Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I'd love to see an Uro deck refuse to cast its Uro. Pay 5 for it, also I'll draw one with you.
    It costs 5 to cast and 6 to Escape. Probably one of the better uses.

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It costs 5 to cast and 6 to Escape. Probably one of the better uses.
    The question is if that's worth it.
    Against combo there's better hate and so is for slower decks.
    It is flexible and cheap though.

Doesn't have ward and has a worse body.
    Green also has Endurance so no need for anything else.

I think Ward is the big difference here. Having some protection, or at least card disadvantage tied to removing it is a huge buff.

You're comparing Questing Beasts to Reality Smashers

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    You're comparing Questing Beasts to Reality Smashers
    I mean we've seen the a number of almost-DRS on police mode cards printed. The simple fact is this: the police mode never makes the cut when it costs 3x as much as DRS. It's pretty annoying that at any point in the last few years since the ban they could have just reprinted DRS and said same card, only you don't get mana from eating lands...

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The double color mana requirement probably kills this as it can't be even flashed back with LED.

May 2015
    PDX

This card is actually close to being maindeckable lifegain in UW strategies. The loss of hand size ofc kills it when combined with the fact that the best card to discard would be Uro (meaning you don't need the lifegain). At a baseline non-green UW decks are always looking for gain 2-4 life on a legacy playable.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

The double color mana requirement probably kills this as it can't be even flashed back with LED.
    The fact that LED doesn't just pay for this and the fact that it costs 2 are the only downsides to this compared with Faithless Looting. Helps dodge Surgical Extraction, grinds, pitches to Force of Will. I'd try it in Dredge for sure, maybe other stuff.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

I mean we've seen the a number of almost-DRS on police mode cards printed. The simple fact is this: the police mode never makes the cut when it costs 3x as much as DRS. It's pretty annoying that at any point in the last few years since the ban they could have just reprinted DRS and said same card, only you don't get mana from eating lands...
    The card you're mentioning, which I can't figure out had to do with my post, is just grim lavamancer

May 2015
    PDX

The card you're mentioning, which I can't figure out had to do with my post, is just grim lavamancer
    You were comparing 3 mana DRS-werewolf to Deathgorge Scavenger, when saying Smasher vs Qbest right?

On Lavamancer, this only works when they remake it in Time Spiral 4 where it's the same card, except you can only eat opponent's GY to shock.

Pretty bad but I'll admit it made me snicker.

You were comparing 3 mana DRS-werewolf to Deathgorge Scavenger, when saying Smasher vs Qbest right?

On Lavamancer, this only works when they remake it in Time Spiral 4 where it's the same card, except you can only eat opponent's GY to shock.
    Wait, you think Graveyard Trespasser is a DRS

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I am a little surprised that Grim Lavamancer hasn't been expressly power-crept yet. Red was famously bad in Odyssey Block, yet this Shockey Boi stood out as being fairly exceptional, it even earned a spot in UR Fish in the early 00's. Weird that we haven't seen a juiced version of this guy yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

May 2015
    PDX

Wait, you think Graveyard Trespasser is a DRS
    It is the DRS yard police-lookalike effect they are heavily relying on to justify an unplayably overcosted card, yes. Put you hand over the DRS-looking text - is the card playable at all.

It is the DRS yard police-lookalike effect they are heavily relying on to justify an unplayably overcosted card, yes. Put you hand over the DRS-looking text - is the card playable at all.
    These cards are not in any way comparable.

May 2015
    PDX

These cards are not in any way comparable.
    Oh it's exactly what they're trying to recapture. Otherwise this is just an under-stat'd, over-costed vanilla beater. Just another in a long line of loses to Goyf, Uro, Strix-type, Decay, etc & also generally will lose to Endurance and Reclaimer as well...all while rewarding people for playing Daze.

If red, play Stomp Giant instead. If blue, Murktide or Brazen. If black, see blue. If black without blue, see Death's Shadow or Hogaak or Lage or Plague Engi. If white and black, play Oppo Agent and Dark Rit. These are your options if you want to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post

Pretty bad but I'll admit it made me snicker.
    Due to the lack of better discussions I want to point out that this card will crash the meme economy.
    Not only can you create rare Pepes from normal cards but also mythic rare Pepes!
    Imagine the completely serious and competitive kitchen table F4A commander rounds that will be turned into shitposts.

Although I despise reddit to my core this comment is pretty spot on:

Broke: Unstable was the last un-set

Woke: Modern Horizons 2 is an un-set

Croke: Every set is an un-set now

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I predict the combo piece for Croaking Counterpart will be printed in Crimson Vow

Wrath of Frog

Enchantment

Frogs you control get +5/+5 and hexproof.

Frogs you control can only be blocked by creatures with frogreach.

"Some Frogs related quote" - some guy

Also, they will intentionally never print the ability frogreach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Also, they will intentionally never print the ability frogreach.
    Have any other cards been given creature type reach besides dragonreach? This is the only one I found

It's going to be "frogtouch" and it will turn creatures delt damage by it into frogs.

Thread Information