Page 230 of 332 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

4 CARD BLIND - SEASON 10 - DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON

This season, we play 15 rounds of Legacy, but with two twists: every round has a special rule which changes how Magic (and possibly 4CB) would normally work. Also, we turn this season into a bannathon, where the cards from the top-3 scoring decks each round get banned for the remainder of the season. Basic lands are excluded from there bannings. We start with the original Legacy 4CB banned list, and will be adding to it after each round.
    You will find the banned list in the second post of this thread.

For this season, we again stick to the scoring system from previous seasons:
    All players score season points for all rounds they play. Season points for each round equal total points scored for the round, divided by the number of opponents in that round.
    The tournament organizer will make calculations (or have Google Spreadsheet figure that stuff out) and keep track of standings below. Note: season points are always rounded to one decimal.
    You will find the Google Spreadsheet for season 10 here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The schedule:

1. Pillow Fight: Creatures have indestructible and hexproof.

2. Phyrexian mana: All colored mana symbols in costs can also be paid with 2 life.

3. Mythic Mayhem: All cards in your deck must be Mythic Rare, and have only been printed as Mythic Rare. Note: basic lands are not legal. Zendikar Rising mythic modal lands take their place in the rulings for illegal cards. Zendikar Rising mythic modal lands are exempted from the bannathon before this round.

4. Duplicity: Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield, its controller creates a token that’s a copy of that creature.

5. Persistence: All creatures have Persist. Effects that prevent counters being placed on creatures don't cause creatures to fail to return to play when their Persist ability resolves.

6. Antagonism: At the beginning of each player’s end step, that player loses 2 life unless one of their opponents lost life that turn.

7. Magical Metal: When an artifact enters the battlefield, it's controller may add one mana of the color of his or her choice to their mana pool.

8. Cornucopia: Non-land cards in each deck must in total contain at least 3 different colored mana symbols. Hybrid mana symbols count for 1.

9. Go Big Or Go Home: All non-land cards in your deck must have mana value 3 or greater.

10. Peacekeeper: Creatures can't attack.

11. Sudden Death: After 10 turns (from both players), the player with the highest life total wins the game.

12. The Wheel: If a card would be put into a player's graveyard from anywhere, instead that card is put on the bottom of that player's library.

13. The Long Haul: Players start at 100 life. Effects that would make you win the game immediately instead do nothing.

14. Vials Galore: Each player starts the game with an Aether Vial emblem in play that has "During your upkeep, you may put a Vial counter on this emblem." and has "(0): Put a creature card from your hand with converted mana cost equal to the number of Vial counters on this emblem onto the battlefield. You can use this ability only once per turn, and then not anymore until your next turn." Additional banning: Suppression Field

15. Sphere of Resistance: All spells cost one additional generic mana to cast.

I'll be creating my deck soon, so stay tuned. Round 1 will open for submissions shortly.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 05-22-2021 at 08:52 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    6. Antagonism: At the beginning of each player’s end step, that player loses 2 life unless one of their opponents lost life that turn.
    I like the theme of effects that break Backbuild, but without the Backbuild.

13. Mythic Mayhem: All cards in your deck must be Mythic Rare, and have only been printed as Mythic Rare.
    I understand the reason for the restriction, but the mana is going to be awful because the land options basically don't exist (they don't put duals at only mythic rare for a reason).

14. Vials Galore: Each player starts the game with an Aether Vial emblem in play that has "During your upkeep, you may put a Vial counter on this emblem." and has "(0): Put a creature from your hand with converted mana cost equal to the number of Vial counters on this emblem onto the battlefield. You can use this ability only once per turn, and then not anymore until your next turn." Additional banning: Suppression Field
    This actually doesn't work because of one subtle reason: creatures can't exist in hands, so you want creature cards. (Also, the emblem should have no name, otherwise you run into Phyrexian Revoker and Pithing Needle breaking the round, and they will do so if you allow it.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    This actually doesn't work because of one subtle reason: creatures can't exist in hands, so you want creature cards. (Also, the emblem should have no name, otherwise you run into Phyrexian Revoker and Pithing Needle breaking the round, and they will do so if you allow it.)
    Fixed the wording for the Vial.

And Mythic will remain as is. I know for the Mythic round lands will be rough, but there are cards Mythic Rare in weird sets that are uncommon in their original printing, which could make the round stupid.
    I could also overcomplicate the round by allowing rare lands, but I don't think that'll be necessary. There are Mythic lands we can use, so we should be good.

Also, I created my own deck for round 1, so let's go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND ONE OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Pillow Fight: Creatures have indestructible and hexproof.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 1, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 19th of May at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Snow-Covered Swamp, Terror, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R01 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Fixed the wording for the Vial.

And Mythic will remain as is. I know for the Mythic round lands will be rough, but there are cards Mythic Rare in weird sets that are uncommon in their original printing, which could make the round stupid.
    I could also overcomplicate the round by allowing rare lands, but I don't think that'll be necessary. There are Mythic lands we can use, so we should be good.
    I would at least allow basic lands.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

EDIT: Maybe the restriction on "should only have been printed as a mythic" is not a good idea because there is indeed a big restriction on lands.
    However, we still have the 5 lands from Zendikar available.

I think the distinction between basics and boltlands is pretty minor, especially when I imagine almost everyone will be taking 3 damage from one in every game. Whether you want to risk taking another 3 is a deckbuilding choice. Although, if anyone manages to get all the boltlands banned, then I think there's no castable win condition, so we might want to reconsider then. :p

I'd be more concerned about the meta being super-centralised, there's not that many castable cards, and I think there are a couple that are basically unbeatable by anything else as things stand. Of course, they're also among the most likely to be banned in the next twelve rounds.

Basic lands have to be legal at all times because that is the replacement procedure for submitting an illegal card, and it would be bad form to replace an illegal card with another illegal card.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I definitely expected that Basic Lands would be legal for that round as well. Maybe we need to clarify there? Or go back to the illegal deck = 0 points rule for 1 round?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Basic lands have to be legal at all times because that is the replacement procedure for submitting an illegal card, and it would be bad form to replace an illegal card with another illegal card.
    In order to keep the flavour of the round, I would suggest we allow illegal cards to be replaced with the Zendikar Rising mythic land/spell modals.
    (To make this work we may need to specifically unban these for that particular round, in case someone manages to get one banned before the round happens.)

Allowing cards that are mythic in any set gives us several uncommons and even a common. I feel like we shouldn't go there.
    Also, I don't think we should discuss for three weeks which sets count for rarity and which don't, either.
    If nobody likes the mythic round as is, I suggest we replace it with another idea entirely.

We still have silks idea for all creatures have haste. I am willing to swap it to that, if enough people are in favour.

EDIT: Alternatively, we could move the mythic round up in the schedule, so we have less cards banned before it starts.
    For instance, I could slot it into round 3, so we still have quite a pile of Mythics to play.

Let's call swap for Hasty round option A, and move Mythic up in the schedule option B.
    You can also vote option C, which is "don't like either of these options", or option D: "I don't care either way".

Let me know what you guys would prefer.

Feb 2014

A for me.

D

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

B

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

D

B

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Let's call swap for Hasty round option A, and move Mythic up in the schedule option B.
    You can also vote option C, which is "don't like either of these options", or option D: "I don't care either way".

Let me know what you guys would prefer.
    Current vote:

2x B: move Mythic up
    1x A: swap for "all creatures have haste"

And of course 2x D: don't have a preference.

I'll leave the vote up until the deadline of this round (11AM CET).

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I don't know, I guess B though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I like option C: replace with Temporary Solitaire, but I don't think that'll happen, so

A. (Although Hasty wasn't my idea. I think it might have been Serguei's.)

B is likely boring, and A is probably just normal Legacy in disguise but since we're banning things it beats the boring mythic round so A wins.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed.

For the round, I'm missing an entry by maxx! I'll give you a bit more time to send your deck.

For the vote, we are now tied between A and B. So I'll again give the ones who haven't voted a chance to chime in.

Sep 2011

B

Edit: I choose C if Solitaire is an option.

Thread Information