Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SCD] In Search of Greatness

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [SCD] In Search of Greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    There's also Vine Dryad an another pitchable 4-mana card. Between those and Leylines, question is what 5 cmc permanent has the most impact to win the game?

Also, how does ISoG interact with the new Tibalt? Would you be able to cast it with a 1 cmc card in play?
    Pretty sure that wasn't ever possible or it would have been running modern right now.

There's also Vine Dryad an another pitchable 4-mana card. Between those and Leylines, question is what 5 cmc permanent has the most impact to win the game?

Also, how does ISoG interact with the new Tibalt? Would you be able to cast it with a 1 cmc card in play?
    ISoG lets you cast a Valki with a CMC1 in play. It does not let you cast Tibalt because Tibalt is not a CMC2 spell.
    The templating on cascade that made it work was "find a CMC lesser card. Then Cast that card [without caring if the card's CMC is still lesser]" and why it still works with Bring to Light.

Sep 2011

There's no shortage of "free" 4 cmc cards. The problem is there's nothing at 5 cmc worth cheating out with ISOG.

There's a lot of creatures worth cheating at 6-9, but 5 is a bit blank. If there were better 5s, Neoform+Skyshroud Cutter is already a better combo than ISOG. It's possible Turn 1 OTP and only requires a 1-of in the deck, not to be in hand. It sees no play. ISOG is a worse version of that.

You might find something valuable among Planeswalkers or Enchantments.

As Reeplcheep said, the most playable idea so far has been as a 1-of backup plan in Leylines.dec when you need to ETutor for ramp to put Starfield of Nyx into play (Serra's Sanctum is not ETutorable)

Tbh not that great. But with the free skyshroud dude you have a jump blocker and eventually Bolas will take over the game!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I think I figured out a way to break it. You need a lot of copy effects, since copy effects are unique in that they are permanents that are higher cmc on the stack than on the battlefield. Copy effects are easier to find than self sacrifice I think.

A bunch of 2 mana ETB enchantments plus Estrids Invocation and Copy Enchantment should turn this into a gilded lotus, since you should have a bunch of 2s on the battlefield and 3s in your hand. With no non-copy 3 or 4 cmc permanents it should just cast a 3 drop every turn.
    Yep I think you're right, probably some Enchantress shell would work. Some Enchantress builds already run Estrid's Invocation and a bunch of three-drops anyway.

Or Leylines I guess.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

I thought about playing this as ramp in EDH. It sets up Laboratory Maniac with mana untapped for something like Paradigm Shift + Brainstorm.

On Paradigm Shift, maindeck graveyard hate like Tormod's Crypt could double as a way of clearing the yard for Paradigm Shift + Labman/Oracle.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Conspiracy Theorist
    Creature - Human Shaman
    When Conspiracy Theorist attacks, you may pay and discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
    When you discard one or more nonland cards, you may exile one of them from your graveyard. If you do, you may cast it until the end of this turn.
    2/2
    The English translation had an error, so I fixed it. You can only choose one of the cards if you discard multiples at the same time. Otherwise, it would turn LED into an actual Black Lotus. Still seems pretty good, though.

Thread Information