Page 284 of 332 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 4 Card Blind

After I messaged Asthereal multiple illegal decks, I gave up and copied a deck from last round

1. Asthereal (TO): Ghitu Encampment, Molten Slagheap, Bonecrusher Giant, Murderous Rider
    I'm just fast enough. WW

6-0

2. Wrath of Pie: Taiga, Mishra's Factory, Nightshade Peddler, Sparksmith
    You get your combo setup on your turn 3, but I kill on my turn 3. OTP I'm too fast, OTD you can ping Vengevine (going to 7), then trade Peddler for Rootwalla, after which Sparksmith beats Tribe. WL

3-3

3. Reeplcheep: Fury, Squee, The Immortal, Mercadian Bazaar, Mercadian Bazaar
    You can always Fury my Vengevine & Rootwalla and replay Squee before Tribe does enough to change the race. I can't force a draw because if I trade you get to recast Squeee later. LL

0-6

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan
    I can't beat a 9/9! LL

0-6

5. PJim: Underground River, Reef Shaman, Fume Spitter, Death's Shadow
    OTP, I deal 4 damage on my turn 1, then you play out Fume spitter which can chump Vengevine and kill Rootwalla so that you only take 1 from Tribe. Shaman blocks Tribe forever, and Vengevine can't get past a large Death's Shadow in the long run. It comes down to whether you can get in with a large Shadow (6/6 minimum to attack safely) enough times without dying to Vengevine swinging back. Lets do some racing math.
    OTP:
    a t1: Do my thing, attack for 4 with Vengevine. (a: 20, p: 16)
    p t1: Fume Spitter (a: 20, p: 15)
    a t2: pump Rootwalla & attack. Spitter chumps Vengevine, then kills Rootwalla. Only Tribe gets through. (a: 20, p: 14)
    p t2: Shaman (a: 20, p: 13)
    a t3: attack, Shaman doesn't block yet so that Shadow is a 6/6 immediately. (a: 20, p: 8)
    p t3: Shadow (6/6) (a: 20, p: 7)
    a t4: can't attack profitably
    p t4: Shadow attacks (a: 14, p: 7)
    a t5: Attack, Shaman blocks Tribe. (a: 14, p: 3)
    p t5: Shadow (10/10) attacks. (a: 4, p: 3)
    a t6: Attack with just Vengevine, leaving Tribe back to block Shadow. Shaman chumps. (a: 4, p: 3)
    From here, we stare. D

OTD:
    p t1: Fume Spitter (a: 20, p: 19)
    a t1: Do my thing, attack for 4 with Vengevine. Spitter chumps and kills Rootwalla. (a: 20, p: 19)
    p t2: Shaman (a: 20, p: 18)
    a t2: Attack with both, Shaman blocks Tribe. (a: 20, p: 14)
    p t3: Can't play Shadow yet so pass.
    a t3: Attack with both, Shaman blocks Tribe. p pings self with land to pump incoming Shadow to a 5/5 that Vengevine can't attack into (a: 20, p: 9)
    p t4: Shadow (5/5) (a: 20, p: 8)
    p t5: ping self with land to pump Shadow to 6/6, attack. This is looking familiar. (a: 14, p: 7)
    p t6: Shadow (10/10) attacks. (a: 4, p: 3)
    a t6: Attack with just Vengevine, leaving Tribe back to block Shadow. Shaman chumps. (a: 4, p: 3)
    From here, we stare. D

2-2

6. alphastryk: Blazing Rootwalla, Tireless Tribe, Vengevine, Plateau
    This is my shamelessly stolen deck.

7. dte: Mishra's factory, badlands, mogg fanatic, Valki, god of lies
    Valki being just Goblin Piker here hurts you, and I don't see a way you can beat all 3 of my creatures. WW

6-0

8. RoosterCocoa: Forest, Sandstone Needle, Mayor of Avabruck, Fulminator Mage
    Your best plan is to have Mayor start pumping out tokens asap, which is on your turn 3 end step. When you're OTP that's just fast enough, but not when I'm OTP. When I'm OTP, you might be better off leading with Mage which can chump VV and kill my land to make Rootwalla less potent, lets see:

r t1: Needle
    a t1: Do my thing, attack for 4. (a: 20, r: 16)
    r t2: Forest, Mage
    a t2: Attack, Mage chumps Vengevine and kills my land (a: 20, r: 12)
    r t3: Mayor
    a t3: Attack for 5 (a: 20, r: 7)
    r t4: Mayor flips and starts making tokens. L

0-6

9. silkster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Myr Superion, Forge Devil
    I can't attack into a 5/6 ever, and Devil can kill my Rootwalla. Because I'll always be attacking second, I can't win the race, and I can't trade to force a draw. LL

0-6

10. maxx!: Volcanic Island, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Lackey, Goblin Settler
    You can bounce my Vengevine with Faithful, but beyond that you'll have Lackey in play vs both Rootwalla and Tribe - I can always attack with one of them and leave the other back to trade with Lackey. WW

6-0

11. FTW: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Shocker, Fanatical Firebrand
    I always dump my hand before Shocker can connect, and you can't deal with Vengevine in a way that leaves you with anything. WW

6-0

By my math, that gives me 29 total points

Disagreements with both PJim and dte, marked in red in the sheet.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    From your edit you go to 3, then fanatic attack and you go to 4?
    I indeed failed to count properly. New analysis (this time properly) in my results post. You hold on the play.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 12-12-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    OTP, I deal 4 damage on my turn 1, then you play out Fume spitter which can chump Vengevine and kill Rootwalla so that you only take 1 from Tribe. Shaman blocks Tribe forever, and Vengevine can't get past a large Death's Shadow in the long run. It comes down to whether you can get in with a large Shadow (6/6 minimum to attack safely) enough times without dying to Vengevine swinging back. Lets do some racing math.
    OTP:
    a t1: Do my thing, attack for 4 with Vengevine. (a: 20, p: 16)
    p t1: Fume Spitter (a: 20, p: 15)
    a t2: pump Rootwalla & attack. Spitter chumps Vengevine, then kills Rootwalla. Only Tribe gets through. (a: 20, p: 14)
    p t2: Shaman (a: 20, p: 13)
    a t3: attack, Shaman doesn't block yet so that Shadow is a 6/6 immediately. (a: 20, p: 8)
    p t3: Shadow (6/6) (a: 20, p: 7)
    p t4: Shadow attacks (a: 14, p: 7)
    p t5: Shadow (10/10) attacks. (a: 4, p: 3)
    From here, we stare. D

OTD:
    p t1: Fume Spitter (a: 20, p: 19)
    a t1: Do my thing, attack for 4 with Vengevine. Spitter chumps and kills Rootwalla. (a: 20, p: 19)
    p t2: Shaman (a: 20, p: 18)
    a t2: Attack with both, Shaman blocks Tribe. (a: 20, p: 14)
    p t3: Can't play Shadow yet so pass.
    a t3: Attack with both, Shaman blocks Tribe. p pings self with land to pump incoming Shadow to a 5/5 that Vengevine can't attack into (a: 20, p: 9)
    p t4: Shadow (5/5) (a: 20, p: 8)
    p t5: ping self with land to pump Shadow to 6/6, attack. This is looking familiar. (a: 14, p: 7)
    p t6: Shadow (10/10) attacks. (a: 4, p: 3)
    From here, we stare. D

2-2
    Spitter is not best used as soon as possible, I need to lose life anyway, and I want to use it to manipulate my life, or block VV and kill Rootwalla at a more crucial moment. I also certainly don't attack with Shadow at 6/6. I want to attack when it's 8/8, and then if Vengevine hits back it'll be 12/12 for the win.

With you on the play, in the simplest fashion:

Drop All (20-16) | River, Spitter (20-15)
    Swing (20-7) | Shadow (20-6)
    Pass | Seer, Swing (12-5)

If you were to block with everything, Spitter kills Rootwalla and I win. If you attack with everything, I let VV through, attack for 12 and win. Partial attacks do no better.

Could you do better by attacking at more strategic moments? I don't think so, once Shadow is 5/5+ you can't attack at all and something like the above happens, and with Shaman as a blocker and Fume Spitter I don't think you can manipulate things in a way that pushes me from too much life to too little to pull this off.

Valki being just Goblin Piker here hurts you, and I don't see a way you can beat all 3 of my creatures. WW

6-0
    I agree with dte here. Are you missing that Factory can pump itself to trade with VV?

You've missed RoosterCocoa, which looks like a WL.

Me. silkster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Myr Superion, Forge Devil

1. Asthereal (TO): Ghitu Encampment, Molten Slagheap, Bonecrusher Giant, Murderous Rider
    By my count: T1 Myr; Encampment. Devil and hit for 5; Slagheap 1 counter. Hit for 6; 2 counters. Hit for 6; Murder the Myr and lose 2 life. Hit for 1 is exactsies. I don't think casting a non-Murder spell helps you any. I'm gonna be much too slow on the draw.
    WL
    Edit: You seem to have your life total going from 20 to 15 to 9 to 4 instead of to 3, and then you miss the loss of two life from Swift End.

Every week I look for sources of deathtouch (usually to pair with Granger Guildmage), and every week I'm disappointed that it's basically only Nightshade Peddler. I'm glad someone's trying it, though.
    WW

This was 3/4 of the deck that I was going to submit, until I noticed that the deck I was going to submit loses to Myr Superion. By my count, you can Fury on turn 5, which means I just get there on the play. On the draw, you can't attack me because I hold Forge Devil to kill Squee that turn to get in the final hit.
    WD

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Triplicate Titan
    I've been noticing that this deck would have done better than my last one or two entries. I was ready for it this time, though.
    WW

I have all of these cards on my short list, and yet this configuration was somehow not on my radar. I'm almost certain that I lose, but Death's Shadow math is always tricky. I might try later. I just looked up and saw who submitted this. I'm sure your results post will be long and detailed. :D
    LL probably

On the draw: T1 hand dump, hit for 4 (to 16); make 5/6. Pass; Devil (me to 15) kills Rootwalla and attack for 5 (to 15); attack for 4 (to 11). We're both 3 attacks from lethal, both with one chump blocker, and if your chump blocker attacks, I can trade with it.
    WW

Oh my god, I think the fact that I can't play Forge Devil onto an open board costs me a win here.
    On the draw, you Valki my Forge Devil, then you play out all your creatures and set up a triple block which trades everything. I get Forge Devil back, but it kills itself. Darn.
    On the play, I get to run out both creatures, and then I'm a bit faster.
    You know, I've been lamenting that I can't play Ostracise. I should have remembered Valki.
    WD
    Edit: I see now that this is a mismatch, but I'm not sure why.

Let's see: T1 Myr; Needle. Hit for 5 (to 15), Fulminator. Attack or not and lose land to Fulminator after blocks; Mayor. Hit for 5 (to 10); Mayor flips and makes a 3/3. Hit for 5 (to 5); Mayor makes another 3/3 and you run away with it.
    Instead, I play Tinder Wall and wait. If you cast Mayor without using Fulminator, I cast cast Devil and win. If you use Fulminator and then cast Mayor, I can cast Devil off the wall and win. So you don't activate Fulminator and I don't activate Tinder Wall.
    DD

I almost played Sidisi's Faithful this week! But I realized once I sat down and counted that my version was actually really bad.
    Your offence relies entirely on Lacky, which I can kill with Devil, so you can't win. My offence relies mostly on the Myr, which you can bounce. If I try to go on the offensive with the Devil, you can't play the Faithful (lest you lose to the Myr), but you can play the Lackey and block.
    DD

Shocker doesn't have haste, so the 5/6 rules the day.
    WW

When I saw that my first matchup was Murderous Rider, I got scared. But this worked out well (modulo my miscountings).

11W, 6D, 3L = 39.

I thought a bit about this over the weekend and settled on a Sidisi's Faithful deck, then realized that it didn't do the things I wanted it to do. My next choice was a Fury+Squee deck and I went so far as to type it up with card tags in a message box and preview my message (where I found a broken link from a missing comma), but at the last minute I noticed that Myr Superion won all the same matchups and the "mirror" (i.e. against my version of Fury).

I'm suddenly having flashbacks to that time that I illegally submitted Grist, wrote out my whole report claiming almost a clean sweep (well over 5/6 round points, at least), and then realized that Grist had been played and banned without my noticing. I know that people have played accidental 3CB by trying to cast Myr Superion off of Spirit Guides or Chancellors, and I'm somehow still paranoid.

It's interesting that people played Forge Devil, Mogg Fanatic, and Fanatical Firebrand. Usually hierarchies are pretty clear cut, but this choice is not. I know my choice cost me 2 points against dte (at least by my calculations). I still don't know if one of these is "best".

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Goblins!"

Titan smash! then stomped 3-3

Titan smash! 6-0

Goblin smash :| 0-6

That's me on the wrong goblins!

Spit on my goblins :( 0-6

Titan smash! 6-0

Goblin ping :| 0-6

Titan smash! then LD 3-3

Devil 0-6

Titan smash! then goblin smash :( :( 3-3

Neonate smash! then Shocked 3-3

Total: 24 points
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 12-11-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Feb 2014

@silk, you are right about our MU, I just did not realize that you could ping your own myr OTP.
    On the red pingers, I think I prefer both fanatics to the devil. Firebrand gets one more damage regularly, and mogg is not blocked by 0/2 like reef shaman.

You can't beat turn 2 land destruction. WW

OTP I destroy your first land. OTD I can't beat Sparksmith. WL

OTP You can't win by hardcasting Fury so I play Mayor, you evoke Fury to kill it, and then we stare because I am ahead in the race but lose if Fulminator trades with Squee. OTD you Fury Mayor and then get Squee just soon enough to beat Fulminator in the race. DL

OTP if you try to hardcast Fury: you play Bazaar turn 1, then turn 2 play second Bazaar and put a counter on the first. On my turn 2 I play Mayor. On your turn 3 you put a counter on each Bazaar for 3 total counters. On my turn 3 Mayor flips on my upkeep, I attack you to 17, and I get a wolf token. On your turn 4 you put a counter on each Bazaar for 5 total counters. On my turn 4 I attack you to 11, kill your 3 counter land with Fulminator, and get a second wolf token. You are too slow to hardcast Fury now. You can play Squee in time but if you ever attack I outrace you, so we stare.

OTP I destroy your land before you get the combo, OTD I am way too slow. WL

OTP you play Fume Spitter, I destroy your land, and we draw. OTD you get Reef Shaman so I can't play anything. DL

OTP Mayor starts producing tokens soon enough that I live, OTD I'm too slow. WL

OTP I destroy badlands before you can play Valki, but Mogg kills Mayor. OTD Valki takes one of my creatures and thats too much for me. DL

You can't race me down so you play Tinder Wall and I play Fulminator, and then we stare. DD

You have turn 2 land destruction and can bounce anything I play first. LL

OTP you keep Tinder Wall, I play Fulminator, and we draw. OTD I lose my hand. DL

5W 6D 9L = 21

I didn't have much time this week so I'm back on Fulminator Mage. It looks like I should have chosen something with more than 1 health to go with it, but at least it was better than last week.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 12-10-2021 at 08:03 PM.

@dte: I think our matchup is 4-1. I don't think Shadow can break through all your creatures at any life total.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post

I have all of these cards on my short list, and yet this configuration was somehow not on my radar. I'm almost certain that I lose, but Death's Shadow math is always tricky. I might try later. I just looked up and saw who submitted this. I'm sure your results post will be long and detailed. :D
    LL probably
    I think our match is surprisingly simple (Edit: Found an error, a little less simple). I can give Superion a -1/-1 as soon as it lands. Reef Shaman blanks Forge Devil, by either blocking it, or chumping Superion after Devil chumps Shadow.

Shadow wins vs a 4/5 if I have 5 life, and the 4/5 can't attack once I am down to 7 life (with Devil in hand). So, I'm winning if you can't jump me directly from 8 to 4 life. Given I can hit River on your EoT and my turn to avoid ever being on exactly 8 for your attack phase, this shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I think DL, if you hold Factory open he can't attack into it and can't bounce it.
    Last edited by PJim; 12-10-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    Spitter is not best used as soon as possible, I need to lose life anyway, and I want to use it to manipulate my life, or block VV and kill Rootwalla at a more crucial moment. I also certainly don't attack with Shadow at 6/6. I want to attack when it's 8/8, and then if Vengevine hits back it'll be 12/12 for the win.

With you on the play, in the simplest fashion:

Drop All (20-16) | River, Spitter (20-15)
    Swing (20-7) | Shadow (20-6)
    Pass | Seer, Swing (12-5)

If you were to block with everything, Spitter kills Rootwalla and I win. If you attack with everything, I let VV through, attack for 12 and win. Partial attacks do no better.

Could you do better by attacking at more strategic moments? I don't think so, once Shadow is 5/5+ you can't attack at all and something like the above happens, and with Shaman as a blocker and Fume Spitter I don't think you can manipulate things in a way that pushes me from too much life to too little to pull this off.

I agree with dte here. Are you missing that Factory can pump itself to trade with VV?

You've missed RoosterCocoa, which looks like a WL.
    As usually, others are better at this than I am . Updating the sheet to reflect those results

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    OTP Mayor starts producing tokens soon enough that I live, OTD I'm too slow. WL
    On this one, I'm pretty sure you can win by playing Fulminator Mage first OTD as a chump blocker which also removes my ability to pump Rootwalla. See my analysis from my post below:

Your best plan is to have Mayor start pumping out tokens asap, which is on your turn 3 end step. When you're OTP that's just fast enough, but not when I'm OTP. When I'm OTP, you might be better off leading with Mage which can chump VV and kill my land to make Rootwalla less potent, lets see:

r t1: Needle
    a t1: Do my thing, attack for 4. (a: 20, r: 16)
    r t2: Forest, Mage
    a t2: Attack, Mage chumps Vengevine and kills my land (a: 20, r: 12)
    r t3: Mayor
    a t3: Attack for 5 (a: 20, r: 7)
    r t4: Mayor flips and starts making tokens. L

0-6

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    @dte: I think our matchup is 4-1. I don't think Shadow can break through all your creatures at any life total.
    Thanks for looking into it, shadow maths are hateful. And glad I steal a point!

On this one, I'm pretty sure you can win by playing Fulminator Mage first OTD as a chump blocker which also removes my ability to pump Rootwalla. See my analysis from my post below:
    But you put yourself OTD, where you both agree you lose. Note: it is better to just kill the rootwalla, rather than tricksing: in any case by next turn the walla did 4 damages, as much as you get by blocking VV, but is still there.

so, with a OTP:
    R16 / needle
    R8 / mage
    R1, mage block tribe / mayor.
    R1 but only VV on the board.

3-3 should be right.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

By my count: T1 Myr; Encampment. Devil and hit for 5; Slagheap 1 counter. Hit for 6; 2 counters. Hit for 6; Murder the Myr and lose 2 life. Hit for 1 is exactsies. I don't think casting a non-Murder spell helps you any. I'm gonna be much too slow on the draw.
    WL
    Edit: You seem to have your life total going from 20 to 15 to 9 to 4 instead of to 3, and then you miss the loss of two life from Swift End.
    Checked. You're right on both accounts. I forgot the 2 life from the murder knight and miscalculated a life somewhere. Which kills me by exactsies. That's sad.
    Adjusted my scores.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

But you put yourself OTD, where you both agree you lose. Note: it is better to just kill the rootwalla, rather than tricksing: in any case by next turn the walla did 4 damages, as much as you get by blocking VV, but is still there.

so, with a OTP:
    R16 / needle
    R8 / mage
    R1, mage block tribe / mayor.
    R1 but only VV on the board.

3-3 should be right.
    Whoops, I definitely did the turns backwards, thanks for catching that. WL 3-3, updating the sheet.

maxx!: Volcanic Island, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Lackey, Goblin Settler

OTP I can blow up the first land you play and you can't recover. OTD you can Stomp Lackey, and then win from there. 3-3

OTP I get a land and you're stuck. OTD you can pass your turn 2 with Factory open and I can't bounce it before attacking, so I'm stuck. But if you ever cast either of your creatures or attack with Factory, Lackey can connect. So we stare. 4-1

Fury can always kill my lackey before it attacks, and you have an extra storage land anyway (???). If left alone, I'll destroy both your lands before you can hardcast a creature. You either Fury my Lackey early, and then Squee can't get past my 0/4, or you wait until I destroy both (saccing Faithful), Fury the Goblins, but then can't cast Squee. 2-2

OTP Lackey gets there. OTD you get your ashtray. 3-3

Fume Spitter stops Lackey and then your Shadow is eventually big enough to get past my wall. 0-6

I have to exploit Vengevine and then my 1 remaining creature can't beat your 2. 0-6

Fanatic stops Lackey and then you have 2 threats to attack past my wall. 0-6

This is mostly what I was expecting. Lackey always connects on turn 2 and locks you out of the game. 6-0

I only play Lackey if you play Forge Devil first. Faithful bounces Superion. We stare. 2-2

This is me :]

Firebrand trades with Lackey. Walls stare, or my wall blocks Shocker forever. 2-2

3+4+2+3+0+0+0+6+2+2 = 22

Of course I played a Goblin Lackey deck the same week that Fury, Fume Spitter, Mogg Fanatic, Forge Devil, and Fanatical Firebrand all got played.
    Last edited by maxx!; 12-10-2021 at 06:34 PM.

I expected a lot of single target land destruction and my old deck.

LL 0-6 per above.

DD per above. 2-2

WW 6-0 per above.

Too much math. I assume pjim is correct. DD 2-2.

WW 6-0

DL 1-4 per above.

Disagreement: I can cast squee on the same turn you attack with fulminator (T4). WD 4-1

X/6 ugh. LL 0-6

Disagreement: the threat of 2x LD!! means I have to kill the lackey, and then you wall my squee. DD 2-2

WW 6-0 per above.

7 W 8D 5L for 29/60

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post

Disagreement: the threat of 2x LD!! means I have to kill the lackey, and then you wall my squee. DD 2-2
    I have to admit that I did not consider bouncing my own Settler to get a second trigger. You definitely won't ever be able to hardcast Fury, but you can evoke it to kill my Goblin(s). Squee by himself can't get past my wall, so I think you're right. Updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post

Disagreement: I can cast squee on the same turn you attack with fulminator (T4). WD 4-1
    That looks right, two storage lands produce mana a lot faster than it intuitively seems they should be.

4-1 I think. when I am OTP:
    mogg / B
    Valki takes Fury, R19 / B1, B
    R14 / B1, B2
    R9 / ---> either squee or counters

R9 / Squee
    mogg kill Squee, R5 /B1B1
    R1 --> win

So R9/B2B3
    R4/B3 Squee
    kill Squee and win

OTD I am a turn too late so we stare.
    When considering playing Bazaar+Fury, I did a lot of the maths. I think casting Fury right away can force a draw.

With dte on the play:
    Mogg; Fury, B
    Valki; B1, B
    Hit for 4 (to 16); B2, B1
    Hit for 4 (to 12); Squee
    Attack, trade, hit for 2 (to 10); B1, B1
    Hit for 2 (to 8); B2, B2
    Hit for 2 (to 6); Squee, but Squee can't force the issue by attacking since Squee would lose that race.

What if Mogg isn't cast on turn 1?
    Factory; B
    Valki (take Fury); B1, B
    Mogg, hit for 2 (to 18); B2, B1
    Hit for 5 (to 13); Squee
    Senseless goblin on goblin violence, hit for 4 (to 9); B1, B1
    Hit for 4 (to 5); B2, B2
    Hit for 4 (to 1); Squee
    dte still wins, but not by playing Mogg first. I'll leave this here in case someone else is considering different lines.

6-0. I think as long as mayor is alive, we will live in pingerland and this deck will have a rough time.
    By my calculations, this deck would have gotten 13W 9L against the 11 decks from last week, which would have been enough to get banned. But people definitely came prepared to fight Mayors and Welders this week.

After I messaged Asthereal multiple illegal decks, I gave up and copied a deck from last round
    Out of curiosity, did you catch them, or was it Asthereal? Were you just playing banned cards?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    Of course I played a Goblin Lackey deck the same week that Fury, Fume Spitter, Mogg Fanatic, Forge Devil, and Fanatical Firebrand all got played.
    I'm still pleased that five people played five different answers to 1 toughness creatures (well, Fury is a bit more than that, but still).

On the red pingers, I think I prefer both fanatics to the devil. Firebrand gets one more damage regularly, and mogg is not blocked by 0/2 like reef shaman.
    Fortunately for me, the growing banlist will prevent me from making the wrong choice again!

Regarding the 5 mismatches:

Wrath of Pie vs dte: I think Wrath missed that Valki can copy Sparksmith which teams up with Mogg Fanatic to shoot for 2, killing the Peddler, and forcing the Factories to trade, then Fanatic and Valki can attack.
    Wrath of Pie vs maxx!: Wrath missed the "hold up Factory activation to block" line.
    GoblinSmashmaster vs FTW: I think Smashmaster missed attacking with the menacing Neonate.
    silkster vs Reeplcheep: I think Reeplcheep missed that Fury has double strike and trade with my Myr on turn 5, which is just in time when on the play.
    RoosterCocoa updated his post so there is no longer a mismatch against Reeplcheep.

Other eyes should look at this, though.

Regarding the 5 mismatches:

Wrath of Pie vs dte: I think Wrath missed that Valki can copy Sparksmith which teams up with Mogg Fanatic to shoot for 2, killing the Peddler, and forcing the Factories to trade, then Fanatic and Valki can attack.
    Wrath of Pie vs maxx!: Wrath missed the "hold up Factory activation to block" line.
    GoblinSmashmaster vs FTW: I think Smashmaster missed attacking with the menacing Neonate.
    silkster vs Reeplcheep: I think Reeplcheep missed that Fury has double strike and trade with my Myr on turn 5, which is just in time when on the play.
    RoosterCocoa updated his post so there is no longer a mismatch against Reeplcheep.

Other eyes should look at this, though.
    I agree on all counts. I had failed to notice that Valki's ability doesn't end at EOT. Neonate winning by itself is an amazing line too, I'd have certainly thought a Tireless Tribe/Putrid Imp would be an improvement if there were one in Red, but perhaps wrongly.

Thread Information