Thread: Need help finding "Pirate" lands

Need help finding "Pirate" lands

This one may be tough. I like the pirate theme from Ixalan and want to build, likely, a grixis build but focus more on theme than power, theme being tribal pirates. The deck will be kitchen table in nature. I want to capture as much pirate-y things in the art as possible, and the basics I may need are proving to be a challenge. Blue is easy as the APAC lands series has one with a ship in it. Simple enough. But the Mountain and Swamp ones are proving difficult. I went through a scryfall search and found the following that are as close as I can get to having pirates, water, or ships in them (lots of water in swamps):
    APAC Island - spot on:

(there is another map-like island art in the APAC series that I like for this purpose as well)

Standard showdown:

Ixalan (you'd think this would be a slam dunk):

Duel decks (plus others):

online masters edition, was this on paper anywhere?

APAC:

Arena:

DOM (although, not sure if that is a busted ship or tree or skeleton or what):

XLN (again, not exactly a shoe-in):

Duel decks and others, only one with a definitive boat of any kind:

SOM, might also have been a ship at one point:

Are there any on theme, artwise, lands that might work that I may have overlooked? I will have the XLN version of drowned catacomb and some other essential non-basics, I'm just trying to get the swamps and mountains down for now, although any other pirate art cards are welcome at this time! Language, pimp status, border status all is irrelevant for this project. Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Re: Need help finding "Pirate" lands

Love the theme

Swamps:
    Dominaria #260 (this reminds me of a pirate village/island, but maybe thats just me)

Fate Reforged #181(has few boats)

Avacyn Restored #237 (a boat!)

For Mountain in this theme I only found this and its a bit of a reach

That online masters mountain is originally from Portal Three Kingdoms
    https://scryfall.com/search?q=%21Mou...nique%3Aprints

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

From my part i can recommend. Portal second age lands they are more fantasy driven (love old mtg arts) But maybe you can find something for your pirate deck

Also 7th edition lands have a nice vib sample below:

Have a look at the khans block. I remember seeing some nice pictures there.
    Good luck on you quest.

Very helpful suggestions, thanks everyone!
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    Avacyn Restored #237 (a boat!)
    Yeah, that is the first one that came to mind:

Which is the "light" version of this Innistrad one:

There are the accompanying Mountains which could pass as a little "pirate cove" to me:

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, that is the first one that came to mind:

Which is the "light" version of this Innistrad one:

There are the accompanying Mountains which could pass as a little "pirate cove" to me:

Thanks. I had no idea there was a "light" version of that land. Will probably make it easier to see whats going on in it, and get the full piratey feel!

Thread Information