Twenty players rocked up in Cardiff for FNM Legacy, the second since play restarted following our solitary between lockdown outing last September. The local meta seems to have become a little closer to the online meta than has been traditional, with more copies of Force of Will and Brainstorm than ever- 11 force of will decks, and 13 brainstorm decks. Who knew that Legacy was a blue format? Just like online, there were a few semi-spice decks to complement old favourites. The archetypes present were as follows, in no particular order.

UR delver x3
Maverick
Reanimator (BRxx rather than mono b)
Doomsday
UW Planeswalker stasis
UB Ninja
D n T x2
Bant x3
GW depths
Jeskai miracles
Storm x2 [1 was definitely ANT, not 100% certain on the other]
Dragon stompy
Mono black helm
UW RIP helm

The top 8 were
Jeskai Miracles (12 points)
Bant control (10)
GW depths and Bant (9)
Filling out the rest of the top 8
UR Delver
DnT
Ninja
UW walker with stasis

So Jeskai coming up trumps for traditional Miracles over Uro and his crew. Congratulations! I saw a fair few copies of MH2 cards to be sure- what an impact that set has made. Personally, I normally spend about a couple of hours a month updating my decks to make sure my loan decks match the latest lists people are playing. Post MH2 I have spent well over twenty hours as the metagame settles and the power of cards like Endurance, Urza’s Saga, and Prismatic Ending start to make themselves felt. I am still slightly behind on one or two- good job I am on a very long holiday. I am looking forward to working on updating my sadly neglected personal pet decks before going back to work. If anyone wants lists I have some of them and can probably get others- PM me.

On to Bristol where 15 players turned up for FNM at the end of July – data provided by the Doomsday exponent Doishy. They seem to have a Monkey Infestation down there! Apparently they also had people from Kent- people will literally drive across the country to play Legacy.
1st - Selesnya Toolbox Control (Maverick) [4-0]
2nd (UR Delver) [3-1]
3rd (More UR Delver) [3-1]
4th Doomsday [3-1]
5th UR Delver [3-1]
6th UR Delvers " [3-1]
7th - UW Omnishow [2-2]
8th (BUG Wish Aluren) [2-2].
We also had in the room in no particular order:
Humans
Infect
Eldrazi Aggro
Bant Control
Merfolk
Death and Taxes
Medium White, little bit spicy

So there we have it 2 FNMs for the price of 1.