Thread: UG No Show

Apr 2021
    Oz

UG No Show

Hi

This deck used to be a thing and I've been playing it with mixed results. Basically cheat a fatty in via Natural Order or Show and Tell. Protect these with counterspells and Boseiju. There have been other colour combos using this theme but this is what I've been trying to tune. Does anyone have any pointers on improving this list? No budget, all help appreciated.

1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Birds of Paradise
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Ice-Fang Coatl
    1 Progenitus
    1 Tyrranax Rex
    1 archon of cruelty

2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Natural Order
    4 Ponder
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

4 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Flooded Strand
    4 Khalni Garden
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Snow-Covered Forest
    3 Snow-Covered Island
    4 Tropical Island

Sideboard(15)

2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Defense Grid
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Force of Vigor
    1 Haywire Mite
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction

Sep 2011

Re: UG No Show

I like the concept.

A few tweaks...

4 fatties is too few for Show and Tell to work. Most decks run 8. Atraxa Grand Unifier is the best green Show and Tell target. It's a perfect payoff for a deck like this, working with both combos. Include 2-4 copies?

Another option would be to play few fatties but run other cards like Fierce Empath or Fauna Shaman (puts fatty in hand for Show & Tell, sacrifices to NO), allowing you to cheat down on the number of fatties in the deck.

Noble Hierarch seems better than Birds here.

Since your combos cost either 2U or 2GG, is Ancient Tomb good here? It helps jump to 3-4 mana quickly.

Unsure about Coatl. To make Ice Fang Coatl viable you need 3 snow basics by turn 3. That means the manabase should look like
    4 Misty
    4 Prismatic Vista (gets both basics)
    0 Flooded Strand
    0 Khalni Garden (reduces snow count & early tempo)
    3 Tropical
    3 Snow-Island
    3 Snow-Forest
    Remaining slots could be Ancient Tomb or Boseiju
    That sort of mana is the bare minimum to even consider Coatl.

Instead of Coatl, maybe that slot should be Uro or Endurance or more Birds/Hierarch?

Khalni Garden just seems unplayable. To get NO fodder you can just do:
    GSZ -> Dryad Arbor
    GSZ -> Hierarch
    Green fetch -,> Dryad Arbor
    Make Hierarch/Birds a 4-of
    All of those options seem better than running 4 tapped lands

You could consider a 1-of GSZ target like Champion of Rhonas (i.e. GSZ for Show & Tell when a fatty is stuck in hand).

Daze seems awkward at protecting a combo that needs 3-4 lands in play. How well does it work? Maybe that slot should be Spell Pierce, Veil of Summer, or Allosaurus Shepherd.

Daze appears weird when it comes to guarding a combo that requires 3-4 lands in play. How well does it function? Perhaps Spell Pierce, Veil of Summer, or Allosaurus Shepherd should fill that spot.

geometry dash

Apr 2021
    Oz

Thanks FTW for the help. Good ideas which I’m working on. I’m trying boseiju, who endures over khalni as spell protection and spell pierce over daze. Added 2 more emrakuul and 1 Atraxa. Might put in a few more fatties like archon of cruelty.

Thread Information