Page 278 of 332 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Let's lock in bannings for the next round. These are out:
    City of Traitors
    Hangarback Walker
    Phyrexian Revoker
    Sower of Temptation
    Steel overseer
    Svyelunite Temple
    Voltaic servant

I'll post final scores for round 1 as soon as I have all the results, but in the meantime:

ROUND 2 OF SEASON 11: LEGACY CREATURES & LANDS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 2, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 17th of November at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Quicksand, Daughti Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S11R02 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet (which I'll build shortly).

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 11-15-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sorry, I've started and stopped a bunch of times because the matchups are hard.

I don't think I 6-0 the triple Prototype decks. I make it 3-3. Ten damage on turn 3 means I need to block 2 Prototypes on turn 4, and at best I have a 3/2 Revoker, 3/3 Walker, and a tapped 3/3 Overseer. That doesn't appear to be enough to stabilize.

But I think I beat Silkster 6-0, yes the Overseers grow fast, but I'm growing a Hangarback at the same speed, and when it dies, my single overseer can create more power per turn than silk's two. Silkster wasn't sure, but appears to have been leaning the same way. It's the sort of thing where there's a ton of possible lines, but I haven't found any that look bad for me.

Otherwise I think I'm in agreement.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Sorry, I've started and stopped a bunch of times because the matchups are hard.

I don't think I 6-0 the triple Prototype decks. I make it 3-3. Ten damage on turn 3 means I need to block 2 Prototypes on turn 4, and at best I have a 3/2 Revoker, 3/3 Walker, and a tapped 3/3 Overseer. That doesn't appear to be enough to stabilize.

But I think I beat Silkster 6-0, yes the Overseers grow fast, but I'm growing a Hangarback at the same speed, and when it dies, my single overseer can create more power per turn than silk's two. Silkster wasn't sure, but appears to have been leaning the same way. It's the sort of thing where there's a ton of possible lines, but I haven't found any that look bad for me.

Otherwise I think I'm in agreement.
    Which would change the top-3. Thankfully I haven't received a deck yet.
    So Ballista lives and Revoker dies. Changing the things now...

I'm pretty sure this is right. PJim has to start blocking by the second Prototype attack, and there's just not enough there to hold on. OTP PJim gets one extra turn to play a body and activate Overseer before being forced to block, which is enough.

PJim OTP
    T1 SO / LP
    T2 HW / LP, EOT tap SO (2/2 SO, 2/2 HW)
    T3 PR / LP, 2x attack. Double block one with HW and PR, tap SO. One Prototype dies along with HW and PR (leaving 3/3 SO, 3x 1/1s)(PJim 15)
    T4 pass / 2x attack (take it, PJim 5). EOT tap SO (4/4 SO, 3x 2/2s)
    T5 pass / 2x attack (block with SO on one and 2x tokens on the other, then tap SO)
    The last 2 Prototypes die, and PJim has 2 tokens left. Might not be the most optimal line, but it's enough (and the Prototype deck has no meaningful choices).

PJim OTD
    T1 LP / Overseer
    T2 LP / Walker, pass
    T3 LP, 2x attack. PJim can either take it and then block 2 next turn, or block 1 now and 1 next turn. Looking at both lines:
    -- Block now
    HW blocks, tap SO, get 2 1/1s. (PJim 15). PJim plays PR and passes
    T4 3x LP attack, PJim blocks 1 with a token (PJim 5). EOT tap SO (3/3 SO, 3/2 PR, 2/2 token) / Pass
    T5 3x LP attack. PJim has to block all 3 and lose everything / Pass
    T6 LP attacks. Dead
    -- Block next turn
    PJim goes to 10. EOT tap SO (2/2 SO, 2/2 HW) / Play PR, pass
    T4 3x LP attack. Have to block at least 2, so SO taps, and HW and PR both block and die (3/3 SO, 3x 1/1s, PJim 5) / Pass
    T5 3x LP attack. Have to block everything, and SO isn't big enough to trade by himself yet. No matter how the blocks look, it leaves PJim with either 0 or 1 creature, and at least 2 Prototypes across the table. No way to win.

Looks like 3-3 to me too

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Sorry for the delayed response on my end. I do notice a lot of people thinking LP can attack right away in the 3x LP decks and it can't - we have to play out all 3 copies before it can attack or block as long as our opponent has at least 1 card.

Here's the results I came up with:

1. Asthereal (TO): City of Traitors, Lupine Prototype, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    If you play your Overseers out before your Prototype, you can grow your Prototype asap and I never have profitable attacks. LL

0-6

2. alphastryk: City of Traitors, Lupine Prototype, Lupine Prototype, Lupine Prototype
    This is me

3. Wrath of Pie: Svyelunite Temple, City of Traitors, Hangarback Walker, Sower of Temptation
    Sower does enough for you to take it, LL

0-6

4. PJim: City of Traitors, Steel Overseer, Hangarback Walker, Phyrexian Revoker
    If you lead with Overseer to be able to pump your other creatures as soon as they land, then Walker, then pump Walker both ways it quickly grows beyond a 5/5 and I can't get through because my Prototypes have to wait until I empty my hand. LL

0-6

5. GoblinSmashmaster: City of Traitors, Lupine Prototype, Lupine Prototype, Lupine Prototype
    The mirror - stare. DD

2-2

6. dte: City of traitors, voltaic servant, steel overseer, Hangarback walker
    Vertical growth creatures quickly outclass my 5/5s. LL

0-6

7. FTW: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Fury
    Moonman means I always get stuck with Prototypes in my hand, and you never play Fury so even when I'm OTP my Prototype can't attack or block. LL

0-6

8. RoosterCocoa: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Lupine Prototype
    Moonman means I always get stuck with Prototypes in my hand, and you never play your Prototype so even when I'm OTP my Prototype can't attack or block. LL

0-6

9. maxx!: City of Traitors, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Lupine Prototype
    Moonman means I always get stuck with Prototypes in my hand, and you never play your Prototype so even when I'm OTP my Prototype can't attack or block. LL

10. silkster: City of Traitors, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer, Walking Ballista
    Vertical growth creatures quickly outclass my 5/5s. LL

11. Reeplcheep: Swamp, Champion of the Perished, Gravecrawler, Cabal Therapist
    You're able to start making me discard every turn on your turn 3, which is pretty slow. If you use Therapist sacrificing itself instead, you can do that on your turn 2 to kill a 5/5 but the other 2 5/5s still run over your Champion, especially because Gravecrawler can't block. WW

6-0

Total: 8 points. Woof.

Edit - I put my values in the spreadsheet and marked some conflicting results we'll want to resolve.

@alpha:
    maxx's post above shows why you're 3-3 with me, and I'm pretty sure you're racing silk on the play too.

After your turn 3, you've swung for 10, if silk has played both Overseers, they're just 2/2. Silk can play Ballista, and on your fourth turn raise his creatures to 4/4 for the overseers, and 3/3 for the ballista. Enough to trade 2 prototypes, but still leaving just a 1/1 ballista to lose against the last. I don't see that playing Ballista sooner improves matters.

Your mirror with GSM is definitely a draw, so you're right on that one.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

@alpha:
    maxx's post above shows why you're 3-3 with me, and I'm pretty sure you're racing silk on the play too.

After your turn 3, you've swung for 10, if silk has played both Overseers, they're just 2/2. Silk can play Ballista, and on your fourth turn raise his creatures to 4/4 for the overseers, and 3/3 for the ballista. Enough to trade 2 prototypes, but still leaving just a 1/1 ballista to lose against the last. I don't see that playing Ballista sooner improves matters.

Your mirror with GSM is definitely a draw, so you're right on that one.
    Thanks, will update those results and take my 14 points :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and I'm missing only Gobbo. I'll give you a few more hours while I do work stuff.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I see what you did there

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Deadline has passed, and I'm missing only Gobbo. I'll give you a few more hours while I do work stuff.
    When did Goblins become so slow?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    When did Goblins become so slow?
    I guess they became busy with life, like the rest of us.
    Anyway...

DECKS FOR ROUND 2 OF SEASON 11: Legacy Creatures & Lands Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Ancient Tomb, Bonecrusher Giant, Lupine Prototype
    2. Reeplcheep: plains, Simian Spirit Guide, phyrexian dreadnought, Hushbringer
    3. alphastryk: Ancient Tomb, Crystal Vein, Lupine Prototype, Lodestone Golem
    4. PJim: Swamp, Elvish Spirit Guide, Cabal Therapist, Mayor of Avabruck
    5. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mayor of Avabruck, Granger Guildmage
    6. dte: Great Furnace, triplicate titan, insolent neonate, Goblin Welder
    7. FTW: Eldrazi Temple, Simian Spirit Guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian Dreadnought
    8. silkster: Plains, Icatian Javelineers, Cenn's Tactician, Solitude
    9. RoosterCocoa: Forest, Rishadan Port, Thallid, Mayor of Avabruck
    10. maxx!: Ancient Tomb, Kazandu Refuge, Magus of the Moon, Bonecrusher Giant
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Lupine Prototype

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Also, I owe you standings for round1 still. Here they are:
    1. dte: 42 - 4,2
    2. Wrath of Pie: 40 - 4
    3. PJim: 39 - 3,9
    4. RoosterCocoa: 36 - 3,6
    4. maxx!: 36 - 3,6
    4. silkster: 36 - 3,6
    7. FTW: 30 - 3
    8. Asthereal (TO): 27 - 2,7
    9. alphastryk: 14 - 1,4
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: 14 - 1,4
    11. Reeplcheep: 13 - 1,3

Sep 2011

7. FTW: Eldrazi Temple, Simian Spirit Guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian Dreadnought

This is the other deck I had last week. I thought it was the "obvious" Tier 0 (faster than Lupine or Overseers) and would be hated out, so I didn't play it. Turns out no else played it and no one played around it, and it would have almost swept. So I just windmill slammed it for this week. Looks like more people came prepared this time.

1. Asthereal (TO): I make turn 1 12/12 trample and race you. OTD Stomp is too slow to stop Mimic. WW 6-0

2. Reeplcheep: OTP I play Mimic and pass because I'll need both bodies. If you play Hushbringer, I play my Dreadnought first and then attack with Mimic (you can't trade yet) [R=18]. Then you play Dreadnought and attack with Hushbringer [R=19, F=19]. I attack with only Dreadnought and you trade (if you attack back, I get the 2nd hit first and win). More importantly, I had to lose a Mimic attack so Hushbringer overtakes me in the race [R=20, F=18]. I attack back for 2 but I'm always behind you. Your 1/2 kills me 1 turn faster.
    OTD you play Hushbringer first, then I play both creatures. You play your Dreadnought and attack in the air [R=21, F=19]. My Dreadnought attacks first and yours has to block again (can't race), but then my Mimic is again too slow to race your Hushbringer. LL 0-6

3. alphastryk: I make turn 1 12/12 trample and race you. WW 6-0
    4. PJim: I make turn 1 12/12 trample and race you. OTD you have Cabal Therapist but it's too slow. WW 6-0
    5. Wrath of Pie: Turn 1 12/12 again. OTD Granger Guildmage is summoning sick when Mimic lands. WW 6-0

6. dte: OTP I make turn 1 12/12. You play Welder. You take 12 [D=8]. Then you Weld the 9/9 Titan into play. Dreadnought attacks and you have to block, taking 3 trample [D=5] and getting 3 tokens. Welder untaps, and you can Weld 1 token into Titan again, giving you 15 power to block by next attack. After that you can attack with the flying token and keep Welding for value. LL 0-6

8. silkster: Solitude beats my deck. Your 1/1 kills me very slowly. LL 0-6
    9. RoosterCocoa: Turn 1 12/12 tramples over this. WW 6-0
    10. maxx!: Turn 2 Magus is too slow for turn 1 12/12. WW 6-0
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: OTD your turn 1 Magus slows me down, so I just play Mimic with "Mountain"+SSG, then cast Dreadnought on turn 2. WW 6-0

42 points (14 wins, 6 loss)
    Last edited by FTW; 11-24-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 2:

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Ancient Tomb, Bonecrusher Giant, Lupine Prototype <-me
    2. Reeplcheep: plains, Simian Spirit Guide, Phyrexian dreadnought, Hushbringer DL
    OTP I get to drop Lupine and keep up removal for Hushbringer, but you never drop your stuff and I can't attack. I didn't think my deck through very well, by the looks of things.
    3. alphastryk: Ancient Tomb, Crystal Vein, Lupine Prototype, Lodestone Golem DL
    OTP I get to drop my team and we trade boys. OTD I only get Lupine and you can just attack with your Lupine until I die.
    4. PJim: Swamp, Elvish Spirit Guide, Cabal Therapist, Mayor of Avabruck DL
    OTP I drop Lupine. If you make Therapist I Stomp it and race you. So you wait. If I now drop Giant, you make Mayor, which flips due to my turn. The turn after you drop Therapist as a chumper and you would win. So I can't do that and have to wait for the draw. OTD Therapist makes me lose the Giant and Mayor is fast enough.
    5. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mayor of Avabruck, Granger Guildmage DD
    OTP I drop Lupine. If you do nothing, I can drop Giant and attack (15), you drop Mayor, I attack (6), Mayor flips, you cast Guildmage, make a 3/3 and from here I lose. So I or you wait and we draw.
    OTD you can start with Guildmage (19). I make Lupine. You attack and wait (17). I Stomp Guildmage and attack (14). You drop Mayor. I drop Giant and attack (9). You wait, Mayor flips. I attack, you lose Mayor and I would still win. So you still have to wait and we draw?
    6. dte: Great Furnace, Triplicate titan, Insolent neonate, Goblin Welder LL
    You make Neonate and kill me with it. Lupine can't attack. And if I use Giant, I can't stop the 9/9. Which kills me in 2 turns because of Tomb, so I can't even race.
    7. FTW: Eldrazi Temple, Simian Spirit Guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian Dreadnought LL
    Should be the best deck. I forgot about the Mimic/Naught combo.
    8. silkster: Plains, Icatian Javelineers, Cenn's Tactician, Solitude DD
    If you exile Javelineers to Solitude my Lupine, I have to keep my removal back, or I'm too slow to beat Tactician. But if you don't, I will be able to race. So I drop Lupine and hold back Stomp and we draw.
    9. RoosterCocoa: Forest, Rishadan Port, Thallid, Mayor of Avabruck DD
    OTP I drop Lupine. If you do nothing, I candrop Giant and attack (15), you drop Mayor, I attack (6), Mayor flips, you cast Thallid, make a 3/3 and from here I lose. So I wait and we draw.
    OTD you can start with Thallid, I make Lupine. You attack and wait. I Stomp Thallid and attack (15). You drop Mayor. I drop Giant and attack (10). You wait, Mayor flips. I attack (1) and I would still win. So you still have to wait and we draw?
    10. maxx!: Ancient Tomb, Kazandu Refuge, Magus of the Moon, Bonecrusher Giant WW
    If you drop Magus I kill it. If you don't, my team is bigger and I win.
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Lupine Prototype WW
    If you drop Magus I kill it. If you don't, my team is bigger and I win.

Total: 21 points

Feb 2014

6-0, Killing with neonate.

0-6. Hushbringer and a bigger trampler, I leave you at 2 OTP... I should have used platinum angel.

3-3. Golem prevents me to cast neonate.

6-0. I am faster
    Edit 3-3, therapist beats me OTD.

5. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mayor of Avabruck, Granger Guildmage
    3-3. Guildmage kills welder OTD.

Me, thinking that removal was too low not to be greedy. and that moon would be played a lot. Turns out there is removal this round, including in moon decks.

6-0. Same thoughts on low removal, but better deck. I win the mirror though.

0-6. Solitude.

3-3. OTD, port prevents me to cast neonate.

3-3. Giant kills welder when I am OTD.

11. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Lupine Prototype
    6-0. What I was hoping to see!

Edit:33
    Last edited by dte; 11-18-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Similar to FTW’s deck, but I expected a lot of walking ballista in addition to blood moon. I thought the lifelink flyer might also turn some draws into wins, from my pauper bannathon experiences.

WD per above. 4-1

I think I was on the other side of this several seasons ago. Dreadnought is an artifact. WW 6-0

OTP I race. OTD mayor beats hushbringer. WL 3-3

Not the x/1 hate I expected, but I beat it nevertheless. WW 6-0

WW 6-0 per above.

WW 6-0 per above.

Solitude on hushbringer FTW. LL 0-6
    Edit: hushbringer protects itself from ETBs WW 6-0

OTP I combo. Thallid plus port every turn I believe races hushbringer. WL 3-3

OTP you can’t kill my hushbringer fast enough. OTD you kill me with magus beats. WL 3-3

Magus but no x/2 removal this time! WW 6-0

Edit: 16 W 1 D 3L for 49/60

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Mountain, Ancient Tomb, Bonecrusher Giant, Lupine Prototype / 4-1, Good catch on the not playing Therapist line.
    2. Reeplcheep: plains, Simian Spirit Guide, phyrexian dreadnought, Hushbringer / 3-3, Can't deal with a turn 2 Dreadnought, you can't deal with it being discarded.
    3. alphastryk: Ancient Tomb, Crystal Vein, Lupine Prototype, Lodestone Golem / 3-3, I just about die on the draw.
    5. Wrath of Pie: Mana Confluence, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mayor of Avabruck, Granger Guildmage / 1-4, Guildmage looks like it'll be better than Therapist. If I lead Mayor on my play it looks like a staredown, on your play Guildmage can ping him.
    6. dte: Great Furnace, triplicate titan, insolent neonate, Goblin Welder / 3-3, You are faster, but can't deal with Therapist on my play.
    7. FTW: Eldrazi Temple, Simian Spirit Guide, Eldrazi Mimic, Phyrexian Dreadnought / 0-6, Too big and fast.
    8. silkster: Plains, Icatian Javelineers, Cenn's Tactician, Solitude / 0-6, Double removal really messes with me.
    9. RoosterCocoa: Forest, Rishadan Port, Thallid, Mayor of Avabruck / 3-3, Therapist wins, Thallid does enough.
    10. maxx!: Ancient Tomb, Kazandu Refuge, Magus of the Moon, Bonecrusher Giant / 6-0, I'm Magus immune and Therapist forces Giant out.
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the Moon, Lupine Prototype / 6-0, I'm Magus immune and have plenty of time to stabilize.
    Last edited by PJim; 11-18-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Feb 2014

6. dte: Great Furnace, triplicate titan, insolent neonate, Goblin Welder / 3-3, You are faster, but can't deal with Therapist on my play.
    Not sure I have to ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Not sure I have to ;)
    I think you might?

What am I missing? You play Welder, I name Neonate, you play Neonate, I name Welder. There doesn't appear to be a way to have Welder in play and Titan in the grave.

Thread Information