Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [C21] Commander 2021 spoilers

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

[C21] Commander 2021 spoilers

Jesus, yet another spoiler season?

Seems really good with that blue enchantment that can remove library cards on demand.

There are also these cards:

Re: [C21] Commander 2021 spoilers

Were the Play Designers bullied by Boros players when they were kids or

Mar 2007

More cards, found on Reddit:

Links to the other cards sadly don't work.

Alright are there interesting combos to run with the mirror thing? All I can think of is Welder/Engineer shenanigans. And I guess blue Tezzeret (does anyone play that anymore?) can grab it to make a copy of anything you have.

It can also copy, say, a Skyclave Apparition and exile a thing forever if the opp doesn't have removal right now. I'd like to know if this trick also works for creatures like Banisher Priest or Kitesail Freebooter or Valki etc. I guess you can also use it to "cheat" on cards with Echo cost. Are there any that are good?

Mar 2007

Some other new spoilers:

Stompy mana cost. There must be a away to abuse this, right? It can create tons of Karn constructs. There's obviously Salvagers + LED, but maybe something else (considering Ballista is the superior wincon)?

This seems fantastic with Welder (or even Reanimator), especially since it already has its own discard outlet already built in. Nuking artifacts/enchantments + being a fat flyer seems too good to pass. A whole bunch of common removal doesn't work against it and even then - you can just bring it back with Welder. Are there any good white ways to bring it back, though?

Not too sure how this would fare in white Stompy decks.

Another one that can combo with Platinum Angel/Emperion.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Octavia could sure be wild with Young Pyromancer, but 8 is a lot of spells in the 'yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Seems really good with that blue enchantment that can remove library cards on demand.
    Does it work with Tainted Pact?

... Cursed Mirror is really interesting.
    Last edited by Jander78; 04-12-2021 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Fixed tags

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Does it work with Tainted Pact?

... Cursed Mirror is really interesting.
    Not really since eventually you'll hit two of the same. Probably sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Jander78; 04-12-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Real excited for Octva Living Thesis, gonna have to figure something out.

Mar 2007

Can go infinite with Port Razer or Combat Celebrant. It's noteworthy that it's X+1, so zero spells still copies one creature.

[QUOTE=FourDogsinaHorseSuit;1092685][QUOTE=rufus;1092683]

Not really since eventually you'll hit two of the same. Probably sooner rather than later.
    Even if you run a commander deck... its "one or more cards" +1+1

But anyway 3/3 haste draw engine. Stompy mana cost.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    What? Thought Lash (finally remembered the name) has an activated ability that allows you to trigger the ability once per activation - and there's no activation limit.

Edit: Laelia also plays very nicely with Chandra, Torch of Defiance which most Red Stompy decks run anyway.

What? Thought Lash (finally remembered the name) has an activated ability that allows you to trigger the ability once per activation - and there's no activation limit.

Edit: Laelia also plays very nicely with Chandra, Torch of Defiance which most Red Stompy decks run anyway.
    I messed up the QUOTE i wanted to talk about Tainted packt

Light up the Stage is also good, and there is some good GY hate like scrabbling claws idk the name but there is a better one that claws
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Right, but they get exiled one at a time in the process of resolving the tainted pact, which has me wondering.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Right, but they get exiled one at a time in the process of resolving the tainted pact, which has me wondering.
    I'm pretty sure the card looks only at the end result. It can't trigger during the resolution of the spell, just afterwards.

I'm pretty sure the card looks only at the end result. It can't trigger during the resolution of the spell, just afterwards.
    It can trigger during the resolution of a spell, if they couldn't a permanent could never trigger on itself dying to a "Destroy" effect because it would be placed into the graveyard during the resolution of the spell and therefore the triggered ability would cease to function by the time we're at "Afterwards"
    603.2. Whenever a game event or game state matches a triggered ability’s trigger event, that ability automatically triggers. The ability doesn’t do anything at this point.

603.2a Because they aren’t cast or activated, triggered abilities can trigger even when it isn’t legal to cast spells and activate abilities. Effects that preclude abilities from being activated don’t affect them.
    What you're refering to is that they can't be put onto the stack until the spell finishes resolving, but they still trigger.
    603.3. Once an ability has triggered, its controller puts it on the stack as an object that’s not a card the next time a player would receive priority.

Mar 2007

UG now has a legit Wrath effect. If you have a bounce available, this shifts the symmetry alot.

UG now has a legit Wrath effect. If you have a bounce available, this shifts the symmetry alot.
    It feels a bit like it breaks the color pie. I did a quick search for blue instants and sorceries that have "all creatures" in the text. There aren't many. Most involve tapping. A few involve returning. Two of the blue also have double white and are board wipes (Supreme Verdict and Time Wipe).

Doing the same for green results in power/toughness boosts, damage prevention, and turning lands into creatures. When paired with black, there is Death Frenzy (all get -2/-2) and Golgari Charm and Rolling Spoil (-1/-1). Gruul Charm (red/green) hits all creatures with flying. There is one mono-green card that destroys all creatures with flying (Whirlwind). Hurricane is similar (but it has "each" instead of all, so I only added it here because I remembered - I am not going to search more).

Blue does have Pongify, and green has Beast Within, but those are single creatures, not the whole board.

Planeswalkers that bounce creatures play really well with this.

Thread Information