Thread: Yorion and Doubling Season

Yorion and Doubling Season

I had a brainwave this afternoon how when using Doubling Season with planeswalkers (say, Jace the Mind Sculptor) I know that if Doubling Season arrives on the battlefield after Jace there won't be any meaningful interaction but what if they arrive at the same time thanks to something like Yorion, the Sky Nomad?

Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Yorion, Sky Nomad
    Doubling Season

So:
    Given I have Jace at 1 Loyalty and Doubling season in play, I cast and resolve Yorion and choose Jace and Doubling Season. When they are returned to the battlefield how much loyalty does Jace have?

Re: Yorion and Doubling Season

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I had a brainwave this afternoon how when using Doubling Season with planeswalkers (say, Jace the Mind Sculptor) I know that if Doubling Season arrives on the battlefield after Jace there won't be any meaningful interaction but what if they arrive at the same time thanks to something like Yorion, the Sky Nomad?

Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Yorion, Sky Nomad
    Doubling Season

So:
    Given I have Jace at 1 Loyalty and Doubling season in play, I cast and resolve Yorion and choose Jace and Doubling Season. When they are returned to the battlefield how much loyalty does Jace have?

Permanents with a continuous replacement effect that modifies how things enter the battlefield don't apply until that permanent itself is actually on the battlefield (for example Orb of Dreams doesn't cause itself to enter tapped)

Thread Information