Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [DECK] Grixis Death's Shadow

Re: [DECK] Grixis Death's Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    What do you mean by having a critical amount of instants to make Counterspell good? Do you just mean we need to have the option to leave mana open consistently? If so, then I tend to agree. I think the natural place to cut would be Sculler, and I'm not sure a full set of Sculler is good anyways. Additional copies of Gurmag are probably better, along with a few more instants (as you say.) Opt, Dismember, additional Stub, additional CS, Brazen Borrower, and Force of Negation are all options.

I'm kind of curious what the rest of MH2 brings us as well...ideally I think a decent 1 mana cantrip would be best for decks like this, maybe a slightly more powerful Opt.
    My Counterspell point is that holding up Counterspell, and returning a death shadow with “haste” If they do nothing is much stronger than cycling if they do nothing.

Dismember is better compared to path true. My point is that a split card instant speed unearth/dismember/gods willing may be worth the 1 mana premium.

Edit: but ds is a very lean deck, it may be not. But I think it’s reasonable to consider in a deck that wants to hold up Counterspell.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I truly forgot Orzhov Charm was an instant, honestly. I can understand that point now, as having 2 untapped lands can represent both Counterspell or Orzhov Charm. OC if they don't cast anything important, Counterspell if they do.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I truly forgot Orzhov Charm was an instant, honestly. I can understand that point now, as having 2 untapped lands can represent both Counterspell or Orzhov Charm. OC if they don't cast anything important, Counterspell if they do.
    Yes. If you are a deck that wants to hold up Counterspell, it seems really good. Now if Esper ds wants to hold up mana rather than tap out for unearth and jace vp is another question...

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Maybe it's time to re-evaluate Delver of Secrets? That allows for lurrus, and gives another t1 play that allows untapped mana for Counterspell. The curve makes more sense, and Counterspell is a decent support card for Delver. I also think because of Serum Visions I can cut to 17 lands. Lurrus plays really well with Snapcaster mage, too...seems almost good enough. I also think Dark Confidant might actually be playable, and necessary, because there aren't any Street Wraiths.

Delver List:

4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Death's Shadow
    3x Tidehollow Sculler
    2x Snapcaster Mage

4x Mishra's Bauble
    4x Thought Scour
    4x Serum Visions
    4x Thoughtseize
    3x Path to Exile
    2x Fatal Push
    2x Dismember
    2x Unearth
    2x Stubborn Denial
    3x Counterspell

4x Polluted Delta
    4x Flooded Strand
    1x Marsh Flats
    3x Watery Grave
    2x Hallowed Fountain
    1x Godless Shrine
    1x Island
    1x Swamp

Sideboard
    1x Lurrus of the Dream-Den
    14x good esper cards
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information