Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

In the Grim Dark Future there is only hype.
    That's right, AFR released two weeks ago and Jumpstart Horizons, the Arena-only mega set was spoiled Monday, which means it's time to already forget everything and move on. Here comes the first of two rapid-fire Innistrad sets. The first one, Midnight Hunt is supposed to focus on werewolves and Crimson Vow will be focusing on vampires. So join me in spoiling some werewolves:

Enough spells. Let's see them werewolves!

Werewolf Planeswalker?

That's right the first preview had no werewolves are you shocked?

Oh, but there are some sweet gothic lands:

Last edited by FourDogsinaHorseSuit; 09-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

The lands are ok.

Another set already though. HGeeze.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

I've realized I mostly look forward to new sets for these thread titles.

Sometimes the cards are neat too...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

He, champion of the perished is not that bad. It's like champion of the parish which was played in modern... Not sure it will put zombies in a better tier of decks :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    He, champion of the perished is not that bad. It's like champion of the parish which was played in modern... Not sure it will put zombies in a better tier of decks :)
    As a modern zombies enthusiast it's weird. It's clearly an aggressive one drop but zombies had been cutting those in favor of more grindy elements. Zombies would have loved this before goblin bombardment, and before soul diviner

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    As a modern zombies enthusiast it's weird. It's clearly an aggressive one drop but zombies had been cutting those in favor of more grindy elements. Zombies would have loved this before goblin bombardment, and before soul diviner
    In legacy you have access to Phyrexian Altar which by can go infinite with Gravecrawler.
    I think by now there are enough things to win with that in a zombie framework.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

What's the lore behind "Wrenn and Number"? Because that looks silly.

That said, waiting for the obligatory new Thalia. Question is if she's in the first or second Innistrad set.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    What's the lore behind "Wrenn and Number"? Because that looks silly.

That said, waiting for the obligatory new Thalia. Question is if she's in the first or second Innistrad set.
    I think they said Wren has like a tree symbiote on every plane, but yeah just numbering them seems lame.

Thalia is probably in both just for $$$.

If it were me (and it's not. Mark Rosewater is a coward) I would play up the wedding theme of crimson vow by making it have Kamigawa level of legendaries

Aug 2015
    The woods again

If it were me (and it's not. Mark Rosewater is a coward) I would play up the wedding theme of crimson vow by making it have Kamigawa level of legendaries
    Even if only for Commander, I think that could be really cool, though I feel like it's hard to get invested in MtG characters since they all turned into Superman. I guess I'm holding out hope for a return to the deep-story days.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Even if only for Commander, I think that could be really cool, though I feel like it's hard to get invested in MtG characters since they all turned into Superman. I guess I'm holding out hope for a return to the deep-story days.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they stole the script of that GoT episode where everyone gets murdered at a wedding.
    No idea about the details since I never got into GoT.

My issue with the story is that since over a decade (man I feel old), they had little to no continuity so it was pointless to get invested into any character.
    Most of the planeswalkers were introduced first as card before they got any story and even then it sucked.
    The multiverse power ranger arc was also bad.
    They also lack interesting villains.
    Yawgmoth/Phyrexia was threatening because they covered multiple planes and were really interesting thematically.
    Bolas sucked because his new design was awful and he did too much mustache twirling, not to mention how quickly he was done away with.
    The Eldrazi were interesting but were in the end just mindless and less gruesome phyrexians.
    I'm interested to see how they'll screw up New Phyrexia since it was already pretty boring since it was just a copypasta of existing concepts.
    It just doesn't pack a punch like in the past without Yawgmoth, the faceless, sinister, scheming god.

In recent years they revisit a lot of established worlds which is in principle fine.
    However it rarely feels like a continuation, more like a rehash of something they know will sell.
    Strangely, it seems like the fans are writing the story and WotC is producing the fan fiction.

At least they may develop some themes more since they have 2 sets in the same setting again.
    Since they booted any block structure it has been such a mess of mechanics and themes and nothing is fleshed out.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I almost got excited about the block until I realized I misheard and it wasn't called "Kithkin Vow". God dammit when do I get more of those loveable little scamps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Ah hoooooo, werewolves of Innistrad
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I almost got excited about the block until I realized I misheard and it wasn't called "Kithkin Vow". God dammit when do I get more of those loveable little scamps?
    "Lorwyn: Second Breakfast". Coming Fall 2022! Or maybe Kithkin will be errata'd to be Hobbits when the LoTR set comes out.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I've realized I mostly look forward to new sets for these thread titles.
    It's my favorite time of spoiler season since I spread the rest of it moping about how the meta will shift and the game will march forward and away from me, the old timer.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    "Lorwyn: Second Breakfast". Coming Fall 2022! Or maybe Kithkin will be errata'd to be Hobbits when the LoTR set comes out.
    Plot twist: in the 2nd Innistrad set the plane gets taken over by Megatron and actual transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Plot twist: in the 2nd Innistrad set the plane gets taken over by Megatron and actual transformers.
    You mean Ghost in the Shell: Kamigawa prefecture.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

What we really need here is for Disney to start flexing on Hasbro to release all kinds of crossover IP.

"During my first main, add equal to Te Fiti's toughness. I cast Stormbreaker, equipping Mike Wazowski. I'll declare attacks now; I'll attack with Wazowski, Gwen Stacy, and Nien Nunb, and I'll tap Han Solo to give them all first strike. Blocks?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

I for one can't wait to see how MtG: GURPS develops over the next few years. Or should I say Generic Universal Trading Card Game System, GUTCGS? Doesn't really roll of the tongue, does it?
    Last edited by the Thin White Duke; 08-26-2021 at 01:33 AM.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

You mean Ghost in the Shell: Kamigawa prefecture.
    No, that is Cyberpunk:Ghost Division which tries to be even worse the 2077.
    I can see them achieving that.
    Would also be in line with the original Kamigawa block.

Thread Information