Page 270 of 332 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Feb 2014

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    So does the emblem tick up to 1 on the 1st upkeep, 1st main or 2nd turn upkeep?

The 2nd turn upkeep thing makes cabal therapist really good again, and only really helps people who are ignoring the round rule… I don’t think that is a good idea.

1st upkeep or 1st main I will defer to the majority, don’t care either way.
    First main seems the most logical? Same timing as a saga or cabal therapist.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I think ticking up 1st main makes the most sense, and if that's what we're doing then Cabal Therapist is one of many powerful options but is not clearly the best option.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    First main seems the most logical? Same timing as a saga or cabal therapist.
    Yes, I decided to go for the start of first (pre-combat) main phase.
    You can send me a new deck if you want, but please wait until I open the round. I don't have a deck yet.

We're skipping a week. I expect to open the round tomorrow or the day after, and deadline will be next week Wednesday.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Too much time on my hands, so on the few inconsistencies / disagreements:

FTW vs PJim: should be 6-0 for FTW, push is game over for PJim.

I still think jhhdk deserves quite a few more points:

OTP each time
    Vs WoP, T2 mamba is a draw, it clocks way faster than halberdier.
    Vs Silk, T2 mamba is also a draw. Silk has to answer T2 fiend or Melira hits the board. Mamba hits for 2 poison. Then Silk cannot attack: attack with nexus is a nexus trade, and mamba would take the game. Attack with fiend and mamba + pendle takes the fiend and the game with melira. with familiar, then you can counterattack with nexus, forcing nexus trade (ahead on the poison race), and win with mamba. So silk cannot attack, and it is a draw.
    Last edited by dte; 09-28-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Me. silkster: Scrubland, Inkmoth Nexus, Judge's Familiar, Mesmeric Fiend

1. Asthereal (TO): Savannah, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, ReciprocateWW
    2. dte: smallpox, memnite, phyrexian tower, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    Hey, for once I actually had a deck in my gauntlet! WW
    I was so proud of this until I finished writing everything, then came back and noticed that I would have scored better had I just played this myself.
    3. Wrath of Pie: Mountain, Dwarven Ruins, Blood Moon, Keldon Halberdier
    Race to stop Blood Moon. WL
    4. alphastryk: Swamp, Encroach, Cauldron Familiar, Witch's Oven
    Discard vs. Familiar. WL
    5. Reeplcheep: Scrubland, Cry of Contrition, Serra Ascendant, Serra Ascendent
    Darn flying. DL
    6. PJim: Stomping Ground, Orcish Lumberjack, Aluren, Acererak the Archlich
    I kinda thought I'd be able to counter combo cards, but at least I can see now that I can't. It would be extra embarrassing to make the same Mausoleum Wanderer mistake in back to back weeks.
    T2 discard vs. T2 combo is WL
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Forest, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Berserk
    Elf; Familiar.
    Attack, no block, 1poison; Fiend take Invigorate.
    My plan is now to attack with Nexus, countering Berserk if necessary. If the Elf attacks, Fiend trades and Invigorate becomes a dead card. WW
    9. jhhdk: Pendelhaven, Inkmoth Nexus, Blight Mamba, Melira, Sylvok outcast
    Real awkward that Pendelhaven doesn't pump Nexus. I believe the WD
    10. maxx!: Swamp, Putrid Imp, Reanimate, Archon of Cruelty
    My discard is slow, but Familiar does its thing fast enough. WW
    11. FTW: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Fatal Push, Mesmeric Fiend
    On the play, I can Fiend the Push, then I have 3 creatures to 2. On the draw, your Fiend takes my Fiend and with Push it's 2 creatures to 1. WL
    12. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Encroach, Hangarback Walker, Mishra's Factory
    Familiar buys me time to get my lands out on the play. WL

@Silk: not to point out inconsistencies, but now you have one MU where you counter artefacts (WoP, and I guess that should be 0-6), one where you edited can into cannot, and one when you didn't (or you should WL against me).

And beautiful Mud deck, especially with masticore SB.
    I'm good with inconsistencies being pointed out. I fix the capitalization of card names in the shared google sheet. :)
    I thought I LL against you because you could wait to play 2 lands to pay for Wanderer. I now see that Sea's Claim can put a stop to that, so my conclusion was correct because two wrongs made a right this time.
    I'm still not sure that I LL against WoP, especially after it was pointed out that Walker can't make tokens. But I haven't thought about it too hard.
    Masticore was the king of the cafeteria table. I played Attunement into Frantic Search into Replenish rebuying Opalescence, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Delusions of Mediocrity, and Seismic Assault, and people still called that my "Masticore deck" because I threw in 2 copies of it. smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    5. Reeplcheep: Scrubland, Cry of Contrition, Serra Ascendant, Serra Ascendent
    Went with a boring 2 6/6s and a way to not fold to combo

Lost a bunch of points to using cry instead of expropriate or funeral charm
    Expropriate costs 7UU. I'm curious what card you meant to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Naturally, Magus of the Moon was already banned.
    I was expecting more storage lands/sac lands (because 100 life makes those strategies better), but that didn't happen of course.
    When I proposed this round, I was envisioning some great storage land battles. It was even the first place I started this week. Then I quickly realized that Infect still does its thing.

I'm game with banning Curse of Silence, though hilariously this is the one round where it looks really bad.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I'm still not sure that I LL against WoP, especially after it was pointed out that Walker can't make tokens. But I haven't thought about it too hard.
    Masticore was the king of the cafeteria table. I played Attunement into Frantic Search into Replenish rebuying Opalescence, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Delusions of Mediocrity, and Seismic Assault, and people still called that my "Masticore deck" because I threw in 2 copies of it. smh.
    Can you really blame your friends for only remembering the good cards?
    Otherwise WoP 3CB deck (no walker) beats yours, that makes it much simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Expropriate costs 7UU. I'm curious what card you meant to say here.
    I meant one of the remaining unbanned discard spells. Divest or Despise I think?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Looks like everything's resolved now, so here's standings for round 13:
    1. dte: 50 - 4,5
    2. FTW: 47 - 4,3
    3. silkster: 44 - 4
    4. maxx!: 44 - 4
    5. RoosterCocoa: 37 - 3,4
    6. alphastryk: 33 - 3
    7. Reeplcheep: 32 - 2,9
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 31 - 2,8
    9. PJim: 30 - 2,7
    10. jhhdk: 16 - 1,5
    11. Wrath of Pie: 10 - 0,9
    12. Asthereal (TO): 9 - 0,8

Which leads to these bannings:
    Archon of Cruelty
    Fatal Push
    Inkmoth Nexus
    Judge's Familiar
    Memnite
    Mesmeric Fiend
    Phyrexian tower
    Putrid Imp
    Reanimate
    Scrubland
    Smallpox
    Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Which leads to these standings for the season:
    1. dte: 48
    2. silkster: 45,8
    3. PJim: 44,1
    4. Serguei: 42,2
    5. maxx!: 41,2
    6. alphastryk: 40,8
    7. FTW: 40,3
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 38,1
    9. mattamort: 34,9
    10. RoosterCocoa: 33,2
    11. Tylert: 29,6
    12. Wrath of Pie: 27,4
    13. Reeplcheep: 26,4
    14. Asthereal (TO): 22,2
    15. jhhdk: 20
    16. Phasmoid: 17,1
    17. H: 10
    18. shiftyhomunculus: 3,1

So with two more rounds to go, dte keeps buldijng out his lead over silk and PJim, though it's still quite close.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 14 OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Vials Galore: Each player starts the game with an emblem in play that has "At the beginning of your pre-combat main phase, you may put a Vial counter on this emblem." and has "(0): Put a creature card from your hand with converted mana cost equal to the number of Vial counters on this emblem onto the battlefield. You can use this ability only once per turn, and then not anymore until your next turn." Additional banning: Suppression Field

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 14, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 6th of October at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Quicksand, Desert, Suq'Ata Lancer.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R14 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck building!

Please note that I already received two decks before creating my own. These players can of course send me a new deck, if they want. There's plenty of time.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed, and we're pretty complete by the look of things.

@Reeplcheep: You sent me your deck before I created my own, so I'd like to give you the opportunity to send me something new, if you want.
    I'll give you a few hours while I do work stuff, and try to post decks around 16:00h.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    The deadline has passed, and we're pretty complete by the look of things.

@Reeplcheep: You sent me your deck before I created my own, so I'd like to give you the opportunity to send me something new, if you want.
    I'll give you a few hours while I do work stuff, and try to post decks around 16:00h.
    Nah I am sticking with it. I can’t think of anything better and at least this way I know it’s legal.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Cool. Here we go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 14 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Vials Galore: Each player starts the game with an emblem in play that has "At the beginning of your pre-combat main phase, you may put a Vial counter on this emblem." and has "(0): Put a creature card from your hand with converted mana cost equal to the number of Vial counters on this emblem onto the battlefield. You can use this ability only once per turn, and then not anymore until your next turn." Additional banning: Suppression Field

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Cabal Therapist, Tidehollow Sculler, Fire Imp, Ashen Rider
    2. alphastryk: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Fury
    3. Wrath of Pie: Ancient Spring, Chronomaton, Tidehollow Sculler, Containment Priest
    4. jhhdk: Mangara of Corondor, Karakas, Burning-tree Emissary, Ghostly Prison
    5. dte: Forest, metamorphosis, skyshroud cutter, Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
    6. PJim: Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Lightning Skelemental, Fury
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Mogg Fanatic, Restoration Angel, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Fury
    8. FTW: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Pyrokinesis
    9. silkster: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Containment Priest, Grist, the Hunger Tide is banned, so becomes Swamp?
    10. RoosterCocoa: Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Solitude, Solitude
    11. maxx!: Cursecatcher, Mogg Fanatic, Containment Priest, Fury
    12. Reeplcheep: Impulsive Pilferer, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Angrath, The Flame Chained

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Asthereal; 10-10-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Feb 2014

Large edit after FTW showed me I didn't read my cards properly:

I play storm, normally a bad MU for Death & Taxes: 5. dte: Forest, metamorphosis, skyshroud cutter, Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
    Turn 1 get 3 4/4. Edit: one 4/4, one 3/3 and one 2/2. Not as great as I though...
    I got no idea after I asked for the ban of my own decks (priest, sculler, solitude, cabal therapist, other iterations with gut shot and cabal T, etc.) and then it all boiled down to priest T1 (that no one played) or priest T2 (that many played), and how to kill priest... not so interesting. So I went for an old deck that did not care about vial nor priest.

6-0.

2. alphastryk: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Fury
    0-6. Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar was not on my radar at all, but bigger dudes don't care.

3. Wrath of Pie: Ancient Spring, Chronomaton, Tidehollow Sculler, Containment Priest
    0-6. Smaller dudes are not as good as big ones :/
    Nice with the spring for both chrono or sculler through priest / sculler + priest.

0-6. T2 prison gets me, on top of that you have karakas to remove one of my 4/4. Clever deck!

me, badstorming against death & taxes.

2-2. If I play my dudes and you evoke Fury to kill the 4/4, it is 3/3 and 2/2 vs 2/2 and 1/1. If you play all cards with vial:
    OTD: T1 CT, 3 ooze. T2 priest, attack & trade vs the 3/3 (19) T3, keep elemental to block, I cannot get through if I attack. You cannot attack either. If you let vial up to use fury, it would also be a draw. OTP it should be the same, even the large life swing does not change that.

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Mogg Fanatic, Restoration Angel, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Fury
    0-6, I am too slow

8. FTW: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Pyrokinesis
    6-0. This MU did not change.

9. silkster: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Containment Priest, Grist, the Hunger Tide
    6-0. But I am afraid Grist is banned?

0-6. I guess a first solitude exile the 4/4 and priest, which should leave you enough time to vial the second one, taking the 3/3 out. You win from there.

3-3. Cursecatcher gets me OTD.

12. Reeplcheep: Impulsive Pilferer, Swamp, Cull the Meek, Angrath, The Flame Chained
    6-0. Hilariously, cutter single handedly handles Angrath ;) ==> that still works ;)

Much less good than I imagined when I had 3 4/4. Reading cards is key!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

This was a pretty cool round, glad other people saw Containment Priest was by far the most powerful hate piece - definitely some variations on similar themes here. These are really really hard to figure out and I probably got a lot wrong.

OTP I can Fury away your Therapist and jam Priest before you can Sculler and that's enough.W
    OTD Therapist + Sculler is enough to always disrupt me. L

3-3

This is me

OTP I can Fury your Chrono and my Priest comes before your Priest or Sculler, and my Therapist can take one of them. However, you can still cast your other 2/2 so we stare. D
    OTD you can Sculler (via vial) my Fury and keep Chrono to cast and pump which is enough to beat me. L

1-4

OTP I can Therapist your Ghostly Prison and Priest + Fury prevents you from getting Mangara going. (If you hold it in hand, Priest wins, if you put it in play Fury kills it, I can force you to act on my turn for Fury by main phasing Containment Priest via vial) W
    OTD I can't beat turn 2 Ghostly Prison, but I can get 3 blockers out including Containment Priest and that's enough to force a draw because you can't get Mangara going. If you instead go for Turbo Mangara Fury beats it and I win. D

4-1

Nice deck, makes a 2/2, a 3/3, and a 4/4 on turn 1. I think I can steal long enough for Fury to kill the 4/4 though - I make a 3/3, then a 1/1/ chump blocker, then a 2/2 chump blocker, then kill your 4/4 on my turn 6, which I think is enough? Lets see (starting OTD for me):
    d turn 1: 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, a vial in Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar
    a turn 1: main phase vial in Therapist (3/3, 1/1)
    d turn 2: if you attack with all, I can trade both my creatures for your 4/4 and take 5 (d: 20, a:15)
    a turn 2: main phase vial Priest (2/2)
    d turn 3: attack, trade 2/2 for 2/2, take 3. (d: 20, a: 12)
    a turn 3: vial to 3
    d turn 3: attack for 3 (d: 20, a: 9)
    a turn 4: vial to 4
    d turn 4: attack for 3 (d: 20, a: 6)
    a turn 5: vial to 5, make Fury killing the 3/3. a wins.
    OTP should be basically the same.

6-0

An almost mirror! Each of us should be able to hold our Therapists for our turn 2 upkeeps with vial on 1 to protect it from Fury. For me however, with my 0 drop I'm able to use my Therapist right away on my turn 2 (at the cost of not having Priest on turn 2). This is going to be really hard.
    OTP I get my Therapist first, then you play yours. If I burn Fury and my 3/3 to kill your Therapist to protect my Priest, then you Fury my Priest and make your Priest to win. If I instead make my 3/3 on my turn 1, then make my Therapist in my upkeep after you make yours, I can Therapist you twice taking your Priest on my turn 2 and your Skelemental on my turn 3. Your Therapist in the meantime takes my Priest, leaving us each with just a Fury to stare at each other.
    OTD I'm able to use my Therapist first still, so I think it plays out the same.

2-2

On theme with goblins to smash! Your Mogg Fanatic can always take care of my Therapist, but because you can't beat Priest you have to use Fury pitching Kiki to kill it, but then your Angel dies to my slow Fury via vial if you play it, and if you don't my 3/3 kills you. WW

6-0

The almost mirror. Pyrokinesis being able to kill an upkeep Therapist is relevant here, as I can't protect mine but you can protect yours. That means you should be able to take my Priest while keeping yours, but I can still either have a 3/3 or Fury your Priest - the fact that Fury is a threat in a long game seems like it helps me out enough. Need to revisit but at first glance I think this is an awkward draw.

2-2

9. silkster: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Containment Priest, Grist, the Hunger Tide
    Prowler stops the upkeep Therapist timing thing, so your Therapist is better than mine. I don't see how I can beat your Therapist and keep Fury to beat Grist because Priest doesn't stop Grist - nice choice. LL

0-6

Solitude having Flash is nice, prevents the upkeep Therapist plan, but I don't need to worry about that since you don't have a 0-drop. We both need to prevent Therapist and prevent Priest, but that leaves us each with just whoever gets Priest first, so we hold Priests and pitch cards and stare.

2-2

OTP If you use Fanatic to stop my Therapist which would take your Priest, you don't have Fury to stop my Priest and that's enough - I can win with a 3/3 and a 2/2 from there.
    OTD you put out Fanatic and go for a fast Priest before I'm able to Therapist, so I'm forced to Fury it, but that means I can get my Priest out and my 2/2 beats your 1/1 from there.

6-0

12. Reeplcheep: Impulsive Pilferer, Swamp, Cull the Meek, Angrath, the Flame-Chained
    Assuming Cull the Meek is supposed to be Culling the Weak, you get your planes walker on your turn 1 and it grows beyond where Fury can kill it - I don't see how I ever beat that. LL

0-6

total: 32? Very unsure on some of these

Sep 2011

I play storm, normally a bad MU for Death & Taxes: 5. dte: Forest, metamorphosis, skyshroud cutter, Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
    Turn 1 get 3 4/4.
    I am afraid you have overestimated Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
    https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/C...verseid=525590

It counts Oozes in play only, not the stack. They do not enter simultaneously. Storm 2 makes this stack:
    Nontoken Ooze -> Ooze copy #1 -> Ooze copy #2

Copy #2 is 2/2
    Copy #1 is 3/3 (seeing 1 other Ooze)
    Nontoken Ooze is 4/4 (seeing 2 other Ooze)

Fury/Pyrokinesis kills the 4/4 leaving you with 3/3 + 2/2. This changes many matchups.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I am afraid you have overestimated Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
    https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/C...verseid=525590

It counts Oozes in play only, not the stack. They do not enter simultaneously. Storm 2 makes this stack:
    Nontoken Ooze -> Ooze copy #1 -> Ooze copy #2

Copy #2 is 2/2
    Copy #1 is 3/3 (seeing 1 other Ooze)
    Nontoken Ooze is 4/4 (seeing 2 other Ooze)

Fury/Pyrokinesis kills the 4/4 leaving you with 3/3 + 2/2. This changes many matchups.
    Damn, you are absolutely right, totally miscounted this :/
    Sad, there was quite a few of other valid candidates in the 5 mana slot, I took this one because I liked the idea of storm vs vial.
    Will edit now.

1. Asthereal (TO): Cabal Therapist, Tidehollow Sculler, Fire Imp, Ashen Rider WL
    2. alphastryk: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Fury WL - This was close to one of the options in my gauntlet, except it had Stromkirk Noble and Pyrokinesis.
    4. jhhdk: Mangara of Corondor, Karakas, Burning-tree Emissary, Ghostly Prison WD - You never get Mangara, sadly. You do get a Ghostly Prison to force a draw, though.
    5. dte: Forest, metamorphosis, skyshroud cutter, Aeve, Progenitor Ooze WW - I survive on 2 life on the draw.
    6. PJim: Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Lightning Skelemental, Fury WL
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Mogg Fanatic, Restoration Angel, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Fury WW
    8. FTW: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Pyrokinesis WL
    9. silkster: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Containment Priest, Grist, the Hunger Tide WW
    10. RoosterCocoa: Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Solitude, Solitude WL
    11. maxx!: Cursecatcher, Mogg Fanatic, Containment Priest, Fury WW
    12. Reeplcheep: Impulsive Pilferer, Swamp, Cull the Meek, Angrath, The Flame Chained WL - Clever, but two creatures make Angrath very mad on the play.

15w1d = 46 points

Once I realized the round was all about Containment Priest (dte and Reeplcheep cleverly dodged it by not caring, which was probably the right approach), it was as simple as making sure that a single threat could outrace it and force out Pyrokinesis/Fury. Once I realized that lands were the key to making Containment Priest a liability (being able to cast and pump Chronomaton is really good, and helps dodge Fury), I ended up with this configuration.

Also, I got Ancient Spring banned, which makes me happy.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 10-10-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Fury doesn't do so well when the etb trigger doesn't happen when Containment Priest is on the battlefield.
    Fury works just fine? Its being cast via evoke so Containment Priest doesn't care

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Fury works just fine? Its being cast via evoke so Containment Priest doesn't care
    My mind does silly things.

Sep 2011

This is me

The almost mirror. Pyrokinesis being able to kill an upkeep Therapist is relevant here, as I can't protect mine but you can protect yours. That means you should be able to take my Priest while keeping yours, but I can still either have a 3/3 or Fury your Priest - the fact that Fury is a threat in a long game seems like it helps me out enough. Need to revisit but at first glance I think this is an awkward draw.
    2-2
    OTP I should be able to break the draw.

FTW vs alphastryk OTP
    F - Vial @ 1 and pass
    A - You must choose whether to make a 3/3 or tick Vial to 1 with Asmo in hand
    EOT I Vial Cabal Therapist

F - Vial @ 2. Therapist takes Fury. Containment Priest.
    In response you can make Therapist or Asmo, but Pyrokinesis kills your 3/3+1/1. Then my 2/2 wins.

OTD you can try the same thing, except I have instant Pyrokinesis. Is it enough?
    Your T1 Therapist would trade with Pyrokinesis either way (I burn it or else you Therapy naming Pyro), then I can't beat your 2/2 Priest.
    Instead I just play T0 Asmo. You play T1 Therapist T2 Priest, and I make Therapist in response. But then you can Evoke Fury killing my Therapist + Asmo to beat me.

WL 3-3?

On theme with goblins to smash! Your Mogg Fanatic can always take care of my Therapist, but because you can't beat Priest you have to use Fury pitching Kiki to kill it, but then your Angel dies to my slow Fury via vial if you play it, and if you don't my 3/3 kills you. WW
    6-0
    This one is interesting. Restoration Angel is much better than Deceiver Exarch here! If GoblinSmashmaster waits until Vial is at 4, he can Evoke Fury (exile Kiki) for 4 damage at Containment Priest, then Vial in Restoration Angel to save Fury in response to the sacrifice, just like the Grief trick. Fury will return as a permanent 3/3 double strike dealing another 4 damage to kill your 3/3. Then your slow Fury cannot win through both Fury + Resto Angel. Your only line is to slow Fury to kill Angel/Fury and then trade with the other.
    DD 2-2?

I can interact with instant Pyrokinesis on Fury with Resto Angel's trigger on the stack, but then I lose to 3/4 Angel, so this is even worse for me.
    Last edited by FTW; 10-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information