Thread: MultiColor Creatures - MCC

Threaded View

Jul 2005
    Belgium

MultiColor Creatures - MC²

I'd like to build a competitive Multicolor Creature deck.

Why do I think this type of deck can be succesful ?

1- Multicolor creatures give you an edge in power/ability over their equivalent single color creatures. compare Reclamation Sage with Knight of Autumn to get the idea.

2- The mana base is there with Pillar of the Paruns and Ancient Ziggurat to go cherrypicking among all 5 colors.

3- There's a wish card Glittering Wish that allows you to actually play the game with a 75 card deck and keep all your silver bullets at the ready in your SB.

What cards should go in ?

Tidehollow Sculler : this seems to be an ideal T2 drop. Automatic 4-off. Check opponent's hand, cripple him somewhat, follow up on T3 with ...

Meddling Mage : once you have seen your opponent's hand your Mage is no longer flying blind and you'll have a pretty good idea of what you're up against and what to call with the Mage. 3 MD + 1 SB seems best to me.

Knight of New Alara on T4 and you have two 4/4's to start your beatdown. 3 MD + 1 SB. 2 copies seems not enough imo as you like to pump your creatures sooner rather than later. The fact that their effects stack and they can boost each other is another reason to play 3 copies, I think.

Mother of Runes / Giver of Runes is necessary T1 for protection. Currently favor a 3/1 split over 4/0 or 2/2.

Knight of Autumn : an absolute power card in this setting imo. Artifact&Enchantment destruction, life gain or simply a 6/5 beater for just 3 mana. 3 MD.

Deputy of Detention : excellent creature who can deal with everything Knight of Autumn can deal with + creatures and Planeswalkers on top of that. Only downside is his power 1. This deck can have him operate as a 3/5 however ( or more with multiple Knights in play, but let's stay down to earth ) 3 MD + 1 SB.

Rhox War Monk : a 6/7 with Lifelink may be too good to pass up, especially if you have a Sylvan Library in your deck as well. 2 MD, could go down to just 1 if another "must have" creature shows up. Suggestions ?

Kunoros, Hound of Athreos : 1 MD copy as this card is just good by itself and even better with a Knight.

Leovold, Emissary of Trest : top card already, being a 6/6 instead of a 3/3 doesn't hurt. 1 MD + 1 SB.

Edric, Spymaster of Trest : card draw and a potential 4/4 for 3CC gives him a MD slot.

Noble Hierarch is a card I don't know if she truly belongs in this deck. Idem for Abrupt Decay

SB cards are mostly self explicatory, I guess.

Some input/feedback/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

The deck currently looks like this :

//CC1
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Noble Hierarch
    3 Mother of Runes
    1 Giver of Runes

//CC2
    4 Tidehollow Sculler
    3 Meddling Mage
    3 Glittering Wish
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Sylvan Library

//CC3
    3 Knight of Autumn
    3 Deputy of Detention
    2 Rhox War Monk
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Kunoros, Hound of Athreos
    1 Edric, Spymaster of Trest

//CC4
    3 Knight of New Alara

//Lands
    4 Pillar of the Paruns
    4 Ancient Ziggurat
    3 Windswept Heath
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Tundra
    1 Swamp
    1 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Plains
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Flooded Strand

//Sideboard
    1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
    1 Teferi, Time Raveler
    1 Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
    1 Meddling Mage
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
    1 Kelsien, the Plague
    1 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
    1 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Edric, Spymaster of Trest
    1 Dovin, Hand of Control
    1 Deputy of Detention
    1 Ashiok, Dream Render
    1 Abrupt Decay
    Last edited by Borg; 10-22-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Thread Information