Page 229 of 332 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Pithing Needle and Phyrexian Revoker can shut this down too, so long as it shares a name with a card, so probably should be banned too (or the emblem renamed).
    It's an emblem and not a card. nothing can interact with an emblem.

about round 16 (Q): isn't head to head the same thing as turtle round from last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    It's an emblem and not a card. nothing can interact with an emblem.
    They prevent abilities from "sources with the chosen name", not cards. If the emblem has the same name as a card that is legal to choose, the ability will be shut down. Emblems don't have names, but it would absolutely be possible to interact with one that does in this way.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

CR 114. Emblems

114.1 Some effects put emblems into the command zone. An emblem is a marker used to represent an object that has one or more abilities, but no other characteristics.
    114.2 An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
    114.3 An emblem has no characteristics other than the abilities defined by the effect that created it. In particular, an emblem has no name, no types, no mana cost, and no color.
    114.4 Abilities of emblems function in the command zone.
    114.5 An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

about round 16 (Q): isn't head to head the same thing as turtle round from last season?
    Yes, sort of. I believe it was silk who mentioned that he wanted it to be 5 turns each, and in single player mode instead of what we did.
    I posted then that I would add it to the ideas for next season, so here it is.

Is this intended to stop effects that win the game at the Upkeep? I suspect it is and think it does, but perhaps worth specifying.
    The cancelling alternate wincons for the starting at 100 life round is mostly to stop cards from winning you the game if you have X life or more.
    I don't know all of them, but there are several.

The ability is just Persist (Kitchen Finks). Is the second half of this not true anyway? Googling suggests it is, but I don't know.
    Edited. I wasn't sure about the second half, so that's mostly there just in case. I could cut it, if people prefer.

Five responses so far, including mine. Don't forget to vote!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-06-2021 at 04:01 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Hi guys,

I am a new player who will take part to the next season. Thats why I replied to the survey.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    Hi guys,

I am a new player who will take part to the next season. Thats why I replied to the survey.
    Excellent. Welcome, and thanks for letting us know.

A few times during this season i found myself wishing my creatures had haste.
    Should we consider a round where ALL creatures have haste?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    A few times during this season i found myself wishing my creatures had haste.
    Should we consider a round where ALL creatures have haste?
    A Concordant Crossroads round could be a fun one

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    Hi guys,

Just so that you know and to avoid any misunderstanding, Matt's been playing with me and Serguei in the shadows last season (which probably explains my good ranking).
    Expect him to be at my spot and me relegated in the deepest part of the rankings.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Just so that you know and to avoid any misunderstanding, Matt's been playing with me and Serguei in the shadows last season (which probably explains my good ranking).
    Expect him to be at my spot and me relegated in the deepest part of the rankings.
    So Matt's the real brain behind your efforts, I see.

CR 114. Emblems

114.1 Some effects put emblems into the command zone. An emblem is a marker used to represent an object that has one or more abilities, but no other characteristics.
    114.2 An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
    114.3 An emblem has no characteristics other than the abilities defined by the effect that created it. In particular, an emblem has no name, no types, no mana cost, and no color.
    114.4 Abilities of emblems function in the command zone.
    114.5 An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.
    Nameless emblem, problem solved.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Concerning plans for next season
    About half of our regulars have voted for what they want and don't want.
    Those who haven't voted yet please do so still: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...vvRcw/viewform

(Plans are descibed in more detail here.)

PS. By habit I was deleting a few PMs, as my inbox usually could contain 100 messages max, which is tight if you run a competition via PM.
    So I get a glimpse of the bar at the bottom which indicates how much free space I have. It's nearly all green.
    Apparently we can now have 10,000 messages instead of 100! Nice!

Feb 2014

Should we discuss order too?
    For instance I think Fateful hour could be nice if it happened in the second half of the season, but I definitely not wish to see it as a first round.

Otherwise, regarding the similarity of Turtle-up and solitaire, I regard them as completely different: Turtle-up was basically a fight with hate (resistors, meddling mage, moon) and infect as a surprise guest, not completely unlike a traditional round, solitaire should be entirely something else.

And welcome mattamort!

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Otherwise, regarding the similarity of Turtle-up and solitaire, I regard them as completely different: Turtle-up was basically a fight with hate (resistors, meddling mage, moon) and infect as a surprise guest, not completely unlike a traditional round, solitaire should be entirely something else.

And welcome mattamort!
    I started replying to some other stuff, but dte stole my words. Also congrats on a dominant season! And you were only 0.4 points away from having two first places in the two seasons you've played. I always like seeing what you come up with.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Not everybody has replied to the form, but I'm cutting it off.
    And the clear losers are the first and last one on the list of ideas.
    There's no clear third to cut, so the all creatures gain haste idea we'll park until a later season.

So out are:
    A- Fateful Hour: Players start at 5 life. Temporary banning: Chancellor of the Dross
    Q- Temporary Solitaire: Each player plays their first five turns in single player mode (with no opponent to interact with or to win the game from). Afterwards both players join the head-to-head game and continue with the then current game state for both players. Note: You can lose the game in single player mode. If you do, you will join the head-to-head having lost the game, so you would immediately lose the head-to-head game before any player would get priority.

And I'll shuffle the others around so we get a cool season with some changes of pace and a hopefuly exciting end.

Stay tuned as I edit all the things and launch the season. I'll need some time still, so the first deadline will be next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    So out are:
    A- Fateful Hour: Players start at 5 life. Temporary banning: Chancellor of the Dross
    Q- Temporary Solitaire: Each player plays their first five turns in single player mode (with no opponent to interact with or to win the game from). Afterwards both players join the head-to-head game and continue with the then current game state for both players. Note: You can lose the game in single player mode. If you do, you will join the head-to-head having lost the game, so you would immediately lose the head-to-head game before any player would get priority.
    Damn. Those are actually the two I was most excited for. Ouch.

Fateful Hour is really 3CB thanks to Providence.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Fateful Hour is really 3CB thanks to Providence.
    3CB loses hard to Simian Spirit Guidex2, Lightning Boltx2

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    3CB loses hard to Simian Spirit Guidex2, Lightning Boltx2
    Which is the kind of decks that made me say that fateful hour should be fun, but only if in the later half of the season (I don't see ssg staying more than 3-4 rounds). I ended up voting for it, also because almost all rounds sound fun :D

Temporary solitaire sounded like the most interesting to me.

Sep 2011

Yeah, I would have liked Temporary Solitaire as well.

Fateful Hour sounds fun in theory but I think will just devolve into players racing to come up with ways to win on turn 0 or cheese each others' turn 1 wins. Having it lower in the order could help remove some of the cheese. Fateful Hour makes Dash Hopes hilarious in a fair deck. If only.

Thread Information