Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaldheim. It's going to have Snow. And Vikings.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Kaldheim. It's going to have Snow. And Vikings.

Springleaf Drum is tempo negative, variance positive [both a function if being a do-nothing topdeck], and at the end of the day it's a pretty weak effect that also has to be cast and resolved. The lands that do the same thing are velocity positive and have same engine benefit. Hiding your combo parts in the manabase slots is pretty much forced by cards like this dwarf.

Springleaf Drum is closer to comparing an Ebon Stronghold to Tomb. The dude-lands do literally the same thing as Drum for mana, zero stack use, and they can make mana alone.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Seems interesting with things that can put counters onto it.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

I started thinking about what cards would go into such a deck until I realized it is like half the black and green cards already played. I think this creature is full of win.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

May 2015
    PDX

So they Fetch one time and they lose all Elk, food, and Astrolabes. Neat.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    So they Fetch one time and they lose all Elk, food, and Astrolabes. Neat.
    If they have Elks, chances are that they have an active Oko that will Elk your wolf before it can do shit.

May 2015
    PDX

If they have Elks, chances are that they have an active Oko that will Elk your wolf before it can do shit.
    Probably true, but at least it'll feel bad for them, if you manage to get a +1/+1 counter on your elk first.

At the floor of the card, it's a 3/3 for 3 that gets counters from your opp's cards going to the gy, so at the least, it keeps growing from at least fetches. That by itself is certainly solid. Now add on an optional/selective board wipe for its ceiling? That's cash money baby.

Is Sarulf a part of a cycle of " Ragnarok" creatures? Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Surtr showing up as cards? If Sarulf is Fenrir....

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    At the floor of the card, it's a 3/3 for 3 that gets counters from your opp's cards going to the gy, so at the least, it keeps growing from at least fetches. That by itself is certainly solid. Now add on an optional/selective board wipe for its ceiling? That's cash money baby.
    It's worth mentioning that it also grows from wasting their lands and is GSZ-able. Does nothing upon hitting the battlefield, though, which makes it a good Oko target for the opponent.

The first things that come into my mind regarding this card:
    Humans (probably the best for silver bullet shenanigans)....

*Gets reasonably excited for the first time in ages for the possibility of using this in historic*

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I started thinking about what cards would go into such a deck until I realized it is like half the black and green cards already played. I think this creature is full of win.
    This card is just so *cool*. Flavor win, and mechanically it's so reminiscent of Pernicious Deed. I didn't know I needed a Deed with legs, but goddamnit, I NEED IT!!!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

It's worth mentioning that it also grows from wasting their lands and is GSZ-able. Does nothing upon hitting the battlefield, though, which makes it a good Oko target for the opponent.
    Yeah, it's really neat, but between the timing restriction and hitting the table with a pretty small body for the cost it looks a lot like a 'lose more' card for competitive play.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Yeah, it's really neat, but between the timing restriction and hitting the table with a pretty small body for the cost it looks a lot like a 'lose more' card for competitive play.
    Eh, I dunno about that. It's already highly likely to be immune to Bolt on arrival. It's also very likely to be a 4/4 Elk if opponent goes for the Oko [+1]. If your deck has control elements, this seems like a decent option against Enchantress, TES, Emry Cannon, and potentially Vial. The interesting part is that it will kill anything [but a GSZ'd Arbor] that attempted to ramp it out (Mox Diamond, Noble Hierarch) or protect it (Mother of Runes). It's an interesting pre-requisite in deck construction. A deck like Worldgorger is probably perfectly happy turning this on with Decay. I guess technically a BUG Standstill deck also wouldn't care about spamming 'yes' on trigger.

Jul 2005
    Belgium

Post was mistaken. Removed it.
    Thanks for pointing it out, Pittplayer.
    Last edited by Borg; 12-19-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Regarding Sarulf, also worth keeping in mind, once you remove the counters on it to destroy one or more permanents you're also immediately getting back one or more counters on it. Removing counters breeds new counters. Deed on legs alright.
    Um no. You exile the cards with his ability. He gets counters from cards going to the gy. So this is actually not true.

This card is a little interesting:

Realmwalker 2G
    Creature Shapeshifter
    Changeling

As ~ enters the battlefield choose a creature type.

You may look at the top card of your library at any time.

You may cast creature spells of the chosen type from the top of your library.
    The casting cost is a little heavy, but it's still something that could do work in some kind of tribal deck.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

The casting cost is a little heavy, but it's still something that could do work in some kind of tribal deck.
    I never thought I'd find myself saying, "Elves doesn't need another toy." But then again, I never thought I'd find myself saying, "Many of us Americans don't believe in germ theory."
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Elves....may actually want this. Hmmm.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Lol, haste?
    And, I see the MCU phase two villian is going to be the phyrexian

Thread Information