Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Also, how do the rules work there? Stage becomes a Saga, no? And Sagas gain counters each turn, no? It sounds cool, but I’m confused.
    Short answer is layers. Those chapter abilties resolve to create layer 6 effects which are applied after stage's normal layer 1 effect.

Long answer:
    Stage is now a Saga. It has 3 Chapter Abilities and 2T: Copy something else.
    On your First Main it's chapter abilities triggers and now it has a layer 6 Ability adding effect, T: Add C.
    On your next first main, chapter two triggers and now it has a new layer 6 ability adding effect, 2T: Make a Karnstruct.
    Now if you copy comething else, the copy will be applied in layer 1, Copy effects. So Your stage has copied a Basic Mountain. It copies everything that is a mountain. Basic Land -- Mountain, T: Add R. But then in layer six, those two other abilities say "Also, this permanant has an effect which added abilities to it: T: Add C and 2T: Make a Karnstruct.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Lol, no beef. I found your brews a lot of fun.

Didnt you build a hilariously fun deck around Helldozer at some point, or was that someone else.
    I wouldn't say it was built "around" Helldozer but it did run Helldozer as a kill con yeah
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I wouldn't say it was built "around" Helldozer but it did run Helldozer as a kill con yeah
    Woah, IBA is back? Why did no one tell me?

So are IBA and Chunderbucket the same poster?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Short answer is layers. Those chapter abilties resolve to create layer 6 effects which are applied after stage's normal layer 1 effect.

Long answer:
    On your First Main it's chapter abilities triggers and now it has a layer 6 Ability adding effect, T: Add C.
    On your next first main, chapter two triggers and now it has a new layer 6 ability adding effect, 2T: Make a Karnstruct.
    Now if you copy comething else, the copy will be applied in layer 1, Copy effects. So Your stage has copied a Basic Mountain. It copies everything that is a mountain. Basic Land -- Mountain, T: Add R. But then in layer six, those two other abilities say "Also, this permanant has an effect which added abilities to it: T: Add C and 2T: Make a Karnstruct.
    Thank you, FourDogs! (And thanks, Fox, although tbh I needed it spelled out.)

Does this go into some kind of mostly brown deck that also uses Depths (and in which Urza’s Saga can grab Expedition Map so that any two of the three lands is a combo)? I’m curious about how people are using this interaction and how successfully, since someone mentioned seeing it on a stream.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Woah, IBA is back? Why did no one tell me?
    I mean, I made a thread

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

So are IBA and Chunderbucket the same poster?
    No but I was responsible for Thunderbluff if that counts

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Long answer:
    That is way too much text to read for a card that has a 0% chance of not being banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    That is way too much text to read for a card that has a 0% chance of not being banned
    Thankfully I provided a short answer for you too! I even put it first.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Prismatic Ending has been the unexpected breakout for me. It's everywhere now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    What cards you keep in your sb are based on your deck and your meta. Some decks run decay. Some decks run pithing needle. Again you are just talking nonsense. I asked you what decks A. want the card. B. what cards get cut to put that card in the deck. C. what exciting new decks will this form. Cause I am saying A. None. B. None. C. None. Still waiting while you say just silly things. I don't need to go through every card commonly played in legacy and explain to you why they are run as you are suggesting. The metagame speaks for itself. It is on you to prove, with "any??" points why this new card is an auto-include for some decks, as you actually have said. You said this card will see legacy play. Where? In what decks? Still waiting for.. an actual argument for the card...
    gottem

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I wonder if we're going to see Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar + The Underworld Cookbook in Legacy as well. It seems to be all the rage in Modern lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I wonder if we're going to see Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar + The Underworld Cookbook in Legacy as well. It seems to be all the rage in Modern lately.
    Hogaak and Bridge From Below aren't banned in Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Hogaak and Bridge From Below aren't banned in Legacy.
    It is not as good as gaak in a all in shell. But I think it can't have promise as a cheap CA engine + threat for pox type decks. It plays well with land tax.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I wonder if we can see some Deadguy Ale shell down the line that can utilize Voidwalker in tandem with Sword of the Realms. It has everything to make Voidwalker even better - extra power, vigilance to enable swinging + sac ability and then auto-reycle to do it all again next turn. Throw in Vials to skip the recast and you essentially have an upkeep cost of per turn to cast something exiled from your opponent while swinging with a 5 power shadow creature. Might a cool 1-of against certain decks.

Thread Information