Page 323 of 332 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 4 Card Blind

1. Asthereal (TO): Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    I can't get through your Energy Field, but you can't get through my Maze. DD

2-2

2. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Illness in the ranks, Forbidden Orchard, Warlock Class
    I can always pitch Maze and Leyline to Cry because they're dead, but you just barely race me by jamming Warlock Class. LL

0-6

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Resculpt
    I can't get through your Energy Field, but you can't get through my Maze. DD

2-2

4. silkster: Cave of the Frost Dragon, Fountain of Cho, March of Otherworldly Light, Feldon's Cane
    Maze beats your Dragon and you can't interact with Megaliths. WW

6-0

5. dte: Plains, Khalni garden, Colossus hammer, Sigarda's aid
    Maze beats your Plant and you can't interact with Megaliths. WW

6-0

6. alphastryk: Leyline of Singularity, Keldon Megaliths, Izzet Boilerworks, Maze of Ith
    me, waiting for discard to die down a bit to try Maze + Leyline which is almost as good as Karakas + Leyline in this format.

7. jfb1337: Mercadian Bazaar, Forest, Reclaim, Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes
    Disagreement - the earliest you can cast Minsc and Boo is your turn 5, and by that time my Megaliths is online. Anytime you try to grow Boo I ping it with Megaliths for the draw. DD

2-2

8. Phasmoid: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Martial Coup, Finale of Glory
    Finale of Glory eventually making 2 different tokens with toughness > 1 is a problem, but it might come too late to matter. I'm able to start pining with Megaliths on my turn 4, killing on my turn 24. You can first cast Finale to create 2 token types on your turn 15. After that you can get in for 2 damage per turn, killing on your turn 26 which is too late. WW

6-0

9. RoosterCocoa: Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Peat Bog, Engineered Explosives, Words of Wilding
    You can't Explosives my Leyline, so Leyline + Maze stops your tokens, and Megaliths wins. WW

6-0

10. maxx!: Copperline Gorge, Dunes of the Dead, Chatter of the Squirrel, Tremble
    My deck is not great vs Tremble, I need all 3 lands to beat your token mix and I have no way to keep them all. LL

0-6

11. FTW: Breeding Pool, Piracy Charm, Dismember, Sprout
    I can always pitch Maze to Piracy Charm, and Megaliths beats the Sprout token, then takes it home. WW

6-0

Total: 36 points

I’m feeling unsure about my maxx analysis. Does he win by casting tremble without me playing a land?

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I’m feeling unsure about my maxx analysis. Does he win by casting tremble without me playing a land?
    Yes, it should be 3-3.
    But amazing deck btw, I didn't even realise you were discarding 2 cards by T2!

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Yes, it should be 3-3.
    But amazing deck btw, I didn't even realise you were discarding 2 cards by T2!
    You lose hard to big creatures, gy recursion, counters, and LD so I think it was good to save it until now. But it did feel very clever to brew.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

You lose hard to big creatures, gy recursion, counters, and LD so I think it was good to save it until now. But it did feel very clever to brew.
    Honestly I think the best part about this game is coming up with something clever and having it work

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Honestly I think the best part about this game is coming up with something clever and having it work
    Agree :)

maxx!: Copperline Gorge, Dunes of the Dead, Chatter of the Squirrel, Tremble

1. Asthereal (TO): Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    I can always Tremble before you have 2 untapped lands, and you can't do anything without both lands. 6-0

2. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Illness in the ranks, Forbidden Orchard, Warlock Class
    This is a super cool deck. Chatter is a blank against Illness, so ideally I'd discard it to Cry. But you can also just hold all 4 cards until I make a threat, which makes things more complicated. I can't discard Tremble or there's no way for me to get a token that survives Illness. OTP I think your best line is to do nothing until I make a token. I ignore Chatter and just play Tremble on my turn 2, making a Zombie. After that, you can play Orchard and Illness, then I attack for 1. You then play Warlock class and I lose 1 life. The race is even, but I get the first attack so I should always win at 1 life. OTD you can Haunt a token and then kill it before I get 2 mana, so there's no way for me to get my Zombie. 3-3

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Resculpt
    Tremble wrecks double indestructible tapland decks. 6-0

4. silkster: Cave of the Frost Dragon, Fountain of Cho, March of Otherworldly Light, Feldon's Cane
    Nice deck. You win this one easily. 0-6

Can't beat this at all. 0-6

6. alphastryk: Leyline of Singularity, Keldon Megaliths, Izzet Boilerworks, Maze of Ith
    Tremble means you either lose your Maze (and I can just win with a 2/2 Zombie), or you lose Megaliths activation mana (and I win with a Squirrel while my Zombie gets Mazed every turn). 6-0

Reclaim tech saves your land and wins the match. 0-6

You've got a throwaway land and enough time to stabilize. 0-6

9. RoosterCocoa: Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Peat Bog, Engineered Explosives, Words of Wilding
    Ugh. Tremble can stop Words of Wilding from ever coming online, but you don't actually have to act until I make a threat. If I lead with Chatter, then you play Yavimaya and sac it to Tremble, then use Peat Bog to activate EE for 0 to kill my tokens. If I don't play Chatter, you sit there doing nothing until I play Chatter (or Tremble). So we stare. 2-2

10. maxx!: Copperline Gorge, Dunes of the Dead, Chatter of the Squirrel, Tremble
    This is me :]

You have this as WW for me but I don't see it? When I'm OTP if I play Chatter turn 1, then you can Piracy Charm me which shuts off Tremble and my Zombie. I can flashback Chatter, but Sprout and Dismember trade with my 2 Squirrels. So instead of that line, I play a land and pass, then you play your land and pass. Turn 2 I play my second land and Tremble, and you float mana in response to Dismember my Zombie. Then I cast Chatter from my hand and win with that. OTD means you get an extra turn with your land, which I think lets you draw. You make a 1/1 before I Tremble, and you still get a chance to float mana and Dismember my Zombie. Then our 1/1s trade. 4-1

6+3+6+0+0+6+0+0+2+4 = 27

Not amazing, but good enough. I think the Rain of Filth deck I played a few rounds ago would've scored better.

I can't win against Energy Field, but I can settle for a draw by using EE to destroy Luminarch Ascension if you ever play it. DD

OTP I resolve Words of Wilding, and you can't beat that. OTD I have to discard 2 cards before I play anything. Therefore I keep Peat Bog and EE, and use EE to destroy Warlock Class if you play it and force a draw. WD

I can't win against Energy Field, but can kill your token with EE. DD

OTP I play Peat Bog, you play Fountain of Cho. I then play Yavimaya and Words of Wilding, and on your turn you put a counter on the Fountain and play Cave. On my next turn I make a 2/2, and on your next turn you exile Feldon's Cane and use your counter to exile Words of Wilding. I attack you to 18, you put a counter on Fountain, and we repeat until you put the fifth counter on Fountain, so you are at 10. I then attack you to 8, and on your turn from now on you can activate Cave. It would take you 7 attacks to kill me, and only 4 attacks for me to kill you, so we stare since my 2/2 can't get through your 3/4. OTD you can exile Words on Wilding before it makes any tokens, so I lose. DL
    You actually can't discard Cane to March, so instead OTD you play Fountain, then I play Peat Bog. You put a counter on Fountain and play Cave, and I play Yavimaya and Words of Wilding. You put a second counter on Fountain, then I make a 2/2, which you exile with March at instant speed. You then put a third counter on Fountain, and cast and crack Feldon's Cane to put March into your library. I then make a 2/2. You draw March and play it using all of your counters to exile Words of Wilding. I attack with the 2/2 6 times before you can activate your Cave, which isn't enough to kill you but enough that you can't kill me. OTP it goes basically the same, but I have 2 2/2s to attack with, which means I kill you before you can activate Cave. WD

EE destroys your plant token. WW

EE does nothing and I can't win with just one 2/2. LL

I don't have time to think this through right now, but your math looks right? WW

My clock is: I play Words of Wilding on turn 2, get a 2/2 on turn 3, put you at 18 and get a second 2/2 on turn 4, put you at 14 and get a third 2/2 on turn 5, put you at 8 and get a fourth 2/2 on turn 6, and win on turn 7. On turn 1 you can make 0 mana, on turn 2 you can make 0 mana, on turn 3 you can make 1 mana, on turn 4 you can make 3 mana, on turn 5 you can make 5 mana, on turn 6 you can make 7 mana, and on turn 7 you can make 9 mana. If you Finale of Glory first, I just don't attack and keep making 2/2s, and save EE for after your Martial Coup. When I am OTD, this means the turn before when I would win, when I have 4 2/2s and you are at 8 life, you can Martial Coup for x=5, destroying all of my creatures. I crack EE to kill your tokens, and make a 2/2 on my next turn. On your next turn you put 2 counters on your lands. On my next turn I make a second 2/2 and attack you to 6. On your next turn you have 4 counters on your lands. On my next turn I make a 3rd 2/2 and attack you to 2. Even if you cast Finale of Glory now, I still win. OTP I am faster, so I also win there. WW

OTP you can't make me sacrifice a land fast enough to stop me from resolving Words of Wilding, so you lose. OTD I don't play and lands until you do something. If you play Chatter of the Squirrel, I play Yavimaya before Peat Bog, so you can't make me sacrifice Peat Bog. You then have to Tremble, since if you don't I will play Words of Wilding. This means I can use EE with mana from Peat Bog to kill your tokens, getting a draw. WD

You can't stop me from resolving Words of Wilding, which you can't beat. WW

11W 7D 2L = 40

I've had Words of Wilding in mind for a few rounds, and I figured this time there wouldn't be much land destruction or double or targeted discard, so I went for it.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 06-24-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Either of your spells are really bad for me. OTP I make you discard 2. OTD words beats me with 1/1s. WL 3-3
    When you are OTP, I believe if I discard Yavimaya and Words of Wilding, I can cast and crack EE for 1, killing Warlock Class and getting a draw.

8. me: ​ ​ ​ Fountain of Cho ​ , ​ Fountain of Cho ​ , ​ Martial Coup ​ , ​ Finale of Glory

1. Asthereal (TO): Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension ​ LL 0-6
    I can't get past Energy Field, so I lose to your however many creatures you need.

2. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Illness in the ranks, Forbidden Orchard, Warlock Class ​ WW 6-0

You make me discard 2 before I can do anything, but I still
    do things _after_ that, by keeping a land and Finale of Glory.
    I cast Finale of Glory on T8 or T9 with X=4 or X=5 respectively, and you lose to those 4 or 5
    Soldiers on T13 despite the Illness in their Ranks, well before your LV0 Class could win for you.

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Resculpt ​ DD 2-2

I can't get past Energy Field. ​ However, I can cast Martial Coup with
    X=5 on T6, so I destroy your Elemental before I would lose to it.

4. silkster: Cave of the Frost Dragon, Fountain of Cho, March of Otherworldly Light, Feldon's Cane ​ WW 6-0

There's likely a faster way for me to win, but it's enough for me to just cast Martial Coup with X=11,
    so I do that on T9. ​ You exile 2 Angels and on T10 block 1 Angel, taking 54 damage that turn.
    Cave of the Frost Dragon can't animate more than twice before then, so that is before you could win.

5. dte: Plains, Khalni garden, Colossus hammer, Sigarda's aid ​ LL 0-6
    This seems like a very nice deck. ​ I lose to it before I can cast anything.

6. alphastryk: Leyline of Singularity, Keldon Megaliths, Izzet Boilerworks, Maze of Ith ​ WW 6-0

I have _two_ storage lands, so I cast Finale of Glory on T9 with X=10 or X=11,
    keeping a Soldier and an Angel. ​ Only one of them can get lost in the Maze per turn,
    so I win on T19, which is before your Megaliths could win for you.

7. jfb1337: Mercadian Bazaar, Forest, Reclaim, Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes ​ WL 3-3
    jfb's math seems correct to me.

This is me.

9. RoosterCocoa: Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Peat Bog, Engineered Explosives, Words of Wilding ​ LL 0-6

I suspect you would get WW against me even without Engineered Explosives.
    (Until I saw your results post, I was anlyzing this under the assumption that
    Engineered Explosives was dead against me, since I missed that you could cast it with X=0.)

10. maxx!: Copperline Gorge, Dunes of the Dead, Chatter of the Squirrel, Tremble ​ WW 6-0

I sacrifice my T2 land to Tremble, and will cast Finale of Glory with X=2 on my T6.
    One of those two Soldiers trades with your Zombie, and the other of those two Soldiers holds off
    your Squirrels with me taking at most 1 more damage. ​ You can't attack on T1 and can't deal more
    than 1 damage on T2, so I stabilize with at least 2 life left. ​ After that, Martial Coup wins for me.

11. FTW: Breeding Pool, Piracy Charm, Dismember, Sprout ​ WW 6-0

I can even discard _both_ a land _and_ Martial Coup to Piracy Charm, and still win this, since
    I still get to cast Finale of Glory with X=5 on T7. ​ Saproling Charm kills at most trades with
    1 Soldier, and Dismember kills at most 1 Soldier. ​ That leaves me with at least 3 Soldiers,
    so you lose no later than T11, which is well before the Saproling could win for you.

3 LL ​ + ​ 1 DD ​ + ​ 1 WL ​ + ​ 5 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 35 points

I disagree with 2 people in my results:

Since we really scraped the bottom of the barrel discard spells last round, I hope people didn’t see this coming. I make you discard a card t1 and then t2 when the spirit dies. If that won’t work I can just jam illness t1 and hope you can’t beat that in a creature less format.

I make you discard 2 before you can do anything. WW 6-0
    You make me discard 2 before I can do anything, but I still do things _after_ you make me discard 2.

me, waiting for discard to die down a bit to try Maze + Leyline which is almost as good as Karakas + Leyline in this format.

Finale of Glory eventually making 2 different tokens with toughness > 1 is a problem, but it might come too late to matter. I'm able to start pining with Megaliths on my turn 4, killing on my turn 24. You can first cast Finale to create 2 token types on your turn 15. After that you can get in for 2 damage per turn, killing on your turn 26 which is too late. WW
    I have _two_ storage lands, not just one, so I can cast Finale to create 2 token types on your turn 9. ​ That is fast-enough.

I get that I win all four of these games.

Feb 2014

@Rooster: EE can destroy energy field, and March cannot be fueled by cane. So you win even more ;)

Me: 4. silkster: Cave of the Frost Dragon, Fountain of Cho, March of Otherworldly Light, Feldon's Cane

Land removal is good.
    WW

I discard March, play Cave and Cane. You have to make me discard my storage land. Now I rebuy both and remove either enchantment
    WW

WW

WW

You chose the lands that I do not interact with.
    LL

I am weak to planeswalkers. :(
    LL

Weak to going wide :(
    LL

On the play, I can exile the Words on turn 5, after you've made 2 dudes, one of which I exiled. I then have lots of time to make a blocker. On the play, you get two bears and are too fast.
    DL
    Edit: As much as I'd love the WD, I don't have any white cards to help pay for March.
    Double Edit: I see that dte has noticed this too.

I can remove two threats even through Tremble on either land, so you have to go for double Chatter. I March your first squirrel, and the other one will get in about 7 times, and your zombie gets in once while I redraw Cave instead of March, but that isn't enough to keep me on defense. You can hold Tremble, but it doesn't really change anything.
    WW

I hold March for Piracy Charm. You can hit for 6 while I prepare for a block, then Dismember and hit for another 6 while I prepare for the next block, but I still have enough life to get six attacks in.
    WW

12W, 1D, 7L, for 37 points. I think I got that right, but the last three matches are a bit tricky. For a while I thought I was DLDDDD on my last 3 matches which would have put me one point short of getting banned.

This was the first week where it felt like I found some great cards and had the potential to do very well. March of Otherworldly Light is quite new, and Feldon's Cane is old but I had forgotten about it, and I was at Cave+Fountain+March for a few days feeling sad that Conjurer's Bauble was banned because I wanted to play that. Lucky me, cause Cane is even better. Of course, I knew that I was weak to planeswalkers, but I was hoping that not too many would show up because many fast strategies crush them, like the conspicuously absent Titans.

Minsc & Boo was a big surprise, though I think I lose to most planeswalkers anyway, so the specific one wasn't that important. I've always been a fan of the Words (fun combo with Sylvan Library), but I didn't see that coming. Hammer combo was a surprise too. Funnily enough, I brewed a Forbidden Orchard deck this season, but it was irreparably bad. This implementation with Cry of Contrition is gorgeous. It's really hard to make use of Haunt. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Ironically the deck I metagamed against would have scored 41 points here. Should have just played that.
    I totally feel you. I feel like this happens to me all the time. And I know it's happened to you several times recently too.

Me, thinking pact and raze were the 2 DtB. Being quite wrong about it. Here I kill T3 and do not care about LD.

0-6. Maze alone beats me. Interesting the leyline vs multiple tokens, an elegant way to handle pact combo, were it played.
    Wow, I totally read that as Leyline of Sanctity (forgetting, of course, that it was banned long ago). I even noted and appreciated how perfectly the Leyline plus the Maze of Ith held off Minsc & Boo. But Leyline of Singularity to stop token swarms is totally sweet too.

My best performance. 16 W 4 L 48/60
    Hot damn! I did not see that coming while I was reading the decklists!

@Rooster: EE can destroy energy field, and March cannot be fueled by cane. So you win even more ;)
    Thanks for the catch with the cane. I don't actually win vs energy field though, since I need to use a depletion counter from Peat Bog to cast EE with 2 charge counters, I need to use the other to cast Words of Wilding, and I need Peat Bog in play to crack EE. This means I can't cast Words of Wilding until EE has been cracked, so my energy field opponent can just never cast it, and in return I can never play Words of Wilding.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    6. alphastryk: Leyline of Singularity, Keldon Megaliths, Izzet Boilerworks, Maze of Ith ​ WW 6-0

I have _two_ storage lands, so I cast Finale of Glory on T9 with X=10 or X=11,
    keeping a Soldier and an Angel. ​ Only one of them can get lost in the Maze per turn,
    so I win on T19, which is before your Megaliths could win for you.
    Yes, I somehow counted your storage land mana all wrong, and you can cast Finale with X >=10 on your turn 9, meaning the 2/2 Soldier wins on your turn 20 (can't attack until your turn 10). That's just fast enough still.

Updating the spreadsheet

Yes, I somehow counted your storage land mana all wrong, and you can cast Finale with X >=10 on your turn 9, meaning the 2/2 Soldier wins on your turn 20 (can't attack until your turn 10). That's just fast enough still.

Updating the spreadsheet
    (It doesn't matter here since you can't activate Megaliths on T1, but:)
    I _do_ win on T19. ​ You're making a fencepost error.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-by...encepost_error

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    (It doesn't matter here since you can't activate Megaliths on T1, but:)
    I _do_ win on T19. ​ You're making a fencepost error.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-by...encepost_error
    Indeed I am. Slightly embarrassing as a software developer - guess I should have unit tested my solution :D

As far as I can tell, three disagreements remain:

Reeplcheep vs RoosterCocoa: I think this is WD for RoosterCocoa. Keeping Peat Bog to play turn 2 EE on 1, then blow up one or both enchantments gets the draw.

RoosterCocoa vs maxx!: I think this is WD for RoosterCocoa. Tremble is too slow on the draw to stop Words of Wilding, and the bears take over.

maxx! vs FTW: I think this is WD for maxx!. maxx!'s explanation looks good to me. Reposted here so you don't have to go looking for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    This is me :]

You have this as WW for me but I don't see it? When I'm OTP if I play Chatter turn 1, then you can Piracy Charm me which shuts off Tremble and my Zombie. I can flashback Chatter, but Sprout and Dismember trade with my 2 Squirrels. So instead of that line, I play a land and pass, then you play your land and pass. Turn 2 I play my second land and Tremble, and you float mana in response to Dismember my Zombie. Then I cast Chatter from my hand and win with that. OTD means you get an extra turn with your land, which I think lets you draw. You make a 1/1 before I Tremble, and you still get a chance to float mana and Dismember my Zombie. Then our 1/1s trade. 4-1

Has the next season been decided?

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Deck doesn't work"

Field 2-2

Discard 0-6

That's me, playing something worse than Goblins!

March 0-6

Field 1-4

Field 2-2

Field 2-2

Field 2-2

EE 0-6

LD 0-6

Discard 0-6

Total: 9 points

Thread Information