Page 318 of 332 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    VS RoosterCocoa he plays land, you as well. You say go, if he makes you discard, you discard a pact, play the second and win from there. So he does not.
    At his turn, he passes. You play pact EoT. If he doesn't counter it, he loses to the 4/4. If he does, you play the second one. WW?
    He cannot play both the counter and the discard in the same turn.
    Right. Pact can also be cast EOT. Good catch. I should indeed win that.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

9. FTW: Sand Silos, Misdirection, Energy Field, Inventive Iteration

I wrote off Mind Swords after fast mana got banned, but forgot about Kuldotha Rebirth (the other cheap token enablers are very bad). Several of my other decks were metagamed around stuff like Swamp, Lotus Petal, Mind Swords, Teachings of the Kirin, but Kuldotha is even better. Should have looked harder. Good choice. It's nice to see so many new decks.

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP T4 Energy Field is fast enough. OTD it isn't. WL 3-3
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP T4 Energy Field is fast enough. OTD it isn't. WL 3-3

3. Reeplcheep: If you try to Sinkhole me early, I Misdirect it at your Urborg and you lose to your own Tabernacle, and I have forever to store mana for my threat, so that ends badly for you. So you hold Sinkhole and play T2 Tribute. Tabernacle kills the rats. On T4 you get a 3/3 flyer. If I play Energy Field, you Sinkhole me, I Misdirect it at Urborg, then your creatures die but I can't win either: draw. If I play T6 saga and bounce your 3/3, I can pay for Tabernacle (thanks to Urborg) but you'll replay your 3/3 and our threats will trade. Draw either way. DD 2-2

4. dte: If you Mind Swords turn 1, I can stabilize with T6 Iteration (killing 1 token) at 10+ life and then my 3/3 races your last 1/1.
    If you don't Mind Swords, 3 1/1s win on turn 8, so OTP I can play T8 Energy Field + Iteration to stabilize and win.
    It gets tricky if you do something in between. You can beat down with 3 1/1s for a few turns, then Mind Swords me before I can play both Energy Field + Iteration. Then I could play T6 Iteration but my 3/3 will be too slow to race so we draw; or I could play Energy Field to draw. DD 2-2

5. Phasmoid: I think this is draw city. You can't beat Energy Field, but if I play a threat then you can Martial Coup destroying it and Energy Field. If you do nothing or play Finale first, I can't win. DD 2-2

6. alphastryk: Nice tech. You can only activate Geier Reach once, but once is enough to break Energy Field, so I must hold it. You play T2 Call & 1/1. Then you can keep making 1/1s. T6 Iteration (killing 1) is too slow to stabilize, so I must play Energy Field to stall. You make me discard Misdirection, breaking Energy Field, then Iteration is still too slow. LL 0-6

7. RoosterCocoa: I discard Energy Field to Piracy Charm, then you Beckon Apparition to make a 1/1 token. Luckily the 1/1 is very slow. On turn 11 I play Iteration with 5 mana floating, so I can hardcast Misdirection if you try to counter. Iteration kills your 1/1 and then the 3/3 wins. WW 6-0

8. silkster: Same as dte. DD 2-2
    10. maxx!: I can't Misdirect any of this so I lose. LL 0-6

20 points (4 wins, 8 draws, 6 loss)

I needed a better wincon. I can survive LD and soft counters and discard 2s as planned, but my threat is weak at winning games. I thought being able to kill a token or slow down a PW would be valuable, but turn 8 Phantom Monster is not good enough.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-02-2022 at 04:40 PM.

3. Reeplcheep: Sinkhole, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Tribute to Horobi, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    I thought tabernacle was the best interaction last round and encroach got banned. So I ran this without much meta gaming.

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    Sac all your dudes. WW 6-0

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    Sac all your dudes. WW 6-0

4. dte: Jeweled amulet, Badlands, Mind swords, Kuldotha Rebirth
    Eventually your goblin gets there. LL 0-6

5. Phasmoid: Icatian Store, Icatian Store, Martial Coup, Finale of Glory
    I goldfish on t10. You boardwipe once your 2nd store has untapped with 7 counters, which is also t10. WL 3-3

6. alphastryk: Peat Bog, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Call the Bloodline, Nexus of Fate
    OTP I sinkhole your land. OTD my threat loses to yours, so I discard it and sinkhole reach for the draw. WD 4-1

7. RoosterCocoa: Tundra, Beckon Apparition, Piracy Charm, An Offer You Can't Refuse
    You can’t both pay for tabernacle and hold up offer. DD 2-2

8. silkster: Badlands, Chrome Mox, Kuldotha Rebirth, Mind Swords
    Your goblin gets there. LL 0-6

My threat walls yours and there is nothing you can do about it. But if you redirect sinkhole to Urborg I will lose. DD 2-2

10. maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal
    Sinkhole is dead. But OTP my threat beats yours and OTD if you go off your zombie dies to tabernacle.WD 4-1

7W 6D 5L for 27/54. Another performance just barely good enough to get banned.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

OTP I can force you to discard 1 pact, and I can race 1 4/4. OTD I can't race 2 4/4s. WL

3-3

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    OTP I can force you to discard 1 pact, and I can race 1 4/4. OTD I can't race 2 4/4s. WL

3-3

3. Reeplcheep: Sinkhole, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Tribute to Horobi, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    OTP You can't win but you can Sinkhole my land to force the draw. OTD Sinkhole beats me. DL

1-4

Mind Swords! Nexus isn't tech against exile. LL

0-6

The best I can do is try to race Finale making 4/4s I can't block (You can't Coup because then I can make you discard Finale). Lets see if I get there OTP:
    a t1: Bog
    p t1: Store
    a t2: Sanitarium, Call, make a token (1)
    p t2: Store (1), Store (0)
    a t3: attack, make a token (2) (a: 21, p 19)
    p t3: Store (2), Store (1)
    a t4: attack, make a token (3) (a: 23, p: 17)
    p t4: Store (3), Store (2)
    a t5: attack, make a token (4) (a: 26, p: 14)
    p t5: Store (4), Store (3)
    a t6: attack, make a token (5) (a: 30, p: 10)
    p t6: Store (5), Store(4)
    a t7: attack, make a token (6) (a: 35, p: 5)
    p t7: still not enough mana to make 4/4s, and 6 2/2s doesn't get the job done. W
    OTD is not enough of a difference. W

6-0

6. alphastryk: Peat Bog, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Call the Bloodline, Nexus of Fate
    me

7. RoosterCocoa: Tundra, Beckon Apparition, Piracy Charm, An Offer You Can't Refuse
    I cannot refuse your offer. However, you have to use both Charm and Beckon to make a threat, and once you do I can make you discard Offer. That means the best you can do is sit on Offer to force the draw. DD

2-2

Mind Swords! Nexus isn't tech against exile. LL

0-6

You have to play Energy Field because I win the race, and Sanitarium can force you to discard breaking the Field. WW

6-0

OTP I can get Call in under Dark Deal and that's enough. OTD I lose my hand before I can make a threat. WL

3-3

Total: 24 points

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "More Discard"

That's me! 2-2

That's me, giving up on goblin combo

Tabernacle 0-6

Goblin smash :( :( 0-6

Titan smash! 6-0

Titan smash, then discard 3-3

Titan smash! 6-0

Goblin smash :( :( 0-6

Titan smash, then Energy Field 3-3

Titan smash, then discard 3-3

Total: 23 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    By the way, I forgot to mention how much I appreciate Jeweled Amulet here.
    It's not just a zero mana artifact. It can also be used to play around Force Spike effects.

Feb 2014

By the way, I forgot to mention how much I appreciate Jeweled Amulet here.
    It's not just a zero mana artifact. It can also be used to play around Force Spike effects.
    Thanks!
    It was a tough choice between it and tormod's :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Thanks!
    It was a tough choice between it and tormod's :)
    I remember long ago I had one Jeweled Amulet in my last version of Legacy Miracles before Top got banned.
    Its function: ramping into good stuff in control mirrors, or annoying Delver with their taxing counterspells.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I remember long ago I had one Jeweled Amulet in my last version of Legacy Miracles before Top got banned.
    Its function: ramping into good stuff in control mirrors, or annoying Delver with their taxing counterspells.
    The fact that that era is now "a long time ago" makes me feel old. I miss that deck.

Feb 2014

I've never seen it in miracles, but I can imagine it being good, that is an interesting find.

maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal

OTP I can make you discard Grace before your lose the game triggers go on the stack. OTD I can't and get crushed by Giants. 3-3

See above. 3-3

OTP I can dump your hand before you can play Tribute, but I can't ever pay the Tabernacle tax for my Zombie. OTD you get Tribute before I can Dark Deal and I can't beat that. 1-4

I spent a long time looking for a Kuldotha Rebirth deck for this round but wasn't happy with any of my brews. I didn't see the Mind Swords combo. This deck is stellar. 0-6

I dump your hand and win with a Zombie. 6-0

I actually thought Peat Bog was banned already, which would've been hilarious for you to submit at this point, but it looks like I was thinking of a different season. OTP I make you discard Call. OTD you get Call and/or make me discard something with Sanitarium, and then I can't beat your token machine. 3-3

OTP I can try to go off on my turn 2. If you counter Rain of Filth, I can still make 3 mana for Dark Deal using the Treasures, but I have no Zombie. If you counter Dark Deal instead, I get a Zombie, but you still have Piracy Charm and a 1/1 token to trade with my 2/2. If you Piracy Charm me instead of holding up mana to counter, I discard Dark Deal and just use Rain of Filth to get a Zombie. I think every line is a draw. OTD you get an extra turn to set up, but I think Beckon requiring a card in the yard and Rain of Filth being an Instant give me enough time to force a draw here too. You can Piracy Charm me right away (discard Dark Deal), I play my tapland, and then you untap. If you make your Spirit token now, then I make a Zombie on my turn and win. If you pass with your Tundra untapped, I play Dunes and just stare at you forever. If you ever cast Beckon Apparition, I respond with Rain of Filth for a bigger token. 2-2

See dte. 0-6

You can't interact with me or play any spells before I dump your hand. 6-0

This is me :]

3+3+1+0+6+3+2+0+6 = 24

This is the first round where I was totally lost going into it, and had no read on the meta at all. I thought Kuldotha Rebirth was probably good, but couldn't figure out what to pair it with (I came close to submitting 2x Rebirth 2x Great Furnace). The Mind Swords combo is nuts, so I'm a little bummed I missed it. My biggest misread was thinking that we had finally entered a turn 2 format, but AngelPact and KuldothaSwords proved I was wrong. Very cool that every single deck in this round was totally new, though.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    The fact that that era is now "a long time ago" makes me feel old. I miss that deck.
    "Fun" fact: Planeswalker cards have been a part of MtG for the majority of the game's existence. 🙃

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    "Fun" fact: Planeswalker cards have been a part of MtG for the majority of the game's existence. 🙃
    Judge!

I can't beat you if you play Pact at the end of my turn. LL

Same as Astheral. LL

I can't hold up my counterspell while paying for tabernacle, but you never can play Tribute. DD

OTP if you cast Rebirth sacrificing the Amulet, I counter it. However, that gives you 2 treasure tokens to cast Mind Swords with, so we draw. OTD you have 2 1/1s and I am left with 2 cards, and I can't beat your board. DL

I didn't calculate this, but I'm fairly sure I lose. LL

I can't both get a 1/1 and counter your Call the Bloodline. DD

OTP if you cast Rebirth sacrificing the Mox, I counter it. However, that gives you 2 treasure tokens to cast Mind Swords with, so we draw. OTD you have 2 1/1s and I am left with 2 cards, and I can't beat your board. DL

You get enough mana to hardcast Misdirection and play Inventive Iteration before I win. LL

You can't win if I hold up my counterspell, but since Rain of Filth is an instant I never have an opening to play Beckon Apparition. DD

0W 8D 10L = 8

After last round I had no clue what the meta would be, and it clearly shows. None of the decks I came up with were played, and I somehow managed to choose the worst one. At least it looks like maybe the turn 1 decks will be gone after this round so I can play some things I have been keeping in my back pocket for quite a while.

8. silkster: Badlands, Chrome Mox, Kuldotha Rebirth, Mind Swords - Round: Goblins Smash!

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan WW
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan WW
    3. Reeplcheep: Sinkhole, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Tribute to Horobi, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale WW
    4. dte: Jeweled amulet, Badlands, Mind swords, Kuldotha Rebirth Great minds! WL
    5. Phasmoid: Icatian Store, Icatian Store, Martial Coup, Finale of Glory LL, you get to X=2 on Finale on turn 6 and I can only deal 15
    6. alphastryk: Peat Bog, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Call the Bloodline, Nexus of Fate WW
    7. RoosterCocoa: Tundra, Beckon Apparition, Piracy Charm, An Offer You Can't Refuse WL
    Well, dte, RoosterCocoa noticed what we didn't. Countering the 0-mana artifact does nothing; countering the Rebirth gives us mana to Mind Swords for the draw; countering neither loses to 3 1/1s. WD
    9. FTW: Sand Silos, Misdirection, Energy Field, Inventive Iteration DD*
    10. maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal WW
    Super cool deck. I've always liked Dunes of the Dead and Rain of Filth, but never thought of putting them together, mostly because I haven't though of Rain of Filth in a decade.

*On the draw:
    Silos tapped; Rebirth.
    1 counters; Hit for 3 (17).
    2 counters; Hit for 3 (14).
    3 counters; Hit for 3 (11).
    4 counters; Hit for 3 (8).
    Iteration, kill 1 goblin; Hit for 2 (6).
    Silo-1, Saga-2; Hit for 2 (4), then cast Mind Swords, and you don't have enough life to kill me, but obviously I can't get through (and if I could get through, then you would just go on the Energy Field plan instead).

12W, 3D, 3L, 39 points. I agree with dte on everything except the draw against RoosterCocoa.

I had no time this round and didn't even open my spreadsheet, but I've been waiting for the meta to shift to 2-land decks and this was my guess for when it would happen. And it turned out to be my only chance cause dte would have gotten the cards banned out from under me anyway. I went with Chrome Mox in case anyone's plan was Stubborn Denial on T1 and then I could at least make 3 Goblins. It's not much, but I couldn't think of much reason to play any of the other 0-drop artifacts.

This is the first round where I was totally lost going into it, and had no read on the meta at all. I thought Kuldotha Rebirth was probably good, but couldn't figure out what to pair it with (I came close to submitting 2x Rebirth 2x Great Furnace). The Mind Swords combo is nuts, so I'm a little bummed I missed it. My biggest misread was thinking that we had finally entered a turn 2 format, but AngelPact and KuldothaSwords proved I was wrong. Very cool that every single deck in this round was totally new, though.
    Oddly enough, this was the first round in a while where I had at least a guess of what the meta would look like. And it is awesome that every deck is new. I hadn't stopped to appreciate that.

Looks like there will be very few bans this week, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I thought tabernacle was the best interaction last round and encroach got banned. So I ran this without much meta gaming.

7W 6D 5L for 27/54. Another performance just barely good enough to get banned.
    And if you lost just 1 of those points, we'd only be banning 5 cards this week.
    I've been looking at Tabenacle + Sinkhole for a while. In the Lotus Petal round, I think it would have been one DD and one LL away from a clean sweep for me.

5. me: ​ ​ ​ Icatian Store ​ , ​ Icatian Store ​ , ​ Martial Coup ​ , ​ Finale of Glory

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan ​ LL 0-6
    I can't create more than 1 token in time, so I lose to your T4 attack.

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan ​ LL 0-6
    I can't create more than 1 token in time, so I lose to your T4 attack.

3. Reeplcheep: Sinkhole, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Tribute to Horobi, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale ​ WL 3-3

when I am OTP:
    I don't pay the Tabernacle tax on the Rat Rogues, so your Echo won't get them.
    One of my lands gets Sinkholed, but the other untaps no later than T10 with 7 stored,
    at which point I still have 2 life. ​ That turn, I cast Martial Coup with X=5, destroying Echo.
    That locks you out, so I go up to 17 stored, and cast Finale of Glory with
    X=10 and 5 still stored to pay the Tabernacle tax on 5 Angels, winning.

when I am OTD:
    Your T10 attack would leave me at -1, so I can't wait for X=5, and have to try racing.
    I don't have mana to save the Rat Rogue from Tribute to Horobi entering, and
    the Rat Rogue from its II can't deal more than 1 damage to you before you would
    gain control of it, so I would need 10 of my tokens worth of attacks before T10.
    However, my T1 land gets Sinkholed before it can give me any mana, so I can't
    get enough mana in time to pay the Tabernacle tax for that many token-attacks.

4. dte: Jeweled amulet, Badlands, Mind swords, Kuldotha Rebirth ​ WW 6-0

Mind Swords would exile Martial Coup and 1 of my lands. ​ You get at most 6 attacks
    before my T7, leaving me with at least 2 life, at which time I untap with 5 stored
    and cast Finale of Glory with X=3. ​ That gives me 3 _Vigilant_ 2/2s, winning for me.

This is me.

6. alphastryk: Peat Bog, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Call the Bloodline, Nexus of Fate ​ LL 0-6
    I have various tries, but it seems to me that none work.

7. RoosterCocoa: Tundra, Beckon Apparition, Piracy Charm, An Offer You Can't Refuse ​ WW 6-0

I hold back on 1 land, to discard to Piracy Charm. ​ On T7, I cast Martial Coup with X=3. ​ If it resolves,
    then you lose, due to at least 2 damage per turn starting on T8. ​ Thus you Offer two Treasures for it, and I
    Can't Refuse. ​ On my T12, I untap with 4 stored, and spend that and both Treasures to cast Finale of Glory
    with X=4. ​ Even against a chump-block, you would lose to those attacking on my T15, so you block and
    give the blocked token +2/-1, to trade. ​ That only buys you 1 more turn, so you lose no later than my T16.

8. silkster: Badlands, Chrome Mox, Kuldotha Rebirth, Mind Swords ​ WW 6-0

Mind Swords would exile Martial Coup and 1 of my lands. ​ You get at most 6 attacks
    before my T7, leaving me with at least 2 life, at which time I untap with 5 stored
    and cast Finale of Glory with X=3. ​ That gives me 3 _Vigilant_ 2/2s, winning for me.

9. FTW: Sand Silos, Misdirection, Energy Field, Inventive Iteration ​ DD 2-2

You can cast Energy Field on T4, and I can't attack before T5. ​ If you hold
    Inventive Iteration, I can't beat Energy Field. ​ I untap with 7 mana available
    on my T6, so if you cast your threat, then you lose it to Martial Coup with X=5.

10. maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal ​ LL 0-6
    I lose both of my threats, and the game.

4 LL ​ + ​ 1 DD ​ + ​ 1 WL ​ + ​ 3 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 23 points

I don't have time to look further into this right now, but
    I found and marked 2 disagreements in the spreadsheet.

edit:
    Someone typing there live told me one of those was just entered wrong.
    I don't know if that's the case for the other too or the other is an actual disagreement.
    Last edited by Phasmoid; 06-03-2022 at 03:09 AM. Reason: response in the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    I don't have time to look further into this right now, but
    I found and marked 2 disagreements in the spreadsheet.

edit:
    Someone typing there live told me one of those was just entered wrong.
    I don't know if that's the case for the other too or the other is an actual disagreement.
    That was me. The other disagreement was something that I got wrong the first time too. I think once dte sees either RoosterCocoa's post or mine, it will be settled.

In any case, it looks like a very short banlist addition.

Badlands
    Chrome Mox
    Jeweled Amulet
    Kuldotha Rebirth
    Mind Swords
    Sinkhole
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    Tribute to Horobi
    Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.

Feb 2014

Indeed I agree on the disagreement, WD instead of WL for me.

Tough luck for RoosterCocoa, I thought it was actually a good deck.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I actually thought Peat Bog was banned already, which would've been hilarious for you to submit at this point, but it looks like I was thinking of a different season. OTP I make you discard Call. OTD you get Call and/or make me discard something with Sanitarium, and then I can't beat your token machine. 3-3
    I must have checked and rechecked the ban list at least 20 times after the last few mishaps

Thread Information