Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I suspect just as you're suggesting. Murderous Cut for and Delve 4 would put one counter on this guy.
    Cost is paid, but not with mana, so no tricks.
    On the other hand, it will give full credit for flashing back Faithless Looting. I don't think it's going to be playable because storm cards are better, but combo decks can crank through 7 mana of instant/sorcery pretty fast, and 2 damage per spell is a lot.

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

The last adversary is also meh.
    Might be an ok finisher but sets itself up for mass removal.

This seems very playable.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    No, you only get to discard cards and hope you get better ones.
    Because the Color Pie and the Council of Colors (lol) say so.
    In fairness, Red has that "exile X cards and you can play them until EOT" which is... I mean, it's on-brand for a color that philosophically wants to BuRn ThRoUgH ItS ReSoUrCeS in order to win. I'd be fine with that kind of thing showing up more often too, honestly, anything but "yo dawg I heard you like burn so I put more burn in your burn so you can burn stuff while you burn stuff"

Especially with this card and having to earn it by spending 7 mana on spells that just ramp up to getting the actual dragon, it's like... come the fuck on just give me the bad effect instead of making me thread the needle. There's a Boros guy in this set that has a similar effect of adding 1 to all spells that damage an opponent + preventing spell damage to your guys, and he just costs 3 with no foreplay, you just get the effect. Like come on
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    In fairness, Red has that "exile X cards and you can play them until EOT" which is... I mean, it's on-brand for a color that philosophically wants to BuRn ThRoUgH ItS ReSoUrCeS in order to win. I'd be fine with that kind of thing showing up more often too, honestly, anything but "yo dawg I heard you like burn so I put more burn in your burn so you can burn stuff while you burn stuff"

Especially with this card and having to earn it by spending 7 mana on spells that just ramp up to getting the actual dragon, it's like... come the fuck on just give me the bad effect instead of making me thread the needle. There's a Boros guy in this set that has a similar effect of adding 1 to all spells that damage an opponent + preventing spell damage to your guys, and he just costs 3 with no foreplay, you just get the effect. Like come on
    To me it seems like they decided on a handful effects for each color and 2color combo which is the only thing they are going to get.
    UG has had a lot draw + put land into play for example.
    In principle this would be fine if not everything felt so samey or "been there, done that".
    It's more of a checklist then organic design.
    Considering their 'roided release schedule and their insistence on the cOlOr PiE for fLaVoR, 95% checklist cards is all we can expect to get.

Finally white gets playable direct planeswalker removal, been (one of many of) the colors biggest weakness for years now

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Finally white gets playable direct planeswalker removal, been (one of many of) the colors biggest weakness for years now
    Mayhaps you've heard of this card called Prismatic Ending which both exiles PWs and does not give that PWs controller a clue token.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Mayhaps you've heard of this card called Prismatic Ending which both exiles PWs and does not give that PWs controller a clue token.
    Yes, that super strong mono-colored spell that is Prismatic Ending which you would definitely enjoy casting for CMC 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Malevolent Hermit 1U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    U, Sacrifice Malevolent Hermit: Counter target noncreature spell unless its controller pays 3.
    Disturb 2U
    2/1
    /
    Benevolent Geist
    Creature - Spirit Wizard
    Flying
    Noncreature spells you control can't be countered.
    If Benevolent Geist would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
    2/2

This feels like it should have a place somewhere? Assuming you cast this turn 3 to hold 1 mana to counter a non-creature spell, then when it eventually sacs you can get value form it later. Would mono-blue want this?

Jerren, Corrupted Bishop 2B
    Legendary Creature - Human Cleric
    Whenever Jerren, Corrupted Bishop enters the battlefield or another nontoken creature you control dies, you lose 1 life and create a 1/1 white Human creature token.
    2: Target Human you control gains lifelink until end of turn.
    At the beginning of your end step, if you have exactly 13 life, you may pay 4BB. If you do, transform Jerren.
    2/3
    /
    Ormedahl, the Corrupter
    Legendary Creature - Demon
    Flying, trample, lifelink
    Sacrifice another creature: Draw a card.
    6/6

Would be funny if we ever reach a point where Moonmist becomes legacy playable - as it is, a 6/6 flying lifelinker is not really worth a 2 card combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Malevolent Hermit 1U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    U, Sacrifice Malevolent Hermit: Counter target noncreature spell unless its controller pays 3.
    Disturb 2U
    2/1
    /
    Benevolent Geist
    Creature - Spirit Wizard
    Flying
    If Benevolent Geist would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
    2/2

This feels like it should have a place somewhere? Assuming you cast this turn 3 to hold 1 mana to counter a non-creature spell, then when it eventually sacs you can get value form it later. Would mono-blue want this?
    My first thought wasn't even using the front half, just get 3 mana plus LED, discard this guy and Echo, cast this guy, cast echo, your opponent just drew all the counterspells, oh no! anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Malevolent Hermit 1U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    Disturb 2U
    2/1
    /
    Benevolent Geist
    Creature - Spirit Wizard
    Flying
    2/2

It seems like the front site is attractive for creature-heavy decks, and the back side is attractive to creature light decks. How much is it worth to protect Collected Company from counterspells in a tribal humans deck?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It seems like the front site is attractive for creature-heavy decks, and the back side is attractive to creature light decks. How much is it worth to protect Collected Company from counterspells in a tribal humans deck?
    The front side is nice to protect against mass removal.
    Counters on the other hand shouldn't be too much of a problem for a deck that has Vial and Cavern.
    It's a nice upside though.
    At least your opponent has to counter it twice.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

3/1 and Flash seems like an interest choice if you need enchantment/artifact hate.
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Seems like most decks this would serve are currently making use of Skyclave Apparition, and that cover much more ground than this. Qasali Pridemage gets grabbed by GSZ, and while this doesn't need Vial to support instant speed interaction and has useful stats, I don't see many decks moving away from Skyclave any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Did legacy get any playables from this set? I haven't seen anything i would buy, and I'm a sucker for jank.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Seems like most decks this would serve are currently making use of Skyclave Apparition, and that cover much more ground than this. Qasali Pridemage gets grabbed by GSZ, and while this doesn't need Vial to support instant speed interaction and has useful stats, I don't see many decks moving away from Skyclave any time soon.
    Apparition can't hit cards like Omniscience, or Saga, for the matter. I think it's a fine card as Recruiter target and SB material, at the very least. At 3 power and flash, it can also act as pseudo-removal against a good chunk of ground attackers.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Did legacy get any playables from this set? I haven't seen anything i would buy, and I'm a sucker for jank.
    Well, we've got a version of Abrade that loots or kills walkers instead of pulling "bad Hurkyl's" duty, so that's a start.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Sets not over. We still have ~commander~

I wonder about stuff like Lier, Disciple of the Drowned in high tide decks and Champion of the Perished in zombie tribal decks, but it's all pretty niche.
    Last edited by rufus; 09-13-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I wonder about stuff like Lier, Disciple of the Drowned in high tide decks and Champion of the Perished in zombie tribal decks, but it's all pretty niche.
    They revealed some good zombie cards today in the commander deck. I don't think it's legacy power but as a modern zombies player I would have liked them in the modern zombies lists.
    I think there's a lot a legacy deck could do though with phyrexian tower and gravecrawler. Even tower shambling ghast is 5 mana on turn 2 and you usually need grim monolith and sol lands for that.

Consider makes doomsday much more likely to win on t1. Curse of leech’s looks good as the 4th curse in my deck. Curse of silence looks decent in D&T and enchantress as a deafening silence against a+b decks. Champion of the perished might be good enough for budget hogaak decks. Mono white and mono green pride mates were spoiled, which seems good for D&T and BUG zenith. The meathook massacre is a terrible boardwipe, but is the cheapest enchantment blood artist effect.

Thread Information