Page 249 of 332 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Coming in late again. I had three disagreements, but then I learned how Energy Field works (or doesn't) and I'm down to one.

Me: silkster: Swamp, Cauldron Familiar, Witch's Oven, Duress

1. Asthereal (TO): Underground Sea, Inkmoth Nexus, Sleeper Agent, Energy Field
    WW. I thought this was WL because I was distracted by the fact that creatures with infect still do damage, but that damage does not cause loss of life. I know that it was life loss and not damage because I chose a life loss creature, but it's interesting that Antagonism itself looks for damage and not life loss.

2. dte: Ebon stronghold, Nether Spirit, Smallpox, Leyline of sanctity
    WL, dependent on whether I can cast 2 spells.

3. Reeplcheep: Bazaar of Baghdad, Basking Rootwalla, Basking Rootwalla, Vengevine
    LL. Over time, we're life neutral, but you get started faster.

4. Phasmoid: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Barren Glory, Noxious Revival
    LL. I can do 17 damage on the play, and Duress is not the clincher I was hoping for.

5. alphastryk: Urborg, Duress, Cauldron Familiar, Witch's Oven
    WL. Quite a surprise! I presume that you also thought that Energy Field and Leyline of Sanctity would be major players?

6. shiftyhomunculus: Snow-Covered Mountain, Keldon Megaliths, Frostwalk Bastion, Village Messenger

7. H: Swamp, Witch's Oven, Witch's Oven, Cauldron Familiar
    DD

8. RoosterCocoa: Ebon Stronghold, Sheltered Valley, Smallpox, Nether Spirit
    WW. Go discard!

9. GoblinSmashmaster: Swamp, Grief, Undying Evil, Vampire of the Dire Moon
    LD. Duressing the Undying Evil forces you to Grief my Cat, since Cat + Oven can fog the Vampire while draining life.
    This is a disagreement, and would also affect Alphastryk (though not the relative standings).

10. PJim: Island, Slippery Bogle, Daze, Sea's Claim
    WL. Turn 1 Cat wins on the play. On draw, you Daze either black card and then Sea's Claim.

11. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Pox, Nether Spirit
    WL. Classic discard going WL.

13. Wrath of Pie: Sheltered Valley, Mishra's Factory, Isochron Scepter, Lightning Helix
    WW. Duress does work, and blocking every turn wins.

14. maxx!: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Maze of Ith, Smallpox, Sanctum of Stone Fangs
    WD. On the play, Cat into Duress on Sanctum wins the race by 1 turn. On the draw, Duressing the Sanctum loses by that 1 turn, so I duress Smallpox and draw.

15. mattamort: Chancellor of the forge, Leyline of the Meek, Great Furnace, Kuldotha rebirth
    WL. I can hold off 1 Goblin, but not 4.

16. Serguei: Underground Sea;Sanctum of Stone Fangs;Energy Field;Sheltered Valley
    WW. Oh, Energy Field doesn't stop the round rule. I was wondering how others arrived at this result, but I agree now.

17. Tylert: Leyline of the meek, Chancellor of the forge, Great furnace, Kuldotha rebirth
    WL. I'm surprised this deck existed twice.

18. jhhdk: Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant, Urza's Tower, Karn Liberated
    WW. Go discard!

I thought Energy Field and Leyline of Sanctity were going to be the main players. I was okay with Duress being blanked since I thought my remaining 3 cards would be better than those of my opponent. I did not expect anyone else to play Cat Oven. The big fail was not playing aggro because I thought Energy Field would be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Seems I cannot remember the golden rule of playing what I think is tiers 0 rather than trying a narrow deck that beats it, but not much else :/ 4CB metagame seems to be always varied enough to reward good, powerful decks rather than narrow ones.
    I'm in this quote and I don't like it. "Burning Inquiry is so stupidly powerful that it doesn't LL anything, so I'll just play a super narrow deck that goes WD against it because 80% of decks will be that."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Cabal Therapist session is definitely not tempting at all.
    Having a sanity-check on the meta and to have little things like "card X is just way better than card Y this round, so don't be a dummy" is quite the advantage, cause we all miss those from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Coming in late again. I had three disagreements, but then I learned how Energy Field works (or doesn't) and I'm down to one.

LD. Duressing the Undying Evil forces you to Grief my Cat, since Cat + Oven can fog the Vampire while draining life.
    This is a disagreement, and would also affect Alphastryk (though not the relative standings).
    That's enough for GoblinSmashmaster, since you won't gain life,
    GoblinSmashmaster won't have lost life, and you will be OTP:
    You will lose to the round rule.

However, I have essentially 1 more disagreement with Reeplcheep.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    For any Cat+Oven scenario where Cat has to be on blocking duty, I can always block with the Cat and sacrifice it to Oven on my opponent's turn, and then swap the Food for the Cat on my turn, triggering the lifeloss to prevent the round rule.
    This applies to silkster too, so I believe alphastryk and silkster get WW against Reeplcheep:

silkster does not counterattack, and does not block until after silkster’s T2.
    From that turn’s end step and earlier, silkster gains 1 life from Cat entering,
    loses 2 life to the round rule on the turn silkster casts Oven, and takes
    at most 10 combat damage. ​ That leaves silkster with at least 9 life.
    After that, Cat blocks if able and blocks a Basking Rootwalla if able.
    The Basking Rootwallas die to Cat and don’t come back (unlike Cat),
    so silkster won’t take more than (1+4)+4 more combat damage.
    That would be just barely enough to kill silkster, but at most 5 of
    it is dealt before silkster’s T3, and starting with that turn, Cat re-enters
    causing silkster to gain 1 life and not lose life to the round rule.
    Thus, silkster does not lose. ​ Reeplcheep does not have any
    other way to avoid losing to the round rule, so Reeplcheep loses.

(same for alphastryk)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and I'm missing a few. FTW, Shifty and Gobbo, by the looks of it, but I might be overlooking someone.
    I'll give you guys a few more hours while I do work stuff.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    However, I have essentially 1 more disagreement with Reeplcheep.

This applies to silkster too, so I believe alphastryk and silkster get WW against Reeplcheep:

silkster does not counterattack, and does not block until after silkster’s T2.
    From that turn’s end step and earlier, silkster gains 1 life from Cat entering,
    loses 2 life to the round rule on the turn silkster casts Oven, and takes
    at most 10 combat damage. ​ That leaves silkster with at least 9 life.
    After that, Cat blocks if able and blocks a Basking Rootwalla if able.
    The Basking Rootwallas die to Cat and don’t come back (unlike Cat),
    so silkster won’t take more than (1+4)+4 more combat damage.
    That would be just barely enough to kill silkster, but at most 5 of
    it is dealt before silkster’s T3, and starting with that turn, Cat re-enters
    causing silkster to gain 1 life and not lose life to the round rule.
    Thus, silkster does not lose. ​ Reeplcheep does not have any
    other way to avoid losing to the round rule, so Reeplcheep loses.

(same for alphastryk)
    Alpha and silk have 6-0 against Reep in the Google Spreadsheet, so that's covered.

Sep 2011

How do you draw in a format where you lose life every turn? Whoever goes first auto-loses to Antagonism unless you gain life or damage the opponent somehow.

If you play T1 Cat instead, 4/3 Menace Grief shreds your remaining hand, so that doesn't help either.

I thought Energy Field and Leyline of Sanctity were going to be the main players. I was okay with Duress being blanked since I thought my remaining 3 cards would be better than those of my opponent. I did not expect anyone else to play Cat Oven. The big fail was not playing aggro because I thought Energy Field would be popular.
    I also expected things like Energy Field, Leyline, or Scepter-Helix, so I played "each player" land destruction and life loss (Pox).

Edit: Oops, I'll submit.
    Edit2: Said that then forgot to do it.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-30-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Edit: Oops, I'll submit.
    Excellent.

Gobbo has submitted, so that leaves shiftyhomunculus.
    I'm cutting submissions off at 17:00h (5PM) my time, so that's in less than 3 hours.
    I'll post decks then, because my evening is rather busy, and I'll be gone for most of tomorrow.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

5. alphastryk: Urborg, Duress, Cauldron Familiar, Witch's Oven
    WL. Quite a surprise! I presume that you also thought that Energy Field and Leyline of Sanctity would be major players?
    Yep, thought there would be a lot of Leyline, Energy Field, and Island Sanctuary, so needed a recurring non-tagreting source of lifeless (and life gain ideally).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

How do you draw in a format where you lose life every turn? Whoever goes first auto-loses to Antagonism unless you gain life or damage the opponent somehow.

If you play T1 Cat instead, 4/3 Menace Grief shreds your remaining hand, so that doesn't help either.
    So Gobbo vs silk ends in 6-0 as noted in the doc?

Edit2: Said that then forgot to do it.
    I got it.

I'll post decks in an hour-ish, so if shifty still wants to submit, they'll need to be quick.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Excellent.

Gobbo has submitted, so that leaves shiftyhomunculus.
    I'm cutting submissions off at 17:00h (5PM) my time, so that's in less than 3 hours.
    I'll post decks then, because my evening is rather busy, and I'll be gone for most of tomorrow.
    To be noted. I'll be in hollidays next week. not sure i'll be able to calculte scores and Play in the next round :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Noted. Also, I'm running out of time, so here we go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 7 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Magical Metal: When an artifact enters the battlefield, its controller may add one mana of the color of his or her choice to their mana pool. (The controller of the artifact that triggers this ability is considered to be the controller of the trigger itself.)

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Island, Rishadan Dockhand, Force of Negation, Daze
    2. Reeplcheep: vault of whispers, mox opal, thopter foundry, Sword of the Meek
    3. jhhdk: Seat of the Synod, Thopter Foundry, Mox Opal, Sword of the Meek
    4. Tylert: Ancient den, Energy field, Inkmoth nexus, Leyline of sanctity
    5. PJim: Foil, Island, Nether Spirit, Dryad Arbor
    6. RoosterCocoa: Vault of Whispers, Welding Jar, Sword of the Meek, Thopter Foundry
    7. alphastryk: Sand Silos, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Negation, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer
    8. Phasmoid: Ancient Den, Tidehollow Sculler, Vault of Whispers, Rotting Regisaur
    9. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, subtlety, Force of negation
    10. Wrath of Pie: Darksteel Citadel, Darksteel Citadel, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    11. H: Island, Steel Sabotage, Force Spike, Spectral Sailor
    12. maxx!: Seat of the Synod, Genesis Chamber, Shrieking Drake, Burst of Speed
    13. silkster: Ancient Den, Chronomaton, Swords to Plowshares, Duress
    14. mattamort: Ancient Den, Force of Negation, Stormscape Apprentice, Tidehollow Sculler
    15. Serguei: Vault of Whispers;Tidehollow Sculler;Force Of Negation;Essence Flux
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Mox Opal, Conjurer's Bauble, Conjurer's Bauble, Grapeshot
    17. FTW: Force of Negation, Subtlety, Darksteel Citadel, Collector Ouphe

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I don't much like Force of Negation's limitations, so here's a less popular free counterspell. I was quite pleased to have something that stopped the many broken turn 1 decks, wasn't bothered by other turn 0 counters, and wouldn't lose to the artifact hate that didn't actually show up.

I'm going to skip writing that Arbor forces my opponent to play into Foil in every matchup.

vs

1. Asthereal (TO): Island, Rishadan Dockhand, Force of Negation, Daze // 6-0, Foil gets Dazed, but Spirit beats Dockhand.
    2. Reeplcheep: vault of whispers, mox opal, thopter foundry, Sword of the Meek // 6-0, Foil Foundry
    3. jhhdk: Seat of the Synod, Thopter Foundry, Mox Opal, Sword of the Meek // 6-0, Foil Foundry
    4. Tylert: Ancient den, Energy field, Inkmoth nexus, Leyline of sanctity // 0-6, You decline to cast Energy Field, and Inkmoth wins.
    6. RoosterCocoa: Vault of Whispers, Welding Jar, Sword of the Meek, Thopter Foundry // 6-0, Foil Foundry
    7. alphastryk: Sand Silos, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Negation, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer // 0-6, Turn 7 Mu Yanling wins
    8. Phasmoid: Ancient Den, Tidehollow Sculler, Vault of Whispers, Rotting Regisaur // 2-2, Foil Sculler, Regisaur is blocked by Spirit. Playing Regisaur first would lose.
    9. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, subtlety, Force of negation // 2-2, You subtlety Shadow away from Foil, then recast but meet a Spirit roadblock.
    10. Wrath of Pie: Darksteel Citadel, Darksteel Citadel, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer // 2-2, Foil Walker, block with Spirit.
    11. H: Island, Steel Sabotage, Force Spike, Spectral Sailor // 6-0, Foil Sailor
    12. maxx!: Seat of the Synod, Genesis Chamber, Shrieking Drake, Burst of Speed // 6-0, Foil Chamber
    13. silkster: Ancient Den, Chronomaton, Swords to Plowshares, Duress // 0-6, This reads like it was built to beat me.
    14. mattamort: Ancient Den, Force of Negation, Stormscape Apprentice, Tidehollow Sculler // 6-0, Foil either creature.
    15. Serguei: Vault of Whispers;Tidehollow Sculler;Force Of Negation;Essence Flux // 6-0, Foil Sculler
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Mox Opal, Conjurer's Bauble, Conjurer's Bauble, Grapeshot // 6-0, Foil Opal
    17. FTW: Force of Negation, Subtlety, Darksteel Citadel, Collector Ouphe // 6-0, You can Subtlety Ouphe away from Foil, but Spirit wins through it regardless.

66 points

Sep 2011

I saw too many turn 1 combos so I played Force, with Subtlety tech to answer what Force couldn't. Apparently dte saw the same thing. I figured people would get greedy with mana and couldn't recast their creatures. Collector Ouphe makes it even harder.

I was about to submit Rishadan Dockhand but realized it can't attack if I use the ability, so it draws too easily without a 2nd blue creature. I wanted it with Meddling Mage but Mage was banned. I couldn't find another good proactive blue hatebear, so I just played Ouphe.

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP Grizzly Bear races your deck. OTD you play Dockhand with Daze up. WL 3-3
    2. Reeplcheep: OTD Force wins this, and OTP Ouphe shuts you down even more. WW 6-0
    3. jhhdk: Force + Ouphe is overkill. WW 6-0
    4. Tylert: I Force Energy Field. Ouphe stops Ancient Den mana so you can't activate Inkmoth. WW 6-0
    5. PJim: Nice deck. I can't stop Dryad Arbor, but you can Foil my Ouphe. LL 0-6
    6. RoosterCocoa: Force + Ouphe is overkill. WW 6-0
    7. alphastryk: Edit: I play T1 Ouphe and start racing. Playing Mu first (T5) loses to FoN and you can't Force back. Playing Griffin first (T6) loses to Subtlety, too slow to recover. Playing Mu with UUU floating (T8) dodges FoN but loses to Subtlety, too slow to recover. Instead you play T9 Mu with UUUU floating. If I Force, you Force back to win, so I have to Subtlety it. Then you cast Griffin without losing tempo. Griffin can't race but it blocks long enough for you to recast Mu and win. LL 0-6
    8. Phasmoid: OTP Ouphe prevents your creatures. OTD I Subtlety your Sculler and play Ouphe locking you out. WW 6-0
    9. dte: Good tech for the mirror. Your Subtlety kills my Ouphe. If you go down to 8 to make Shadow 3/3, you'll survive recasting if I Subtlety it. LL 0-6
    10. Wrath of Pie: OTP Ouphe stops you from making 2 mana. OTD you can make a 1/1 first, but Ouphe would race it even if I don't Subtlety to permanently remove it. WW 6-0
    11. H: OTP T1 Grizzly Bear races you. OTD you can Force Spike Ouphe and recast Sailor. WL 3-3
    12. maxx!: Force + Ouphe is overkill. WW 6-0

13. silkster: OTP I play Ouphe and you only ever get 1 mana. If you cast StP, I Force it. If you cast Chronomaton, I Subtlety it. Duress doesn't help.
    OTD you play T1 Ancient Den and Duress taking Force. Tapping out for 1/1 Chrono loses to Ouphe. Instead you leave Den untapped and pass. You can respond to my Darksteel ETB trigger by floating white mana for StP and I'm forced to either cast Ouphe into StP or lose the mana. There's no other way you can StP though, and you lose to resolved Ouphe, so I can just do nothing while you do nothing. (If you cast T1 Chrono instead of Duress with the free mana, Subtlety undoes that and we get the same stalemate where you can't recast Chrono without losing to Ouphe, but I can't play Ouphe into StP) WD 4-1

14. mattamort: OTP T1 Ouphe wins. OTD Subtlety stalls your T1 Sculler, then Ouphe locks you out. WW 6-0
    15. Serguei: Same as mattamort. OTP T1 Ouphe wins. OTD Subtlety stalls T1 Sculler, then Ouphe locks you out. WW 6-0
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Force + Ouphe is overkill WW 6-0

70 points (23 wins, 1 draw, 8 loss)
    Last edited by FTW; 06-30-2021 at 01:37 PM.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

When I saw the lists of decks, I knew Ouphe would be the best card. Good find :)

7. alphastryk: I can Force Mu but you can't Force Ouphe, which kills turn 11. If you try to race with T6 Griffin (3/3), I Subtlety it and you're too slow to recover. If you try to cast Mu floating UUU to hardcast Force vs my Force (Turn 8), I let you waste mana and Subtlety it instead, and you're too slow to recover. Subtlety wins this, I think. WW 6-0
    What if he goes to turn 9, and floats UUUU? You have to Subtlety Mu, as if she resolves you lose, and then he can cast Griffin as a blocker and wait the turns needed to recast Mu, I think.

Feb 2014

2-2, no one can make progress.

6-0, FoN

6-0, FoN.

6-0, FoN

2-2, Subtlety here, I play it on my own card. Then spirit vs shadow.

6. RoosterCocoa: Vault of Whispers, Welding Jar, Sword of the Meek, Thopter Foundry
    6-0, FoN, I did not expect foundry sword to be so popular, but I think I prefer the opal version to not lose OTD vs storm.

7. alphastryk: Sand Silos, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Negation, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer
    6-0, FoN

8. Phasmoid: Ancient Den, Tidehollow Sculler, Vault of Whispers, Rotting Regisaur
    0-6. Sculler beats me

me, playing control.

10. Wrath of Pie: Darksteel Citadel, Darksteel Citadel, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    0-6. Me OTP T1 17, walker -> subtlety, 14, overseer, shadow (11, 2/2), walker again, +1/+1 on the team, attack (8, 5/5, WoP 15), attack I cannot pump or I am dead, so I am dead.

6-0. It seems I play subtlety mostly on my shadow to save it.

6-0, FoN. I tried to think of a card instead of burst/concordant crossroads like to beat FoN, but did not find any.

0-6, Urgh, I lose.

14. mattamort: Ancient Den, Force of Negation, Stormscape Apprentice, Tidehollow Sculler
    2-2, apprentice tap shadow.

15. Serguei: Vault of Whispers;Tidehollow Sculler;Force Of Negation;Essence Flux
    6-0, first win against sculler!

16. GoblinSmashmaster: Mox Opal, Conjurer's Bauble, Conjurer's Bauble, Grapeshot
    6-0, FoN>storm

6-0, I thought of this deck, and choose mine because ouphe is very good OTP but not OTD, and you cannot replay it vs counters with subtlety.

I saw too many turn 1 combos so I played Force, with Subtlety tech to answer what Force couldn't. Apparently dte saw the same thing.
    Indeed, and also because when I saw subtlety I thought not so subtle, and also not so good in 4CB. Except for this round! Here as I expected a lot of artifact lands into 2 drops, subtlety works against opposing creatures, so I thought it was slightly subtle. But then I could not play a 2-drop myself if I wanted to be able to rescue my threat.
    Otherwise there was a bunch of T1 kill, and even two 3CB infinite (ravager/animation module, and drake/chamber) but no great fourth to go with...

Otherwise, because I never answered:
    dte has this 6-0 the other way from Leyline stopping Grief, but seems to have missed the line of playing out the Vampire and Undying it to get a 2/2 lifelink that races Nether Spirit after the round rule life loss
    I think both of you are wrong. This looks like WL 3-3

---

I think GoblinSmashmaster is right here. Grief is never a dead card. Fail case is a 4/3 Menace on turn 1! (optimal case is a 4/3 Menace double Thought-Knot Seer)

OTD Grief takes Messenger and the 4/3 Menace can't be blocked by your manland and races it easily.
    OTP you make hasty Messenger first, Grief misses but is still a 4/3 Menace, Messenger doesn't transform right away due to the Grief cast and has to skip an attack, then Grief gets the first Menace attack in for 4 damage. Eventually you can threaten to use the manland to double block, but you're behind enough in the race that if you both "do nothing" the rule kills you first. If you use Megaliths to avoid the trigger, you have to activate on your turn, which leaves you open to attacks back from Grief. I don't see a way you win that race either. 4/3 Menace is big.
    FTW is right for the MU between me and gob (so I played a bad deck only to beat grief, and did not even beat it :/ ), but not gob and shiftyhomunculus:

T1 messenger (G19)
    T1 Grief (G17)
    T2 megalith (s18)
    T2 messenger flip, grief attack (s14)
    T3 bastion (s12)
    T3 nothing, get pinged (G14)
    s10
    G11
    s8
    G8
    s6
    G5
    s4
    G2
    s2
    shiftyhomunculus wins, 3-3?

So maybe 3 points for sxxxxus, even without participation in this round?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

So I originally had the bauble storm deck with either grapeshot (turn 1 kill but loses to FoN or Leyline of Sanctity), or chatterstorm (turn 2 kill but beats leyline), as well as a turn 1 discard the hand deck (Memnite x2, artifact land, Whispering Madness) so I determined I needed to play FoN in my deck (other counters like Foil notably don't beat the storm deck with an artifact land, as the Bauble can always recover the piece that was countered, same vs single discard). I think I got hung up on Misthollow Griffin as my threat though, and missed Sublety as an alternate pitch card which looks really strong.

Lets see how this works

I can't beat Dockhand ever, but you can't attack with it either, or I can deploy a threat which races you. DD

2-2

Thopter Sword is a better plan than my chatterstorm bauble storm deck, but it still can't beat FoN. WW

6-0

FoN > thopters again. WW

6-0

I should always be able to FoN Energy Field and then deploy my Griffin for defense before Inkmoth kills me. Mu Yanling takes it home eventually. WW

6-0

This deck looks really really nice. Dryad Arbor being an uncountable threat forces your opponents to take the initiative right into Foil. For me that means Jamming Mu Yanling on my turn 8 with 3 blue floating for my Force, then Forcing your Foil. Mu Yanling can blank the arbor and make a 4/4 however, which should be enough - you can't ever attack past a 4/4. WW

6-0

FoN > thopters again. WW

6-0

This is me

FoN is a blank, and you can always Sculler Mu Yanling. I can't race Register either, so you win in all kinds of ways. LL

0-6

This will be a race starting once you can cast Shadow, which is on your turn 3 after you're down to 11. Subtlety is also un-Forcable, so my first attempt to do anything is blanked which means I'm super dead to how fast Shadow is. LL

0-6

This is a race, and your team grows very fast beyond a size Mu Yanling can hold down. LL

0-6

Sailor comes down fast and I can't Force it, but it kills very slowly so I'll have time to resolve Mu Yanling with an extra mana for Force Spike, and that is enough. WW

6-0

Turn 1 infinite hasty Myr, however if I Force the Chamber your deck does nothing. WW

6-0

Being able to turn 1 Chrono and Duress is pretty sweet, and I can't really beat Chrono. LL

0-6

I can't beat Sculler + a tapper - Sculler takes Mu Yanling and you can tap Griffin forever. LL

0-6

Sculler takes one of my threats, but I can eventually force through my other one. Comes down to if my turn 6 3/3 can race your turn 1 2/2. You kill on your turn 11, while I kill on my turn 13 - that means I leave up Griffin to block and take the draws. DD

2-2

The storm deck! I had variations of this written down as soon as I saw the round rule. Force beats the storm deck however. WW

6-0

Ouphe is a smart threat to have this round, but its just a generic 2/2 vs me - which might be enough. Ouphe kills on your turn 11, and Subtlety slows down my first threat until my turn 9 (I cast Mu with 4 floating for hardhats FoN to beat your FoN, if you Subtlety instead I play Griffin to block until I can recast Mu), but that's fast enough to stop your 2/2 and start making 4/4s. WW

6-0

Total: 58 by my math
    Last edited by alphastryk; 06-30-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    What if he goes to turn 9, and floats UUUU? You have to Subtlety Mu, as if she resolves you lose, and then he can cast Griffin as a blocker and wait the turns needed to recast Mu, I think.
    That's an option, but I can also just jam Mu on my turn 5, forcing Subtlety to be used (because I win the FoN war), and retry on my turn 9 which is fast enough.

Sep 2011

That's an option, but I can also just jam Mu on my turn 5, forcing Subtlety to be used (because I win the FoN war), and retry on my turn 9 which is fast enough.
    Force of Negation is only free on the opponent's turn. Turn 5 Mu loses to my Force, and you can't Force back. That's why I had you waiting until Turn 8 with 3 mana open to win the counter war, but then Subtlety stalls it long enough for Ouphe to win.

But I didn't think of Turn 9 Mu + Griffin, which is better. You play Mu first with UUUU floating. If I Force Mu, you Force back and win. Instead I Subtlety it, and you use the floating mana to cast Griffin. Then you have a 3/3 on turn 9, after taking 14-16 damage to Ouphe, so you can stop Ouphe but can't race.

Edit: But you can recast Mu to win. LL 0-6

You can't FoN for free on your own turn, which I don't think matters here or against me, but might be worth double checking your other counter matchups.

Edit:

Force of Negation is only free on the opponent's turn. Turn 5 Mu loses to my Force, and you can't Force back. That's why I had you waiting until Turn 8 with 3 mana open to win the counter war, but then Subtlety stalls it long enough for Ouphe to win.

But I didn't think of Turn 9 Mu + Griffin, which is better. You play Mu first with UUUU floating. If I Force Mu, you Force back and win. Instead I Subtlety it, and you use the floating mana to cast Griffin. Then you have a 3/3 on turn 9, after taking 14-16 damage to Ouphe, so you can stop Ouphe but can't race.

DD 2-2?
    But then he has all day to recast Mu.

Thread Information