Page 263 of 332 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

8. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Lodestone Golem

1. Asthereal (TO): Chrome Mox, Chancellor of the Dross, Divest, Maze of Ith LL
    2. PJim: Tropical Island, Mutavault, Mayor of Avabruck, Daze WL
    3. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Divest, Witch's Oven, Cauldron Familiar WL
    4. mattamort: Chancellor of the dross, Chancellor of the dross, Chancellor of the dross, Soul spike WW
    5. Serguei: Chancellor of the Dross; Chancellor of the Dross; Chancellor of the Dross; Soul Spike WW
    6. alphastryk: Forest, Old-Growth Dryads, Old-Growth Dryads, Old-Growth Dryads WD
    7. dte: chancellor of the dross, chancellor of the dross, chancellor of the dross, soul spike WW
    9. jhhdk: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Mishra's Factory, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth WD
    10. maxx!: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine WL
    11. silkster: Tropical Island, Old-Growth Dryads, Daze, Leyline of Punishment WL
    12. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Daze, Morophon, the Boundless WL

13w2d = 41 points

For those confused on the turn debate, Magic Online pretty much goes by what Asthereal has said, so there is official basis in that definition. (Which is funny, because tournament extra turns don't follow that procedure, and that might have been what people expected.)
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 09-09-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Feb 2014

How to go from great to bad, from not asking questions:

1. Asthereal (TO): Chrome Mox, Chancellor of the Dross, Divest, Maze of Ith
    6-0

2. PJim: Tropical Island, Mutavault, Mayor of Avabruck, Daze
    0-6

3. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Divest, Witch's Oven, Cauldron Familiar
    6-0. On tempo, you cannot attack with cat because of spike.

4. mattamort: Chancellor of the dross, Chancellor of the dross, Chancellor of the dross, Soul spike
    2-2.

5. Serguei: Chancellor of the Dross; Chancellor of the Dross; Chancellor of the Dross; Soul Spike
    2-2

6. alphastryk: Forest, Old-Growth Dryads, Old-Growth Dryads, Old-Growth Dryads
    0-6. I need to read the rules

7. dte: chancellor of the dross, chancellor of the dross, chancellor of the dross, soul spike
    me

0-6, you do 45 dmg to my 26 differential

9. jhhdk: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Mishra's Factory, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    6-0. You have to play smallpox twice before animating mishra to not lose it to spike. Way to slow.

10. maxx!: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine
    6-0. You attack 9 times for 2, I get 22 life differential.

11. silkster: Tropical Island, Old-Growth Dryads, Daze, Leyline of Punishment
    0-6.

12. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Daze, Morophon, the Boundless
    0-6

That's about half the score I thought I had first, but it could have ended up way worse :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I definitely assumed this was 10 turns total (5 each if no extra turns were taken), but this is one of those phrases where English is a dumb language and it means both at the same time. My boring no effort / 3 threats plan was to goldfish a kill before that turn and to beat 4x Chancellor by dealing 27 damage by my turn 5 (Soul Spike puts a dent in that plan though). Because we play 10 turns each, that's enough for me to beat the Chancellor decks Soul Spike or not.

3 threats beats Divest + Maze. WW

6-0

Mayor is infinite threats which I can't beat, and Daze has text. This is a much better deck than mine. LL

0-6

You Divest one of my 3/3s and can block + sac a second but a swing of 3 life per turn from the unblocked Dryad beats the 2 point swing per turn from Cat + oven. WW

6-0

4. mattamort: Chancellor of the dross, Chancellor of the dross, Chancellor of the dross, Soul spike
    Given 10 turns each, I race. WW

6-0

5. Serguei: Chancellor of the Dross; Chancellor of the Dross; Chancellor of the Dross; Soul Spike

6-0

My lazy entry

7. dte: chancellor of the dross, chancellor of the dross, chancellor of the dross, soul spike

6-0

OTP I jam a 3/3 which can block so we stare. OTD I do nothing and get smashed by the Golem. DL

1-4

9. jhhdk: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Mishra's Factory, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    I can't beat Smallpox and you have time to get in once with Factory before the time limit. LL

0-6

This is a race, given 10 turns each one of us will win the race before the time limit. I think that I'm better equipped for the race because I have more power and your Rootwallas can't trade, only chump block if needed. Seems like I should always come out ahead. WW

6-0

Leyline of Punishment is really good tech for this round but doesn't affect my deck. Daze takes care of one of my Dryads, but ultimately I end up with 2 Dryads to your 2 Dryad. WW

6-0

12. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Daze, Morophon, the Boundless
    OTP I get down a blocker for Lackey then make more Dryads to attack past Lackey for the win. OTD you get down Lackey and can Daze my blocker to make Morophon. I can't win a race from here and leaving up blockers means I lose to sudden death. WL

3-3

Total: 46 points

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "20 Turns"

Maze :( 0-6

Goblin smash, then Daze 3-3

Goblin smash, then Divest 4-1

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash 3-3

Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash 3-3

Goblin smash! 4-1

Better aggro 0-6

Goblin stare 2-2

That's me playing Goblins!

Total: 37 points

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "No goblin smashing"

1. Asthereal (TO): Volcanic Island, Sheltered Valley, Keldon Megaliths, Energy Field
    Glory! 6-0

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Noxious Revival, Barren Glory
    That's me not allowed to smash

3. dte: Daze, Underground Sea, Shrieking Affliction, Sleeper Agent
    Agent :( 0-6

4. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich
    Combo 0-6

5. alphastryk: Phyrexian Tower, Shield Sphere, Sleeper Agent, Sleeper Agent

6. silkster: Swamp, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of Sanctity, Specter's Shriek

7. maxx!: Leyline of Sanctity, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated, Approach of the Second Sun
    Glory! 6-0

8. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Swamp, Raze, Sleeper Agent

9. mattamort: Subterranean Hangar, Forbidden orchard, Rakdos Charm, Beast Within
    Orchard :( 0-6

10. jhhdk: Ebon Stronghold, Smallpox, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Shrieking Affliction
    Glory! 6-0

11. Reeplcheep: Swamp , Go Blank, Shrieking Affliction , Dark Ritual
    No glory 2-2

12. Wrath of Pie: Scoured Barrens, Karakas, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Tyrant's Choice
    Glory! 6-0

13. FTW: Remote Farm, Interplanar Beacon, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage
    Discard 0-6

14. Serguei: Swamp, Duress, Sleeper Agent, Leyline of sanctity

Total: 26 points

OTP I Divest your Chrome Mox and use Cauldron Familiar and Oven to win. OTD you divest my Cauldron Familiar and I can't do anything. WL

I can't beat Mutavault + Daze. LL

I can't catch up to your life lead since you have Soul Spike. LL

Three creatures is too much for me. LL

OTP I Divest the Lodestone Golem, OTD you play Lodestone Golem and I can't play anything. WL

OTP I can play both Cauldron Familiar and Witch's Oven before you Smallpox. This means Smallpox can never kill the Cauldron Familiar, since I can sacrifice it with Witch's Oven in response, and then bring it back after Smallpox resolves. You also can't win by attacking with Mishra's Factory, since I can block with Cauldron Familiar and then sacrifice it. This means I win no matter what you do. OTD your Smallpox means I can't keep anything but Witch's Oven in play, so you win by attacking twice with Mishra's Factory. WL

OTP I Divest a Basking Rootwalla and you can't do anything. OTD you do too much damage for me to catch up. WL

OTP I Divest your Old-Growth Dryads, you Daze my Cauldron Familiar, and we draw. OTD you play Old-Growth Dryads and Daze my Cauldron Familiar so I can't do anything. DL

OTP I play Cauldron Familiar and never attack. You play Goblin Lackey, but if you ever attack I trade our creatures and win due to my life lead and if you don't attack I win for the same reason. You can't do anything else so I win. OTD you play Goblin Lackey, Daze whatever I play next and get Morophon, which I can't beat. WL

5W 1D 16L = 16

I had thought I found a great deck involving Library of Leng and Radiant Solar, only to learn at the last moment that Library of Leng doesn't work if you discard a card as part of a cost. This meant I had little time to come up with another deck, and as expected it didn't do well.

Looking at next round, how do cards like Rest in Peace interact with the round rule? I don't know the rules well enough to know how multiple of these effects interact.

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    Looking at next round, how do cards like Rest in Peace interact with the round rule? I don't know the rules well enough to know how multiple of these effects interact.
    APNAP should be the name of the game.

Feb 2014

No apnap, two replacement effects with choice given to the owner of the card:RiP is a bad idea.

I disagree with both of the above. The round rule is a change to the game rules, and the card effect then has the golden rule applied, so RiP should apply every time.

maxx!: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine

OTP I get my whole team, and even with Maze on Vengevine I easily swing the life totals enough in time. OTD you Divest a Rootwalla (which I then cast), and then on my turn I get the second Rootwalla. I can't get any damage past Maze until my second turn, but that leaves me 9 turns to double attack, dropping you to 14 to my 17. 6-0

You have inevitability but I have speed. Seems like it could be close. OTP I go off and attack for 4. You play a land and pass. I attack for 6 (you're at 10), and then you play the Mayor. I attack and you can't really block, so you go to 4. The Mayor flips on your upkeep, and then you get a token. Now I can't attack, because the token trades with Vengevine while the Mayor and Mutavault can eat my Rootwallas for free. After that, you can start safely attacking with new tokens. You've got 7 turns of that, which should be enough to kill me (or at least get me below 4). 0-6

OTP should be an easy win for me. Vengevine connects at least once, and then the whole team attacks every turn. The best you can do is block Vengevine before saccing the cat, so both Rootwallas connect for 2 every turn, but your cat loop makes a 2 point lifeswing every turn. Those should even out, but I started ahead in the race, so I win that one. OTD you Divest a Rootwalla (which I cast), then I cast my second one and attack for 1. You play Familiar and pass. I can attack with both Rootwallas now and you can't block or you lose your loop, but that leaves me open to a counterattack on top of your ETB trigger. So every turn I would attack for 2, then you would hit me back for 2 and gain 1. My other option is to hold one back to threaten to block, but in that case you don't ever have to attack, since your loop by itself is a 2 point swing to my 1. 3-3

This is super interesting. Play or draw shouldn't matter, since I get 10 turns regardless and you can play Soul Spike whenever you want. On my first turn I go off, and you Spike my Vengevine before it attacks. That puts you up to 33 while I'm at 11. I need 11 attacks to even things out, which is more than 10 turns. 0-6

Nice deck. See above. 0-6

This is too beefy for me and I'm not fast enough to race. 0-6

This again. 0-6

OTP I hit you with Vengevine and then stare at your Golem until turn 10. OTD I can't do anything. 3-3

I think I should be fast enough to beat this. OTD you play a land, I go off and hit you for 4 (20 vs 16). You have to Smallpox or I'll just attack into your open Factory with Vengevine every turn, so you do (19 vs 15). I sac a Rootwalla, and then attack you back on my turn for 5 (19 vs 10). You draw Kozilek and pass. I attack for 5 again (19 vs 5). You draw Smallpox and pass. I attack for lethal. 6-0

This is me :]

OTP I hit you for 4 to begin, and then I can stare at your Dryad until time is called. OTD you can Daze one Rootwalla, but I still get Vengevine and attack. Your 3/3 can't race my 4/3, and if you trade then I just start hitting with Rootwalla. 6-0

Daze can only stop 1 Rootwalla, and I always get Vengevine. I leave one creature back to block Lackey, and attack you with the other every turn. 6-0

6+0+3+0+0+0+0+3+6+6+6 = 30

I read the round rule to mean 10 turns each (20 turns total), but to be fair I didn't do a lot of math around it. 10 turns seemed like a long enough time that I couldn't think of anything interesting, so I mostly ignored the round rule. I thought Vengevine was fast enough to hopefully get an attack or two in before getting stonewalled by anything, and is pretty resilient to counterspells and somewhat resilient to discard. I totally missed the Chancellor + Soul Spike deck, which seems quite good even with the turn limit misunderstandings.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    The round rule is a change to the game rules, and the card effect then has the golden rule applied, so RiP should apply every time.
    Not what I had in mind originally, but I think this is too elegant to not apply.
    So let's go for this one.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

On the disagreements:

I agree with Roostercocoa's logic vs jhhdk and GoblinSmashmaster

For jhhdk vs GoblinSmashmaster, I agree with Goblin, jhhdk can draw on the play by holding Factory back and not trying to smallpox. I think jhhdk should also get a point vs silkster for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    On the disagreements:

I agree with Roostercocoa's logic vs jhhdk and GoblinSmashmaster

For jhhdk vs GoblinSmashmaster, I agree with Goblin, jhhdk can draw on the play by holding Factory back and not trying to smallpox. I think jhhdk should also get a point vs silkster for the same reason.
    I agree too. I've updated my results.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Looks like Rooster's analysis against Gobbo is correct, and the other disagreements are resolved.
    So here's standings for the round:
    1. PJim: 54 - 4,9
    2. alphastryk: 46 - 4,2
    3. Wrath of Pie: 41 - 3,7
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 36 - 3,3
    5. silkster: 34 - 3,1
    6. maxx!: 30 - 2,7
    7. mattamort: 28 - 2,5
    7. Serguei: 28 - 2,5
    7. dte: 28 - 2,5
    10. Asthereal (TO): 24 - 2,2
    11. jhhdk: 17 - 1,5
    12. RoosterCocoa: 16 - 1,5

Which leads to these bannings:
    Dark Ritual
    Daze
    Lodestone Golem
    Mayor of Avabruck
    Mutavault
    Old-Growth Dryads
    Tropical Island

Season standings look as follows now:
    1. Serguei: 38,9
    2. dte: 38
    3. silkster: 37,7
    3. PJim: 37,7
    5. mattamort: 34,9
    6. maxx!: 34,3
    7. alphastryk: 34
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 33
    9. FTW: 32,9
    10. Tylert: 29,6
    11. RoosterCocoa: 27,5
    12. Wrath of Pie: 24,6
    13. Reeplcheep: 21,2
    14. Asthereal (TO): 20,3
    15. jhhdk: 18,2
    16. Phasmoid: 17,1
    17. H: 10
    18. shiftyhomunculus: 3,1

So Serguei is still on top, but it's very close between the top 4.

Sep 2011

Dark Ritual's banning has a big impact on the next round.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Dark Ritual's banning has a big impact on the next round.
    Daze as well. Up to now I didn't think past daze :/

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Daze as well. Up to now I didn't think past daze :/
    Yeah, I have no idea what to play yet. I hope I'll find something and be able to open the round tonight. Gonna be tough...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

So I have a deck. It's the crappiest deck ever, but it's a deck. So let's het this round going.

ROUND 12 OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play The Wheel: If a card would be put into a player's graveyard from anywhere, instead that card is put on the bottom of that player's library. (This is a change to the game rules. Cards that replace this effect with another take precedent.)

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 12, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 15th of September at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Quicksand, Desert, Suq'Ata Lancer.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R12 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck building!

Resubmitted.

Thread Information