OTD Daze slows me down a turn and only lets me play out a single Agent which isn't enough, but I can play Tower and stare to force a draw. WD

4-1

You have a powerful fast combo and I have no disruption. LL

0-6

This is me

Leyline stops my Sleeper Agents, but Tower stops yours and I will decline to play anything else to force the draw. DD

2-2

Can't beat Leyline. LL

0-6

2 Agents > 1 Agent. WW

6-0

Nice design to beat Leyline, but too slow to beat double Agent, even if you Beast Within one of them. WW

6-0

Smallpox is surprisingly good tech against Sleeper Agents. LL

0-6

OTP I jam double Agent and race, OTD if you Go Blank me I do nothing else and we draw. WD

4-1

My 4 damage per turn clock starts 2 turns earlier, and you can't get rid of the Agents. WW

6-0

13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Ursurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage
    Can't beat Kaya. LL

0-6

I can't beat Leyline but you can't beat Tower. DD

2-2

Total: 42 points

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    For me we cannot win the race against davriel when we are OTD
    T1 remote
    T1 swamp duress like taking kaya
    T2 interplanar Davriel you go to 21. Discard if LL is not in play, nothing otherwise but we have only sleeper agent in hand
    T2 we are going to 18 because only 1 card in hand Davriel does not target. so you will win the race even if we play agent

So we have to only land LL and do not play anything else to force the draw
    Oh interesting. I forgot Davriel's damage does not target, so it gets around Leyline. I cannot make you discard, but it can damage you if you play things.

OTD I could race T2 Sleeper Agent (Beacon gains 1 life), but you can play T1 Agent and still discard Kaya on T2, winning the race.

Sep 2011

FTW vs Asthereal, isn't it 4-1 for Asthereal?
    OTP A can play its three lands and win from there, discarding field (yes, bad card).
    Davriel deals 2 per turn. Asthereal's deck can gain 1 and deal 1 per turn. That's about an equal clock, but I break the symmetry with Interplanar Beacon's +2 life and by eventually activating Kaya's -5 for X=1 (exile Energy Field from GY), so I should win this race. But I can't beat Energy Field.

Thread Information