Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229
Results 4,561 to 4,574 of 4574

Thread: 4 Card Blind

  1. #4561
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    1,135

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Pithing Needle and Phyrexian Revoker can shut this down too, so long as it shares a name with a card, so probably should be banned too (or the emblem renamed).
    It's an emblem and not a card. nothing can interact with an emblem.

    about round 16 (Q): isn't head to head the same thing as turtle round from last season?

  2. #4562

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    It's an emblem and not a card. nothing can interact with an emblem.
    They prevent abilities from "sources with the chosen name", not cards. If the emblem has the same name as a card that is legal to choose, the ability will be shut down. Emblems don't have names, but it would absolutely be possible to interact with one that does in this way.

  3. #4563
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    1,135

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    CR 114. Emblems

    114.1 Some effects put emblems into the command zone. An emblem is a marker used to represent an object that has one or more abilities, but no other characteristics.
    114.2 An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
    114.3 An emblem has no characteristics other than the abilities defined by the effect that created it. In particular, an emblem has no name, no types, no mana cost, and no color.
    114.4 Abilities of emblems function in the command zone.
    114.5 An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.

  4. #4564
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,002

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    about round 16 (Q): isn't head to head the same thing as turtle round from last season?
    Yes, sort of. I believe it was silk who mentioned that he wanted it to be 5 turns each, and in single player mode instead of what we did.
    I posted then that I would add it to the ideas for next season, so here it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Is this intended to stop effects that win the game at the Upkeep? I suspect it is and think it does, but perhaps worth specifying.
    The cancelling alternate wincons for the starting at 100 life round is mostly to stop cards from winning you the game if you have X life or more.
    I don't know all of them, but there are several.


    Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    The ability is just Persist (Kitchen Finks). Is the second half of this not true anyway? Googling suggests it is, but I don't know.
    Edited. I wasn't sure about the second half, so that's mostly there just in case. I could cut it, if people prefer.


    Five responses so far, including mine. Don't forget to vote!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-06-2021 at 04:01 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  5. #4565

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Hi guys,

    I am a new player who will take part to the next season. Thats why I replied to the survey.

  6. #4566
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,002

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    Hi guys,

    I am a new player who will take part to the next season. Thats why I replied to the survey.
    Excellent. Welcome, and thanks for letting us know.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  7. #4567

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    A few times during this season i found myself wishing my creatures had haste.
    Should we consider a round where ALL creatures have haste?

  8. #4568
    Tundra Player
    alphastryk's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Atlanta
    Posts

    877

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    A few times during this season i found myself wishing my creatures had haste.
    Should we consider a round where ALL creatures have haste?
    A Concordant Crossroads round could be a fun one

  9. #4569
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    1,135

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    Hi guys,

    I am a new player who will take part to the next season. Thats why I replied to the survey.
    Just so that you know and to avoid any misunderstanding, Matt's been playing with me and Serguei in the shadows last season (which probably explains my good ranking).
    Expect him to be at my spot and me relegated in the deepest part of the rankings.

  10. #4570
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,002

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Just so that you know and to avoid any misunderstanding, Matt's been playing with me and Serguei in the shadows last season (which probably explains my good ranking).
    Expect him to be at my spot and me relegated in the deepest part of the rankings.
    So Matt's the real brain behind your efforts, I see.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  11. #4571

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    CR 114. Emblems

    114.1 Some effects put emblems into the command zone. An emblem is a marker used to represent an object that has one or more abilities, but no other characteristics.
    114.2 An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
    114.3 An emblem has no characteristics other than the abilities defined by the effect that created it. In particular, an emblem has no name, no types, no mana cost, and no color.
    114.4 Abilities of emblems function in the command zone.
    114.5 An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.
    Nameless emblem, problem solved.

  12. #4572
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    2,002

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Concerning plans for next season
    About half of our regulars have voted for what they want and don't want.
    Those who haven't voted yet please do so still: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...vvRcw/viewform

    (Plans are descibed in more detail here.)


    PS. By habit I was deleting a few PMs, as my inbox usually could contain 100 messages max, which is tight if you run a competition via PM.
    So I get a glimpse of the bar at the bottom which indicates how much free space I have. It's nearly all green.
    Apparently we can now have 10,000 messages instead of 100! Nice!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  13. #4573

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Should we discuss order too?
    For instance I think Fateful hour could be nice if it happened in the second half of the season, but I definitely not wish to see it as a first round.

    Otherwise, regarding the similarity of Turtle-up and solitaire, I regard them as completely different: Turtle-up was basically a fight with hate (resistors, meddling mage, moon) and infect as a surprise guest, not completely unlike a traditional round, solitaire should be entirely something else.

    And welcome mattamort!

  14. #4574

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Otherwise, regarding the similarity of Turtle-up and solitaire, I regard them as completely different: Turtle-up was basically a fight with hate (resistors, meddling mage, moon) and infect as a surprise guest, not completely unlike a traditional round, solitaire should be entirely something else.

    And welcome mattamort!
    I started replying to some other stuff, but dte stole my words. Also congrats on a dominant season! And you were only 0.4 points away from having two first places in the two seasons you've played. I always like seeing what you come up with.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)