Page 184 of 332 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Me: 13. silkster: Counterflux, Aethersnatch, Take Possession, Chancellor of the Forge

12. maxx!: Slaughter Games, Counterflux, Surrak Dragonclaw, Sandstorm Eidolon
    So confusing! If maxx! leads on Surrak, I can Aethersnatch, it gets countered, then I Chancellor for a draw. If I let Surrak go, Slaughter Games will hit Take Possession, and Chancellor still makes for a draw. If maxx! plays Slaughter Games first, I Aethersnatch, which can be countered (this loses, so not this) or responded to with Surrak, which also draws. Looks like draws all day long, but someone put this in as WW for me and I hope they're right! DD, 2 points
    That someone was me, and it was pure napkin math. A quick dig in my brain tells me I overlooked at least two things you mention here. You're probably right about the draws.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

With silk's results posted, I feel like we're close enough to start posting preliminary standings for round 2:
    1. FTW: 56 - 4,7
    2. Serguei: 54 - 4,5
    2. silkster: 54 - 4,5
    4. dte: 50 - 4,2
    5. Asthereal (TO): 40 - 3,3
    6. Tylert: 32 - 2,7
    7. Wrath of Pie: 28 - 2,3
    8. Reeplcheep: 27 - 2,3
    8. maxx!: 27 - 2,3
    10. alphastryk: 23 - 1,9
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 16 - 1,3
    12. H: 16 - 1,3
    13. jhhdk: 0 - 0

Which would lead to these standings in the season:
    1. dte: 9,7
    2. FTW: 9,3
    3. Serguei: 6,8
    4. maxx!: 6,7
    5. Tylert: 6,4
    6. Wrath of Pie: 5
    7. silkster: 4,5
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 4,4
    9. Asthereal (TO): 3,8
    10. alphastryk: 3,7
    11. H: 3,5
    12. Reeplcheep: 3,4
    13. jhhdk: 2,9
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

What if you just leaned into this really hard? Like, Tabernacle + 3x Mishra's Factories? Man, I even played Tabernacle in the Helm of Awakening round 3 seasons ago! I also see now that dte was thinking about this, which is not surprising. Oh, or Cavern and an unblockable creature (to not have draws against flash creatures).
    Take Possession turns out to be a problem for the Tabernacle strategy, and triple Factory does not solve that. Don't think there is an actual solution anyways other than to just accept the draw result.

Cavern of Souls doesn't work with the Dream Halls effect, unfortunately. (Well, unless your opponent resolves Grand Arbiter Augustin IV.)

It occurs to me now that round Supersize might need similar treatment to avoid Oko + Bridge. And maybe we wait to see what wins the Berserker round and then ban that.
    Honestly, Oko should probably just be on the regular Legacy banlist.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Take Possession turns out to be a problem for the Tabernacle strategy, and triple Factory does not solve that. Don't think there is an actual solution anyways other than to just accept the draw result.
    Take possession cannot interact with marit lage though.

Cavern of Souls doesn't work with the Dream Halls effect, unfortunately. (Well, unless your opponent resolves Grand Arbiter Augustin IV.)
    I just meant you could play Tabernacle + Cavern + Slither Blade. That would have done quite well this round.

Honestly, Oko should probably just be on the regular Legacy banlist.
    I'm on board with this.

I just meant you could play Tabernacle + Cavern + Slither Blade. That would have done quite well this round.

I'm on board with this.
    Doesn’t that just draw every deck with mind break trap, and lose to Jdh?

On board with the oko ban.

The threat you are looking for is probably Quagnoth. (I am aware that Slither Blade can be cast with Cavern, but Time Stop and Mindbreak Trap are things that are not worth being weak to.)

Using Cavern for Tabernacle mana is an idea, but something like Sheltered Valley would likely be better.

Sep 2011

The threat you are looking for is probably Quagnoth. (I am aware that Slither Blade can be cast with Cavern, but Time Stop and Mindbreak Trap are things that are not worth being weak to.)

Using Cavern for Tabernacle mana is an idea, but something like Sheltered Valley would likely be better.
    Good point.

This would have 2-2'd Aluren, lost to Wheel and Deal + double Guile, and 6-0'd everything else.
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Sheltered Valley, Quagnoth, Voidslime

So hard to predict the meta though. Tabernacle seemed weak to T1 combo. I brewed some T1 infinite storm decks and T0 wheel decks and thought anything that couldn't beat those would be in trouble. Tabernacle would have been very strong in this counter-heavy meta though.

Take Possession does stop Marit Lage because you have to play Dark Depths and Stage on separate turns, and you can just steal one of the two lands. In the deck with Urborg and Tabernacle, you could then tap the land for mana to pay the upkeep on your creature (Chancellor, Guile).

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Good point.

This would have 2-2'd Aluren, lost to Wheel and Deal + double Guile, and 6-0'd everything else.
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Sheltered Valley, Quagnoth, Voidslime

So hard to predict the meta though. Tabernacle seemed weak to T1 combo. I brewed some T1 infinite storm decks and T0 wheel decks and thought anything that couldn't beat those would be in trouble. Tabernacle would have been very strong in this counter-heavy meta though.

Take Possession does stop Marit Lage because you have to play Dark Depths and Stage on separate turns, and you can just steal one of the two lands. In the deck with Urborg and Tabernacle, you could then tap the land for mana to pay the upkeep on your creature (Chancellor, Guile).
    Your deck would have also 2-2 against Asthereal)(choice), Maxx (surrak) and me (hulk).

Lage does not care about take possession: play taby, dark depth and urbog, and start removing counters. If silk plays possession on any land, play stage FTW. If not, remove the last counter at the end of his turn. Lose to aluren and wheel, and 6-0 the rest.

I was trying to find a way to not draw against Chromium or Surrak being flashed in as a blocker. Just playing a bunch of Mishra's Factories is better. I was just trying to find some low-hanging fruit that would have done very well overall. I wasn't trying to find the optimal deck for this week. To that end, I'm glad my inclusion of Take Possession has thrown a wrench into the quest for the perfect deck for this round and generated much discussion!

Sorry for being away. I had a hellish week last week. At a glance my results look right. I’ll try to send something in for round 3 tonight, and then work out my results for rounds 2 and 3 in the next few days.

(+1 to the rule change for this round)

When is the deadline for the round 3 ?

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Serguei View Post
    When is the deadline for the round 3 ?
    11AM CEST today, so in a bit less than 3h.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Your deck would have also 2-2 against Asthereal)(choice), Maxx (surrak) and me (hulk).

Lage does not care about take possession: play taby, dark depth and urbog, and start removing counters. If silk plays possession on any land, play stage FTW. If not, remove the last counter at the end of his turn. Lose to aluren and wheel, and 6-0 the rest.
    Lage stll seems like a bad choice for that meta.

0-6 to Aluren and Wheel from turn 1s
    Then 0-6 to the rest from running Dark Depths on the banlist

Feb 2014

Then 0-6 to the rest from running Dark Depths on the banlist
    Oops!
    Good catch, but it just ruins the deck I was planning to submit for R3.
    I need to be more careful with the banlist :(

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Oops!
    Good catch, but it just ruins the deck I was planning to submit for R3.
    I need to be more careful with the banlist :(
    It ruins mine too. That's how I noticed, and also why I decided to post that before the deadline.

Feb 2014

It ruins mine too. That's how I noticed, and also why I decided to post that before the deadline.
    Thank you very much for doing so.
    I was unhappy with my deck and thought I would just post it at the last minute if nothing better popped up into my head.
    Now it seems I have to go with one I am even less happy with :/

It ruined mine three!?
    My pre-banlist pre-creature/land only list was Dark Depths, Urborg, Tomb of impossible to spell, Thespian's Stage, Shrouded Lore

11am cest today, so in a bit less than 3h.
    11:47am cest /tap /tap in a no stress kind of way.

Man, I see at least 3 very different styles of deck to choose from and many ways to build in each style. I wonder if Berserker could be the next banathon season. But also, I have no idea how to decide here.

Thread Information