Thread: Commander's Plate

Jul 2005
    Belgium

Commander's Plate

Since you have no commander in Legacy, Commander's Plate essentially gives your equiped creature protection from all 5 colors in Legacy.
    Is that correct ?

Re: Commander's Plate

Not 100% on my response, but pretty confidant the answer is it offers no protection.

Similar to the land that pays 3 and 1 life for each color in your identity to draw a card, since there is no commander in legacy the amount (protection) is undefined, not 0, and thus there is no benefit from things that reference it. So the land doesn't work, and I'm going to be pretty certain that the protection isn't offered either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

903.4e If an ability refers to the colors or number of colors in a commander’s color identity, that quality is undefined if that player doesn’t have a commander. That part of the ability won’t do anything. Costs that refer to that quality are unpayable.

They wrote themselves a backdoor to any non-commander interactions. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Jul 2005
    Belgium

I figured this might have been too good to be true.
    Would have been great to give Fervent Champion and/or Puresteel Paladin protection from all colors for 1-3 mana.

Thanks for the replies.

Thread Information