Results 1 to 20 of 555

Thread: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hymn-Slinging Mod
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    3,274

    Modern Horizons 2 Previews



    But wait:


    Also:
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  2. #2
    Hymn-Slinging Mod
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    3,274

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews




    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  3. #3
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,306

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    That Sanctum Prelate looks so much better than the old version, holy shit.

    Hard to rate the Lion and Brainstone. Both seem much worse than their original version. And at 3 mana, every color having access to a sorcery speed Brainstorm doesn't seem to hot. And its CC doesn't really work with Chalice decks.

    Urza's Saga is less of a land and more like a spell, given how it works. Might be cool with CoW, though.

  4. #4
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    2,107

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Just so we're all on the same page, Urza's Saga is a manland for Dreadstill. Also you all are so effing lucky it can't wish out a Portable Hole.

  5. #5

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Whats with wotc embracing the old border again, especially in a set called modern masters? Those old border foil fetches are going to be absurdly expensive.

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    2,107

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Whats with wotc embracing the old border again, especially in a set called modern masters? Those old border foil fetches are going to be absurdly expensive.
    It is to punish those who blew their stimulus checks on RL cards, when they should have saved up for sealed MM2 boxes.

  7. #7
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,306

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Whats with wotc embracing the old border again, especially in a set called modern masters? Those old border foil fetches are going to be absurdly expensive.
    You've answered your own question. It's all about the $$$ now since Hasbro has realized how badly they can milk MtG.

    I don't mind them. I was never a fan of the new border in the first place. And given how WotC has stopped giving a shit about how MtG cards should look, given recent promos and special products, it's a nice change in pace.

  8. #8

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Just so we're all on the same page, Urza's Saga is a manland for Dreadstill. Also you all are so effing lucky it can't wish out a Portable Hole.
    Would you settle for a Brittle Effigy?

  9. #9
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,220

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Just so we're all on the same page, Urza's Saga is a manland for Dreadstill. Also you all are so effing lucky it can't wish out a Portable Hole.
    It pushes the limits to how many colorless lands you play. I play mono-blue Dreadstill and it still feels like a 2-color deck because of Wasteland/Factory. I agree this is a new tool for it, but either some number of the colorless lands have to go or we have to re-evaluate whether a splash color is feasible with so many colorless lands. I suppose it could take up some number of spell slots, but we already play 22 lands (typically) so the most we would want is maybe 24.
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    PDX
    Posts

    2,107

    Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    It pushes the limits to how many colorless lands you play. I play mono-blue Dreadstill and it still feels like a 2-color deck because of Wasteland/Factory. I agree this is a new tool for it, but either some number of the colorless lands have to go or we have to re-evaluate whether a splash color is feasible with so many colorless lands. I suppose it could take up some number of spell slots, but we already play 22 lands (typically) so the most we would want is maybe 24.
    What we've been looking for in UR Dreadstill for years is a 2x Manland that can replace 3x Factory. This is the first manland to show promise. This is not getting added to a stack of Wastelands and Factories, it's 3 Factory slots to 2x manland 1x basic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)