Page 227 of 332 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Me silkster: Caves of Koilos, Detention Vortex, Encroach, Death's Shadow

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Desert, Errant Ephemeron, Vindicate WW
    2. jhhdk: Snow-Covered Swamp, Raven's Crime, Howltooth Hollow, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn DD
    You can't make me discard until you've played both lands, but then your recurrence ends. And you can only cast Crime once in a turn, so I only need one fodder card to discard.
    Can you lead on Howltooth and get enough discards in before I cast a threat? Here are the turns: HH, RC me, RC yourself, draw Emrakul, draw Swamp, draw RC and RC me, RC me. It looks like you're just fast enough that you can do it on the draw. If only I could mana burn or something. I think this is DD, but this is a weird and complicated matchup.
    3. Reeplcheep: Bazaar of Baghdad , Basking rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla , Vengevine WW WD Ugh, dte pointing out my weakness to flash blockers!
    I was saving this deck for the creatures only season. :)
    4. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Pithing Needle WW
    5. Wrath of Pie: Breeding Pool, Swarm Shambler, Sea's Claim, Pithing Needle WW WD Ugh, dte pointing out my weakness to flash blockers!
    6. alphastryk: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine WD Oooh, unlucky cards!
    7. H: Concealed Courtyard, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Stinkdrinker Bandit WW
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens LL
    I knew and accepted that I would lose to this. :P
    10. Tylert: Karakas, Lotus petal, Meddling mage, Chronomaton WL
    11. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls WW
    When I was considering my deck, one of the matchups I checked was this one. When I realized that I beat Electro-Footfalls by hitting to exactly 0 while at 1 life myself, I knew I had to submit this deck. Thanks for making it come true!
    Ugh, that's really upsetting. DD
    12. Serguei: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Goblin Rabblemaster WL
    I wondered about the Tomb/City lottery and whether multiple people would eschew City for Tomb.
    13. maxx!: Tendo Ice Bridge, Scythe Tiger, Branchloft Pathway, Raze WD
    14. FTW: Force of Negation, Judge's Familiar, Razorverge Thicket, Crashing Footfalls WDL
    On your play, either one of us can decide that my removal must trade with your Familiar, so that's going to happen. And I can't attack through two Rhinos.
    Familiar comes in clutch. :(

13W, 8D, 5L for 47 match points, and 4 found points for unplayed cards.

I didn't recognize anything as decks to beat, though I suspected a few usual decks to show up. I also felt pretty good about this deck because even if someone else decides to play Encroach, they're not going to match the rest of the deck. I did consider playing [cards]Tarnished Citadel[/strike], but I felt that it was important to be able to micromanage my life, as I thought was the cast against Rhinos. It looks like Citadel would have given me more points against jhhdk. I'm not sure Citadel would have cost me any points, so I think you're right.

The thing that interested me this round was trying to predict what decks others would play. I wondered if GoblinSmashmaster would play Empty the Warrens and if Tylert would play Aether Vial. I also wondered if everyone else would respect the fact that those two are the "owners" of those decks, in some sense, and kindly stay clear of them. I also wondered if everyone would respect the deck that I feel like is "my deck", though in the end Encroach felt too good not to play. In hindsight, I might have predicted that dte would be the one to play Electro-Footfalls.
    Last edited by silkster; 04-30-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Sep 2011

Sorry for making everyone wait. I got locked out of my TheSource account for a few days and couldn't post or log in. The account is tied to an outdated e-mail address so I couldn't just do normal password recovery. Finally made it back in this morning and just submitted the first thing I could think of to not waste more time.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    11. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls

My call was that Encroach and Magus were DtB and that basics were bad, so I played nolands.deck.

20W 6D 0L, 66. And as only card not played by others, electrodominace for +1. I was good with the whole deck until the late ones submitted :)
    Strong finish to the season. Congrats!

This deck was my 2nd choice, the aggro-Footfalls strategy, but I expected pure aggro to lose to the usual control decks like Energy Field, Ensnaring Bridge, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, and Isochron Scepter so I played a land + FoN instead. I expected more control/prison as catch-all solutions to whatever obscure cards people might try, since those were popular strategies in the other more "normal" rounds. You made the right meta call. Nonbasic hate was more popular.

Sep 2011

14. FTW: Force of Negation, Judge's Familiar, Razorverge Thicket, Crashing Footfalls

1. Asthereal (TO): Desert makes Familiar look awkward but I can just suspend Footfalls and Force Vindicate. 2 slow 4/4s beats 1 slow 4/4. WW 6-0
    2. jhhdk: If you Crime yourself or me, I Force it and exile it (preventing Retrace) so you can never discard Emrakul or attack my hand. Rhinos get there. WW 6-0
    3. Reeplcheep: OTP if I chump Vengevine with Familiar I'm at 2 life when Rhinos resolve (or 1 life if I trade with a Rootwalla). I need both to block, so I can never attack and we draw. OTD you're too fast. DL 1-4
    4. PJim: Interesting deck. You can kill something every 3 turns. OTP you stabilize at 3 life. LL 0-6
    5. Wrath of Pie: I don't see how you win this if I go T1 suspend T2 Familiar (Sea's Claim doesn't stop the Familiar). Shambler can hit 5/5 before Rhinos attack, but Familiar flies over while you grow. If you try to grow to 20/20, Familiar kills you while I chump with Rhinos. If you attack before you hit 20/20 (needs to be at least 9/9 to get through Rhinos) I take the hit and swing back with both Rhinos for 8. Then if you try to attack again for lethal I can chump with Familiar and counterattack with both Rhinos for lethal. If you don't, Familiar keeps chipping in. WW 6-0?
    6. alphastryk: Same as Reeplcheep. DL 1-4
    7. H: Force on Bitterblossom disrupts this, because you can't Prowl the Bandit after attacking with Mutavault. Rhinos beat Mutavault. WW 6-0
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Force on Lotus Petal stops the Goblin smashing. WW 6-0
    9. silkster: OTP I suspend Rhinos then play Familiar. Familiar trades with Detention Vortex either way. Can 2 Rhinos not beat Shadow, when I can attack before Shadow resolves? OTD I Force Encroach but lose the Familiar, so you can Vortex one of the Rhinos. WL 3-3?
    10. Tylert: Force on Lotus Petal stops Meddling Mage, but I think Chronomaton is enough to beat me without Familiar. I took a gamble that no one would play Chronomaton because it's too popular. LL 0-6
    11. dte: Faster Rhinos race and cost me a season point LL 0-6
    12. Serguei: OTP I suspend Rhinos but they're too slow for Rabblemaster. OTD Magus locks me out. LL 0-6
    13. maxx!: I suspend Rhinos, let Raze resolve, and Rhinos beat the Tiger. WW 6-0

41 points (13? wins, 2 draws) +3 season points

Sep 2011

See my post.
    Chronomaton/Shambler would beat the suspend Rhinos on their own, but Judge's Familiar flies over while you grow and takes you low enough that a Rhino counterattack/chump block could kill you if you make a non-lethal attack before 20/20.
    Sea's Claim could turn my land into Island, which still casts Judge's Familiar.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    The thing that interested me this round was trying to predict what decks others would play. I wondered if GoblinSmashmaster would play Empty the Warrens and if Tylert would play Aether Vial. I also wondered if everyone else would respect the fact that those two are the "owners" of those decks, in some sense, and kindly stay clear of them. I also wondered if everyone would respect the deck that I feel like is "my deck", though in the end Encroach felt too good not to play. In hindsight, I might have predicted that dte would be the one to play Electro-Footfalls.
    As much as I love aether vial, It doesn't shine in a powered environment like vanilla legacy. I tried it... too much :)

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    14. FTW: Force of Negation, Judge's Familiar, Razorverge Thicket, Crashing Footfalls
    9. silkster: OTP I suspend Rhinos then play Familiar. Familiar trades with Detention Vortex either way. Can 2 Rhinos not beat Shadow, when I can attack before Shadow resolves? OTD I Force Encroach but lose the Familiar, so you can Vortex one of the Rhinos. WL 3-3?
    I've already gotten 3 matchups wrong, and it could certainly be 4. I can beat the Rhinos, but the Familiar might make this awkward. I'm still thinking about this and will edit again.

If I start my turn at 6hp, I can cast Shadow and block forever. The same is true from 7hp, 8hp, and 9hp.
    From 10hp, I cast Shadow (go to 9), then I either take 4 from a single attack (to 5 and I'm safe), or I can block one attacker and life.
    From 11hp, I cast Shadow (go to 10), then I either take 4 from to a single attack (to a safe 6), or I block one and take 4 or 5 (trample choice) going down to a safe 5 or 6.
    The same is true from 12hp and 13hp.
    there's no way you can kill me without passing the turn to me while I'm somewhere between 6 and 13 inclusive, so I'm safe.

My plan is to do nothing and wait, so you can effectively start with both Rhinos in play. For math below, you always cast Familiar post combat.
    If you cast Familiar while I'm at 20, I go to 19 to Vortex and I'm safe.
    If you cast Familiar while I'm at 16, I go to 15 to Vortex and I'm safe.
    If you cast Familiar while I'm at 12, I got to 11 to Shadow, then your attack takes me to 4 and you still have two Rhinos and I lose.
    I can control my life mod 4. Going to 13 is likely best cause then I can cast Shadow going to 12, but I take 8 on the attack, which is no good.
    Okay, I think this is a loss...

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Desert, Errant Ephemeron, Vindicate
    DL, Desert + Vindicate is pretty good.

1-4

2. jhhdk: Snow-Covered Swamp, Raven's Crime, Howltooth Hollow, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    I don't see a way to win because playing out my hand gives you Emrakul. If I do nothing, you can't reduce my hand to nothing (and trying gives me a Rootwalla), so we stare. DD

2-2

3. Reeplcheep: Bazaar of Baghdad , Basking rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla , Vengevine
    The mirror! The mirror? DD

2-2

4. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Pithing Needle
    OTP: This will be a race.
    a t1: Bazaar, 2x Rootwalla, Vengevine, attack for 4. a: 20, p: 16
    p t1: Stronghold, Needle your favorite meaningless card.
    a t2: attack for 6. a: 20, p: 10
    p t2: Basilica, bouncing Stronghold.
    a t3: attack for 6. a: 20, p: 4
    p t3: Stronghold, Sliver.
    a t4: attack for 6. Sliver has to chump Vengevine and it doesn't get better for you from there. W
    OTD: Lose to Needle on Bazaar. L

3-3

5. Wrath of Pie: Breeding Pool, Swarm Shambler, Sea's Claim, Pithing Needle
    Needle beats me when I'm OTD but Swarm Shambler is too slow when I'm OTP. WL

3-3

6. alphastryk: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine
    This is my not unique deck

7. H: Concealed Courtyard, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Stinkdrinker Bandit
    Didn't do all the math, but I think I'm fast enough to make the Bitterblossom lifeless a problem for you. LL

6-0

8. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    EDIT: I can't win a race, but you can't win by attacking because Vengevine eats a Goblin every turn, so you attack getting in 5 damage, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 for a total of 15. Instead, we stare because nobody has profitable attacks.

2-2

9. silkster: Caves of Koilos, Detention Vortex, Encroach, Death's Shadow
    OTP: If I play out my creatures, I lose to Vortex on Vengevine. If I instead play Bazaar and wait to make creatures until you attack, you have damage yourself down to 6 to make Shadow big enough to survive a gang block ambush, and 6 life would let me kill you if you attack so we stare. D
    OTD: Encroach. L

1-4

10. Tylert: Karakas, Lotus petal, Meddling mage, Chronomaton
    Meddling Mage stops me when I'm OTD, but OTP it ends up a draw when Chrono has to block. DL

1-4

11. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls
    Electro-Rhinos too strong. LL

0-6

12. Serguei: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Goblin Rabblemaster
    OTP: Rabblemaster tokens can't block and I can always leave Rootwallas home to prevent Rabblemaster from attacking if it matters. W
    OTD: I lose to Moon-man. L

3-3

13. maxx!: Tendo Ice Bridge, Scythe Tiger, Branchloft Pathway, Raze
    Raze is powerless against my Bazaar aggro. WW

6-0

This is a pure race vs Rhinos and a 1/1, since FoN and the Familiar's textbook do nothing.
    OTP: I'm too fast
    OTD: Its a lot closer here, will do racing math:
    f t1: Thicket, Suspend Rhinos (4).
    a t1: Bazaar, 2x Rootwalla, Vengevine, attack for 4. a: 20, p: 16
    f t2: Rhinos (3), Familiar
    a t2: attack for 6. a: 20, p: 10
    f t3: Rhinos (2)
    a t3: attack for 6. Trading Familiar for a Rootwalla doesn't change my clock so you don't block (chumping Vengevine gets rid of the flier you want to break a ground stalemate later). a: 20, p: 4
    f t4: Rhinos (1)
    a t4: attack for 6. Familiar is now forced to chump Vengevine. a: 20, p: 2
    f t5: Rhinos arrive.
    a t5: I can no longer attack profitably so I wait. You also cannot attack profitably. We stare. D

4-1

Total: 34 points (+ 0 bonus points)
    Last edited by alphastryk; 05-03-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    2. jhhdk: Snow-Covered Swamp, Raven's Crime, Howltooth Hollow, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    I don't see a way to win because playing out my hand gives you Emrakul. If I do nothing, you can't reduce my hand to nothing (and trying gives me a Rootwalla), so we stare. DD

6. alphastryk: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine
    This is my not unique deck
    jhhdk can Raven's Crime you, then retrace to Raven's Crime the Emrakul, and set it up again. The question is whether there's a window somewhere in there for you to get in 20 damage. I have now idea if there is in this case, and I suspect most of jhhdk's matchups will be quite complicated. Mine certainly was.

Looks like I'm going to be too slow vs the field. I'd hoped land destruction would be shied away from as too obvious, but it was not to be...

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Desert, Errant Ephemeron, Vindicate // 0-6, Land D
    2. jhhdk: Snow-Covered Swamp, Raven's Crime, Howltooth Hollow, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn // 6-0, There are a lot of lines here, but I think between Needle on Hollow and recurring Sliver I can always come through.
    3. Reeplcheep: Bazaar of Baghdad , Basking rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla , Vengevine // 3-3, Needle on Bazaar wins, otherwise you're too fast.
    5. Wrath of Pie: Breeding Pool, Swarm Shambler, Sea's Claim, Pithing Needle // 0-6, Land Almost-D
    6. alphastryk: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine // 3-3, See above.
    7. H: Concealed Courtyard, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Stinkdrinker Bandit // 3-3, Needle turns off Vault and I can stabilize on the play, but too slow on the draw.
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens // 0-6, Too much.
    9. silkster: Caves of Koilos, Detention Vortex, Encroach, Death's Shadow // 0-6, Encroach.
    10. Tylert: Karakas, Lotus petal, Meddling mage, Chronomaton // 0-6, Mage.
    11. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls // 0-6, Too fast.
    12. Serguei: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Goblin Rabblemaster // 0-6, Magus.
    13. maxx!: Tendo Ice Bridge, Scythe Tiger, Branchloft Pathway, Raze // 0-6, Raze.
    14. FTW: Force of Negation, Judge's Familiar, Razorverge Thicket, Crashing Footfalls // 6-0, Just about stabilize OTD.

A pretty miserable 21 points. +3 unique cards.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Normal Legacy"

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Desert, Errant Ephemeron, Vindicate
    Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash, then crime 3-3

3. Reeplcheep: Bazaar of Baghdad , Basking rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla , Vengevine
    Goblin stare 2-2

Goblin smash! 6-0

5. Wrath of Pie: Breeding Pool, Swarm Shambler, Sea's Claim, Pithing Needle
    Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin stare 2-2

7. H: Concealed Courtyard, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Stinkdrinker Bandit
    Goblin smash! 6-0

8. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens
    That's me, smashing with Goblins!!

9. silkster: Caves of Koilos, Detention Vortex, Encroach, Death's Shadow
    Goblin smash! 6-0

Goblin smash, then meddling 3-3

Goblin-Rhino stare 2-2

12. Serguei: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Goblin Rabblemaster
    Goblin smash! 6-0

13. maxx!: Tendo Ice Bridge, Scythe Tiger, Branchloft Pathway, Raze
    Goblin smash! 6-0

You use the Force :( 0-6

Total: 54 points

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post

Total: 32 points (+ 0 bonus points)
    Waited for alpha because I am lazy

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post

Goblin smash, then meddling 3-3
    Here's my analysis of the matchup:

8. Goblinsmashmaster: 6-0 --> 41
    OTP: Meddling mage naming rite of flame.
    OTD: T1 = 8 goblins (8G). Meddling mage.
    T2 = (20-13) (7G). Chronomaton.
    T3 = (20-7) (6G)..
    T4 = block C1 (20-3) (4G)
    T5 = (20-1) (2G).
    T6 = At this point, you can't attack so I can grow chronomaton to a 20/20 attack and win.
    If you stop attacking before, it will be the same result as chronomaton will have to be blocked.

Tell me if you agree with this.

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Desert, Errant Ephemeron, Vindicate Some disagreement I am leaning towards DD
    If i always lead with Swamp, Raven's crime, you either lose Vindicate, the mana required to cast vindicate or your wincon.
    I am guessing I always win if you don't keep vindicate (and the mana required to cast it) so you do (and discard Errant).
    After that you vindicate my swamp and I am forced to play HH while not being able to exile emry, so neither of us have a wincon.
    2. jhhdk: Snow-Covered Swamp, Raven's Crime, Howltooth Hollow, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn <--- ME
    3. Reeplcheep: Bazaar of Baghdad , Basking rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla , Vengevine DD leaning to WD, OTP i take something which prevents you from casting VV and that buys me enough time to resolve emry afterwards. OTD: We stare because I am not fast enough to win if you Bazaar in response to RC on you.
    4. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Pithing Needle, LL Looks like DD, needle on HH stops me, raven's crime stops PJim
    5. Wrath of Pie: Breeding Pool, Swarm Shambler, Sea's Claim, Pithing Needle, looks like LL
    6. alphastryk: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine DD
    7. H: Concealed Courtyard, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Stinkdrinker Bandit Inclined to call it WW.
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens looks like WW.
    OTD:
    G: Lotus Petal, RoF, RoF, Empty the warrens(8 goblins)
    J: Swamp
    G: Attack 12/20
    J: RC, HH exile emry
    G: Attack 4/20
    J: Activate HH, Extra turn, Annihilate 6
    9. silkster: Caves of Koilos, Detention Vortex, Encroach, Death's Shadow looks like LL,
    10. Tylert: Karakas, Lotus petal, Meddling mage, Chronomaton LL
    11. dte: Simian Spirit guide, Simian Spirit guide, electrodominance, crashing footfalls WL
    12. Serguei: Ancient Tomb, Simian Spirit Guide, Magus of the moon, Goblin Rabblemaster LL, bloodmoon is bad for me.
    13. maxx!: Tendo Ice Bridge, Scythe Tiger, Branchloft Pathway, Raze looks like LL, If I play swamp and you raze i lose, If i play HH and you don't raze i lose.
    14. FTW: Force of Negation, Judge's Familiar, Razorverge Thicket, Crashing Footfalls, LL FoN kills me ... again.

It was going back and forth between smallpox and ravens crime when I built deck, once again I made the wrong choice, had the exact same with smallpox
    vs. innocent blood earlier this season. I am way too afraid of stifle and other regular counter spells.
    Last edited by jhhdk; 05-03-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    2. jhhdk: Snow-Covered Swamp, Raven's Crime, Howltooth Hollow, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn <--- ME

4. PJim: Volrath's Stronghold, Orzhov Basilica, Necrotic Sliver, Pithing Needle, Looks like DD, needle on HH stops me, raven's crime stops PJim
    So we disagree here, the way I see things with jhhdk OTP:

Swamp, Crime(Sliver) / Stronghold (If instead Crime is held to discard Emmy and Hollow next turn, I can drop Needle and have even more time than I get here.)
    Crime(Emrakul) - Deck stacks Emrakul, Hollow, Crime / Needle(Hollow), Basilica (If Crime targets me, I can discard Needle and win easily from there without interaction)
    Draw Emrakul / Stronghold, Recur Sliver
    Draw Hollow / Play Sliver

And there's nothing to do to interact from there. Being on the play is no harder, so I think I 6-0.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

1. Asthereal (TO): Ancient Spring, Desert, Errant Ephemeron, Vindicate Some disagreement I am leaning towards DD
    If i always lead with Swamp, Raven's crime, you either lose Vindicate, the mana required to cast vindicate or your wincon.
    I am guessing I always win if you don't keep vindicate (and the mana required to cast it) so you do (and discard Errant).
    After that you vindicate my swamp and I am forced to play HH while not being able to exile emry, so neither of us have a wincon.

If you are OTD and lead with Crime on me, and I discard Vindicate. How do you win from there? I don't see it.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    If you are OTD and lead with Crime on me, I discard Vindicate. How do you win from there? I don't see it.
    T2 retrace crime targeting jhhdk, shuffling his hand in library. 3 turns later, hide Emrakul, cast it on the fourth.

In race mode, jhhdk is also a T3 deck, so he should race the Bazaar decks even OTD.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

T2 retrace crime targeting jhhdk, shuffling his hand in library. 3 turns later, hide Emrakul, cast it on the fourth.

In race mode, jhhdk is also a T3 deck, so he should race the Bazaar decks even OTD.
    Oh wait, he reshuffles the entire yard. Right.
    So Crime on himself, from the yard, discarding Hollow. Hollow in yard. Crime resolves, Emrakul enters yard, trigger on stack.
    Crime hits the yard before the trigger resolves, so he gets all three back, and can cast Emrakul four turns later, which is well on time.

So I indeed need to discard Ephem and take the draw by blowing up Hollow when it's in play tapped.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    So we disagree here, the way I see things with jhhdk OTP:
    Swamp, Crime(Sliver) / Stronghold (If instead Crime is held to discard Emmy and Hollow next turn, I can drop Needle and have even more time than I get here.)
    Crime(Emrakul) - Deck stacks Emrakul, Hollow, Crime / Needle(Hollow), Basilica (If Crime targets me, I can discard Needle and win easily from there without interaction)
    Draw Emrakul / Stronghold, Recur Sliver
    Draw Hollow / Play Sliver
    And there's nothing to do to interact from there. Being on the play is no harder, so I think I 6-0.
    Yeah somehow managed to ignore that Volrath's Stronghold lets you recur creatures. I'll adjust my scores.

Not quite sure this is true, if they Bazar in response to RC on them I don't think I am fast enough.
    ?: Bazaar, Pass
    J: Swamp, RC on ?, Bazaar in response
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (14/20
    J: Retrace RC on self discarding Emry (Library Emry, HH, RC)
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (8/20)
    J: Draw Emry
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (2/20)
    J: Draw HH
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (0/20)

EDIT: Will have to figure out what happens if I start with RC'ing myself.
    ?1: Bazaar, Pass
    J2: Swamp, Pass
    ?3: Pass
    J4: RC on self, Discarding emry (will i get same shuffle very time I do this?)
    ?5: Pass
    J6: Draw 1, If draw is RC i can cast it targeting opponent forcing them to bazaar, while being ready to HH otherwise Pass
    ?7: Pass
    J8: Draw 2, repeat from J4

Feb 2014

Not quite sure this is true, if they Bazar in response to RC on them I don't think I am fast enough.
    ?: Bazaar, Pass
    J: Swamp, RC on ?, Bazaar in response
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (14/20
    J: Retrace RC on self discarding Emry (Library Emry, HH, RC)
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (8/20)
    J: Draw Emry
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (2/20)
    J: Draw HH
    ?: Attack 2 x 1/1, 1 x 4/3 (0/20)

EDIT: Will have to figure out what happens if I start with RC'ing myself.
    If you RC yourself T2, you win T3.

Thread Information