Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    The phased out zone hasn't existed for over 10 years now.
    This blatant token buff was made with Commander 2017.

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    This blatant token buff was made with Commander 2017.
    And? It should have been done back then. There's no reason why ignoring a token should get rid of it

Aug 2015
    The woods again

As with the previous instalment, this set isn't the result of good ideas. Nor, for that matter, of bad ideas.

This set is every idea. At the same time.

Bog Mummy take the wheel.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

May 2015
    PDX

And? It should have been done back then. There's no reason why ignoring a token should get rid of it
    Bringing this back on topic, the point remains that this creature is quite playable as it has everything required of a card to troll the card Delver as its floor. It remains one of the most important metrics when estimating playability. Though it has upside as a game extends, it is unlikely to see play based on it's coming out about 2 years too late. The larger problem in 2021 and beyond is that the unique ability to massacre token users specifically was removed with a rules update; otherwise it would be a reasonable sideboard option for generic use, and very much maindeckable in specialized strategies.

So while it's ultimately a miss, it is only by the narrowest of margins. The 2 mana dude you don't care about which threatens a trade with Delver, is quite good...but it's the flash part that tells the Delver player "no, you don't get to play on curve" [i.e. pick up your land in the not-mainphase or lose that mana and discard Bolt] - that's really key to realizing this is actually probably the best card in this cycle. Let's be honest about DnT for a moment: will they ever surrender a Spirit of the Labyrinth slot in the Brainstorm format, particularly when they just got handed a 3/2 lifelinker body which exiles Emrakul on turn 0 if need be.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Different take on Timely Reinforcements

Sunset Bash
    Sorcery

If an opponent has more life than you, gain 4 life.

If an opponent has more creatures than you, create two 1/1 white Human tokens.

If an opponent has more cards in hand than you, draw a card.

I'm guessing it's win-more and the mana cost is too high, but this has some potential for cute interactions and a decent body.

Moonveil Regent {3}{R}

Creature — Dragon

Flying

Whenever you cast a spell, you may discard your hand. If you do, draw a card for each of that spell’s colors.

When Moonveil Regent dies, it deals X damage to any target, where X is the number of colors among permanents you control.
    4/4

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I'm guessing it's win-more and the mana cost is too high, but this has some potential for cute interactions and a decent body.
    The comeback of kobold storm is upon us.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Anything where this has potential, aside form zero CMC Suspend spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Can't think of anything but it still seems slightly better than the blue one.

This card seems like total garbage

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Bold of them to only shift it up to Uncommon
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

If it were black I guess this would have been considered in Curses, idk, I'm only vaguely familiar with the deck

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

May be good for show and tell stuff or reanimator.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

I almost said "Storm," but then I saw the before the .
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2007

A better Looter il-Kor, with the night form being pure upside.

Edit:

An interesting haste enabler. Maybe worth picking up for red stompy decks?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Can't think of anything but it still seems slightly better than the blue one.

This card seems like total garbage

Ah well, I guess I know what every single UR deck in historic is now going to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Ah well, I guess I know what every single UR deck in historic is now going to play.
    Anyone still plays historic?

This seems good but is in bad colors.

Slime from the Loam?
    Seems kind of build for Uro.
    Too bad he's banned in almost everything.

Anyone still plays historic?
    who knows the real numbers, but only takes a couple of seconds to find a game and I never notice the same opponent twice, so I guess the answer is yes.

Mar 2007

Slime from the Loam?
    Seems kind of build for Uro.
    Too bad he's banned in almost everything.
    It's GSZ-able and kinda like a Loam that allows you to draw normally if you combine it with Karakas - while also being a win-con.

Outland Liberator

1G
    Human Werewolf
    Daybound
    1, Sacrifice Outland Liberator: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

2/2
    Frenzied Trapbreaker

Nighbound
    1, Sacrifice Frenzied Trapbreaker: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    Whenever Frenzied Trapbreaker attacks, destroy target artifact or enchantment defending player controls.

3/3
    The fronside is a monocolored Pridemage without the Exalted, while the backside is beefier and can wreck havok if it's left unchecked.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Bereaved Survivor 2W
    Creature - Human Peasant
    When another creature you control dies, transform Bereaved Survivor.
    2/1
    /
    Dauntless Avenger
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Whenever Dauntless Avenger attacks, return target creature card with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
    3/2

This seems fun and could potentially do something silly with a Sac creature? Turn 1 land mana elf - Turn 2 - land, this - Turn 3 - some creature that can sac with CMC 2 - sac it, then flip survivor and attack and then return the sacced creature to play attacking - sort of like granting it haste.

--EDIT: How does this work with Kroxa?

With Bereaved Survivor on the field - if you cast Kroxa, opponent discards a card - then it dies and you flip into Avenger. Then Avenger attacks you return Kroxa to the battlefield attacking - does it's ability trigger once or twice now since its entered the field and is attacking?

The +1 can be defense and set up some degenerative plays (grim monolith?) seems worth testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    --EDIT: How does this work with Kroxa?

With Bereaved Survivor on the field - if you cast Kroxa, opponent discards a card - then it dies and you flip into Avenger. Then Avenger attacks you return Kroxa to the battlefield attacking - does it's ability trigger once or twice now since its entered the field and is attacking?
    Kroxa ETBs after the attack trigger, so you only get the ETB trigger from it. Probably one of the better targets, though.

Thread Information