Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf Howl)

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

This curse can kill opponents that don't run any creature cards and is pretty good against decks with heavy hitters like Emrakul. SB material for Curses, maybe?

Re: Innistrad Midnight Hunt: Wolf's is back baby. Its good again. Awoouu! (werewolf H

This guy could probably be sideboard material.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

This curse can kill opponents that don't run any creature cards and is pretty good against decks with heavy hitters like Emrakul. SB material for Curses, maybe?
    Show it into play on yourself and mil yourself to emrakul

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    No! Mill yourself to Phyrexian Dreadnought and sac it to itself, then play Torpor Orb and bring it back with Dauntless Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    No! Mill yourself to Phyrexian Dreadnought and sac it to itself, then play Torpor Orb and bring it back with Dauntless Avenger
    Mill yourself to your only Laboratory Maniac and then mill yourself to death next turn.
    Wait, that actually might not be completely terrible....

Unrelated:
    Besides not getting into the flavor of any recent set I for some reason don't like the portrayal of Innistrad this time.
    Getting some real Diablo vibes in the sense that considering the amount of threads to your very existence, civilized life seems kinda impossible.

Even more unrelated:
    Can we get another plane without humans again for once?
    Lorwyn was almost 15 years ago.
    Seems low key racist how almost every main character is human in the "story".

Duh but besides that

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    It's a lot like Oath of Druids.

I'm not sure there's any way to make it work well, but Empty the Laboratory (UUX sacrifice X zombies, put the top X zombies from your library on the battlefield) can find some cute stuff like Bone Miser or multiple copies of Grey Merchant of Asphodel.

You can hit yourself with Curse of the Restless dead to make landfall zombie tokens, but at 3 cc it's probably too slow to be useful.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It's a lot like Oath of Druids.

I'm not sure there's any way to make it work well, but Empty the Laboratory (UUX sacrifice X zombies, put the top X zombies from your library on the battlefield) can find some cute stuff like Bone Miser or multiple copies of Grey Merchant of Asphodel.

You can hit yourself with Curse of the Restless dead to make landfall zombie tokens, but at 3 cc it's probably too slow to be useful.
    Shame there is no Emrakul Zombie to go Sacromancy followed by Empty the Lab into your only Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Shame there is no Emrakul Zombie to go Sacromancy followed by Empty the Lab into your only Zombie
    Morphodon is back, baby

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Just noticed this one:

It's a Courser of Kruphix that can maybe power out creatures. Coven is probably too big of a hoop to jump through.

Just noticed this one:

It's a Courser of Kruphix that can maybe power out creatures. Coven is probably too big of a hoop to jump through.

It'll be good in my commander deck, however!
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Maybe. But something like Hierarch/Dryad Arbor/Augur isn't too hard to set up.

Another possible application would be as value engine in Humans. The deck already goes wide and has various differently means of creature growth.

Just noticed this one:

... Coven is probably too big of a hoop to jump through.
    That seems like a pretty subtle question to me. The druid, by itself, is 1/3 of the way there, and a deck that's set up to use the ability is likely to be running lots of bodies anyway.

For the purposes of legacy, I think that a bigger issue is that it gets outclassed by Glimpse of Nature in a big way, even if the effects are a bit different.

I know that Jeskai Ascendancy combo is a modern thing, but I wonder if the Augur makes sense as a 1-of to be found with Summoner's pact in that.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

That seems like a pretty subtle question to me. The druid, by itself, is 1/3 of the way there, and a deck that's set up to use the ability is likely to be running lots of bodies anyway.

For the purposes of legacy, I think that a bigger issue is that it gets outclassed by Glimpse of Nature in a big way, even if the effects are a bit different.

I know that Jeskai Ascendancy combo is a modern thing, but I wonder if the Augur makes sense as a 1-of to be found with Summoner's pact in that.
    Maybe thoughtlash?

Turn 1 - Land + Mana Dork
    Turn 2 - Land + [Creature with Power =/= to 1 or 2] [+ Draw]
    Turn 3 - Land + Thoughtlash
    Turn 4 - Thoughtlash into a Land then GSZ (you might need one more mana for this) or Pact to Augur then Lash into Thassa's Oracle and exile your library in response?

Sep 2011

Just noticed this one:

Seems good as a 1-of in Maverick.

Any 30-creature GSZ pile (except Elves) should be able to hit the Coven requirement and also make good use of the free creatures and lands.
    For Elves, they'll get stuck with all 1/1s and don't want to spend 3 mana on Glimpse.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Seems good as a 1-of in Maverick.

Any 30-creature GSZ pile (except Elves) should be able to hit the Coven requirement and also make good use of the free creatures and lands.
    For Elves, they'll get stuck with all 1/1s and don't want to spend 3 mana on Glimpse.
    Indeed, the GW Glimpse with Flashback card in this set convinced me to put together an Elves deck using what few cards I have left after The Great Sellout, and I've been goldfishing it while thinking at work, it turns out that the right amount to pay for the Glimpse effect is always exactly one green mana.

I have my doubts about this guy in general unless you really have a diverse base of creatures that let you incidentally slip this guy in. Unless the Coven ability is just a nice-to-have and you can build a deck that doesn't care, I would not want to get got by accidentally controlling too many creatures with the same power, that's just silly and disincentivizes playing/drawing multiples.

EDIT - already on fucking Arena I've played a match where someone pwned their own Coven ability and conceded about it by putting a +1/+1 counter on a 1/1 dude as a combat trick, leaving them with 2 guys with 2 power and thus shutting off Coven. I bet we don't have exactly that problem in Legacy but there would be enough dumb stuff like Exalted triggers buffing a guy and un-Covening your board that it has to either be a build-around ability or something you just ignore and benefit from the other two abilities
    Last edited by TsumiBand; 09-17-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Indeed, the GW Glimpse with Flashback card in this set convinced me to put together an Elves deck using what few cards I have left after The Great Sellout, and I've been goldfishing it while thinking at work, it turns out that the right amount to pay for the Glimpse effect is always exactly one green mana. ...
    Yeah, if a 2cc Glimpse were going to be good, people would be playing Beck//Call already. It's pretty clear that a deck has to take advantage of the differences between the spells to justify paying more. Not that it's likely to be a winning strategy, but, for example, since it draws off of creature tokens and enchantments, Rite of Harmony will draw two cards off of Sarcomancy,Legion's Landing or Squirrel Sanctuary, while Glimpse of Nature would draw none.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Yeah, if a 2cc Glimpse were going to be good, people would be playing Beck//Call already. It's pretty clear that a deck has to take advantage of the differences between the spells to justify paying more. Not that it's likely to be a winning strategy, but, for example, since it draws off of creature tokens and enchantments, Rite of Harmony will draw two cards off of Sarcomancy,Legion's Landing or Squirrel Sanctuary, while Glimpse of Nature would draw none.
    Well, I guess I was more drawn to the idea that you could potentially be more consistent with the GW one because if you draw and cast one, you can flash it back and start drawing 2x. But after doing a few days of experiments where I'd goldfish and just mentally swap out Glimpse for the new card, it's a pain to have to have a non-green source just to get started and there's enough tricks you can do with Wirewood Symbiote and Elvish Visionary to net you additional cards all for green mana. It also kinda feels like casting one Glimpse is usually enough, you can stabilize and go off pretty easily with Nettle Sentinel and just get to a point where drawing more cards faster doesn't mean anything. It's not like High Tide where you really want to cast multiple Tides to feel good about what you're doing.

Granted that's just me dicking around at home not playing through disruption and shit but like, if my suboptimal list with Titiania's Priest over Gaea's Cradle can seal it turn 3 without white mana then I'm less inclined to think there are real-life situations where you'd really want to screw with the deck to make the GW spell work.

Sep 2011

StormChantress??

//2-mana Enchantresses: 12
    4 Rite of Harmony
    4 Sythis, Harvest's Hand
    4 Argothian Enchantress

//1-mana Enchantments: 24
    4 Exploration
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Eladamri's Vineyard
    4 Legion's Landing
    4 Squirrel Sanctuary

//More Squirrels: 4
    4 Chatterstorm

//Mana:
    Serra's Sanctum
    Chrome Mox
    Land Grant
    Savannah
    Forest

//???:
    Concordant Crossroads
    Elephant Grass
    Paladin Class
    Solitary Confinement
    Carpet of Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    StormChantress??
    //2-mana Enchantresses: 12
    4 Rite of Harmony
    4 Sythis, Harvest's Hand
    4 Argothian Enchantress

Something like that, but I'm not sure it's any good. (I also always wonder about Nature's Chosen with the wild growths and white creatures.)

Thread Information