Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Teferi and the Slime both work really well with the lotus field card that has you sac 2 lands to play it. There's my big brain thought for the day, enjoy.

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Bereaved Survivor 2W
    Creature - Human Peasant
    When another creature you control dies, transform Bereaved Survivor.
    2/1
    /
    Dauntless Avenger
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Whenever Dauntless Avenger attacks, return target creature card with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
    3/2

This seems fun and could potentially do something silly with a Sac creature? Turn 1 land mana elf - Turn 2 - land, this - Turn 3 - some creature that can sac with CMC 2 - sac it, then flip survivor and attack and then return the sacced creature to play attacking - sort of like granting it haste.

--EDIT: How does this work with Kroxa?

With Bereaved Survivor on the field - if you cast Kroxa, opponent discards a card - then it dies and you flip into Avenger. Then Avenger attacks you return Kroxa to the battlefield attacking - does it's ability trigger once or twice now since its entered the field and is attacking?

The +1 can be defense and set up some degenerative plays (grim monolith?) seems worth testing?

For reference.
    Seems good while not too much value.
    At least it's nor Lurrus again.

Not sure about Teferi.
    At least this one doesn't seem too absurd compared to the other UW ones.
    "Opps-all-teferis" could be a thing.
    Looking forward to getting Perri Piper'd in historic again.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Bereaved Survivor could have been an interesting rare 2-drop instead of a safe 3-drop uncommon but sure :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Other than Kroxa - best I can come up with is a soft lock with Hope of Ghirapur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

If UW Fish were still a thing you could maybe have a bad counter-lock with Dauntless Avenger and any creature you sacrifice to counter a spell, but that's 2 cards for a bad engine (where the other half is like... idk Voidmage Prodigy) but man does that suck, imagine losing a counter engine because it was forced to attack.

Spore Frog
    Kami of False Hope
    Phyrexian Dreadnought.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

On second thought, I wonder how good suspicious Stowaway is going to be in a Stompy deck that can play it on T1. If your opponent doesn't have a T1 play themselves when they're on the draw, they have a unblockable 2-power card drawer on their ass that's protected by FoW/FoN. That seems really good, actually.

Same goes for Outland Liberator. Given the high relevance of Saga in the metagame, it seems like a very strong counterplay since it eats Sagas and everything it can produce for breakfast. And Saga decks love to durdle around in the early turns with not many spells cast. Between Liberator + GSZ (giving you effectively 8 copies) and Liquimetal Coating/Liquimetal Torque + Karn, there might be enough critical mass now for some kind of green Stompy deck blows up artifacts via Liquimetal tapping. Best case scenario would be something like this:

T1: Land, accel, Liberator
    Opponent: No spells, flip Liberator
    T2: Liquimetal Coating, convert their land, swing, blow up their lands every turn

Edit: A white splash could also give you access Pridemage (which would also work great with a 1-of Feline Sovereign), Knight of Autumn and KotR. Between fetches, Mox Diamond, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove and maybe even Timeless Dragon (great with Mox Diamond, would also play great with Liberator), mana consistency should be less of an issue. The access to multicolored mana (G/W, Mox + Dryad) should also make Prismatic Ending a feasible removal spell.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Phyrexian Dreadnought
    It would still die to its own ETB trigger before it does anything of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It would still die to its own ETB trigger before it does anything of value.
    So bring back a Honor Guard too. Do I have to figure out everything?

May 2015
    PDX

So bring back a Honor Guard too. Do I have to figure out everything?
    Merely having a 12/12 body on board for an instant is useful. It's not hard to translate it into 12 cards or 12 life or 12 damage or act as Show and Tell [Mosswort Bridge]; these things are however too janky to be competitive at this time.

The bigger strike against this white creature is that Liliana, Heretical Healer exists and isn't used.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Merely having a 12/12 body on board for an instant is useful. It's not hard to translate it into 12 cards or 12 life or 12 damage or act as Show and Tell [Mosswort Bridge]; these things are however too janky to be competitive at this time.

The bigger strike against this white creature is that Liliana, Heretical Healer exists and isn't used.
    Tolcatli Honor Guard is a torpor orb. My post implied you use such a creature so that when you put your 12/12 trampler into play tapped and attacking you don't have to sacrifice it.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

The obvious path to victory here is the Johnny God Draw of T1 Ancient Tomb > Chrome Mox > Bereaved Survivor, T2 Phyrexian Dreadnought, sacs itself > transform Survivor > cast Torpor Orb and attack for 15. It's like a garbage turn 2 Emrakul.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    The obvious path to victory here is the Johnny God Draw of T1 Ancient Tomb > Chrome Mox > Bereaved Survivor, T2 Phyrexian Dreadnought, sacs itself > transform Survivor > cast Torpor Orb and attack for 15. It's like a garbage turn 2 Emrakul.
    Tomb -> Grim Monolith -> Grim monolith -> Lotus Petal -> Coco (Survivor, Survivor) -> Lotus Petal -> Dark Ritual -> Dreadnought -> dreadnought ->Torpor Orb -> Lotus Petal -> Concordant Crossroads -> Attack with transformed survivors for 30.

Your classic ABBCDBEFFGCH 12 card combo.

Tomb -> Grim Monolith -> Grim monolith -> Lotus Petal -> Coco (Survivor, Survivor) -> Lotus Petal -> Dark Ritual -> Dreadnought -> dreadnought ->Torpor Orb -> Lotus Petal -> Concordant Crossroads -> Attack with transformed survivors for 30.

Your classic ABBCDBEFFGCH 12 card combo.
    r/BadMtgCombos/ is leaking!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Seems like nice value.

No tiddy but will probably see play in standard and historic.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

"mana spent to cast that spell" BOO

I want to sac two Mountains to Fireblast and flip into SuperBolts™

booo
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

There's probably a "never go ash-to-mouth" joke in the somewhere but I don't have the brainpower for it right now, I'm trying to learn TypeScript

I like Red better when it doesn't just augment its burn with more burn, like... less Ashmouth Dragon, more Magma Jet, I guess. Like if I'm just going to be topdecking at least let my topdecking be choice af instead of having me hope I draw a Lightning Bolt that might do 5

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    There's probably a "never go ash-to-mouth" joke in the somewhere but I don't have the brainpower for it right now, I'm trying to learn TypeScript

I like Red better when it doesn't just augment its burn with more burn, like... less Ashmouth Dragon, more Magma Jet, I guess. Like if I'm just going to be topdecking at least let my topdecking be choice af instead of having me hope I draw a Lightning Bolt that might do 5
    No, you only get to discard cards and hope you get better ones.
    Because the Color Pie and the Council of Colors (lol) say so.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    "mana spent to cast that spell" BOO
    How does that work with Delve spells? It's no mana, but the cost is paid nonetheless for all intents and purposes.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    How does that work with Delve spells? It's no mana, but the cost is paid nonetheless for all intents and purposes.
    I suspect just as you're suggesting. Murderous Cut for and Delve 4 would put one counter on this guy.
    Cost is paid, but not with mana, so no tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I suspect just as you're suggesting. Murderous Cut for and Delve 4 would put one counter on this guy.
    Cost is paid, but not with mana, so no tricks.
    Recently, they template things in the way that they check what was done to cast the spell.
    I would also assume that this should also include this case and it checks the actual amount of mana spent, regardless of reductions or replacements.
    Unless they for some reason decide that it's no longer the way to go and change it.

Thread Information