Thread: Trading Forum

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Trading Forum

Rules for trading at mtgthesource:

1) Post messages in this thread to communicate what cards you are looking to acquire (ISO = In Search Of). Use card tags to make things easy for others.
    *1a) To make card tags, use this formula {cards}ACCURATELY SPELLED CARD NAME{/cards}. Switch out the brackets for regular parentheses and your cards should be highlighted blue in your post with the ability to mouse over and provide an accurate image.
    2) Other users will utilize the 'respond with quotes' function on the forum to start a basic conversation (eg I have your 4x Force of Will, do you have XYZ cards that I need?)
    *2a) Finish negotiations with direct messaging
    *2b) The purpose is to create a home-base for trading, not individual trading conversations
    3) Use appropriate mailing methods
    *3a) padded mailer recommended
    *3b) Tracking strongly recommended
    *3c) With high value trades, buying insurance is recommended
    *3d) If trading internationally, make sure you understand how to declare values on the postage forms
    4) Mtgthesource neither condones nor condemns selling of cards. That's for you to figure out in your direct messaging once you've gotten through parts 1-2.
    5) Have a plan for when a trade goes badly. Remember that we are a close knit-community, which should give you reassurance that this should be a pretty smooth process for getting cards in an affordable way, or a way of getting rare cards that only the legacy community would generally have access.

Thanks for reading, I'll update this as things get more streamlined. I kept wracking my brain for how to organize this and it was keeping me from getting it started. This should get things moving.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: Trading Forum

I'll start things off! I really need to finally finish off a respectable burn list for lending out to newer legacy players and to have in my back pocket for susceptible metagames.

ISO

4x Goblin Guide
    4x Eidolon of the Great Revel
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I am new to legacy in paper. The Scene in my city is pretty dead but I’d consider building my deck in paper. MP/HP is fine.

ISO

4 City of Traitors
    3 Helm of Obedience
    4 Chrome Mox

Looking for:

2x Eternal dragon, Scourge, Japanese, foil
    1x Decree of justice, Scourge, Japanese, foil
    1x Replenish, Scouge, Japanese, foil
    2x Exalted angel, Onslaught, Japanese, foil
    2x Faerie Macabre, Shadowmoor, Japanese, foil
    3x Unearth, Urza's legacy, Japanese, foil
    4x Rite of flame, Coldsnap, Japanese, foil

Message me if you have any.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

ISO

(1) Beta Lightning Bolt P to SP quality

(4) Tempest Ancient Tomb
    Last edited by PirateKing; 02-18-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hey folks.

Not sure how active this place is, but I'm liquidating my collection and figured I'd see if there's any interest.

I have a small but high value collection comprised primarily of cards for Lands and Doomsday, but also a total of 38 reserved list cards and a variety of other Legacy and Modern staples and such.

I have the whole list available as a PDF upon request, and I'm happy to provide pictures. I use paypal to invoice buyers and ship with tracking.

Please DM me on Discord - TheAntiMeme#8948 - if you're interested in seeing the list. I can also be found in the Doomsday and Lands Discords.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Thread Information