Page 320 of 332 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Feb 2014

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    I had thought GSM's deck would do much better, once I figured out how the combo worked.
    Actually it is worse than that, as it is DD vs Asthereal, he WW only against me.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    Crack the Earth takes your land before you can use Angel's Grace in your upkeep. WW

6-0
    Crack doesn't target, so I just sac one Giant token and win with the other?

EDIT: Overlooked that someone else already pointed this out.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

6-0. The many beat the few.

2. Phasmoid: Khalni Garden, Tundra, Angelic Ascension, Energy Field
    0-6. Finally Energy field shines!

3. Reeplcheep: Smallpox, Okiba reckoner raid, Swamp, Swamp
    2-2. I was looking at Okiba Reckoner until I realise the black manland was banned (Eye of the eve tyrant).

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Skerry, Grim Monolith, Power Artifact, Goblin Cannon
    0-6. Goblin cannon is glass cannon, but definitely beats me here!

5. dte: Plains, Mistveil plains, Conjurer's bauble, Gather the townsfolk
    Me, reusing one of my pauper decks. I thought playing around LD would be important this round.

6. alphastryk: Mountain, Mountain, Crack the Earth, Devastating Summons
    6-0. The many beat the few.

7. RoosterCocoa: Saprazzan Skerry, Shadowblood Ridge, Prismari Command, Hidetsugu Consumes All
    0-6. You can kill tokens and make me draw and discard 2.

8. maxx!: Fungal Reaches, Den of the Bugbear, Chalice of the Void, Crack the Earth
    6-0. I have enough tokens before CotV is online for Den to stabilise.

9. silkster: Saprazzan Skerry, Seat of the Synod, Rise and Shine, Stubborn Denial
    6-0. I see you waited for the Jeweled amulet ban to replay stubborn denial!

10. FTW: Mountain, Crack the Earth, Icatian Store, Gideon of the Trials
    6-0. Gideon is a pretty good threat in this setup.

I was skeptical about dte's claim vs Asthereal, so I wrote code for it, but my code agrees with dte.
    It further reports that, no matter which of them is OTP,

T1 ​ Plains + Bauble ​ ​ ​ is just as good as ​ ​ ​ T1 ​ Mistveil Plains
    and
    dte wins on T14

Feb 2014

I was skeptical about dte's claim vs Asthereal, so I wrote code for it, but my code agrees with dte.
    It further reports that, no matter which of them is OTP,

T1 ​ Plains + Bauble ​ ​ ​ is just as good as ​ ​ ​ T1 ​ Mistveil Plains
    and
    dte wins on T14

À simpler way to look at it?

On his T3 OTP, Asthereal has 2 4/4, me on 12, and faces bauble.
    If he attacks with both, I drop to 4, then makes 5 tokens each other turn, enough to block everything and netting a token every 2 turns.
    If he attacks with one, I play gather for two tokens. Asthereal attacks, I block one and drop to 4. I use bauble, makes 5 tokens and go back to the situation above.

As the best deck surviving last round pact/titan was driving my choice for this round: beating it and the ones that will beat it (crack).

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    As the best deck surviving last round pact/titan was driving my choice for this round: beating it and the ones that will beat it (crack).

Pact was driving my choice of Energy Field, although I used my other 3 cards
    despite that I'd need my remaining card to be one that doesn't get LL against Pact.

On the other hand, I didn't play CtE or Raze because I thought it would do badly against Pact:

Raze is dead against the Bridges,
    https://scryfall.com/search?q=Bridge...rid&order=name
    and the 3 Crack decks got in total 2 wins and 4 loses against Pact.

Sep 2011

On the other hand, I didn't play CtE or Raze because I thought it would do badly against Pact:

Raze is dead against the Bridges, and the 3 Crack decks got in total 2 wins and 4 loses against Pact.
    It's funny because I played Crack over Raze for that reason, but Raze instead of Crack would be an extra WW vs Asthereal and you. I expected Raze to be worse this round.

With CtE I picked Gideon as my threat (over other options) because he could beat a 4/4 and comes down turn 5, fast enough vs 1 Giant. But I missed that I can't play it until Turn 6 OTD due to land sequencing to cast Crack on time, so only WL.

One disagreement, which is me arguing I do worse than my opponent thought. :(

Me: 9. silkster: Saprazzan Skerry, Seat of the Synod, Rise and Shine, Stubborn Denial

LL, thought this was probably the best deck but that everyone would target it. Oops.

2. Phasmoid: Khalni Garden, Tundra, Angelic Ascension, Energy Field
    DD, I think your threat is faster if I have to keep mana up to stop Energy Field, so I just stop the Ascension instead.

3. Reeplcheep: Smallpox, Okiba reckoner raid, Swamp, Swamp
    WW, I can always counter the Smallpox and my clock is turn 9 instead of turn 12.

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Skerry, Grim Monolith, Power Artifact, Goblin Cannon
    WW, that is a super cool combo that I did not think of, but unfortunately easily disrupted.

5. dte: Plains, Mistveil plains, Conjurer's bauble, Gather the townsfolk
    LL, so much redundancy! I remember when you played this the first time and I even considered this list earlier this season, but I forgot to come back to it. I haven't actually done the math, but I assume that I'm too slow.

DD, I think. If I lead on Skerry, you can Crack for a draw. If I lead on Seat, you Crack into the counter and then make two 2/2s to hold the fort. On your play, I can do nothing. If you make creatures, I can go Seat -> Skerry -> Rise to hold the fort and you can never get anything out of Crack. I think this is DD all day long.

7. RoosterCocoa: Saprazzan Skerry, Shadowblood Ridge, Prismari Command, Hidetsugu Consumes All
    DD, I have to counter the Command, and I can't let Hidetsugu grow at all.

8. maxx!: Fungal Reaches, Den of the Bugbear, Chalice of the Void, Crack the Earth
    LL, Crack will always get a land.

10. FTW: Mountain, Crack the Earth, Icatian Store, Gideon of the Trials
    LL, you just fire off the Crack as soon as I play a land and you don't care if it gets countered cause Gideon will take over.

4W, 6D, 8L.

I had a lot of options this round, but no sense of what anyone else would do. My only assumption is that I wouldn't see Angel's Pact. Oops.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Assuming silk is correct (and it doesn't sdeem to matter for bannings anyway), here's scores for round 10:
    1. FTW: 37 - 4,1
    2. dte: 32 - 3,6
    3. RoosterCocoa: 30 - 3,3
    4. maxx!: 27 - 3
    5. Asthereal (TO): 24 - 2,7
    5. Phasmoid: 24 - 2,7
    7. alphastryk: 22 - 2,4
    8. Reeplcheep: 18 - 2
    8. silkster 18 2
    10. GoblinSmashmaster 10 1,1

Which leads to these bannings:
    Chalice of the Void
    Conjurer's bauble
    Crack the Earth
    Den of the Bugbear
    Fungal Reaches
    Gather the townsfolk
    Gideon of the Trials
    Hidetsugu Consumes All
    Icatian Store
    Mistveil plains
    Prismari Command
    Saprazzan Skerry
    Shadowblood Ridge

And the season standings look as follows:
    1. dte: 38,4
    2. silkster: 34,5
    3. FTW: 33,4
    4. maxx!: 30,9
    5. RoosterCocoa: 30,9
    6. Asthereal (TO): 29
    7. Reeplcheep: 26,2
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 23,8
    9. Phasmoid: 22,6
    10. alphastryk: 22,5
    11. Nasst: 6,1

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 11 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 11, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 15th of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R11 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    DD, I think. If I lead on Skerry, you can Crack for a draw. If I lead on Seat, you Crack into the counter and then make two 2/2s to hold the fort. On your play, I can do nothing. If you make creatures, I can go Seat -> Skerry -> Rise to hold the fort and you can never get anything out of Crack. I think this is DD all day long.
    This makes sense to me, I agree and will update the sheet

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    This makes sense to me, I agree and will update the sheet
    Already done. I reckoned you'd be okay with an extra point, and I didn't see other lines either.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Already done. I reckoned you'd be okay with an extra point, and I didn't see other lines either.
    Indeed, I'm very happy with my point! :D

Hello! Just found this place from /r/threecardblind on reddit, cool to see it's still ongoing! Looking forward to participating in the next round.

By the way, if anyone's interested, there's also a 3CB tournament going on on reddit at the moment, with over 20 participants!
    Would you believe that Thassa's Oracle has so far managed to survive the banhammer for 2 rounds? [the system is that the top 4 decks get one card banned; and so far the decks meta-ing against oracle have done better than oracle decks themselves]

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    Hello! Just found this place from /r/threecardblind on reddit, cool to see it's still ongoing! Looking forward to participating in the next round
    Great to hear, and welcome!
    If you wish so you can still participate in this round.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Great to hear, and welcome!
    If you wish so you can still participate in this round.
    Ya I've sent in a deck for this round.
    Hopefully it was received alright; as I sent it before I could activate my account.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    Ya I've sent in a deck for this round.
    Hopefully it was received alright; as I sent it before I could activate my account.
    I received it in good order. Welcome to the competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 11 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    2. dte: Okiba Reckoner Raid, swamp, funeral charm, vicious rumors
    3. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Okiba reckoner raid, Snuff Out, Swamp
    4. jfb1337: Academy Ruins, Simic Growth Chamber, Powder Keg, Courier's Briefcase
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    6. alphastryk: Mountain, Hammerheim, Raze, Devastating Summons
    7. RoosterCocoa: Island, Mistvault Bridge, Rise and Shine, Forget
    8. Phasmoid: Razortide Bridge, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace
    9. FTW: Tundra, An Offer You Can't Refuse, Path to Exile, Recruit the Worthy
    10. maxx!: Mistvault Bridge, Island, Forget, Resculpt
    11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

3. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Okiba reckoner raid, Snuff Out, Swamp changed my Okina deck to be better vs the pact decks.

1. Asthereal (TO): Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    Discard one titan and snuff out the other. WW 6-0

Snuff out to beat titans hurts in the mirror. LL 0-6

4. jfb1337: Academy Ruins, Simic Growth Chamber, Powder Keg, Courier's Briefcase
    LL 0-6

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    If you lead on luminarch I make you discard field and you never charge it up. If you lead on field I kill it by making you discard ascension. WW 6-0

My threat beats yours. WW 6-0
    I got summons backwards, I thought it was x 2/2s not 2 x/x. DD 2-2

Indestructible. LL 0-6

8. Phasmoid: Razortide Bridge, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace
    WW 6-0

Everything trades. DD 2-2

Unlike rooster, your threat is not indestructible. WD 4-1

11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid
    This is a better way to deal with the pact decks probably.. WL 3-3

8 W 5 D 7 L 29/60

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

So the week I decide to play Raze is the week everyone plays Indestructible lands. :(

I cannot Raze your land. LL

0-6

The best I can do is play for a draw - if you ever play out your land I can Raze it, so you have to play your threat. After you do, I Raze your land then make 2 1/1s and we stare. DD

2-2

3. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Okiba reckoner raid, Snuff Out, Swamp
    The best I can do is play for a draw - if you ever play out your land I can Raze it, so you have to play your threat. After you do, I Raze your land then make 2 1/1s and we stare. DD

2-2

Raze beats Growth Chamber. WW

6-0

I cannot Raze your lands. LL

0-6

Me, trying to get Hammerheim banned because it doesn't matter what text my second "Mountain" has.

OTP, I aim to make 2 2/2s on my turn 2 ignoring Raze, which can draw with your 4/4. OTD, the best I can do is play Mountain and hold my other cards - If you play your threat I make 2/2s to draw, if you play Forget I discard Summons & Hammerheim and Raze your Island to draw. DD

2-2

I cannot Raze your land. LL

0-6

OTP, the best I can do is make 2 1/1s, then attempt to Raze your land if you play it (you counter with Offer then Path one of my tokens and make your own 1/1 for the draw. OTD, I can't ever beat Offer. DL

1-4

OTP, I aim to make 2 2/2s on my turn 2 ignoring Raze, which can draw with your 4/4. OTD, the best I can do is play Mountain and hold my other cards - If you play your threat I make 2/2s to draw, if you play Forget I discard Summons & Hammerheim and Raze your Island to draw. DD

2-2

OTP, I can make 2 1/1s on my turn 1, resulting in a draw after you Devour my Raze (If I play Mountain, pass you have to take Summons because you can't beat 2 2/2s, then I Raze your land for the draw). OTD, you can take away my Summons on your turn 1 but then I can still Raze your land for the draw. DD

2-2

Total: 17 points and a ton of draws
    Last edited by alphastryk; 06-15-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Thread Information