Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

If Voidwalker sticks you almost always go for attacks. Played like 100 matches with Ragavan and Voidwalker.
    Honestly both just eat removal so my Confidants can stay alive. I used voids active once and it wasnt relevant.

Ragavan on the other hand steals stuff every other game.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I wonder how good Ignoble Hierarch + Voidwalker is going to be. You could easy go

T1: Hierarch
    T2: Voidvalker, 1-mana discard

And then you could either play their best card the next turn or attack with a 4 power shadow creature every turn while hosing their GY. Sounds like a super-strong creature combo from a value perspective, especially since both are good on their own.
    Just like all discard spells, the cards become useless towards the mid game when both are just top decking. Voidwalker does not help with this issue. Great on turn 1-3

Nonetheless, there's absolutely no reason to play anything outside of Red and Blue right now.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    Nonetheless, there's absolutely no reason to play anything outside of Red and Blue right now.
    The best reason to be outside of red and blue is probably mono-Choke stompy with SB Tsunami.

Edit: Maindeck Carpet of Flowers and Endurance

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    The best reason to be outside of red and blue is probably mono-Choke stompy with SB Tsunami.

Edit: Maindeck Carpet of Flowers and Endurance
    And how good are those decks outside of those matchups.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    And how good are those decks outside of those matchups.
    Comes down to how many people buy into "there's absolutely no reason to play anything outside of Red and Blue right now".

Brainstorm was already >50% of decks. If the format skews even more towards blue (Sunday Challenge was 25% UR), at some point Choke.dec has text. It's not like Chalice @ 1, Karn and Urza's Saga are bad cards in other matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Stoneforge Mystic and Aether Vial and Mom and Recruiter of the Guard and Swords to Plowshares and Flickerwisp do nothing to stop you from being Tendril'd to death turn 2. Are you saying those are bad cards?
    Excuse me, but you seem to be missing the fact that we're talking about a 1W creatures. I'd rather have Thalia against TES/ANT than playing a game of Mesa Pegasus, go.
    Also, I never saw your name on this boards yet you have thousands of posts; is that number manipulated somehow and I'm falling for some kind of a moderators' meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hack View Post
    Excuse me, but you seem to be missing the fact that we're talking about a 1W creatures. I'd rather have Thalia against TES/ANT than playing a game of Mesa Pegasus, go.
    Also, I never saw your name on this boards yet you have thousands of posts; is that number manipulated somehow and I'm falling for some kind of a moderators' meme?
    He was banned for a while. But he's legit. Put together some very cool brews back in the day.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I legit can't tell if my chain is being yanked right now

Also you can run multiple two drops

Should, some might even say
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    He was banned for a while. But he's legit. Put together some very cool brews back in the day.
    ty

Although "Rob Hack" with only two posts ever both of which serve to grief me makes me think someone is just setting this up for shits and giggles tbh

Also the fact that SFM is a 1W creature but honestly I was too flat-footed to point that out in my first reply post

ty

Although "Rob Hack" with only two posts ever both of which serve to grief me makes me think someone is just setting this up for shits and giggles tbh

Also the fact that SFM is a 1W creature but honestly I was too flat-footed to point that out in my first reply post
    Joined 2020 and you're all it took to get them to end their year long vow of silence

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    You shut your mouth. Balustrade Spy is objectively good.
    Truly a glorious assertion!
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

I legit can't tell if my chain is being yanked right now

Also you can run multiple two drops

Should, some might even say
    Lol. Everyone here recognizes you IBA. You're infamous, just as you had always hoped.

I joined year ago in anticipation of an unbanning of banned poster. I have few more multinicks in case I'd need to comment on another unbanned lover of 1W Banding Flying birds.

I joined year ago in anticipation of an unbanning of banned poster. I have few more multinicks in case I'd need to comment on another unbanned lover of 1W Banding Flying birds.
    This is the most boring spy novel

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Lol. Everyone here recognizes you IBA. You're infamous, just as you had always hoped.
    I'mma be honest, you clearly have some beef with me but I don't really remember who you are

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Apparently you can stack Thespian Stage and Urza's Saga in such a way that Stage keeps the Karnstruct ability forever without dying. Just saw it on anzid's stream.

I'mma be honest, you clearly have some beef with me but I don't really remember who you are
    Lol, no beef. I found your brews a lot of fun.

Didnt you build a hilariously fun deck around Helldozer at some point, or was that someone else.

Apparently you can stack Thespian Stage and Urza's Saga in such a way that Stage keeps the Karnstruct ability forever without dying. Just saw it on anzid's stream.
    No stacking really, just copy something else after two and before 3 resolves

What else goes in that deck?

Also, how do the rules work there? Stage becomes a Saga, no? And Sagas gain counters each turn, no? It sounds cool, but I’m confused.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    What else goes in that deck?

Also, how do the rules work there? Stage becomes a Saga, no? And Sagas gain counters each turn, no? It sounds cool, but I’m confused.
    Copy, get second counter "it gains" -> in upkeep before 3rd counter, change to not Saga.

Thread Information