Page 302 of 332 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Sep 2011

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Oh right, extra mana to activate. That means I have to consider that way to cast Petty Theft as well, and we're back to me trying to survive Chaplain attacks.
    Based on this dialogue and dte's lines, it looks like DD 2-2 to me. Most lines lead to a standoff. There are ways you can try to push through damage, but then I have counterplays for those and you have to worry about not losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasst View Post
    I think I can win if I just keep attacking into hall!
    Good point. I assumed that from 9 life on turn 9 I would have time to block the 2nd 1/1, but I end up being 1 turn too slow.

If I had 1 less poison counter, I could wait 1 more turn and then cast Borrower while charging Pools the same turn (to save a turn of tempo), but I'm exactly 1 turn too slow for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Based on this dialogue and dte's lines, it looks like DD 2-2 to me. Most lines lead to a standoff. There are ways you can try to push through damage, but then I have counterplays for those and you have to worry about not losing.
    Here's what I have figured out so far:

Chaplain attacks let me counterattack until you can activate Hall (possibly beyond as well). This means I can get you to the all-important 14 life, so I only need two attacks to kill rather than three unless you hold back Chaplain, which is obviously a losing line.

That means you need me to get to 6 life, and my calculations have you only getting me down to 8 life on the draw and me barely being able to stop ward tricks with your Hall, so I switch to Pools, thus letting me win at 2 life.

Code:
    Calculations on the draw:

Holding back for Theft is better:

Pools/Cove
    Hall, Pools @ 1/Cove @ 1, Hall, Dockhand

(Tapping down Pools is assumed from this point unless otherwise indicated.)

Pools @ 2/Cove @ 2
    Chaplain (via Hall)/ Cove @ 3
    Pools @ 1, W = 19/Cove @ 4
    Pools @ 2, W = 18/Cove @ 5
    Pools @ 7, W = 13/Cove @ 10
    W = 12/Frost Titan tapping Cove, Petty Theft resp, then Borrower (-5 counters)
    Pools @ 3, W = 8/Frost Titan tapping Borrower

Not getting there. Instead, I should counterattack with Dockhand while I can:

Pools @ 1, W = 19/Cove @ 4, F = 19
    Pools @ 6, W = 14/Cove @ 9, F = 14

Now Hall can block, so I have to tap down Hall.

Pools @ 7, W = 13/Cove @ 10
    W = 11/Frost Titan tapping Pools, Cove @ 5, Petty Theft resp, then Borrower (-5 counters)
    Pools @ 2 (no untap), W = 7/Frost Titan tapping Borrower
    Pools @ 3/Cove @ 1
    Pools @ 4/Cove @ 2
    Pools @ 5/Cove @ 3
    Pools @ 6/Cove @ 4, or pay for Ward

Just barely enough to pay for ward and kill in 2 hits!
    It's entirely possible I made errors somewhere (seriously, it's that close), in which case the result is indeed likely to be DD.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

No results yet from alphastryk and gobbo.
    Their head to head looks like 3-3. OTP gobbo just makes Lackey and kills a land. OTD is more complicated.

a: Land
    g: Lackey
    a: Land, Drake, steal Lackey
    g: Bounce Lackey, attack with Drake (17)
    a: Wait
    g: Lackey, Drake attacks-resp. bounce Drake
    a: Drake, steal Lackey again
    From here tick up land, cast Borrower to block and kill Drake and then win with Lackey and manland.

And Roostercocoa had doubts about the match against alphastryk. This one I don't see a quick solution yet. Anyone ideas?

Bannings for the final round look clear though. Out are:
    Acquisitions Expert
    Blackcleave cliffs
    Brazen Borrower
    Frost Titan
    Hall of Storm Giants
    Inkmoth Nexus
    Rishadan Dockhand
    Saprazzan Cove
    Shadow Guildmage
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    And Roostercocoa had doubts about the match against alphastryk. This one I don't see a quick solution yet. Anyone ideas?
    5. alphastryk: Hall of Storm Giants, Calciform Pools, Brazen Borrower, Gilded Drake

vs

9. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Inkmoth Nexus, Guul Draz Assassin, Pilfering Imp

OTP, Rooster wins with T1 Imp, T2 take borrower. Nexus is then enough to win alone.
    OTD:
    land / swamp, Imp
    land, theft on Imp (otherwise, lose to nexus after imp takes borrower) / nexus, assassin
    1c / 1c on assassin, attack (a19)
    2c / 2c on assassin, attack (a17)
    If alpha trade drake vs assassin, he loses to drake or nexus beats. If alpha plays faerie, assassin takes it, it can only chump nexus when Rooster is attacking with it. So alpha makes counters to block assassin with a giant.
    3c / Imp, attack (a15)
    4c / 3c on assassin, attack (a12)
    5c / here the fourth counter on assassin makes it worth it to trade with drake (then drake trade with borrower, 4/4 assassin races nexus). So either rooster discards drake, or he keeps attacking with both creatures.

Option 1, discarding drake and attack, a10
    6c, 4c on assassin, attack a6
    pass with mana to activate hall up.
    For three turns, Rooster can attack with Nexus, but that does not help. So it would be a draw.

Option 2, keep the beats, activate nexus, a9 + 1 p (if faerie is flashed to take nexus, Rooster wins)

Now alpha's turn, either 6c, or drake.
    2a, drake on assassin/ attack with Imp, Nexus and Drake a5 +2p
    attack for 2 R18 / attack with Imp, Nexus and Drake, trade Drake with faerie a4 +3p --> Imp will win
    2b, drake on Imp / 4c on assassin, attack with Assassin and Drake a2 (Imp should deal with Nexus)
    lose / attack with Imp, Nexus and Drake, trade Drake with faerie a4 +3p --> Imp will win
    2c, drake on Imp + faerie 1c / 4c on assassin, attack with Assassin and Drake, Drake trade with faerie a5 (Imp should deal with Nexus)
    ---> assassin will win
    2d, 6c / attack with Imp, Nexus and Assassin a6 +2p
    pass, representing both giant and faerie.
    ---> Attacking with the fliers force a trade with one of them, Imp first. Then the other flier wins it.
    2e, drake on assassin + faerie, 1c / attack with nexus, Imp and Drake, faerie takes the drake a8+2p
    Now it is a race, and one that nexus win: assassin kills in 10 turns, Imp will chump the giant that can attack once. Nexus wins in 8 beats.

Replaying Imp T3 should actually be better (+1 dmg). But whatever the situation, it looks like a win for Rooster. If drake is used, alpha should deal with three flyers, and brazen can take only one.

I think this MU is 6-0 for Rooster.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Thanks, dte. This looks correct to me.
    Which means we have standings for round 14:
    1. dte: 56 - 5,1
    2. Wrath of Pie: 54 - 4,9
    3. Nasst: 41 - 3,7
    4. RoosterCocoa: 35 - 3,2
    5. Reeplcheep: 34 - 3,1
    6. maxx!: 30 - 2,7
    7. PJim: 28 - 2,5
    7. FTW: 28 - 2,5
    9. silkster: 25 - 2,3
    10. Asthereal (TO): 22 - 2
    11. alphastryk: 18 - 1,6
    12. GoblinSmashmaster: 16 - 1,5

Which leads to these standings in the season:
    1. dte: 54
    2. PJim: 52,1
    3. silkster: 47,5
    4. Asthereal (TO): 42
    5. FTW: 38,2
    6. maxx!: 37,6
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: 36,4
    8. Reeplcheep: 36
    9. RoosterCocoa: 35,2
    10. Wrath of Pie: 32,3
    11. alphastryk: 28,2
    12. Nasst: 17,6

So dte caught up and surpassed PJim, who revealed not to have a lot of time for deck design and meta analysis these last rounds.
    Will PJim be able to catch dte regardless? And who claims the number 5 spot, which has been under serious contention for most of the season?

I'll open the final round as soon as I have a deck. And I'll give you guys until the weekend, so most of us will hopefully have enough time to send in a competitive four.

I'll open the final round as soon as I have a deck. And I'll give you guys until the weekend, so most of us will hopefully have enough time to send in a competitive four.
    This makes sense and I agree with it, but it's funny to me cause my position is basically completely locked and I'd already decided that I would play a certain card that I've been waiting to play, even though I don't think it's actually good yet. I've just run out of time and it seems unlikely that you catch up by 5.5 points or that I catch up to PJim 4.6 points away.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    This makes sense and I agree with it, but it's funny to me cause my position is basically completely locked and I'd already decided that I would play a certain card that I've been waiting to play, even though I don't think it's actually good yet. I've just run out of time and it seems unlikely that you catch up by 5.5 points or that I catch up to PJim 4.6 points away.
    Yeah I'm quite stuck as well. The top and the spot behind me are interesting still, however.
    Anyway, I finally have my deck, so here we go:

THE FINAL ROUND OF SEASON 11: LEGACY CREATURES & LANDS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 15, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: MONDAY the 28th of February at 9:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Sunday night around midnight, so keep that in mind.)
    So yes, you have the entire weekend to come up with a deck. Use it well.

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Desert, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S11R15 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Already submitted my deck, did you get it? Don’t care if you metagame vs it.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Already submitted my deck, did you get it? Don’t care if you metagame vs it.
    I did, yeah. If you find something new, you can send it in as usual. You have the whole weekend.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and we're missing just PJim, by the looks of things.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and we're missing just PJim, by the looks of things.
    I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.
    PJim, please send me a deck. I don't want to see dte win it without a fight. You've done so well this season!

Feb 2014

PJim, please send me a deck. I don't want to see dte win it without a fight. You've done so well this season!
    I second this!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I second this!
    Never doubted it.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    We could make the final round worth double next season! As a way to make the season end more exciting.

I'm fine waiting an extra day or two for PJim. It would be a shame to miss the last round when the fight for 1st is so close.

We could make the final round worth double next season! As a way to make the season end more exciting.
    This is a cool idea. Sounds good to me.

We did a version of this one season in deviant where the final round was "you get 1 bonus round point for each card in your deck that no other player has in their deck".

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    I'm fine waiting an extra day or two for PJim. It would be a shame to miss the last round when the fight for 1st is so close.
    Okay, no deck yet. Shall we wait until tomorrow 11AM, which would be the deadline for a normal week?

Others in favor of this as well? If so, I can definitely incorporate it into next season. Super easy to add.

Okay, no deck yet. Shall we wait until tomorrow 11AM, which would be the deadline for a normal week?
    Makes sense to me. We can wait until the normal time.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

No entry anymore from PJim, who already announced being busy, and I can't imagine the situarion in Ukaine helped keep the focus on our little competition of chaos.
    I hope you guys are all safe.

Anyway, final round time:

DECKS FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF SEASON 11: Legacy Creatures & Lands Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Great Furnace, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    2. Reeplcheep: Glint Hawk, Ancient Den, Glint Hawk, Glint Hawk
    3. alphastryk: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Desert, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight
    4. Nasst: Den of the Bugbear, Molten Slagheap, Fanatical Firebrand, Inferno Titan
    5. dte: miasmic mummy, Liliana's Steward, Tomb of Urami, Molten Slagheap
    6. GoblinSmashmaster: Havenwood Battleground, Mountain, Fanatical Firebrand, Anurid Scavenger
    7. Wrath of Pie: Den of the Bugbear, Mercadian Bazaar, Fanatical Firebrand, Inferno Titan
    8. FTW: Celestial Colonnade, Calciform Pools, Beloved Chaplain, Banisher Priest
    9. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Blinkmoth Nexus, Guul Draz Assassin, Pilfering Imp
    10. silkster: Teferi's Isle, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Lake of the Dead, Trench Behemoth
    11. maxx!: Overgrown Tomb, Quirion Ranger, Miasmic Mummy, Scourge of Nel Toth

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Thread Information