Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

It would combine with Liquimetal Coating (and now Liquimetal Torque), but that's probably still not good enough.

Edit: Between Grief and now Voidwalker, wouldn't Reanimate get tons of value in maindeck slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It would combine with Liquimetal Coating (and now Liquimetal Torque), but that's probably still not good enough.

Edit: Between Grief and now Voidwalker, wouldn't Reanimate get tons of value in maindeck slots?
    Why Voidwalker?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Why Voidwalker?
    It's just a mana efficient way to use the tap ability again like unearthing your snapcaster or whatever, on a creature that self-sac so you have a decent target for your reanimate even if you're playing against storm or something

Mar 2007

Why Voidwalker?
    Can bring it back for an additional use the next turn if there are enough juicy targets or get the evasive beater + Leyline effect back online for 1 mana.

Unearth would also work with Voidwalker, but doesn't enable dumb shit with Grief (while Reanimate does).

Edit:
    BoP and Ornithopter had a love child:

Sep 2011

Embarrassing...........

Still, I'm surprised this is not played.
    Sword of Fire and Ice has more obvious profit. There won't always be both an artifact and planeswalker to destroy, and when you can get an X+2/X+2 unblocked attacker through you can easily kill a walker...

Sep 2011

Edit:
    BoP and Ornithopter had a love child:
    Did they somehow find a way to make both cards unplayable?

Flash would have made it strictly better compared to Pyrokinesis, though.

How does it compare to Pyrokinesis, though? The body is very aggressive, but also fragile since dies to Bolt. Being able to hit PW is great, sorcery speed not so much. Would this be playable in Red Stompy decks?
    Seems like it's got potential against decks that like to go wide with small bodies like Death and Taxes or Elves where it could be a 2-for-2 or better.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Did they somehow find a way to make both cards unplayable?
    It's a mana dork for Sol land decks. Yes, there are other two mana options, but they all have 1 toughness and don't give rainbow mana when tapped. Flying also enables you slap some equipment onto it if that is your thing.

I'm not saying it's good, but it might find some exotic uses.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Seems like it's got potential against decks that like to go wide with small bodies like Death and Taxes or Elves where it could be a 2-for-2 or better.
    Maindeck or sideboard?

Post the card, Ben!

Maindeck or sideboard?
    Anything that depends on the opponent's game plan to be good is going to be a sideboard or metagame choice.

Mar 2007

Pretty weird choice for a Magus. Especially since the original worked from the GY while this doesn't.

Pretty weird choice for a Magus. Especially since the original worked from the GY while this doesn't.
    It's a weird choice but at least it's not broken like the original.
    I guess it's a fixed version.
    TBH I'm surprised that they did change the text and not just have an even better version of Bridge.
    Would be pretty neat to also feed it to Ichorids when necessary.

We finally got better tombstalker, oh wow, it is blue...
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post

We finally got better tombstalker, oh wow, it is blue...
    Who ever though this was ok deserves a good spanking.
    At this point they are just trolling in putting delve on anything blue.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I think this is probably a straight swap in UR Delver with the Whale dude, right? I know there are times when the whale pays off, but having a 4/4 flyer (or better) on turn 2 seems to be better. This just gets nutso big late game, too. Another interesting point is that if you play a 2nd one, the first one gets bigger as well due to the last line of text. It might put some delve removal spells back onto the table for consideration, like Magmatic Sinkhole and Murdurous Cut.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I think this is probably a straight swap in UR Delver with the Whale dude, right? I know there are times when the whale pays off, but having a 4/4 flyer (or better) on turn 2 seems to be better. This just gets nutso big late game, too. Another interesting point is that if you play a 2nd one, the first one gets bigger as well due to the last line of text. It might put some delve removal spells back onto the table for consideration, like Magmatic Sinkhole and Murdurous Cut.
    dude is at least 6/6 flying for 2 mana, quite possibly an 8/8 in the late game
    And yes, cards such as snapcaster and relic (and more delve) make it bigger.

Basicly legacy is blue + pyroblast and lightning bolt at this point
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Mar 2007

Between the new Monkey and now Regent, how is U/R Delver not going to dominate? What a dumb design. Especially since later Delve creatures can pump it as well.

Might as well play a build with 4 StP and 4 Solitudes to even have a remote chance at surviving at this point.

May 2015
    PDX

Between the new Monkey and now Regent, how is U/R Delver not going to dominate? What a dumb design. Especially since later Delve creatures can pump it as well.

Might as well play a build with 4 StP and 4 Solitudes to even have a remote chance at surviving at this point.
    UW decks don't really play many pitch white cards that aren't Plow or Wraths. REB is what you're looking for.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Murktide regent sounds UB at least and even BB. let's say that the line of text talking about sorceries and instants is more U than B... but why give it to blue only :(

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

So.....

4x Delver
    4x Sprite Dragon
    4x Murktide Regent

Other Usual Delver Stuff

18 Lands

Tier 0?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information