Page 281 of 332 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

3. Reeplcheep: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau
    I expected a bunch of tap Lands so I decided to just play aggro. I deal exactly 20 on t3.

1. Asthereal (TO): Hickory Woodlot, Crystal Vein, Lodestone Golem, Mayor of Avabruck
    OTP I don’t give you enough time to set up. OTD you can make enough tokens to survive I think. WL 3-3

2. alphastryk: Crystal Vein, Elvish Spirit Guide, Wild Cantor, Magus of the Moon
    OTP I win. OTD magus stares at a lizard. WD 4-1
    Edit: trading benefits me since it lets me cast tireless tribe. WW 6-0

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Eye of Ugin, Crystal Vein, Thought-Knot Seer, Endless One
    OTP I am too fast. OTD you can make endless one as a 3/3 so we stare. WD 4-1

5. FTW: Hickory Woodlot, Urza's Saga, Ramunap Excavator, Mayor of Avabruck
    WL?
    6. PJim: Peat Bog, Crystal Vein, Rankle, Master of Pranks, Nether Spirit
    WD per below 4-1
    Edit: DL? 1-4

7. dte: Emrakul, the aeons torn, Howltooth Hollow, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Peat Bog
    The other deck I was considering. T3 goldfish > t4 goldfish. WW 6-0

8. Wrath of Pie: Dreadship Reef, Creeping Tar Pit, Gilded Drake, Murderous Rider
    That’s a lot of tap lands. WW 6-0

9. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Havenwood Battleground, Anurid Scavenger, Fume Spitter
    I believe you stabilize by blocking and saccing. LL 0-6

10. maxx!: Swamp, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Grist, the Hunger Tide
    PW don’t like hasty 4/3s WW 6-0

11. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Crystal Vein, Bonecrusher Giant, Boldwyr Heavyweights
    Heavyweights is quite bad for me but OTP I have enough of a head start. DL 1-4

11W 3D 6L for 36/60

That’s quite a few 4-1/1-4s

The secret reason I wanted to play this deck: plateau being the first dual banned would be hilarious.
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 12-01-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Sorry changed my mind on this one to 4-1 in my favour. If I drop Spirit turn 2 OTP, it's only 20-16, I can trade Rootwalla then block Vengevine indefinitely while Rankle races. OTD it's 20-8 when Spirit lands, so Rankle can't race Tribe, and I have to hold him back.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Turbo-Golem went poorly last time around, but maybe Turbo-Moon goes better?

1. Asthereal (TO): Hickory Woodlot, Crystal Vein, Lodestone Golem, Mayor of Avabruck
    Turn 1 Moonman stops you from ever producing a threat. WW

6-0

OTP Moonman stares at Rootwalla, OTD you make too many threats. EDIT: because I can't trade Moonman with Rootwalla without losing to Tribe, your 3 power. lizard wins. LL

0-6

No matter who goes first, you always end up with a 2/2 Endless One vs my 2/2 Moonman. EDIT: However, because I can't ever trade my 2/2 without losing to your now unlocked 4/4, its a win for you OTD because you can start attacking first and I can't block. OTP I get to attack first to force the staring contest. DL

1-4

6-0

6-0

7. dte: Emrakul, the aeons torn, Howltooth Hollow, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Peat Bog

6-0

8. Wrath of Pie: Dreadship Reef, Creeping Tar Pit, Gilded Drake, Murderous Rider

6-0

You're always able to make a Fume Spitter but it can't beat a 2/2 Moonman. WW

6-0

10. maxx!: Swamp, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Grist, the Hunger Tide
    Turbo-Grist beats Turbo-Moonman. LL

0-6

11. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Crystal Vein, Bonecrusher Giant, Boldwyr Heavyweights
    Turn 1 Moonman stops you from ever producing a threat. EDIT: Moonman gets Stomped then I get run over by Heavyweights. EDIT 2: OTP Moonman prevents Needle from having counters so it doesn't work post-Stomp. DL

1-4

Total: 38 points.

Looks like Turbo-Moon was a good plan this round because people didn't play around it (not sure how many people had a turn 1 deck still using Cantor as a mana filter to make it happen)
    Last edited by alphastryk; 12-01-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Looks like Turbo-Moon was a great plan this round because people didn't play around it (not sure how many people had a turn 1 deck still using Cantor as a mana filter to make it happen)
    Cantor? No. Double ESG + Mountain? Yes.

No matter who goes first, you always end up with a 2/2 Endless One vs my 2/2 Moonman. DD

2-2
    Think this is 1-4. GSM is happy to trade and bring his lands back to life, so can attack into Moonman. You draw OTP though as you can swing once before the 2/2 appears.

6-0
    And this 0-6, because Stomp.

Sep 2011

Good meta call. You correctly guessed most of us would ignore Moon Man after SSG was banned.

No matter who goes first, you always end up with a 2/2 Endless One vs my 2/2 Moonman. DD
    2-2
    On your draw I think you lose to T1 2/2 Endless One because it can attack and race. If you trade, TKS comes down.
    On your play your 2/2 is first by 2 turns (Endless One is turn 2), so Endless One cannot threaten to race.
    DL 1-4?

Stomp can be cast off 2 Mountains. LL 0-6

Edit: I lose to Ninjitsu on unblocked Rankle, Master of Pranks

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Cantor? No. Double ESG + Mountain? Yes.

Think this is 1-4. GSM is happy to trade and bring his lands back to life, so can attack into Moonman. You draw OTP though as you can swing once before the 2/2 appears.

And this 0-6, because Stomp.
    Cantor means you can still make your Moonman in the Turbo-Moon mirror because it banks the mana for turn. But yes, double ESG + Mountain is the obvious version.

Revisiting the above, I agree with your analysis. Updated my original post and the spreadsheet

Sorry one more.

OTP Moonman stares at Rootwalla, OTD you make too many threats. DL

1-4
    2. alphastryk: Crystal Vein, Elvish Spirit Guide, Wild Cantor, Magus of the Moon
    OTP I win. OTD magus stares at a lizard. WD 4-1
    Again, Reep is happy to trade Rootwalla for Magus, he won't get VV, but a 1/1 would win, so he can attack with his 3/1. 6-0 Reep?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Sorry one more.

Again, Reep is happy to trade Rootwalla for Magus, he won't get VV, but a 1/1 would win, so he can attack with his 3/1. 6-0 Reep?
    Dangit, good call. And the fact that Magus gets in once while Rootwalla can't pump doesn't matter because 3 power means Rootwalla always wins the race and if I trade I lose to Tribe. Updating.

Sep 2011

I definitely win on my play with T2 Mayor T3 Ramunap. Before your 3rd attack I'll have 3/3 Mayor + 3/3 Wolf + 2/3 Ramunap to kill your team and then win with Constructs.

When you go first I'm at 8 before I get to do anything. I can play T2 blocker (Mayor or Ramunap) to kill Rootwalla [F=3] or Tireless Tribe [F=1], but then my T3 blocker (Ramunap, Construct, Mayor) is forced to chump Vengevine and I can't advance my board state.

WL 3-3

Sorry one more.

Totally missed that trading lets me cast tireless tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Stomp can be cast off 2 Mountains. LL 0-6
    Needle doesn’t do much without depletion counters. DL 1-4

EldraziSmashmaster Results for Round "Depletion lands"

Eldrazi smash, then Golem 3-3

Eldrazi smash! then stare 4-1

Eldrazi stare 1-4

That's me not playing red cards

Too many creatures 0-6

Rankle 3-3

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

Eldrazi smash! 6-0

Eldrazi smash, then 8/8 3-3

Total: 38 points

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Needle doesn’t do much without depletion counters. DL 1-4
    Oh good call, OTD have to play it out as a Mountain but then you can't make red mana afterwards, when you're OTP you can get it down with counter before Moonman. Updating again.

Feb 2014

A deck that goldfishes slowly against a deck doing nothing, and T4 if you use 3 or 4 cards.

I do have already two disagreements, so it is definitely possible I misunderstood my own deck again.

vs

7. dte: Emrakul, the aeons torn, Howltooth Hollow, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Peat Bog / 2-2, Edit: Forgot Emmy shuffled the whole graveyard. Think I still draw, in order to win you need to hit Sanitarium twice, and while Emmy is in the deck I could force the discard of Hollow.
    I do not think you can force anything. Sanitarium never hits the grave. If you do nothing, at the end of your second turn I make you discard a card (nether spirit), and at my upkeep a second one, so you'll never play rankle. From there I race spirit. If you play a land, let's see when you are OTP:
    - PJ Peat bog
    - d Peat bog
    - PJ rankle / discard ? if you do so, I discard Emrakul so no effect (next turn draw Emrakul, play sanitarium)
    - dte, play sanitarium.
    - PJ attack.
    - dte hideaway Emrakul, whatever you have chosen with Rankle.
    6-0. You need to play 3 cards to have a threat, so you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    EldraziSmashmaster Results for Round "Depletion lands"
    That's me not playing red cards

Eldrazi smash! 6-0
    I very much agree on Eldrazi smash!
    But I think they take their turn: when you are OTP, Seer smash; when I am OTP, Emrakul smash: Seer cannot take lands. So OTP I sit with sanitarium ready, if you play seer T2 I activate it in response. Then on my turn I activate again, shuffling all and hiding Emrakul. You attack with Seer and Endless one. I draw and play bog. You attack with Seer and endless one. At 6 life I play Emrakul, take an extra turn, and Smashes!
    WW.

So if I am correct, then:

6-0. T4 win or slow, as you prefer. I have 2 extra mana to pay an eventual tax on Emrakul.

0-6. Moon beats Eldrazi.

0-6. A faster combo deck, that really do not care about T2 discard.

3-3. Eldrazi smash!

6-0. Faster!

6-0

6-0.

6-0

6-0

6-0 T4>T5

Sep 2011

My deck can go
    T2 Excavator
    T3 Construct #1, replay tapped Woodlot
    T4 Construct #2, replay Saga
    T5 Construct #3, replay tapped Woodlot
    T6 Construct #4, replay Saga

Or
    T2 Mayor/Excavator
    T3 Excavator/Mayor, replay tapped Woodlot
    T4 Construct #1 + Wolf, replay Saga
    T5 Construct #2 + Wolf, replay Woodlot
    T6 Construct #3 + Wolf, replay Saga

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP T2 Excavator T3 Mayor curves under Golem, then I out-token you with Saga+Mayor vs Mayor.
    OTD Lodestone prevents Excavator and forces me to use Saga to cast T2 Mayor. My mayor stabilizes when I'm at 10 life. To break the Mayor stalemate, you can attack Lodestone into a 3/3 wolf, leaving you ahead 1 Wolf to win. I can't take advantage of that to cast Ramunap because Saga suicides before then.
    WL 3-3

2. alphastryk: T1 Magus beats me. LL 0-6

3. Reeplcheep: OTP T2 Mayor T3 Excavator leaves me with 3/3 + 3/3 + 2/3 before your 3rd attack, then it just gets worse for you with Constructs.
    OTD you get me to 8 life before I can cast anything. I can play T2 blocker to kill Rootwalla or Tireless Tribe, but then my T3 creature is forced to chump Vengevine and I can never stabilize. WL 3-3

4. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP Ramunap dodges T2 TKS, so you take Mayor. I get 3 3/3s long before TKS can kill me.
    OTD T2 TKS takes Ramunap, so I play Mayor. You can delay the flip with T3 2/2 Endless One, then I make a 1/1 Construct and Mayor flips on your turn. Endless One can't get through Mayor and I get to 2 3/3 wolves before TKS can kill me. WW 6-0

6. PJim: OTP I can outlast Rankle with the 2 Constructs
    T2 Mayor / Rankle discard (Nether Spirit & Ramunap) [F=17]
    T3 1/1 construct, Mayor attack [P=19] / Spirit returns & Mayor flips, Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & Construct [F=14]
    T4 1/1 construct, 3/3 Mayor attacks, +1 Wolf [P=16] / Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & Construct [F=11]
    T5 Mayor + Wolf attack, +1 Wolf [P=10] / Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & tapped Wolf [F=8]
    T6 Mayor + Wolf attack, +1 Wolf [P=4] / Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & tapped Wolf [F=5]
    T7 Mayor + Wolf attack, +1 Wolf [P=dead]
    If you don't choose sacrifice each turn, I keep getting more Wolf tokens and grow past your chump blocking
    OTD I can't make tokens before Rankle's sacrifice so Mayor dies.
    WL 3-3
    Edit: Can't make 2nd Construct. LL 0-6

7. dte: I can make T2 Mayor holding 2 cards in hand, forcing you to go slow.
    OTP T1 Woodlot / Bog
    T2 Mayor / Geier Reach
    T3 Mayor flips, attack for 3, +1 Wolf [D=17]
    EOT we discard Emrakul & Ramunap / upkeep discard Emrakul & Saga [library = Emrakul then Bog], draw Emrakul
    T4 Mayor + Wolf attacks [D=11], +1 Wolf / Tapped Peat Bog
    T5 Mayor + 2 Wolves attack [D=2], +1 Wolf / Discard Emrakul & play tapped Hollowtooth
    T6 Mayor + 3 Wolves attack [D=dead]
    OTD you cast Emrakul in time.
    WL 3-3
    Edit: You can go 1 turn faster with Hideaway on turn 3 LL 0-6

8. Wrath of Pie: OTP I play T2 Ramunap. If you play T2 Drake taking Ramunap, I play T3 Mayor and you're too slow to stabilize (T5 Swift End Mayor T8 Rider). If you don't take Ramunap, I make Constructs.
    OTD you'll have Swift End earlier but I still have too many bodies before Rider or Tar Pit are relevant. WW 6-0

9. RoosterCocoa: OTP I play T2 Ramunap, you play T2 Anurid. Then starting T3 I can make a 1/1 Construct (or Mayor) on each turn, but you can Fume Spitter it each turn, so I make no progress while your 3/3 races my 2/3.
    OTD is worse. LL 0-6

10. maxx!: OTP I'm fast enough to stop Grist before you can destroy 2 things
    T1 tapped land / Grist +1
    T2 Mayor / Destroy Mayor [Grist=2]
    T3 Ramunap / +1 make Insect [Grist=3]
    T4 Attack Grist & make 1/1 Construct / lack resources to kill Ramunap (either Grist is too low or Insect blocked), +1 make Insect
    T5 Make 2/2 Construct, attack Grist with 2/3 + 2/2... this should keep Grist off ever using the -2
    OTD you have more tempo to destroy.
    WL 3-3

11. silkster: Since your deck can only take 2 of 3 actions, I assume you Stomp Mayor and cast Boldwyr (no 4/3).
    T2 Ramunap / Boldwyr
    T3 Mayor / Stomp [F=12]
    T4 1/1 Construct / [F=4]
    T5 2 2/2 Contructs + 2/3, still not enough to hold off an 8/8 trample
    LL 0-6

21 points (7 wins, 0 draws)
    Last edited by FTW; 12-01-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Feb 2014

7. dte: I can make T2 Mayor holding 2 cards in hand, forcing you to go slow.
    OTP T1 Woodlot / Bog
    T2 Mayor / Geier Reach
    T3 Mayor flips, attack for 3, +1 Wolf [D=17]
    EOT we discard Emrakul & Ramunap / upkeep discard Emrakul & Saga [library = Emrakul then Bog], draw Emrakul
    T4 Mayor + Wolf attacks [D=11], +1 Wolf / Tapped Peat Bog
    T5 Mayor + 2 Wolves attack [D=2], +1 Wolf / Discard Emrakul & play tapped Hollowtooth
    T6 Mayor + 3 Wolves attack [D=dead]
    OTD you cast Emrakul in time.
    WL 3-3
    Not sure why I would activate sanitarium in my upkeep on t3?
    EoT I make you discard (your T3, my T2), draw phase on my T3 I draw Emrakul. T3 I activate sanitarium main phase, hide Emrakul. T4 I draw bog, t5 I win.

Keeping 2 cards save 1 turn against me, not 2, as I still hide Emrakul T3.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Not sure why I would activate sanitarium in my upkeep on t3?
    EoT I make you discard (your T3, my T2), draw phase on my T3 I draw Emrakul. T3 I activate sanitarium main phase, hide Emrakul. T4 I draw bog, t5 I win.

Keeping 2 cards save 1 turn against me, not 2, as I still hide Emrakul T3.
    I saw T3 upkeep mentioned in another reply and no other mention of your clock vs 2 cards. Upkeep activation does draw through the stack 1 turn faster. I thought you would have to replay Peat Bog and discard/Hide Emrakul after, but in this case you can hide Emrakul first if you activate main phase.

What's your clock vs 4 cards? If you might need to use Peat Bog more, you have to take much longer before you can safely hide Emrakul. If a player does nothing, you cannot hide Emrakul turn 3 and you might have to replay Peat Bog twice. Is there more time to win with 2 cards after you try to do things?

Feb 2014

I saw T3 upkeep mentioned in another reply and no other mention of your clock vs 2 cards. Upkeep activation does draw through the stack 1 turn faster. I thought you would have to replay Peat Bog and discard/Hide Emrakul after, but in this case you can hide Emrakul first if you activate main phase.

What's your clock vs 4 cards? If you might need to use Peat Bog more, you have to take much longer before you can safely hide Emrakul. If a player does nothing, you cannot hide Emrakul turn 3 and you might have to replay Peat Bog twice. Is there more time to win with 2 cards after you try to do things?
    The upkeep play is to gain one draw if the opponent does strictly nothing but have neither spirit (PJim). Then T3 I draw Emrakul, have bog as library, opponent 2 cards in hand. T4 play bog, t5-6 make opponent discard to 0, t6 hide Emrakul, t 8 play it. Technically win on t10.

If you do not play a thing to keep 2 cards, you have 3 turns to kill me with 2 cards, 2 attacks if we consider land + threat. With mayor that is 7 damages.

6. PJim: OTP I can outlast Rankle with the 2 Constructs
    T2 Mayor / Rankle discard (Nether Spirit & Ramunap) [F=17]
    T3 1/1 construct, Mayor attack [P=19] / Spirit returns & Mayor flips, Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & Construct [F=14]
    T4 1/1 construct, 3/3 Mayor attacks, +1 Wolf [P=16] / Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & Construct [F=11]
    T5 Mayor + Wolf attack, +1 Wolf [P=10] / Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & tapped Wolf [F=8]
    T6 Mayor + Wolf attack, +1 Wolf [P=4] / Rankle sacrifice kills Spirit & tapped Wolf [F=5]
    T7 Mayor + Wolf attack, +1 Wolf [P=dead]
    If you don't choose sacrifice each turn, I keep getting more Wolf tokens and grow past your chump blocking
    OTD I can't make tokens before Rankle's sacrifice so Mayor dies.
    WL 3-3
    It looks like you're using the mana from a single Hickory Woodlot 3 times. When you can only make 1 Saga token:

Woodlot | Bog
    Saga, Mayor | Rankle (Discard Spirit and Ramunap) (20-17)
    Create 1/1 | Spirit returns and Mayor flips (20-14) (Kill 1/1 and Spirit)

Now every turn you can attack for 3 and make a wolf token, then I'll attack for 3 and kill the wolf token.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I do not think you can force anything.
    Agreed, I was only considering sorcery speed Sanitarium activations.

Sep 2011

@dte against a player who does nothing
    T1 Bog
    T2 Geier Reach, EOT discard #1
    T3 discard #2, cannot Hideaway yet (in case you need to discard 2 more, otherwise you draw vs 4 cards in hand due to lack of black mana)
    T4 draw Emrakul
    T5 draw Peat Bog, tapped Bog
    T6 discard #3, Hideaway if opponent is Hellbent (otherwise you need 4th discard and cannot hide yet)
    T7 Emrakul

This clock could be relevant in other matches.

I can play Woodlot -> Mayor after your T3, giving me a few turns, but still not 20 damage. LL 0-6

It looks like you're using the mana from a single Hickory Woodlot 3 times. When you can only make 1 Saga token:
    Woodlot | Bog
    Saga, Mayor | Rankle (Discard Spirit and Ramunap) (20-17)
    Create 1/1 | Spirit returns and Mayor flips (20-14) (Kill 1/1 and Spirit)
    Now every turn you can attack for 3 and make a wolf token, then I'll attack for 3 and kill the wolf token.
    Oops, that's correct. At first I had this as a win for you after life totals are 4-2. Then I wondered why I couldn't make a 2nd Construct before Saga dies to get a 2nd Wolf. That is why.

Thread Information