Thread: MTG (and other CCG/TCG) Custom Storage Dividers

MTG (and other CCG/TCG) Custom Storage Dividers

*Before I begin, I would like to say I received permission from the site admin to post this*

Hi everyone! I'm currently running a "Make 100" kickstarter where I make custom storage dividers for CCG/TCG games. This is something I've done for myself and friends in the past, but I've gotten a lot of buildup of supplies and enjoy making them in my spare time, so I thought I'd try expanding on this hobby.

The kickstarter features various designs and customization options - so if you want to check it out that would be cool, and even feedback on the idea would be greatly appreciated!

kickstarter

Re: MTG (and other CCG/TCG) Custom Storage Dividers

That seems a good idea.

Just a few thoughts:
    - I don't think you can use mtg images to sell your product without having the rights. But you could allow clients to specify the image to be shown (if they show the source of the image and it's legal to print it).
    - The size of the divider is really important. My last few Ultimate Guard deckboxes don't allow all dividers. If it's too tall it won't fit.
    - Maybe having some personalized text would be better. Such as the deck name and the owner name (although the client could always specify what he/she wants). Nowadays some decks are quite expensive, and having a divider with your name printed in it would make it easier to demonstrate that a deck is yours in case of being lost or stolen (yes, I know a thief would throw it before trying to sell anything, but if it's caught before leaving an event it would be easy to catch).
    - I think a divider with little wheels to be also a life counter would also be a good idea, as long as it's not really thick (such as existing mtg life counters).

Good luck!

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Re: MTG (and other CCG/TCG) Custom Storage Dividers

So it's dividers with stuff glued to them?
    Why does it need a kickstarter? Just sell them on etsy or something.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Thread Information