Page 238 of 332 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Sep 2011

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    You missed that Hexdrinker can be played T3, it does not have to be pass:

T2 Mika / Kargan [17 v 17]
    T3 Hexdrinker 1 / Kargan 2 and Mika 2/2 or Tremor (below)
    T4 Hexdrinker 3, Mika grows it, attack [17 v 14] / Kargan 4 [13 v 14]
    T5 Hex 5, Mika 2/2, 13 vs 9 / Kargan 6. If attack, goes to 9, miss 2 attacks, so it loses the race. If it does not attack, Hexdrinker can still attack for free next turn.

T3 Hexdrinker 1 / Tremor, Mikaeus boost Hex.
    T4 Hex 3, attack (F14) / Kargan 2 (15)
    Hex 5 (F9), K 4 (11)
    Hex 7 (F4) ---> not so good.
    Good catch.

For the T3 Hexdrinker line, I had Wrath activating Mika on his turn 3 to protect Hexdrinker. But then Mika kills itself, I don't need to waste a turn on Tremors, and Kargan levels up faster to race. By holding Mika I have to waste a turn on Tremors and that's enough. I looked through the other options and couldn't find any other winning line. So instead I have to take a different line to play for the draw OTD.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 3:

1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms That's me.
    2. dte: Hexdrinker, Wrenn and six, Turntimber Symbiosis, Shatterskull Smashing 0-6
    3. Wrath of Pie: Turntimber Symbiosis, Emeria's Call, Hexdrinker, Mikaeus, the Lunarch 0-6
    4. RoosterCocoa: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Valki, God of Lies 3-3
    5. H: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Scourge of the Skyclaves 6-0
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Emeria's Call, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker 0-6
    7. silkster: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran 0-6
    8. Serguei: Turntimber, Serpentine Wood; Hexdrinker; Scourge of the Skyclaves; Agadeem's Awakening 0-6
    9. Reeplcheep: Turntimber Symbiosis , Shatterskull Smashing, Hexdrinker , Wrenn and Six 0-6
    10. PJim: Mox Tantalite, Mox Tantalite, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Rankle, Master of Pranks Math below: 1-4
    11. alphastryk: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Wrenn and Six 0-6
    12. maxx!: Agadeem's Awakening, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves 0-6
    13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker 3-3
    14. mattamort: Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Agadeem, the Undercrypt, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood 0-6
    15. Tylert: Agadeem's awakening, Turntimber symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the skyclaves 0-6
    16. FTW: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Kargan Dragonlord, Subterranean Tremors 0-6

Total: 13 points. Ouch.

vs. PJim
    A: Turntimer untapped, A=17, cast Hexdrinker
    P: 2x Mox (3)
    A: Emeria untapped, A=14, cast Sword, attack for 2, P=18
    P: Mox=2
    A: Equip, attack, P=14
    P: Mox=1
    A: Level up x2, attack, P=10
    P: Moxen resolve, cast Kinnan
    A: Level up x2, Hex 6/4, attack, P=4
    P: Cast Rankle, attack with both, A=9, both players sac, Kinnan and Hex die, Hex returns to my hand.
    A: Cast Hexdrinker
    P: Attack for 3, A=6, have to choose both player sac a guy or you lose.
    Draw

P: 2x Mox (3)
    A: Turntimer untapped, A=17, cast Hexdrinker
    P: Mox=2
    A: Emeria untapped, A=14, cast Sword, attack for 2, P=18
    P: Mox=1
    A:Equip, attack, P=14
    P: Moxen resolve, cast Kinnan
    A: Level up x2, attack, P=10
    P: Cast Rankle, attack with both, A=9, both players sac, Kinnan and Hex die, Hex returns to my hand.
    A: Cast Hex
    P: Attack for 3, A=6
    A: Equip, attack for 4, P=6
    P: Attack, A=3
    A: Level up x2, attack, P=2
    P: Attack, A dies.
    Loss
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

No results yet from silk, PJim and jhhdk. For the latter I assume the same scores as me, for obvious reasons.
    If we take the results from everybody against silk and PJ, all that remains is their head-to-head.
    To me, it looks like two wins for silk, because he can keep Kiran back for defence, while alternating between +1ing and -1ing to the head, slowly killing PJ.
    How wrong am I?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    No results yet from silk, PJim and jhhdk. For the latter I assume the same scores as me, for obvious reasons.
    If we take the results from everybody against silk and PJ, all that remains is their head-to-head.
    To me, it looks like two wins for silk, because he can keep Kiran back for defence, while alternating between +1ing and -1ing to the head, slowly killing PJ.
    How wrong am I?
    Silk wins by even more. Heart of Kiran has Vigilance and can both attack and block.

Every turn, +1 W6 then -1 to crew Heart and attack for 4 flying. Doing that W6 stays at 3 counters with Heart attacking every turn. This is a 5 turn clock. If anything attacks, go down 1 counter to crew on defense and kill it. I worked through this math before because I almost submitted the same deck.

The one threat PJim has is on Turn 5 to attack W6 with both Rankle and Kinnan. Kiran must block Rankle and Kinnan takes 2 counters off W6. If W6 was at 3 counters as normal, crewing for defense + 2 damage from Kinnan would kill W6. Then Heart of Kiran is turned off and Kinnan wins the game. To prevent this, silk just needs to skip 1 turn of attacks somewhere to have W6 at 4 counters instead of 3. Then W6 doesn't die to Kinnan and Heart wins.

I have not yet tried working out the actual result, since I'm still making a spreadsheet with
    reported results, but I see that Wrath of Pie and RoosterCocoa disagree for their match:
    Wrath of Pie thinks RoosterCocoa wins both, and RoosterCocoa thinks Wrath of Pie wins one.

(I have not yet played card-blind, but I plan on participating in the next round.)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    I have not yet tried working out the actual result, since I'm still making a spreadsheet with
    reported results, but I see that Wrath of Pie and RoosterCocoa disagree for their match:
    Wrath of Pie thinks RoosterCocoa wins both, and RoosterCocoa thinks Wrath of Pie wins one.

(I have not yet played card-blind, but I plan on participating in the next round.)
    Wrath wins on the play by playing tapped lands to slow down Scourge
    T1 W - Tapped land
    T1 R - Untapped land

T2 W - Tapped land, Hexdrinker 2/1
    T2 R - Untapped land & Valki. Exile Mikaeus. [R=14, W=20]

T3 W - Level 2. Still 2/1
    T3 R - Valki copying Mikaeus is useless (becomes 0/0 and dies). Doing nothing lets Hexdrinker grow.
    The best line here is to attack with Valki. If Wrath blocks, the 2/1s trade and draw (Scourge is 0/0).

If Wrath doesn't block, Wrath goes to 18 and Rooster plays 2/2 Scourge. [R=14, W=18]
    T4 W - Level 4. 4/4
    T4 R - No profitable attacks to grow Scourge. If one creature attacks, Hexdrinker eats it. If both attack, Hexdrinker blocks Scourge & Valki gets through. Scourge takes 4 damage, Hexdrinker takes 2 damage, Wrath takes 2 damage. Scourge dies as a 4/4 with 4 damage on it. Without Scourge, Rooster loses. So nothing attacks.

T5 W - Level 6
    T5 R - Same problem. No profitable attacks.

T6 W - Level 8 6/6 attacks [R=8, W=18]
    T6 R - 2/2 Scourge and 2/1 Valki attack [R=8, W=14]

T7 W - 6/6 attacks [R=2]
    T7 R - 6/6 Scourge and 2/1 Valki attack [W=6]

T8 W - 6/6 attacks [R dead]

Rooster has no way to prevent Hexdrinker from winning the race (e.g. playing lands tapped still loses).

WL 3-3

FTW found a line that I missed (namely, not paying life is a winning strategy).

At the rate we're going, we might have enough for a CB Pro Tour.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

.... I'm still making a spreadsheet with reported results ...
    We already have one active. You'll find it linked in the posts where I announce the decks for a round.
    It's a Google spreadsheet, open for everybody to edit, so please be a tad careful when using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    At the rate we're going, we might have enough for a CB Pro Tour.
    Yup, we're becoming a lot bigger. Only our first ever rounds exceeded our current numbers, and that was probably just people trying it out for the heck of it.

Yup, we're becoming a lot bigger. Only our first ever rounds exceeded our current numbers, and that was probably just people trying it out for the heck of it.
    Well, r/threecardblind has 140 members (most of which likely aren't active, although one of those is me) and its last post was four months ago, and I doubt there are other massive communities out there, so The Source may just end up having "your source for Card Blind" be its new slogan given that we are probably the only CB community left. (Sad about what that means for Legacy itself, though.)

We already have one active. You'll find it linked in the posts where I announce the decks for a round.
    It's a Google spreadsheet, open for everybody to edit, so please be a tad careful when using it.
    I guess I should've actually checked that.
    I had been just assuming that it would have Terms like what I've seen for some of Google's other services.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    8. Serguei: Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    9. Reeplcheep: Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan beats through W6. WW 6-0
    10. PJim: This is good tech around Scourge! I can't kill you before T5 Rankle, but the dragon can block you forever. DD 2-2
    11. alphastryk: Tremors kills Hexdriker. Kargan beats through W6. WW 6-0
    12. maxx!: Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    13. jhhdk: Tremors kills Hexdrinker. Kargan wins. WW 6-0
    14. mattamort:Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    15. Tylert: Hexdrinker forces the untapped land for T2 Tremors, then Scourge races Kargan. LL 0-6
    When you are on the play, how does Hexdrinker force "the untapped land for T2 Tremors"?

T1: tapped land
    T1: Hexdrinker

T2: tapped land
    T2: put 2 level counters on Hexdrinker

T3: Hexdrinker only has 2 level counters, so it's still a 2/1, so Tremors kills it.

Sep 2011

When you are on the play, how does Hexdrinker force "the untapped land for T2 Tremors"?

T1: tapped land
    T1: Hexdrinker

T2: put 2 level counters on Hexdrinker

T3: Hexdrinker only has 2 level counters, so it's still a 2/1, so Tremors kills it.
    So the whole point of playing tapped lands is to stay at 20 life, making Scourge a 0/0.

T2: put 0 level counters on Hex. Attack with 2/1! [F=18] Cast 2/2 Scourge.

T3: Tremors X=1 killing 2/1 Hexdrinker
    T3: 2/2 Scourge attacks [F=16]. Scourge is 4/4.

Sure I can still kill Hex with Tremors, but it's already dealt me damage so the whole point of playing tapped lands is defeated. I might as well play untapped land [F=17] and Tremors on turn 2, let opponent play 3/3 Scourge so I can play Kargan 1 turn earlier facing a 3/3 instead of a 4/4. But Scourge races Kargan either way. There's nothing I can do to keep Scourge off the board so I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    T2: put 2 level counters on Hexdrinker. Attack with 2/1! [F=18] Cast 2/2 Scourge.
    Casting Scourge requires all of their mana, so they can't both do that and level up Hexdrinker in the same turn.
    However, I looked at this more and see that Scourge is enough for them:

T2: Attack with 2/1! [F=18] Cast 2/2 Scourge. Hexdrinker is still level 0.

T3: Tremors would lose to Scourge becoming 4/4, so cast Kargan.
    T3: Hexdrinker attacks, either trading for Kargan or making Scourge 4/4.

(For what it's worth, this seems to me like a better defense from you, even though it still loses.)

Sep 2011

Casting Scourge requires all of their mana, so they can't both do that and level up Hexdrinker in the same turn.
    However, I looked at this more and see that Scourge is enough for them:

T2: Attack with 2/1! [F=18] Cast 2/2 Scourge. Hexdrinker is still level 0.

T3: Tremors would lose to Scourge becoming 4/4, so cast Kargan.
    T3: Hexdrinker attacks, either trading for Kargan or making Scourge 4/4.

(For what it's worth, this seems to me like a better defense from you, even though it still loses.)
    Yeah, that was a typo. I edited above to 0. Hexdrinker doesn't need counters. It just needs to be Savannah Lions and deal me 2 damage. Then I'm at 18 and they play 2/2 Scourge.

From there I can cast Tremors, take 2 to Scourge (4/4 Scourge), then cast Kargan. Level 0 Kargan vs 4/4 Scourge.
    Instead I could cast Kargan first, take a hit from Level 2 Hexdrinker (trading loses) going to 16 (4/4 Scourge). Level 0 Kargan vs 4/4 Scourge + Hexdrinker. Then I need to Tremors the Hexdrinker or I face 2 big threats, so it transmutes to the same line.
    If I trade Hexdrinker with Kargan below 20 life, I can't even attempt to fight Scourge.

If I just played the land untapped, turn 2 Tremors kills Hexdrinker, they play 3/3 Scourge, and I play Kargan. Level 0 Kargan vs 3/3 Scourge. This is slightly losing less, but 6/6 Scourge still kills me the turn before I reach 8/8.

Basically there's no point in avoiding damage from the 2nd land if I can't force Scourge to be 0/0. The turn 1 critter forces me to interact.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-06-2021 at 10:12 PM.

1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms 3-3
    2. dte: Hexdrinker, Wrenn and six, Turntimber Symbiosis, Shatterskull Smashing 0-6
    3. Wrath of Pie: Turntimber Symbiosis, Emeria's Call, Hexdrinker, Mikaeus, the Lunarch 0-6
    4. RoosterCocoa: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Valki, God of Lies 3-3
    5. H: Agadeem's Awakening, Agadeem's Awakening, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Scourge of the Skyclaves 6-0
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Emeria's Call, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker 0-6
    7. silkster: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Wrenn and Six, Heart of Kiran 0-6
    8. Serguei: Turntimber, Serpentine Wood; Hexdrinker; Scourge of the Skyclaves; Agadeem's Awakening 0-6
    9. Reeplcheep: Turntimber Symbiosis , Shatterskull Smashing, Hexdrinker , Wrenn and Six 0-6
    10. PJim: Mox Tantalite, Mox Tantalite, Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy, Rankle, Master of Pranks Math below: 1-4
    11. alphastryk: Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Wrenn and Six 0-6
    12. maxx!: Agadeem's Awakening, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves 0-6
    13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker <-- ME
    14. mattamort: Hexdrinker, Scourge of the Skyclaves, Agadeem, the Undercrypt, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood 0-6
    15. Tylert: Agadeem's awakening, Turntimber symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Scourge of the skyclaves 0-6
    16. FTW: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Kargan Dragonlord, Subterranean Tremors 0-6

Total: 13 points. Ouch. (No need pretending I didn't just copy Asthereal's post)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Emeria's Call, Turntimber Symbiosis, Hexdrinker, Sword of the Realms 3-3
    13. jhhdk: Emeria, Shattered Skyclave, Turntimber, Serpentine Wood, Sword of the Realms, Hexdrinker <-- ME

Total: 13 points. Ouch. (No need pretending I didn't just copy Asthereal's post)
    You did change the "me".

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for round 3:
    1. silkster: 75 - 5
    2. Serguei: 66 - 4,4
    2. maxx!: 66 - 4,4
    2. mattamort: 66 - 4,4
    2. Tylert: 66 - 4,4
    6. FTW: 52 - 3,5
    7. dte: 51 - 3,4
    7. Reeplcheep: 51 - 3,4
    7. alphastryk: 51 - 3,4
    10. RoosterCocoa: 48 - 3,2
    11. PJim: 38 - 2,5
    12. Wrath of Pie: 27 - 1,8
    12. GoblinSmashmaster: 27 - 1,8
    14. Asthereal (TO): 13 - 0,9
    14. jhhdk: 13 - 0,9
    16. H: 0 - 0

Which would lead to these bannings:
    Agadeem's Awakening
    Heart of Kiran
    Hexdrinker
    Scourge of the Skyclaves
    Shatterskull Smashing
    Turntimber Symbiosis
    Wrenn and Six

If results still change, I'll adjust in the scores and standings for the season, of course, but I don't see our bannings change, so I'm locking those in.
    I hope to open next round soon.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 06-07-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 4 OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Duplicity: Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield, its controller creates a token that’s a copy of that creature.
    (The controller of the creature that triggers this ability is considered to be the controller of the trigger itself.)

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 4, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 9th of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R04 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 06-07-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Preliminary standings for round 3:
    12. Wrath of Pie: 27 - 1,8
    13. GoblinSmashmaster: 24 - 1,6
    That's interesting, two different scores for the same submission. (Confident 27 is the correct score.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    That's interesting, two different scores for the same submission. (Confident 27 is the correct score.)
    Solved. That was a matchup that was revised, but not for everybody who played that particular four, by the looks of it.

Thanks for pointing it out. I overlooked that one.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and it looks like I'm missing an entry from H. You must be busy of late.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.

Thread Information