Page 264 of 332 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Resubmitted.
    Got it.

Also, dte please submit a legal deck.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and I'm missing a few regulars, among whom FTW and GoblinSmashmaster.
    I'll give you guys a bit more time while I do work stuff.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I think this is what we can expect for the round, so let's go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 12 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play The Wheel: If a card would be put into a player's graveyard from anywhere, instead that card is put on the bottom of that player's library. (This is a change to the game rules. Cards that replace this effect with another take precedent.)

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Tundra, Mishra's Factory, Waterfront Bouncer, Blazing Hope
    2. Reeplcheep: Mountain, Grapeshot, Conspicous Snoop, Skirk Prospector
    3. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Rishadan Port, Hangarback Walker, Ratchet Bomb
    4. PJim: Plains, Plateau, Prismatic Ending, Gather the Townsfolk
    5. alphastryk: Crystal Vein, Thorn of Amethyst, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    6. RoosterCocoa: Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    7. jhhdk: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Mindbreak Trap, Grapeshot
    8. dte: Crystal vein, Trinisphere, Grim monolith, Urza's saga
    9. silkster: Island, Mausoleum Wanderer, Vapor Snag, Sea's Claim
    10. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Manamorphose, Grapeshot
    11. Serguei: Hollow One, Hollow One, Hollow One, Street Wraith
    12. FTW: Underground Sea, Inkmoth Nexus, Sea's Claim, Mesmeric Fiend
    13. GoblinSmashmaster: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Karakas, Angel's Grace

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feb 2014

6-0. Trini takes hope away.

6-0. Trini > T2 combo.

3. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Rishadan Port, Hangarback Walker, Ratchet Bomb
    6-0. Trini ensure you cannot play spells, and constructs are bigger than factory.

6-0. Trini again.

3-3. Pseudo mirror. OTP, Trini wins. OTD, T1 thorn wins: I play vein. T2 seer. Saga and monolith. Seer n2, both 2/2. Saga on 2, token with vein. both 4/4. Saga on 3, second token both 3/3 with monolith, play vein. Your seers will outclass my constructs quickly.

6-0. Trini>>pact/grace.

6-0. I thought you would have to play a second manamorphose instead of the trap? In either case, trini.

Me. After losing my deck (Ragavan/volca/daze/bolt to last round banning, I proposed T1 Lodestone, not even realising it was banned as well in the same round. Asthereal told me so, I thought of doing the same with sphere of resistance. Banned. Then Raze instead of Daze in my initial deck. Banned. I thought Thorn would be too narrow and lose to Hollow one, so I went trini.

6-0. Trini T1.

6-0. Expected this one!

3-3. I thought of this one, but was afraid of T1 voidwalker (absent), T2 energy field (absent), and T2 combo. Order is cost addition, cost reduction, trini.

6-0. Trini T1 makes it a 11 turns clock vs saga constructs.

13. GoblinSmashmaster: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Karakas, Angel's Grace
    6-0. Twice this deck! I did not thought of it, but my deck is perfect against it.

Wow, this round went much better than expected. And my deck probably overperformed all the ones I wanted to play but were banned.
    I went well but did not guess the meta right: I was expecting a lot of T1 dauthi voidwalker, particularly after last round featuring phyrexian tower (happy not to see it), T1 Ragavan, and T2 Energy field (for once it would have been not crazy bad).

I was expecting more Spheres and similar effects, against which Ending is generally nuts. I got screwed by Gather's sorcery speed all the way back in round 1, but it's pretty good here without needing a stick.

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Tundra, Mishra's Factory, Waterfront Bouncer, Blazing Hope / 6-0, End Bouncer and spam dudes,
    2. Reeplcheep: Mountain, Grapeshot, Conspicous Snoop, Skirk Prospector / 6-0, You can't go off without Snoop in play first, right? In which case, I just End it.
    3. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Rishadan Port, Hangarback Walker, Ratchet Bomb / 2-2, You can't swing with factory without allowing me an attack, which becomes problematic for you when I start making 5 dudes.
    5. alphastryk: Crystal Vein, Thorn of Amethyst, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer / 6-0, I end anything you play.
    6. RoosterCocoa: Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan / 2-2, Every three turns you can make 2 4/4s. If you attack, I let you drop me to 4, and make 15 1/1s every three turns, which obviously holds. Unfortunately I can't win through Grace.
    7. jhhdk: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Mindbreak Trap, Grapeshot / 6-0, I think your combo doesn't work, you draw before Manamorphose hits your graveyard, so it won't be there to draw.
    8. dte: Crystal vein, Trinisphere, Grim monolith, Urza's saga / 0-6, Really thought I'd beat sphere effects, but not this one.
    9. silkster: Island, Mausoleum Wanderer, Vapor Snag, Sea's Claim / 2-2, Wanderer is forced to keep countering End.
    10. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Manamorphose, Grapeshot / 0-6
    11. Serguei: Hollow One, Hollow One, Hollow One, Street Wraith / 6-0, I let you get me down to 4 life, then making 5 dudes a turns wins.
    12. FTW: Underground Sea, Inkmoth Nexus, Sea's Claim, Mesmeric Fiend / 6-0, Sea's Claim is dead, Fiend gets Ended if it takes Gather, if it takes Ending I just spam dudes and win.
    13. GoblinSmashmaster: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Karakas, Angel's Grace / 2-2, As #6.

44 points
    Last edited by PJim; 09-16-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Feb 2014

@PJim: I think the pact deck is better at not losing than you give it credit for ;)

Sep 2011

Forgot Crystal Vein was still legal. Thought the last T1 acceleration was banned, so I played Sea's Claim to beat all the slow lands and disrupt T2 decks. Crystal Vein+Sphere gets around all of it. GG.

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play T2 Fiend, exiling Bouncer. Then Sea's Claim removes Factory. Inkmoth doesn't drop your life total so Blazing Hope is dead.
    OTD if you tap out for T2 Bouncer, I play Fiend exiling Blazing Hope (no cards left to discard to Bouncer), then Sea's Claim your Factory and race with Inkmoth. If you don't play Bouncer then Fiend exiles it and I Sea's Claim Factory. WW 6-0

2. Reeplcheep: You play T1 Mountain + Prospector. I Sea's Claim your Mountain and you can never play Snoop or replay Prospector. Then Fiend exiles Grapeshot for fun (not needed) and Inkmoth races Prospector. WW 6-0

3. Wrath of Pie: Pretty sure I lose this. LL 0-6

4. PJim: I can't cut you off white mana. Fiend has to exile Ending (otherwise you remove Fiend and get Ending back). Gather races Inkmoth and swarms around Inkmoth. LL 0-6

5. alphastryk: OTP I play T2 Fiend exiling a Steel Overseer (Thorn does nothing). Your other Overseer races Inkmoth, so I don't attack. If you attack with Overseer, I chump with Inkmoth (shrinking it), then replay Inkmoth and attack with Fiend. I can keep doing this forever and would kill you with Fiend, so you don't attack with Overseer and we stare.
    OTD you get 2 Overseers first and I can't beat that. DL 1-4

6. RoosterCocoa: You can make 3 4/4s on T1, but I can Sea's Claim your white source to prevent upkeep Angel's Grace... so you don't make any creatures. WW 6-0

7. jhhdk: T1 Sea's Claim shuts off this deck. OTP Fiend is also fast enough to exile Grapeshot. WW 6-0

8. dte: T1 Sphere wrecks me and Constructs swarm around Inkmoth. LL 0-6

9. silkster: OTP I play T1 Inkmoth to try to bait out Sea's Claim (forces draw after T2 Fiend taking Snag, then attacking into Wanderer to force infinite trades or else I race). Instead you play T1 Wanderer to race. I play T2 Fiend taking Sea's Claim. You attack me to 19. I attack back with Fiend but you can EOT Snag the Fiend [F=18], getting back Sea's Claim, then Sea's Claim my Inkmoth and race me. OTD is worse. LL 0-6

10. maxx!: Same as jhhdk. Sea's Claim shuts off this deck and Fiend is also fast enough OTP. WW 6-0

11. Serguei: Ah I thought of this deck but figured no one would play it because it has no outs to Energy Field and T2 combo. It gets under LD and discard though. LL 0-6

13. GoblinSmashmaster: Same as Rooster. If you make your 3 4/4s I Sea's Claim your land to stop Angel's Grace and you lose the game... so you make nothing. WW 6-0

37 points (12 wins, 1 draw)

Other decks I had
    T2 Storm
    T2 Energy Field
    T2 Rest in Peace/Voidwalker + removal + manland
    3x Hollow One
    Slow blue control

I saw this as a T2 format so I played T1 LD and T2 discard and played to ignore Rest in Peace. Completely missed T1 Sphere.
    I didn't take Hollow One seriously because it lost to the rest, but it's good in this field.
    Last edited by FTW; 09-16-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    I was expecting more Spheres and similar effects, against which Ending is generally nuts. I got screwed by Gather's sorcery speed all the way back in round 1, but it's pretty good here without needing a stick.

6. RoosterCocoa: Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan / 6-0, Every three turns you can make 2 4/4s. If you attack, I let you drop me to 4, and make 15 1/1s every three turns, which easily wins. If you hold, I End a Titan every two turns out of three, and make 2 1/1s on the other turn.
    2 problems here.

1) They can play infinite Angel's Grace to never lose the game, so how do you win?

2) The first time around it makes 3 4/4s on turn 1. Can you beat that if they play to drop you to 8 life and then attack for 8?
    T1 Upkeep Pact
    Draw that Pact
    2 Pacts + Plains

T2 Angel's Grace on upkeep, redraw 1 Pact.
    T3 redraw 2nd Pact.
    T4 Redraw Angel's Grace

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

This was a cool round - I went from various loop decks, including turn 2 storm (with Chatterstorm over Grapeshot because Leyline of Sanctity is still available), but ultimately realized Crystal Vein looping back every turn was just the best way to use the round rule, and it played well with Sphere effects to beat turn 2 storm. I wish I'd found Monolith -> 3ball though - its a much better sphere effect than Thorn.

I'm never able to grow overseers enough to get past Bouncer / Factory defenses but you're never able to attack because you must always play defense. DD

2-2

You can slow-roll your storm combo to get enough mana to play Grapeshot through Thorn. LL

0-6

Thorn stops Bomb, and 1 Walker will always grow more slowly than 2 Overseers - and Walker doesn't make tokens this round. WW

6-0

Great anti-sphere plan. LL

0-6

This is me

Thorn prevents you from using Angel's Grace no matter who goes first. WW

6-0

I think you need a 2nd Manamorphose or the storm deck doesn't work? The first copy is still on the stack when you draw a card from it. Either way, Thorn takes it. WW

6-0

The sphere mirror! OTP Thorn slows you down and prevents 3ball, and Overseers grow too fast for your Constructs to compete. OTD I can't beat 3ball. WL

3-3

Thorn stops everything except Wanderer, and Wanderer just can't compete with Overseers. WW

6-0

Thorn beats turn 2 Manamorphose storm. WW

6-0

Now that's a clever way to use the round rule. My Thorn is useless against your cost reduction, and I can't beat 3 4/4s on turn 1. LL

0-6

Claim does nothing, but Fiend is a good way to get around Thorn, so I just ignore Thorn. OTP I get both Overseers down before Fiend and that beats your Inkmoth. OTD Fiend takes the second Overseer and Inkmoth can block forever to force the draw. WD

4-1

Thorn prevents you from using Angel's Grace no matter who goes first. WW

6-0

Total: 45 points

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I find it hilarious no one played grave hate.
    Yes, and in retrospect voidwalker/thorn would have been very close to the clean sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    2 problems here.

1) They can play infinite Angel's Grace to never lose the game, so how do you win?

2) The first time around it makes 3 4/4s on turn 1. Can you beat that if they play to drop you to 8 life and then attack for 8?
    T1 Upkeep Pact
    Draw that Pact
    2 Pacts + Plains

T3 redraw 2nd Pact.
    T4 Redraw Angel's Grace
    I can't beat Grace, but I'm sure I hold. I can End off one giant at a time, with a couple of blockers to ensure that any attack will only take me to 4.

3 Giants / Ending (2G)
    Pact, 20-12 (1 card) / Ending (1G)
    20-8 (2 cards) / Ending (0G)
    (3 cards) / Gather, 2 Giants
    Pact

If attack here, I drop to 4 and make plentiful blockers forever. If not, We can loop around Ending Giants forever.

I wanted to play planar void but the lack of dark ritual (and sleeper agent) had me scared of not actually winning any games again. I decided storming a turn slower was worth beating Thorn/most counters/port

T3 combo and you can only interact T3. You have to keep bouncing my snoop and attack into my skirk. WL 3-3

Skirk beats you down while you stop me from combining. WW 6-0

I can always skirk or snoop in reponse to ending (since skirk will be on the top of my library). I don’t think you can take a turn off of ending my dudes if I am OTP. OTD is more confusing, but I think I can always go skirk grapeshot to clear your rally. 2-2 DD

I slow roll to beat thorn. 6-0

OTP You will redraw your grace before my combo turn, but I can wipe your board. Since you have a 4 turn cycle to rebuild (1 grace to not die, 1 grace to make Titans, draw 2 pacts) but I only need 3 I eventually grind you out. OTD I kill you before you redraw grace if you go off. If you do nothing kill you with goblin beats and then upkeep burn face for 1.

WW 6-0

I thought about this deck but your mana morphose isn’t in the gy when you draw the card. You die to goblin beats

WW 6-0

Beaten by my own strat of when in doubt, t1 sphere.

LL 0-6

Claim my Cavern, and then snag my dude.

LL 0-6

You are faster than me, but OTP I can hold up my own grapeshot so you can’t combo. If you grapeshot my skirk for 1 can you combo again the next turn or does your needle being sacced clog it up?

??

T2 Combo beats t3 Combo

LL 0-6

Edit: hollow ones don’t have flash, so this is just t3 combo vs t3 combo.

WL 3-3

Claim beats me.

LL 0-6

See above. WW

6-0

12W 2D 10 L ?? for 38/72 ??

Edit:grapeshot is a sorcery. 8W 6D 10L for 30/72
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 09-16-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    T1 Upkeep Pact
    Draw that Pact
    2 Pacts + Plains

T3 redraw 2nd Pact.
    T4 Redraw Angel's Grace
    Reminder that this only works OTD. A LW would be quite funny.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I wanted to play planar void but the lack of dark ritual (and sleeper agent) had me scared of not actually winning any games again. I decided storming a turn slower was worth beating Thorn/most counters/port
    Interestingly, Planar Void doesn't work - its worded as a trigger instead of a replacement effect and wouldn't do anything. Dauthi Voidwalker is the best remaining effect like this, but was hard to deploy quickly.

Maybe something like Phyrexian Tower, Memnite, Dauthi Voidwalker, Thorn of Amethyst was the way to do it?

I think dte's Trinisphere deck is still better though - about as close to a clean sweep as you can get

I can always skirk or snoop in reponse to ending (since skirk will be on the top of my library). I don’t think you can take a turn off of ending my dudes if I am OTP. OTD is more confusing, but I think I can always go skirk grapeshot to clear your rally. 2-2 DD
    I had forgotten that Snoop would be able to sac itself, but I don't think it matters.

Mountain, Prospector / Plains, Ending (Prospector Sacs) (So who goes first is irrelevant)
    Prospector / Plateau, Gather (2 1/1s)
    (Prospector Sacs) Snoop (or Grapeshot for 1) / Ending (Snoop Sacs), Attack (or just Attack if you have no board)

At no point do you have the spare mana to drop Prospector and Grapeshot in the same turn, so I think you can only clear a single token. From this point onwards I can just Ending Prospector every turn and win with a token.

Feb 2014

@Reep, like for PJim, it is not so easy to win vs grace in this round. Also grapeshot is a sorcery. ;)

Sep 2011

Reminder that this only works OTD. A LW would be quite funny.
    Oh right, there's no draw T1 OTP. The first time in 4CB this rule is ever relevant.

If the 4/4s cannot race you, they will just hold up Plains + Angel's Grace and Grace on each of your turns to stay at 1 life (Grapeshot is a sorcery). DD?

If I create 3 4/4s as soon as possible, I'm too fast for Waterfront Bouncer to do catch you up. WW

You play Skirk Prospector on turn 1, Conspicuous Snoop on turn 2, and try to Grapeshot me out on turn 3. It is then 3 more turns until you can try again, since you have to wait to draw Grapeshot again. OTP I play Pact of the Titan on turn 1. It just slows you down to block so you don't. On turn 2 I attack you to 16, use Angel's Grace, and draw Pact. On turn 3 I attack you to 12 and draw Angel's Grace, and then use it on your turn so you can't win, though you also kill my 4/4. On turn 4 I draw Angel's Grace and play a Pact. On turn 5 I draw the Pact, play Angel's Grace, and don't attack since you have Skirk Prospector in play so you could kill me by attacking next turn. On your turn, you have Skirk Prospector in play, Conspicuous Snoop in hand, and Grapeshot in your deck. You play Snoop since it lets you also kill my 4/4 with Grapeshot next turn. On turn 6 I draw Angel's Grace and attack you to 8. On your turn I Angel's Grace and you Grapeshot to kill my 4/4. This leaves us in the same situation as after the first three turns, so we repeat this twice more and I kill you. OTD I'm too slow but you can't beat Angel's Grace. WD

Ratchet Bomb kills my tokens but you can't both use Ratchet Bomb and Risaden Port so you can't win either. DD

Prismatic Ending kills my 4/4s but you can't beat Angel's Grace. DD

I can't beat Thorn. LL

Based on other people's results I don't think this can win? If so you can't beat the 4/4s. WW

I can't beat turn 1 Trinisphere. LL

I can't beat Sea's Claim. LL

You're too fast for me but can't beat Angel's Grace. DD

OTP and OTD are the same. You go to 14 and play 3 Hollow Ones. On my next turn I make 3 4/4s. If you don't attack I will eventually make more 4/4s and win, so you have to attack. If you attack with all 3 4/4s, I trade with one and let the other 2 through, going to 12. On my next turn, I attack with both 4/4s, so you go to 6 and can no longer play the Hollow Ones. From now on, you can't attack with both Hollow Ones since I will win by attacking on the next turn. I continue to attack each turn and force you to trade away your Hollow Ones, and eventually win by making more 4/4s. WW

I can't beat Sea's Claim. LL

Neither of us can beat Angel's Grace. DD

7W 9D 8L = 30

Other than this, I considered either Aluren combo or Pyxis of Pandemonium, Lightning Bolt, and something else disruptive. It looks like I should have chosen a Pyxis deck here, since it beats the combo decks and the last card can easily be chosen to beat Pact of the Titan and a decent number of other decks. However, I convinced myself that the format would be grindy so aggro decks would be good, and made the wrong choice.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 09-18-2021 at 01:07 PM.

I guess knowing rules would help.
    Well I learned something new, there is something called resolving.
    0 3 pts.
    Last edited by jhhdk; 09-22-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Thread Information