Thread: Monthly Legacy Cardiff and Bristol June 2021- Legacy is back here!

Monthly Legacy Cardiff and Bristol June 2021- Legacy is back here!

Legacy is back in paper in South west England and South Wales, and so I am resuming our monthly data collection of the decks played here in paper. These get posted in a couple of places, including the South Wales and West Facebook group.

As ever, with this being a local paper Legacy scene, I won’t be identifying pilots of most of the decks (as the aim is to show people what is being played in the area without giving too much information), and I won’t post lists without permission, so any super-secret tech is safe.

First up Cardiff, where we had 18. This was one of the bluest it has been for a while (the UK is always a bit less blue than over the Pond) with at least 9 brainstorm decks and in that 4 Daze/tempo decks to boot. The decks being played, in no particular order were

Mono red prison
    2 x bant control miracles (Uro, Endurance et al)
    Jeskai control (this was chosen over bant due to Tropical Island availability, I believe)
    B/W stoneblade (Yes, you read that right, BW stoneblade, not UWb - I like the idea of calling it “blackblade”, myself)
    2 UR Delver (with Monkey pirate on at least one)
    D n T
    B/W Aggro Eldrazi
    GWb Enchantress
    ANT
    Death’s Shadow
    RB Goblins
    Lands
    UW Standstill (I think this was a Sharkstill)
    2 x Maverick
    Infect
    And one deck I can’t read off my writing!

The top deck on 12 was Death’s Shadow, and I have been given permission to list the build….)

4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Death's Shadow
    4 Delver of Secrets / Insectile Aberration
    1 Drown in the Loch
    1 Fatal Push
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Force of Will
    1 Gurmag Angler
    1 Murktide Regent
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Ponder
    2 Snuff Out
    4 Stifle
    4 Street Wraith
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Underground Sea
    4 Wasteland
    4 Watery Grave

SIDEBOARD:
    1 Brazen Borrower / Petty Theft
    1 Fatal Push
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Karakas
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Liliana's Triumph
    2 Plague Engineer
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Surgical Extraction

UR delver came in with 9, as did Bant control/miracles and BW Eldrazi

The bant list was one I loaned out, and had a single each trop/tundra, with double Snow plains/Snow forest, eschewing Prismatic Ending for a Council’s Judgment, other than that it was pretty standard.
    BW Eldrazi is pretty standard too, it became popular at the start of the year online but has receded of late. The W is for Displacer and sideboard O rings, and the black for removal and the ubiquitous Plague Engineer, which gets everywhere.

UR delver was fully updated to include the new Dragon Rage and Monkey Pirate toys, and was my round one opponent that I sneaked past by a gnat’s whisker; I was playing the one deck in the room where Monkey does not really do much if it connects [Enchantress], which is probably significant- from what I heard if the card works, it is like Dread Horde Arcanist on steroids.

BR Goblins made 7, it is the now standard version, not Turbo Muxus with Ancient Tombs.

A huge bunch of sixes followed- ANT, Enchantress, Bant control, DnT, Mono red, BW Stoneblade
    Apologies as ever if I have missed one out from that list- things were rather hectic.

Cardiff was not the only event last night – Bristol is back with a bang too and “Doishy” of the Doomsday deck has passed on last night’s results for inclusion here, which I have edited to remove names and put into what I think is the points order. He could not make it, so these have come third hand, and I am not sure of the tournament structure. Apologies for any errors and much appreciated. I don’t know what type of Goblin list it was here, but it looks like a decent night for our red friends.
    Goblins 9
    Miracles 9
    D&T 7
    D&T 6
    Aluren 6
    Mono R 6
    Infect 6
    Affinity 6
    Dredge 3
    Unknown 4
    Jeskai Mentor 3
    UR Delver 3
    Mono U Delver 3
    Punishing Maverick 3
    Merfolk 3
    ANT 0

I would love to get more info on these, and hopefully will be able to incorporate all the double figure Legacy paper events in the M4 corridor in future, so that in 6 months and a year I can do a local meta breakdown of the year in paper. I will post monthly events here separately in future. If anyone wants list or whatever I can do my best, just DM me.
    Last edited by drmarkb; 07-04-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information